Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

What Is The Best For Nigeria: Presidential Or Parliamentary System Of Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Best For Nigeria: Presidential Or Parliamentary System Of Government (1460 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Ban Ki-moon Reacts To Nigeria’s Presidential Election / I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best For Nigeria: Presidential Or Parliamentary System Of Government by kayus9ja(m): 12:42am On Apr 18, 2015
I was taught government in my secondary school days & when the parliamentary system of govt is compared to d Presidential system, one of d edges d former has on d latter is dat it is very cheap.
Note: In a parliamentary system, the hard of state is different from the head of govt(Nigeria practiced this between 1960 &1966 when the military stuck). while the presidential system is a form of govt where the executive power is vested in one person being the head of state & govt @d same time(as it is today)
what's ur take?
Re: What Is The Best For Nigeria: Presidential Or Parliamentary System Of Government by hamrad(m): 1:00am On Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria is an heterogeneous country (where there are many tribe and languages) which make it to be a good reason to be a parliamentary country. Also parliamentary system is very cheap to run than presidential because in parliamentary system of government there will be no minister for state one or two as we have it now. I look forward to the day Nigeria will change her system. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Massive Booking Of Int'l Flights Ahead Of May 29th. / Pictures From Inauguration Thanksgiving Of Nyesom Wike / The SGF Hitherto Reserved For The South-east May Now Go To Another Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.