Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka (9084 Views)

Buhari Didn't Order Sale Of Any Presidential Jet - Garba Shehu / What Is The Best For Nigeria: Presidential Or Parliamentary System Of Government / APGA Never Endorsed Buhari, Maintains Strong Alliance With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
“It is rapidly becoming commonplace to encounter totally fictitious statements, even entire interviews published and attributed to unsuspecting authorship. This criminal proceeding has even involved the cloning of media mastheads to which non-existent interviews are then attached. To render it in local parlance, this is political 419, and of the most despicable brand.
PDP paid journalists are culprit here.

@ Main Issue: The PDP and their deceptive followers should stop misleading the public on Soyinka's endorsement
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Trailblazer1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
Who needs an ordinary mans endorsement to become King.

I prefer Gods endorsement to mans endorsement

*God is the only Kingmaker*
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by waternogetemeny: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
Calculia:

Word!

Abi no be Northerners dey attack kill people since for North?

Decades of Northern mis-rule is to blame. GEJ had to come and build School in the North whilst all their Northern President sent their children to school abroad.
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
4Play:
I know this story has been posted to the front page with certain intentions but Soyinka's non-endorsement is a damning indictment of both GEJ and Buhari as it illustrates the unattractiveness of both candidates. It's like choosing between cow and horse poo.

Soyinka's words are not what they used to be
He has become partisan and trying hard not to sound so
He had some strong words for Buhari in 2007 but his son is now a commissioner in APC and he is eating from Amaechi
He has to appear neutral
Is he now running away from his own writings or his truth is now changing?

The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Buhari – need one remind anyone - was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry.

Wole Soyinka

http://saharareporters.com/2007/01/14/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by snowprince59(m): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
Editor1:
http://www.thecable.ng/never-endorsed-presidential-governorship-candidate-says-soyinka
I strongly see a better nigeria under GEJ second tenure.
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by JustCare: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
but I'm sad today
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by waternogetemeny: 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Anybody that support the return of Northern rule to this country, must be married to failure.

Under GEJ, we have experienced the Agriculture revolution, Railway Revolution(Transport Revival) even Civil Right Revolution.

How many people have been killed so far for having an opinion under GEJ? None!

Let us keep moving forward Nigeria and never look back.

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by angelcj: 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
You guys have been ruling us since 1960, we
never complained. Obasanjo gave back the power to you guys, we
never complained. Goodluck accidently becomes the President, you
guys started throwing bomb and killing people. You guys are just bunch of clowns! Illiterates! Whether competent or not, Goodluck will be our
president again! You guys can go and bomb the whole North if he
wins, thats none of my fucking business!
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by ProfessorPP(m): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nigerians citizen abroad are lobbying 4 hw & whom 2 endorse 4 change & a better NIGERIA. & U re here telling us U re on no one side. Change b4 it's late.
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
Watching GEJ trying hard to campaign without attack at Abakaliki, but he is taking like someone seeking the position for the first time. Guy wake up, you've been woefully on the job for 6 years

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by 4Play(m): 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
Babymama1:

Soyinka's words are not what they used to be
He has become partisan and trying hard not to sound so
He had some strong words for Buhari in 2007 but his son is now a commissioner in APC and he is eating from Amaechi
He has to appear neutral

There is some truth to this, he's had strong words against Buhari at a time he wasn't contemplating that Buhari would be the presidential candidate for his son's party and he's had strong words against GEJ when he wasn't contemplating the choice of GEJ vs Buhari, the latter whom he had condemned already.

For him, the best way to reconcile these conflicting tensions is not to endorse either. However, I would have thought the best thing to do is to do is to endorse Buhari as the lesser of 2 evils and given his son's APC interests.

I don't think Nigerians care about consistency anyway as most Nigerians are young and do not have a keen sense of history. He can explain away his endorsement of Buhari as reflecting the new realities plaguing the nation.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Xhammy: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
obibankz:
GEJ till buhari stabilize world oil price, stinky illiterate want to rule our great country, endorse or no endorse Gej till 2019

I swear you mumu sha,......
what have you benefited from the incumbent president that is not an illiterate, you better wise up, all the same we just need change #SaiBuhari till some mugus get brain

