Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. (29138 Views)

Before You Start/quit That Relationship Or Marriage, Learn From This Story / Ladies, Before You Hand Over Your Breast To Any Man.. Do This! (see Photo) / My Shocking Encounter With A Guy Who Slept With 20 Ladies Before He Clock 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Welcome!

Welcome, to our year of light, of continuity, of amazing blazing glory.
Things can only get better.

Have you ever been in that position where it felt like you have found that one person who means much more than a lot to you?

Have you ever thought of yourself as "in love?"
Like there couldn't possibly be anywhere you'd wanna be in the universe except in the arms of your loved one?
He spoils you silly with love and you feel like, before you, after you, beyond you, nothing else matters, just you.

And then all of a sudden --- you find yourself soliloquizing in the lines below;

How does a person love up on someone so much only for them to give you the cold treatment just after you decide to love them back, perhaps even more than they showed you? 

How can someone who had all the time in the world for you suddenly become busy and unlovely and unloveable?

Somehow, you know the individual doesn't despise you, but as is obvious, their action(s) doesn't quite measure up.

Now, there are two things involved here:-

Either that person has become plain disinterested in you and is actually giving you the green light to move on with your life 

Or 

Maybe, just maybe, it's about time you pursued them too; maybe it's time you loved up on them - more.

So, I want to make a proposal; as we all know --- life is a teacher, like Jim Palmer would say - "there's twice as much we don't know, than we do know". 
Granted, I'm yet to get past my confuzzlement on why the male folk especially, lead ladies on to a certain extent only to turn them into bundles of insecurity, all the same:- 

My proposal goes thus:-

- I'd like for us to re-adjust our definition of love.

- Let's operate from this base of understanding that beyond the frills and thrills, underlying and over the top excitement; Love Is A Decision.

- It's about time we turned on our humanity towards our partner.

Loving and our emotions are something else, simply out of this world. I've heard people reduce love to chemical equations and mere release of hormones into the human brain and all I literally do is just shake my head.
Some, have even tried to calculate love by overly using their brain, in a bid to avoid being friendzoned  or outrightly fooled.
In my sojourn though, I've found that you'll fall for whom you'll fall for and you'll get bored if you'll get bored.

We could do without overly mathematicalizing love.

Ultimately, we ought to be proactive. 
When the boredom comes; owh trust me, it will.
When the attraction becomes less; When there's absolutely little or nothing to talk about; 
What measures do we take to spark it all up again?
This would normally require us going beyond ourselves, and ego, maybe. But with the right person, it's worth it, I think.
If he doesn't call you as usual, call him.
If he fails to say I love you and those sweet nothings you like to hear, say it to him.
If he doesn't ask about your loved ones, your family, your career and your circumstances, ask about his.
If he doesn't buy you those thoughtful gifts anymore like he used to, please go out of your way and get some for him.

If you really love that guy AND YOU THINK HE IS WORTH IT, despite his below par performance, love up on your man, love him, not because you are desperate - no, no; not as a means to manipulate him into doing your biddings [i] mbanu (no),[/i]let your actions towards him flow from a pure heart, as much as you can, give your best into the relationship without expecting so much.

"But Adannaya, what if he doesn't reciprocate, what if I genuinely get tired and I just need to break it off with him"

^^^ Always follow your heart, be sure you're being guided by your inner light --- by that feeling that's real, deep inside you.

Remember, patience is a virtue and there's really nothing like certainty in a relationship that is built to last.

Perhaps, one of the greatest lessons we can learn during this season, as we usher in the New Year is that, Giving is the best form of receiving.

To the guys reading this, a friend shared this text with me as shared by Kanye West via his twitter account --- you might be inspired smiley

“Sometimes, what a girl does is push the guy away to see if he’ll still come back to her to test how much he actually wants to be with her. So be the guy who will call her back when she hangs up on you out of frustration. Be the guy who will chase after her when she walks away from you out of anger. Be the guy who will comfort her when she’s too stubborn to tell you what’s wrong. Be the guy to reassure her when she’s jealous that the other girl means nothing. Be the guy who will fight for her when she’s too afraid to stay in the relationship. Be the guy who will prove to her that she’s able to trust someone again. When she feels certain you’re the one, that’s when she’ll stop pushing.”

To our dear readers;

If you're inspired by this write up, please share with your friends, and as always, your comments are most welcome smiley

http://mizmycolimusings..com/2015/01/ladies-before-you-finally-give-up-on.html

54 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by naijaboiy: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
still reading undecided
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by englishmart(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
even for #1,000,000. I won't read this novel

54 Likes

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Took my time to read through this ; it was worth the read.
I had to share it. smiley

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by kingphilip(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
englishmart:
Abeg I think say na only me o... BTW it's for ladies sha and not for us

why u modify nw

1 Like

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
Can you kindly put it in summary,Nigerians are busy...

Thank You

26 Likes

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by MizMyColi(f): 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
smiley

kiss

4 Likes

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by 2SWT(f): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
Very long

l'll take my time to read it later

its worth it....l think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by demelza: 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
sauceny:

Thank You
englishmart:
grin
E no long na!
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by englishmart(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
kingphilip:

Abeg I think say na only me o... BTW it's for ladies sha and not for us

why u modify nw
lol. Some days are like that
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Jaymima(f): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nice writeup. I personally appreciate it. kiss

1 Like

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
sauceny:
Thank You

I think Nigerians should be busy enough to avoid threads they can't contribute to "meaningfully".
Thank You too.

naijaboiy:
still reading undecided
waiting.

It would be worth it : trust me. smiley
The title is "ladies..." doesn't automatically exempt guys o.
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Mynd44: 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
The "blondes" are at it again.

As usual, not well thought up and colossally flawed
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by herald9: 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
It wasn't much of an epistle after all...

