Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie (2859 Views)

2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili / Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie Read Fu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by angelawoko(m): 7:45am On Jan 16, 2015
A former Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Okogie, has said the government of President Goodluck Jonathan is clueless and that the country was in dire need rescue from what he said is the “imminent brink of irredeemable destruction.” Okogie disclosed this while speaking in Lagos at the 11th edition of the Gani Fawehinmi Annual Lecture/Symposium, where he was the chairman of the occasion. He urged Nigerians to face the reality and elect only persons “who know what to do,” adding that a lot needs to be done to sensitize voters not to vote for leaders based on ethnic or religious affiliations. Okogie also blasted the Jonathan-led government over the rising level of insecurity and economic woes in the country. He said, “There is extra urgency to rescue Nigeria. This is the time when every right thinking Nigerian must pray to hate the present situation strong enough so as to desire the fortitude to act right. “This time does not allow for indifference. All must rise to save Nigeria from the brink of irredeemable destruction. This is the time we must play politics of the best, for the best position, in order to guarantee the best for our nation.

“Let only those with the fear of God and love of their neighbours rule Nigeria; only those who know what to do should sit at the helm of affairs. Enough of mediocrity, enough of failures, enough of nepotism, and enough of ethnicity.” Okogie also described the late Fawehinmi as a courageous, principled, selfless and a detribalised statesman. He said, “It is said that Gani Fawehinmi died a sad man. For a man who was fearless in speaking his mind without caring whose ox is gored, he was jailed many times and detained many more times for no personal crime but for his struggle to ensure justice, fairness and good governance in the country, dying without seeing signs that the new dispensation he struggled for will be achieved is a devastating blow. “Now in death, the knowledge that Nigeria has deteriorated so badly since his passing away must be giving Gani sleeplessness.” He added that if Fawehinmi were to be alive, he would have been worried over the present state of the nation “which is riddled with lies, deception, incompetence, mediocrity, hopelessness, lawlessness and lack of vision.”

Source: http://www.today.ng/news/jonathans-government-is-clueless-nigeria-needs-urgent-change-okogie/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2015
No matter what the Arch bishop says now, he can't talk more than rev Mbaka..

We know you people...you can do anything for food..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by size38: 8:05am On Jan 16, 2015
Everybody seeing that GEJ is incompetent. Even cardinal Okogie too?

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by colossus2: 8:09am On Jan 16, 2015
only those who know what to do should sit at the helm of affairs. Enough of mediocrity, enough of failures, enough of nepotism, and enough of ethnicity
CHANGE!!!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by TRILLIONIAR: 8:09am On Jan 16, 2015
Jonathan promises to provide 2 million jobs every year if re-elected. To get more jokes
from him, text JONATHAN to
419. N100/Week

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:11am On Jan 16, 2015
DDeliverer:
No matter what the Arch bishop says now, he can't talk more than rev Mbaka..

We know you people...you can do anything for food..

Well, you can call it whatever you like.. We need Change

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2015
TRILLIONIAR:
Jonathan promises to provide 2 million jobs every year if re-elected. To get more jokes
from him, text JONATHAN to
419. N100/Week
Can I subscribe for MTN too?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2015
olaboy001:

Well, you can call it whatever you like.. We need Change

What do you want to change to?? Who are the agents of these Change?? When they were in power what did they do?? Why are all their words soaked in blood??

My brother, don't join these I'diots o.

#OurGEJ...One good term deserves another.
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by clevvermind(m): 8:24am On Jan 16, 2015
change in buhari? a semi illiterate?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by lionness(f): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2015
Lol. Now, pastors are the one telling us what to think.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:27am On Jan 16, 2015
Abeg who is okogie...GEJ til 2019
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2015
DDeliverer:

What do you want to change to?? Who are the agents of these Change?? When they were in power what did they do?? Why are all their words soaked in blood??

My brother, don't join these I'diots o.

#OurGEJ...One good term deserves another.

What are you talking about?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 16, 2015
smiley.wink

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by BlackTechnology: 8:32am On Jan 16, 2015
Only an ignoranmus will pin his hope on Buhari

Nigerian graduates think

A man can't give a service whose skill he doesnt have

Buhari earns N23mil every month but could not use it to empower financially/business wise the people of Daura. Why then do you guys think he with the resources of FG at his disposal, he will financially/business wise empower your lives

Nigerian graduates wise up. cool

Omenka put politics aside and think wink
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2015
olaboy001:
[/b]
What are you talking about?

Really??
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by theV0ice: 8:35am On Jan 16, 2015
time for the goons to turn on Okogie

they'll conveniently forget that they celebrated okogie when he castigated Fr Mbaka for his message.

I told one that Okogie wasn't against the message of Fr Mbaka but wasn't happy that he said it during a church service. whether God spoke to Mbaka isn't the issue but the fact that the man spoke the truth. Okogie wasn't cowed from speaking the truth to IBB, Abacha or OBJ. is it gej he'll be afraid of? or TAN goons think he'll also fall into the ''na our brother'' rubbish?

those criticizing the men of God who have spoken out should go back to what they said when they saw the picture below in 2011. GEJ started it and he should live with it.