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by tolexy007(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
just think about ur life for a minute, politics aside. U are always on every thread copying and pasting this, are u not suppose to be a student, father or worker dont you have something that occupies u for atleast 30minutes even though u dont have a job. This is a new year be creative, even though u got rice or salt for this job would it last you for 4 years. I dont think u have anybody that is in presidency, if u did u wouldnt have had time when u would have been outside the country. Ur gej has been in govt for 6yrs if he had done something 4 u. You would have been busy with that job at office and not have time 4 this. Your case is quite pathetic
i tink u too should tink about ur life, how did u know dat someone is always on every thread? if u too have nt being on every thread following comment of others, dat shows how jobless u are...i wonder wen ur brain will started working. dis is 2015 get someting doing
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by braine(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
just think about ur life for a minute, politics aside. U are always on every thread copying and pasting this, are u not suppose to be a student, father or worker dont you have something that occupies u for atleast 30minutes even though u dont have a job. This is a new year be creative, even though u got rice or salt for this job would it last you for 4 years. I dont think u have anybody that is in presidency, if u did u wouldnt have had time when u would have been outside the country. Ur gej has been in govt for 6yrs if he had done something 4 u. You would have been busy with that job at office and not have time 4 this. Your case is quite pathetic
This is deep.

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by KwoiZabo(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
Why can't you tell this thrash to the hundreds APC hired to click like up and down for any Pro - APC post like (even if Buhari present NEPA bill he has my vote - 334likes) shameless APC[s]
amakaobiemeka:
Why can't you tell this thrash to the hundreds APC hired to click like up and down for any Pro - APC post like (even if Buhari present NEPA bill he has my vote - 334likes) shameless APC[/s]
amakaobiemeka:
Why can't you tell this thrash to the hundreds APC hired to click like up and down for any Pro - APC post like (even if Buhari present NEPA bill he has my vote - 334likes) shameless APC
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Xxpress(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
The guy offended you before?
But truly, u are right. grin
amakaobiemeka:
The guy offended you before?
But truly, u are right.
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by 2tek: 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Six REASONS TO VOTE GEJ

1) Consolidate on the agricultural policy - If all we can achieve in the next 4 years is feed ourselves alone without significant import, it would be equivalent to 31 trillion naira per annum assuming 500 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days. That is a massive market with mighty potentials for wealth to average Nigerians and significant employment.

2) Sustain the automobile policies - With five car assembly plants nearing completion as at Dec 2014 and another 10 targeting completion by Dec 2015. We can commence and sustain car assembly. By 2017, the car manufacturers will commence manufacturing of the spare parts in-country. and with the re-invigoration within the power sector and ajaokuta steel plant, this industry will be the soul of manufacturing in the whole of Africa. Nigeria will become a car export country for the region in the next 5 to 6 years

3) Ensure continuity on power roadmap en-route constant power - Nigeria is few years to constant power, with lots of power plants nearing completion already, the ongoing gas assembly plant in Delta state, the ongoing investment by the private investors and the bids in hand for foreign competitors that will be introduced in 2016 .... we cannot afford to distort any of these ongoing plans. The story about constant power will soon be history

4) Ensure true democracy is further entrenched into our society. 4 more years of freedom of speech/ information and free/ fair elections will deepen our democracy for better years. Autocracy, intimidation, press bondage and unfair elections will be alien to us come 2019. And any government afterwards can only continue or better the process because the foundations would have fully solidified

5) Ensure that our infrastructures get the desired attention including our roads, railways, airports etc and sustained for the long term. Ensure that the oil and gas sector is deregulated through removal of subsidy to allow private sector participation with the consequent emergence of numerous refineries and petrochemical industries. Continue set up of the right institutions to fight corruption like the e-wallet system for fertilizer scam, biometric registration for ghost workers scam, pension reforms for pension scam etc.

6) Ensure that our northern brethren get some education through a sustained alamajiri education system. This will further make them productive and less vulnerable to violence and destruction

SEVEN REASONS I WILL NOT VOTE BUHARI

1) It will be a blow on our democracy that we distort a pleasant Nigeria future for a man who ended our nascent democracy 30 years ago

2) The name Buhari is globally associated with Dog, baboon, blood, sharia crusade, death, anarchy, coup plotting, tribal high handedness etc and this cannot be the best fit for Nigeria in 2015

3) The man Buhari has not shown any plan for Nigeria, so far its been a campaign of paying 5000 naira to 25 million Nigerians which is totally laidback and unsustainable. Stabilizing crude oil prices by buhari as promised is also not possible. Feeding the school children is not sustainable and not what Nigeria needs at the moment..... No concrete plans for the Nigeria future

4) Unfortunately, a man that has Obj, Atiku, tinubu, Amaechi etc who have wrecked the Nigerian society as his support base cannot mean change in 2015. He cannot jail the hands that fed him meaning jailing by Buhari can only be sectional and based on favouritism. Buhari is also not open to setting up the right systems and institutions to make corruption in the various sectors almost impossible.

