Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka (9068 Views)

Buhari Didn't Order Sale Of Any Presidential Jet - Garba Shehu / What Is The Best For Nigeria: Presidential Or Parliamentary System Of Government / APGA Never Endorsed Buhari, Maintains Strong Alliance With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
http://www.thecable.ng/never-endorsed-presidential-governorship-candidate-says-soyinka

Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, says he does not have any preferred candidate, whether presidential or gubernatorial, for next month’s general election.

The literary giant expressed displeasure with the attempt to circulate some of his previous writings under the pretext that they represent his current position on issues in the country.

In recent times, articles of Soyinka on some controversial issues have been in circulation, particularly on social media.

But in an open letter titled ‘Identity Thieves And The 2015 Election Peace Accord’, Kongi, as he is fondly called, accused those behind such act of attempting to mislead the public.

“I have never made a statement endorsing any presidential or governorship contestant,” he wrote.

“All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried.Whenever I choose to declare support for a candidate – as is my electoral right – I shall ensure that I deploy a medium that places my authorship beyond dispute.

“Internet habitues, social network etc are urged to be less gullible, and avoid becoming cheap conduits for the deception industry!”

Lauding the initiative of making presidential candidates in the forthcoming election to reach the agreement on shunning violence, Soyinka expressed the desire that the poll turns out a success.

But the social critic had some reservations about certain areas that were not addressed.

“It is a positive step in the direction of democracy, for which I must commend the efforts of those seasoned interventionists, Emeka Anyaoku and Kofi Annan,” he wrote.

“Adhered to with goodwill and sincerity, it should ensure a wholesome space for future elections, and preempt further violence.

It might even come close to what the democratic ideal should be, as canvassed by others, including Governor Fashola a few years ago – a people’s fiests!

“From personal interest however, I was disappointed that the communiqué makes no reference to the violence done to members of the electorate whose identities are stolen, abused and debased during this exercise.

“It is rapidly becoming commonplace to encounter totally fictitious statements, even entire interviews published and attributed to unsuspecting authorship. This criminal proceeding has even involved the cloning of media mastheads to which non-existent interviews are then attached. To render it in local parlance, this is political 419, and of the most despicable brand.

“While it would be unjust to place direct responsibility on the contestants, one must stress that they also have a moral responsibility to denounce these dirty tricksters in the strongest terms, even in their own interest.

“The resentment inspired in victims of such cowardly conduct cannot but impact on their own political image. The media must also protect itself by taking necessary measures against such unprincipled confusionists. It is the democratic right of every citizen to know exactly who is saying what on issues that affect their political choices.

“I join General Abdulsalami and others in hoping that 2015 proves a live-and-learn election year, not a do-or-die!”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by temitemi1(m): 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
Then I say GEJ till 2019!!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by dre11(m): 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
temitemi1:

Welcome back GEJ robot
I hope you have being well mobilised from the campaign fundsgrin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
SOYINKA.....

PLEASE STAY CALM...

AND CREATE MORE POEM FOR US ABEG

2 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Truth24(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
temitemi1:
And I concur

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by MansaMoussa: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
Aparo in View!
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by amakaobiemeka: 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
temitemi1:
just think about ur life for a minute, politics aside. U are always on every thread copying and pasting this, are u not suppose to be a student, father or worker dont you have something that occupies u for atleast 30minutes even though u dont have a job. This is a new year be creative, even though u got rice or salt for this job would it last you for 4 years. I dont think u have anybody that is in presidency, if u did u wouldnt have had time when u would have been outside the country. Ur gej has been in govt for 6yrs if he had done something 4 u. You would have been busy with that job at office and not have time 4 this. Your case is quite pathetic

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
temitemi1:
I SALUTE YOUR STUPIDITY...you are a disgrace to common sense..grin......anyways common sense is not always common

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by dguyindcorner(m): 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
Another PDP lies busted!

10 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
who needs Wole's endorsement to win election in Nigeria? nawa o! everbody is just busy forming IMPORTANT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by chamboy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
Tandriods

3 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Alphaoscar: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
Sharp nail on Tanoids coffin from the Erudite Prof!!!

Bye bye to PinDiPi ooooo, bye bye to jargons.

7 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Alphaoscar: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
To the Tandroids

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by demelza: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
temitemi1:
Oga where is tit?
I prefer that female robot, just saying.

13 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by sexaddict08(m): 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
yeah....Wise man, he doesnt want to endorse and in the end the candidate becomes a failure. Since most Politicians seems to be a failure in the end..

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nutase: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Babyboy1986(m): 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ok
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by philips70(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
dre11:

Welcome back GEJ robot
I hope you have being well mobilised from the campaign fundsgrin

They don't mobilize robots. They are just programmed against their wish. It's a sad world.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by waternogetemeny: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
APC/BUHARI, tell ur Northerner boyz to go to school or find a trade and stop blaming GEJ for ur boko haram nonsense.

No to power returning to the north

No to born to rule.

No to making government a Northern Industry

No to regressive Nigeria.

Vote GEJ till 2019, forward ever, backward never.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by debo07(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
And he compared GEJ with King Nebuchadnezer...lols....I no fit shout o.but lemme just do dis ....SAI BUHARI!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by mrborntodoit: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Too many contradicting news on the media, From the 1999 elections until 2011 elections, we heard sane news from sane media platforms but since the acn,cpc and anpp merged, the media houses have been sabotaged .

Northerners have been mostly in power, ruling us since 1960, we never complained. Obasanjo gave back power to the north ,still we
never complained.
Goodluck accidently becomes the President, they started throwing bombs and killing people,all for power!

competent or not, Goodluck will be our president again!

Nigerians be wise, APC is not the change we need come February 2015.

Vote continuity, vote Gej!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by UltimatePals: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ok
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Who did he endorse in 2011 and how did the person perform
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Catch 22 for Kongi. Hates Buhari and probably hates GEJ's abysmal performance even more.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Lilaex: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ok
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Daniel058(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
"i will stabilize the world oil price" grin grin grin Sai GEJ BUHARI
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Calculia: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
waternogetemeny:
APC/BUHARI, tell ur Northerner boyz to go to school or find a trade and stop blaming GEJ for ur boko haram nonsense.

No to power returning to the north

No to born to rule.

No to making government a Northern Industry

No to regressive Nigeria.

Vote GEJ till 2019

Word!
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by 4Play(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
I know this story has been posted to the front page with certain intentions but Soyinka's non-endorsement is a damning indictment of both GEJ and Buhari as it illustrates the unattractiveness of both candidates. It's like choosing between cow and horse poo.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Gej for president.... endorsed by 160million Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by obibankz(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
GEJ till buhari stabilize world oil price, stinky illiterate want to rule our great country, endorse or no endorse Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by uken73(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger State (northerners) Looking For Oil To Avoid Been Called Parasite / Reps To Probe N20 Trillion ‘non-remitted’ Stamp Duty / (Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.