Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Would You Fight For Your Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Fight For Your Man? (2211 Views)

Can You Fight Your Husband's Girlfriend? / Watch How Jamaican Women Fight For Man And Exposed Their Breasts / How Do You Like Your Man's Body? What Do You Like In A Woman's Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2015

It has been shown time and again that the male psychology is driven by a "massive" ego. And, as Africans, we're not particularly expressive when it comes to love and romance, males and females alike. Even though this attribute or lack of it is is mostly visible in men, our ladies harbour a fair dose of it. I recall one of Basket Mouth’s jokes where he said that for an African father, when he walks his son/daughter to school in the morning, he watches him/her saunter towards their friends as soon as they arrive to school. Often, he would say “take care, you hear? Look before you cross the road, you hear?” He utters those words while holding his ear in an effort to underline the importance of his advice. According to Basket Mouth, those words mean, “I love you.I care about you. I would not want anything to happen to you. You mean the world to me,” but they are phrased differently, and I wonder why?
It is not uncommon for a Naija babe to shy away from being genuinely expressive with her man.
It seems that an average Naija girl tends to think her man has to place his neck on the chop board before he hears her say, “I love you honey.” “You mean the world to me.” “You are the rock of my life.” “The look in your eyes make my world beautiful,” and so on. That she does not say it does not mean she does not feel it, I have to point out. They feel its so "white", and doesn't matter.

There appears to be an unspoken rule in place that men do not need such soul-enriching and mind-edifying words of love. “No, they are macho, they can handle anything.” Men themselves tend to send the message that they are capable of lifting the earth and placing it on their shoulders with one arm. Friends may consider them too soft should they admit that they want, expect, need and crave such lines from their wives or girlfriends. They need more attention than they're given.

Now my question or questions:
"Would you fight for your man?" “What does fighting for your man mean to you as a woman?” If it is something you deem important, how best would you go about it?

This doesn't mean fighting in the real sense of it, its more about the things you do that can strengthen him and the bond you two share... The little things that matter......
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ouch... the question was directed to women.
Well I'm on the wrong thread then.

Okay. I'd stick around to read the intelligent answers. I haven't really read anything tangle by a woman on NL. Maybe this could be something...
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
Fight? Yes, I would.
If he is worth it, and I deem the relationship propitious... I would give it my best shot.

I could be very possessive/expressive with my friends/family and Loved one kiss.
I don't give up on them easily ; when I do - just know the person killed a part of me.

This doesn't in anyway make me desperate or whatever...I believe anything worth doing is worth doing well (love inclusive).

On how I would go 'bout it? I can't be specific. Different situations calls for different measures. Is he that kinda man that has the love somewhere in him...but just needs to be pushed. My hubby would say - some love are manual and some automatic...lols.

Some take their time to accelerate, some just happen. If his case is manual, amma help him accelerate - but if it (LOVE/LIKE...ATTRACTION...something/anything to work on or hold onto) is not there...
C'mon, that would be like sitting on a longgg thing!

3 Likes

Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
TrollMan:
Ouch... the question was directed to women.
Well I'm on the wrong thread then.

Okay. I'd stick around to read the intelligent answers. I haven't really read anything tangle by a woman on NL. Maybe this could be something...

Intelligent? Because it speaks for men?? cheesy
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by yemicoal(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Mathematical(f): 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
WHY NOT. I'LL FIGHT FOR HIM, BUH MY FIGHTING REQUIRE CERTAIN MEASURE..
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by remsonik(f): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes I would fight for him, not just for him but the love we share. I don't give up easily and for me to go into a relationship with someone I must be very sure I wanna do it. I fight it by showing enough commitment and care to it such that even if it fails then the blame won't be on me.
I don't just show it through my words I reaffirm it daily through my actions to him
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
BreezyRita:

Intelligent? Because it speaks for men?? cheesy

Yes. Women here tend to over react on topics concerning men. I don't know why. cheesy
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
TrollMan:

Yes. Women here tend to over react on topics concerning men. I don't know why. cheesy

Why?? Because they're women..... And I think it depends on what topic.
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
MsBreezy.
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
I am wary of ladies who go out of their way to fight for 'thier man'.