5) It will be a disgrace to Nigeria that a 72 year old retired general who showed open disdain to the Nigeria army for fighting Bokoharam and threw his weight behind bokoharam (http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/) will be the president of Nigeria where other nations are joining forces to fight terrorism all over the world

6) How can we have a president whose educational qualification is in contention in 2015? Would it have been easier and better if the requested certification is shown to the electorate?. Even if the certificate exists, calling the bluff of the electorate for whom you beg for their votes is the height of insensitivity on the part of the general at this time.... much more when he is power

7) In this period of Nigerian growth, we cannot go for uncertainties. Though I do not consider this a political point, but a reaction to a Buhari's presidency in the SS through resumed militancy will pull all our growths to a halt and the economic suffering will be unprecedented. Four more years under GEJ will ensure complete diversification of the economy through agriculture, automobile and oil&gas downstream after which an uprising in the SS will have minimal impact to the country's economy

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Editor1:
http://www.thecable.ng/never-endorsed-presidential-governorship-candidate-says-soyinka

Can't believe this...Just less than a month on Nairaland and I made FP. I told my enemies to watch out for me. Am certainly going places.

Seun don't envy me oo
***dancing shokii with a bottle of Goko clenaser in hand*** grin
Editor1:

Can't believe this...Just less than a month on Nairaland and I made FP. I told my enemies to watch out for me. Am certainly going places.

Seun don't envy me oo
***dancing shokii with a bottle of Goko clenaser in hand***
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by amakaobiemeka: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
tolexy007:

i tink u too should tink about ur life, how did u know dat someone is always on every thread? if u too have nt being on every thread following comment of others, dat shows how jobless u are...i wonder wen ur brain will started working. dis is 2015 get someting doing
i always just log in at my spare time and simply check nairaland frontpage to see whats trending, that guy is always on every of the trend
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by boujaye: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:

why will you insult Temi's person, because he choose to support GEJ? you APC e-rat think you can put gun on somebody's head to vote your blind and ignoramus candidate? never in our wildest dream will we vote buhari, he is never the change Nigeria needs, he must return to Daura after February, Some donkeys and camels are already lined up to fetch him to Daura

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by gen2briz(m): 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
TAN's sey una don see your life ba .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Orikinla(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Then I say GEJ till 2019!!!
[size=18pt]GEJ and his legions of PDP AND TAN LIARS have been misleading the public with Prof. Wole Soyinka's past statements.
EVIL AND DESPERATE PEOPLE.[/size]

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Orikinla(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
2tek:
Six REASONS TO VOTE GEJ

1) Consolidate on the agricultural policy - If all we can achieve in the next 4 years is feed ourselves alone without significant import, it would be equivalent to 31 trillion naira per annum assuming 500 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days. That is a massive market with mighty potentials for wealth to average Nigerians and significant employment.

2) Sustain the automobile policies - With five car assembly plants nearing completion as at Dec 2014 and another 10 targeting completion by Dec 2015. We can commence and sustain car assembly. By 2017, the car manufacturers will commence manufacturing of the spare parts in-country. and with the re-invigoration within the power sector and ajaokuta steel plant, this industry will be the soul of manufacturing in the whole of Africa. Nigeria will become a car export country for the region in the next 5 to 6 years

3) Ensure continuity on power roadmap en-route constant power - Nigeria is few years to constant power, with lots of power plants nearing completion already, the ongoing gas assembly plant in Delta state, the ongoing investment by the private investors and the bids in hand for foreign competitors that will be introduced in 2016 .... we cannot afford to distort any of these ongoing plans. The story about constant power will soon be history

4) Ensure true democracy is further entrenched into our society. 4 more years of freedom of speech/ information and free/ fair elections will deepen our democracy for better years. Autocracy, intimidation, press bondage and unfair elections will be alien to us come 2019. And any government afterwards can only continue or better the process because the foundations would have fully solidified

5) Ensure that our infrastructures get the desired attention including our roads, railways, airports etc and sustained for the long term. Ensure that the oil and gas sector is deregulated through removal of subsidy to allow private sector participation with the consequent emergence of numerous refineries and petrochemical industries. Continue set up of the right institutions to fight corruption like the e-wallet system for fertilizer scam, biometric registration for ghost workers scam, pension reforms for pension scam etc.

6) Ensure that our northern brethren get some education through a sustained alamajiri education system. This will further make them productive and less vulnerable to violence and destruction

SEVEN REASONS I WILL NOT VOTE BUHARI

1) It will be a blow on our democracy that we distort a pleasant Nigeria future for a man who ended our nascent democracy 30 years ago

2) The name Buhari is globally associated with Dog, baboon, blood, sharia crusade, death, anarchy, coup plotting, tribal high handedness etc and this cannot be the best fit for Nigeria in 2015

3) The man Buhari has not shown any plan for Nigeria, so far its been a campaign of paying 5000 naira to 25 million Nigerians which is totally laidback and unsustainable. Stabilizing crude oil prices by buhari as promised is also not possible. Feeding the school children is not sustainable and not what Nigeria needs at the moment..... No concrete plans for the Nigeria future

4) Unfortunately, a man that has Obj, Atiku, tinubu, Amaechi etc who have wrecked the Nigerian society as his support base cannot mean change in 2015. He cannot jail the hands that fed him meaning jailing by Buhari can only be sectional and based on favouritism. Buhari is also not open to setting up the right systems and institutions to make corruption in the various sectors almost impossible.

