Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (58500 Views)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by nigeriagospel(m): 9:42am On Apr 08, 2020
Sleekydee:
great write up...iRepLampese!!!
same here, I rep lampese, the one and only efe in lampese

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 6:33am On Jun 01, 2020
kashtanyi:

Hello,pls how can I get to ibillo town from Benin with bus..tks

Take a vehicle to Auchi and drop an Angle 90, then take a bike to Igarra Park where you will get a vehicle to Ibillo.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ohosi4real(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2020
This history of ibillo can not be trace by any one. Ibillo is from Benin kingdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ohosi4real(m): 11:58am On Jul 30, 2021
Fake history from fake yoruba people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2022
scholes0:

Are you saying you know the people of Ibillo, Ikpeshi, Isua, Ogori ,Imeri, Lamkpeshe, Ososo, Etc more than the people themselves?
If you have been through the area, you will know that these people of Northern Edo/North-East Ondo (AKOKO/AKOKO-EDO) are Yoruba, with some Edo influences.
Each group in Akoko and surrounding areas have their own language, one town can have one language/local dialect, but the general language and predominant culture in the area is Yoruba.
Oga shut up, these People are Edo with one or two yoruba influence among them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Maberu: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
I think the best is to ignore these yoruba trolls who are obsessed with the Edo.
I don't have their time, I would rather do something usefull with my life than spend it here repeating myself countless times to some yoruba fools who believe they know us EDO better than we know ourselves.
I don't get the very concept of this discussion with the yoruba who don't seem to have any sense of minding one's own business.

your fada is the most fuuuuuulish An-i-m-al so far. you Bast-ard son of a bit-ch
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AutomaticMotors: 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
Deadlytruth:

In Igarra usage:
Ozioma means a responsible child develops the trait naturally and not due much to parental efforts.
Iramofu means the future always is greater than the past and present.
Adaviriku means that a responsible father is a like a forest into which members of the family run for protection.
Asusheyi is actually a condensed pronunciation of A si ewu sha eyi and it transliterates to 'You should not hurry' meaning no hurry in life.

So they are not Yoruba names and have nothing to do with Yoruba.

Wow see how you exposed him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Simbrixton(m): 12:46am On Aug 26, 2023
scholes0:

I won’t be surprised if they send a delegation to this particular area of Edo state by next week, forcing the Kings there to start wearing skirts and circular beads to look loke their Benin Oba.
Yes, it is that serious- and they can do it.
i dan talk dese kain tin b4
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Okada691: 6:25am On Aug 26, 2023
OlaoChi:
shocked Benin Empire you mean? and then Edo state is already more than half of the former Empire but after Invasion 1897 the empire lost its power and the Kingdom was restricted to its originally environs where the people speak Edo

The people you say are lying are giving details form town to town of an area that is known to be complex you are simply making a barging statement that frankly doesn't do justice to the Akoko area. What will you say about Akoko in Kogi state and Ondo state. What about Etsako and others who are not Edo speaking areas but have their own language?
They have their own language but it’s Edoid. Etsako is a strong Edo group that evolved into Edoid because of The Nupe migrants they received, the word Otaru is also nupe

However some of their dialects can also be largely considered Edo because they have been laced heavily with Esan . E.g Agbelo dialect of Agenebode and Agbede.guage. It’s just that many of them use the Iyekhee dialect for communication which would be at most to Bini what Igala is to Yoruba.

This whole dialect and language is not what one should be resolute about. Esan and Bini already are dialects of the same langauge.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Okada691: 7:24am On Aug 26, 2023
9jakool:

Very few people point this out, but there are Yoruba-speaking minority communities in Ovia.
I don't know the popularity of Usen dialect today, but the town of Usen and the surrounding communities in Ovia NE speak a distinct Yoruba dialect.
Yoruba communities in Ovia NE local government include
Egbeta
Usen
Ilorin
Ogbese
Ago Panu
Uhen

The Ikale dialect can be found in parts of Ovia SW local government area adjacent to Irele Local Government in Ondo state.
The Yoruba speaking communities in Ovia SW include
Siluko
Ago Akinde
Kekere
Foniyege
Lakolako
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo
this same Uhen, that man spoke fluent exquisite Bini, according to the video he said he is 98 years old. He said not only that the community speak Bini, it was founded by Bini ancestors, so do well to interpret to your people what this man said if you can. I would

I am happy that our internet mobile Binis are now leaving Benin city to inquire about the history of those in the Interiors. This man would never know they claimed his community as Yoruba, even the Bini youths there who are majorly farmers and are not internet mobile due to poor internet connection in the place .

I don’t know the history of Usen that much but I know they have already been entrenched as an Edo speaking community long ago in preceding centuries. This i know because of already ancient families that descended from Usen. Ogbebor’n’usen etc ogbebor is an Edo word

Isiluko is also an Edo word and certainly was established by Edo migrants. As the word Isiluko can only be dissected by an Edo man. ISI means a place,a site. The site therefore of an Uloko tree. I know Binis still inhabit that community but they seem not to be in the majority anymore . The majority i learnt of this community should be the Ijaws.

Never heard of the others they must be really small communities, except Ogbesee and Egbetta. Though never been to Ogbesse and Egbetta, so can’t really complement on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jTJTIOssJc?si=wA39PX80jsOkcQdC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2023
macof:

If you don't know the difference between Kingdom and Empire that's not my problem really

And I purposely stated 6 because parts of Orhiomwon belongs to Ika - Igbos

Rather than charge out on "ethnic defence mission" you should have stated what you think Bini kingdom comprises and prove how I'm wrong.
Because Orhiowmon is at most15- 17 ika then the local government is not Edo, how can you wish away 83-85% of Edos in Orhiowmon because of at most 17 ika.