He's even lucky that Okogie didn't think of putting it on CD. Na that one for blow pass cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Sanchez01: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by omenka(m): 8:38am On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Nigerian graduates think

Buhari earns N23mil every month but could not use it to empower financially/business wise the people of Daura. Why then do you guys think he with the resources of FG at his disposal, he will financially/business wise empower your lives

k

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:39am On Jan 16, 2015
DDeliverer:

Really??
Yeah, because there is nothing GEJ has done for the past 6years that worth re-electing for?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Sanchez01: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Nigerian graduates think

Jonathan had six years on his wrist watch and messed it all up. Could you please tell me how on God's earth Jonathan has added values to the lives of Nigerian graduates?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by donphilopus: 8:43am On Jan 16, 2015
They've started attacking the Archbishop Emeritus as usual. Anyone who attacks/criticises the Presidency now is paid by the Opposition to do so. Hypocrisy.

Only in Nigeria:

David Cameron to Critics: "You are right. We know we haven't done enough. We can do better & we're working to do better."

Barack Obama to Critics: "We are listening & we will continue to do better to improve the American nation."

Goodluck Jonathan to Critics: "The problems were there before I came. I will reveal what the past presidents did."

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by BlackTechnology: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2015
Sanchez01:

Jonathan had six years on his wrist watch and messed it all up. Could you please tell me how on God's earth Jonathan has added values to the lives of Nigerian graduates?

If GEJ failed , Buhari is another failure to be

Imagine a man who couldn't use his N23mil monthly pension to create more wealth for Daura people, is now clamouring for presidency

My brother, we Nigerian graduates don enter one chance. cool
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:46am On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Imagine a man who couldn't use his N23mil monthly pension to create more wealth for Daura people, is now clamouring for presidency

Please use your brain to think not your anus..

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by BlackTechnology: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2015
olaboy001:

Please use your brain to think not your anus..

Did you mother breastfeed you with cow milk.?

You did not even present a nice defence or support, but just resorted to insult

Many are mad but few are roaming angry
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:51am On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Did you mother breastfeed you with cow milk.?

You did not even present a nice defence or support, but just resorted to insult

Many are mad few are roaming angry
Does that mean I bring out the madness in you?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by BlackTechnology: 8:54am On Jan 16, 2015
olaboy001:

Does that mean I bring out the madness in you?

Sorry sir,

I forgot you are a boy as shown by your moniker.

Have you passed your Jamb

School leaver. grin
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 16, 2015
Good to know,,we need change in nigeria.
#buhari till 2019

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by olaboy001(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Sorry sir,

I forgot you are a boy as shown by your moniker.

Have you passed your Jamb

School leaver. grin
Please adopt your new name.. "The Dumb Boy"

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by gen2briz(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2015
We'll find the Chibok girls with modern technology, just re-elect me

#GMB till TAN's get better jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Dannyset(m): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2015
He has been bought by APC - TANoids
Everything is against Jonathan. Am just surprised many are blinded by their cluelessness.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2015
olaboy001:

Yeah, because there is nothing GEJ has done for the past 6years that worth re-electing for?

First and Foremost it is 5years and not 6years.

Secondly,When i say i support GEJ, it's not because i want people to believe that he's scored 100% on every index. Rather, he has the qualities of a good student who's constantly striving to better his previous records.

My personal assessment is that he scored 40-45% in 100Level, improved to 50-55% in 200Level, achieved about 60-65% in 300Level; now in his final year, he's aiming at 70-80% in spite of cultists/terrorists that are doing everything possible to burn his scripts in the exam hall!

It's trite knowledge that a student with a cumulative GPA of about 60% will be awarded a Second Class (Upper Division) degree.

When you say 'there is nothing he's done'...then you hide the truth.
Re: Jonathan’s Government Is Clueless, Nigeria Needs Urgent Change – Okogie by Sanchez01: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I beg to disagree. I have always learnt one thing which can never been unlearnt, and that is the fact people should not be underestimated irrespective of background, religion, and most importantly, educational background. Some times, those whom we think are not up to the task end up beyond our expectations.

In the six years of Jonathan's reign, I got admitted into one of the most reputable Federal universities in the country and I'd gladly tell you I went through hell to scale through. And all that happened under a man who had some so-callled 'PhD' in Cassava Studies. Jonathan has nothing to prove as far as the country is concerned. And the most annoying thing is the fact that his so-called campaign grounds have become comedy/assault grounds.

I'd rather give my vote to a man who loathes corruption for the sake of my future and that of my unborn kids than dish it out to a man who believes stealing is not corruption.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Was Last Seen In Public 8 Days Ago!! / Buhari Wins Presidential Election In Adamawa / Why Saraki Shouldn't Be Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.