5) It will be a disgrace to Nigeria that a 72 year old retired general who showed open disdain to the Nigeria army for fighting Bokoharam and threw his weight behind bokoharam (http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/) will be the president of Nigeria where other nations are joining forces to fight terrorism all over the world

6) How can we have a president whose educational qualification is in contention in 2015? Would it have been easier and better if the requested certification is shown to the electorate?. Even if the certificate exists, calling the bluff of the electorate for whom you beg for their votes is the height of insensitivity on the part of the general at this time.... much more when he is power

7) In this period of Nigerian growth, we cannot go for uncertainties. Though I do not consider this a political point, but a reaction to a Buhari's presidency in the SS through resumed militancy will pull all our growths to a halt and the economic suffering will be unprecedented. Four more years under GEJ will ensure complete diversification of the economy through agriculture, automobile and oil&gas downstream after which an uprising in the SS will have minimal impact to the country's economy
ANOTHER GEJ'S ID-IOT.
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by BokoHaramm: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nobody in his right senses can say GEJ has been the best of presidents just as nobody in his right senses can say GMB is a better option. Calling me a NIGERIAN is enough insult....adding GMB as my president is like adding "FOOLISH" to the "NIGERIAN". If GMB is a patriot he would have relaxed like OBJ seems to be doing. Amaechi, Fashola, Rochas are all able-bodied and capable men! The mantle of leadership is passed on and not retained! No one owns this nation, its OUR NIGERIA not YOUR NIGERIA.
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by notoriousbabe: 4:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
Jonathan Second term Ambition And A Schoolgirl’s Diary.

YOU DONT NEED TO BE A GRADUATE TO KNOW THAT;
*Am not going to vote for someone who once had
no shoes and school bags as a student but now has lots of shoes and bags but made students go on strike for about Eight (cool months.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for someone who could not rescue about 230 school girls but still has plan to rule a country of about 200million
people.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for a grown up man who took advice from a 17year old girl
(pakistan little girl) before he could make his own decision.
*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a black commander of Army who brought white marine soldiers to do his job for him and still yet nothing
was done.
*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a government who could not provide job for my elder sister who has a Master Degree.
*NEVER, am not going to vote for a man that Boko Haram are killing his own people everyday
and has no plan on how to stop the killing but can’t wait a minute when military took over
power in Burkina Faso, he went there to stop the killing over there in Burkina Faso but could not stop the killing in his country.
*Finally am not going to vote for anybody who needs One Billion American Dollar to solve an Insurgency (Boko Haram) while the ordinary man on the street no even get (#100) hundred naira to eat. You can scold me for speaking the truth, dont forget the truth is bitter. All we need is CHANGE
and nothing else…. Please we all need to get our (PVC) Permanent Voters Card to vote this Clueless, Visionless and Wicked Government of
Goodluck Ebola Jonathan (GEJ) out power. Another four years of Jonathan will be doom for us.
Please dont sell your vote cause the money they will offer you can not sustain you for another four years. We should all stand up and say Capital NO to Jonathan.
GOODBY GOODLUCK.
Please Share Widely
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by HoluwadareY(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
and how do u know he's been in every thread if u av not being there yourself sir? Just saying(no string attached)
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Badgers14: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Every one needs attention this days. grin grin
Me too I have not endorsed any presidential candidate angry

1 Like

Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by ifypedro38(m): 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes because your endorsment means nothing , God have the final endorsement for He is the Alpha and Omega !!! We Nigerians will make it happen again, Anyone who is planning in anyway to cause troubles that will lead to blood sheds will never live so see the Sunshine before and after 14th of Feb 2015 Election , Vivo Nigeriansssssssssssssss
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Badgers14:
Every one needs attention this days. grin grin
Me too I have not endorsed any presidential candidate angry

Abi o
Re: I Never Endorsed Any Presidential Or Governorship Candidate - Soyinka by Nicepoker(m): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
Who needs wole in this issue. A man who can't manage his matrimonial home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Killed Mom In Ogun State yesterday Is Igbo / CCTV Videos Of Soldiers At Nnamdi Kanu's Residence Packing His Belongings / Edwin Clark: "We Must Show Respect To Our Leaders" - Gov Udom Emmanuel Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.