Just saying the same thing with loads of words...

If he doesn't call you as usual, call him.
If he fails to say I love you and those sweet
nothings you like to hear, say it to him.
If he doesn't ask about your loved ones, your
family, your career and your circumstances,
ask about his.
If he doesn't buy you those thoughtful gifts
anymore like he used to, please go out of
your way and get some for him.

If he's lost interest in you...still stick around at your own peril undecided

How long will it take to move on than trying to rekindle the flames of a dead love? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by chimerase2: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
U knw I don't like reading long epistle abi

But wat I can grab from der is de discontinuation of love a guy has for a gal or vice versa
Ehm one tin dat can make luve to be discontinued ''hope ma grammatical eluelu is correct'' one tin is SEX
Sex can kill love in a relationship not all but most
I dnt knw weda amu in line with the op s view

1 Like

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by naijaboiy: 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I think Nigerians should be busy enough to avoid threads they can't contribute to "meaningfully".
Thank You too.

waiting.

It would be worth it : trust me. smiley
The title is "ladies..." doesn't automatically exempt guys o.
Ok...just read it through.

Kanye West actually said that? undecided
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Rapsainot(m): 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
angry angry so sad I couldn't read this
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by chimerase2: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
Had to go tru de blog

Such a nice and wonderful blog unlike oda blog, whosoever is behind it should keep it up
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by lanicky(f): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nyc writeup smiley

Kudos to u guys.
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by herald9: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
chimerase2:
Had to go tru de blog

Such a nice and wonderful blog unlike oda blog, whosoever is behind it should keep it up

have you checked out ujsizzle's pathonwater.... ah bet you'll not leave without trying to chew them words...cool
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by UjSizzle(f): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mynd44:
The "blondes" are at it again.

As usual, not well thought up and colossally flawed
Bia Mynd go and drink Fanta biko.

If it's flawed, state your argument na.... angry

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by UjSizzle(f): 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
herald9:

have you checked out ujsizzle's pathonwater.... ah bet you'll not leave without trying to chew them words...cool
Lol una sabi hype pesin for nl eh grin

Thank you tongue

4 Likes

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by sban(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley

kiss
This is just the beginning of your success MizMyColi Musings cheesy
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Urine: 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lovely write up by a lady that is destined for greatness.

1 Like

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
I love this. Quite insightful smiley Kudos to you OP cool
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Mynd44: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2015
UjSizzle:

Bia Mynd go and drink Fanta biko.

If it's flawed, state your argument na.... angry

tongue
Come buy the Fanta na.

Who you dey show angry face?
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by marieolae(f): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Very nice. Thumbs up.
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by jauntty: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Welcome!

He spoils you silly with love and you feel like, before you, after you, beyond you, nothing else matters, just you.

And then all of a sudden --- you find yourself soliloquizing in the lines below;

How does a person love up on someone so much only for them to give you the cold treatment just after you decide to love them back, perhaps even more than they showed you? 

How can someone who had all the time in the world for you suddenly become busy and unlovely and unloveable?

Somehow, you know the individual doesn't despise you, but as is obvious, their action(s) doesn't quite measure up.

Kachisbarbie, the FUN is in the "Hunting" and not really in the catch...beside, when the chase is over and the hype is down, hunting starts again and the cycle continue...that's how we roll.

1 Like

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
If this thread is not full of Shee(I)t, I wonder What else it is full of.
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Took my time to read through this ; it was worth the read.
I had to share it. smiley
Na you write am, na you stil come tell us say u dont read am it worth our time, na the u write inside ur profile say u be f na the same u be the m in the pic. me don tire 4 nairaland e don dey be like fb. Who knows if na seun's robot a dey for follow talk since all this month. I hav been reminded that i want to deactivate my accout soon. Some people dey here way be say dew get many accounts. Some account they will claim to be female, another they will claim to be male, another den be amafrodite, another dem be gay, another dem be atheist...i tire o.

1 Like

Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
Amefrica:
I love this. Quite insightful smiley Kudos to you OP cool

I copied it from Miz.mycoli's blog.
Thanks on her behalf smiley
Hope you learnt something undecided'

jauntty:
Kachisbarbie, the FUN is in the "Hunting" and not really in the catch...beside, when the chase is over and the hype is down, hunting starts again and the cycle continue...that's how we roll.

jauntty please elucidate on your post.
Are you trying to say you're one of those men that intentionally make things difficult for their partner?

marieolae:
Very nice. Thumbs up.
Thanks babe.
Hope ure good? wink

mynairatime:
Na you write am, na you stil come tell us say u dont read am it worth our time, na the u write inside ur profile say u be f na the same u be the m in the pic. me don tire 4 nairaland e don dey be like fb. Who knows if na seun's robot a dey for follow talk since all this month. I hav been reminded that i want to deactivate my accout soon. Some people dey here way be say dew get many accounts. Some account they will claim to be female, another they will claim to be male, another den be amafrodite, another dem be gay, another dem be atheist...i tire o.
You no see the source?
Did I ever claim writing it, Uncle?
As for my dp - I can use any thing I want...even my grand father's pic if I feel like. tongue
Re: Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I copied it from Miz.mycoli's blog.
Thanks on her behalf smiley
Hope you learnt something undecided'

jauntty please elucidate on your post.
Are you trying to say you're one of those men that intentionally make things difficult for their partner?

Thanks babe.
Hope ure good? wink

You no see the source?
Did I ever claim writing it, Uncle?
As for my dp - I can use any thing I want...even my grand father's pic if I feel like. tongue

Na e i talk my bro ho sorry my sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, What Is The Greatest Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You? / Man Fakes Police Arrest To Propose To His Girlfriend, In Ughelli, Delta State / Masturbation Is Killing Me Slowly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.