Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,051 members, 7,866,964 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Boko Haram: Nigerians, Have We Forgotten So Soon? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigerians, Have We Forgotten So Soon? (584 Views)

Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) / Oshiomhole Has Forgotten So Soon By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Nigerians, Have We Forgotten So Soon? by sCun: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2015
One of the biggest topics dominating the discuss surrounding the upcoming elections is the failure of the incumbent government to shackle boko haram. One thing we have to remember on the fore-front of criticising the President are the same people that were criticising him when boko haram was being dealt with decisively.
The opposition Presidential candidate General Buhari who is now promising Nigerians that he has what it takes to fight and defeat boko haram, but we have to remember that just over a year ago when the terrorists were being dealt with decisively, Buhari was up in arms calling the FG biased for fighting boko haram instead of pampering and giving them money like the Niger Delta militants.
Buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram
www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/
Buhari: Military Offensive against Boko Haram, Anti-north
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

How is it that the same man who was so much against the killing of boko haram members is now promising Nigerians that he will defeat them and no one is asking questions?

Northern elders also accused the President and his former Chief of Army staff of genocide for killing boko haram members when the army was on the offensive against them.....now the same President is called weak and incompetent.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/northern-elders-drag-ihejirika-6-others-icc-bama-deaths/
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/153649-ex-army-chief-ihejirika-tackles-ungrateful-northern-elders-calls-prosecution.html

Being fully aware of the volatile and fragile nature of Nigeria, the President had to soft pedal in the midst of opposition from powerful northerners, the army took a back seat and began fighting boko haram on reactionary instead of proactive basis.
The unfortunate result was that boko haram was afforded the time to go back, regroup and come out even stronger, the result is what we are seeing now.

Summary: The President fights boko haram, gets accused of genocide and hatred for the north, he takes a defensive approach against them, gets accused of lack of concern for the north, incompetence and weakness ...... by the same people!
A very very bad precedent has been set and there is no easy way out of it. If Buhari wins and boko haram activities somehow ceases, the accusations of him sponsoring the group in order to rise to power will surface, if he comes in and fights boko haram will full force, he will be reminded of his comments when the former President was doing the same and the northern elders who cried genocide then will be asked for comments.
Nigeria is not one.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerians, Have We Forgotten So Soon? by SIRKOL(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2015
d problem I hv with Buhari is not d fact that he is a muslim or dat power Will return to d north but for d fact dat d man is dull! (prove me wrong and I will know u are as dumb as he is) Sometimes I ask myself weda his so called supporters are really telling themselves d truth or weda they r only guided by sentiments. In My BOOK I stated that "when a blind man leads another blind, it may not be much of a problem d biggest problem is when they have blind men supporting them". If d oil @ southern Nigeria was in d north, we would HV divided by now.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerians, Have We Forgotten So Soon? by saintikechi(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2015
it is obvious that buhari is one of the boko haram's political leaders.

GEJ TILL. 2019.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerians, Have We Forgotten So Soon? by sCun: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2015
saintikechi:
it is obvious that buhari is one of the boko haram's political leaders.

GEJ TILL. 2019.
He and the others instead of supporting the government in tackling the menace, saw it as an opportunity to ride on to power.
Now it has spiralled out of control

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan In Abia / Sani Abacha’s Daughter, Gumsu “disgusted” By Ayo Fayose PDP Advert [PHOTO] / A Nigerian Youth Wrote This Letter To Buhari Sir,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.