I would understand when the fight is for the husband but a bf?? Nah....

Who says the bf is even yours that you fight to keep him?

1 Like

Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by lilmax(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mathematical:
WHY NOT. I'LL FIGHT FOR HIM, BUH MY FIGHTING REQUIRE CERTAIN MEASURE..
and what's that? smiley
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 1:05am On Jan 17, 2015
striktlymi:
I am wary of ladies who go out of their way to fight for 'thier man'.

I would understand when the fight is for the husband but a bf?? Nah....

Who says the bf is even yours that you fight to keep him?
I didn't mean "go to war" for your boyfriend o. I mean going out to keep him happy... Doing the little things you feel are not important..
BTW, what's wrong with fighting for your man? Won't you like it you were fought over? cheesycheesy
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 1:07am On Jan 17, 2015
xcapizt:
MsBreezy.

There's someone with that moniker o. Don't mention her cheesy
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 17, 2015
BreezyRita:

I didn't mean "go to war" for your boyfriend o. I mean going out to keep him happy... Doing the little things you feel are not important..
BTW, what's wrong with fighting for your man? Won't you like it you were fought over? cheesycheesy

I would be very annoyed with any lady who fight's over me. Some guys appreciate it but not me.

A boyfriend or girlfriend is free to choose whom to be with until he or she is married. It is one of his or her inalienable rights.

Fighting over him or her would imply an attempt to deprive him or her of that right. This is not cool by any standards.

1 Like

Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 5:34am On Jan 17, 2015
striktlymi:

I would be very annoyed with any lady who fight's over me. Some guys appreciate it but not me.

A boyfriend or girlfriend is free to choose whom to be with until he or she is married. It is one of his or her inalienable rights.

Fighting over him or her would imply an attempt to deprive him or her of that right. This is not cool by any standards.

Of course, no one likes that.
I'm reiterating my stand again.
I was just kidding. I didn't mean fight as per say. I've never fought over a man and I'm not about to.
I'm talking about giving your relationship your best shot. Being able to look into his eyes and tell him its alright when the whole world screams its not..
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 17, 2015
BreezyRita:

Of course, no one likes that.
I'm reiterating my stand again.
I was just kidding. I didn't mean fight as per say. I've never fought over a man and I'm not about to.
I'm talking about giving your relationship your best shot. Being able to look into his eyes and tell him its alright when the whole world screams its not..

Okay, cool!
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 17, 2015
I CAN well well...my man is worth it,i wont tolerate any nonsense COs he can do the same for me too.
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
xcapizt:
MsBreezy.

Lol what kind of fight ?
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by BreezyRita(f): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2015
msbreezy:

Lol what kind of fight ?

Xcapizt, see what I said?? She just joined and got mentioned.
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by sexyglow(f): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Fight for a man I'm ain't married to?no way! Not worth it trust me.
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Medunah: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
No, sincerly, i cant
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
I need responsible and working class female friends in abuja on 29C329CA/08100392181.
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
BreezyRita:

Xcapizt, see what I said?? She just joined and got mentioned.

Eh? What did I do shocked lol
Re: Would You Fight For Your Man? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
remsonik:
Yes I would fight for him, not just for him but the love we share. I don't give up easily and for me to go into a relationship with someone I must be very sure I wanna do it. I fight it by showing enough commitment and care to it such that even if it fails then the blame won't be on me.
I don't just show it through my words I reaffirm it daily through my actions to him
now here's a matured lady talking. wish there were more like u. wink

(1) (Reply)

She Propose 2 Him And He Accepted, "Does He Need 2 Propose 2 Her Again As D Man? / Woman Caught Having Se*x With Co-tenant In Bathroom, While Husband Watched TV / Why Is It That Female Dont Toast The Male In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.