What you should know is that orhiowmon is a very large lga, larger than most lgas you know of out there, it is a totally rural local government sustaining huge population. It is mate with Akoko Edo in terms of number of Inhabitants, both in numbers of polling units, voters registration etc, how crude can you be

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
scholes0:

Hahaha, Ijaw claims in Ovia SW is only the begining of Bini peoples’ problems.
lol
Ijaw have just three wards out of the ten wards in Ovia south west and cannot even have up to thirty percent of the population of this lga because they have sparsely populated communities.

Iguobazuwa alone with two wards was 21 thousand in 1991, today it is well over 55 thousand, Udo is a single ward but it is the largest single ward there, as at the beginning of this millennium, it was estimated to be 15,000. Today it should be around the 40,000 mark. Then you have Usen, Iguoriakhi, and three other wards in Ovia south west

So the Ijaws does not really come close as it pertains to population ratio in Ovia south west

Abudu, Iguobazuwa and Okada are Bini towns on that list. Though Okada has grown significantly larger than the others because of the university at Okada, estimated to have 78 thousand as at 2011

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:
Ijaw have just three wards out of the ten wards in Ovia south west and cannot even have up to thirty percent of the population of this lga because they have sparsely populated communities.

Iguobazuwa alone with two wards was 21 thousand in 1991, today it is well over 55 thousand, Udo is a single ward but it is the largest single ward there, as at the beginning of this millennium, it was estimated to be 15,000. Today it should be around the 40,000 mark. Then you have Usen, Iguoriakhi, and three other wards in Ovia south west

So the Ijaws does not really come close as it pertains to population ratio in Ovia south west

Such places have been decreasing in population due to emigration and not increasing. Everybody is moving to the cities. Two hundred years ago some second tier Ijesa towns were three times the population of Lagos.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:

Abudu, Iguobazuwa and Okada are Bini towns on that list. Though Okada has grown significantly larger than the others because of the university at Okada, estimated to have 78 thousand as at 2011

It is not by number of wards. That is just politics.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
lawani:

Such places have been decreasing in population due to emigration and not increasing. Everybody is moving to the cities. Two hundred years ago some second tier Ijesa towns were three times the population of Lagos.
Iguobazuwa is a semi urban town in Edo state, in that year that it was 21,000, it was made the local government headquarters, so rather than decrease, it should increase because activities would start happening on a small scale as a result of it being an headquarter of a local government.

Also it can be described as the agricultural seat of Edo State, as they probably have the largest rural market in Edo state, during their market days and any other day people from Benin and other parts of Edo state go to Iguobazuwa to buy goods, it is holding its own forte in its own way.

Even Udo, Presco is in Udo, also a rubber research institute is also there, sustaining some business activities here and there, i have been to Iguobazuwa before, I can tell the Iguobazuwa i went to cannot be less than 60,000. I have not been to Udo, someone told me that Udo is more beautiful and even holding a life of its own

People will always move to the city , that does not mean the population of those Ijesha towns reduced, they must have grown Albeit not growing dry fast, adding to the general population of the Yoruba race, about hundred years ago when Yoruba was about 3 million, Ijesha would not have been more than a hundred thousand. But today, it obviously has surpassed the one million mark, meaning all the components grew to make Ijesha what it is today. So with Benin, Bini was reckoned or estimated to be one million people in 1987. Today, it has definitely tripled that.

The population of Lagos grew astronomically for obvious reasons, you can’t farm in the city

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
scholes0:

It is not by number of wards. That is just politics.
what do you think the population of the Ijaws are in Edo state and why, given the fact that they obviously have the most sparsely populated communities in Edo State. How do you juxtapose it with the fact that the first three largest communities in the lga are Bini speaking in that order of Iguobazuwa , Udo, Usen. The combination of these three towns at the very least would not be less than 110 thousand. There are still other three Bini wards which contains multiple tens of Benin communities which includes iguoriakhi etc when you juxtapose these side by side, it certainly is not in Ijaws favor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:
Iguobazuwa is a semi urban town in Edo state, in that year that it was 21,000, it was made the local government headquarters, so rather than decrease, it should increase because activities would start happening on a small scale as a result of it being an headquarter of a local government.

Also it can be described as the agricultural seat of Edo State, as they probably have the largest rural market in Edo state, during their market days and any other day people from Benin and other parts of Edo state go to Iguobazuwa to buy goods, it is holding its own forte in its own way.

Even Udo, Presco is in Udo, also a rubber research institute is also there, sustaining some business activities here and there, i have been to Iguobazuwa before, I can tell the Iguobazuwa i went to cannot be less than 60,000. I have not been to Udo, someone told me that Udo is more beautiful and even holding a life of its own

People will always move to the city , that does not mean the population of those Ijesha towns reduced, they must have grown Albeit not growing dry fast, adding to the general population of the Yoruba race, about hundred years ago when Yoruba was about 3 million, Ijesha would not have been more than a hundred thousand. But today, it obviously has surpassed the one million mark, meaning all the components grew to make Ijesha what it is today. So with Benin, Bini was reckoned or estimated to be one million people in 1987. Today, it has definitely tripled that.

The population of Lagos grew astronomically for obvious reasons, you can’t farm in the city

How is Benin one million and Ijesa 100k at the same time?. Benin is not up to Ijesa but Benin city because of government patronage has surpassed Ilesa the Ijesa capital for now. Not all Edoid people are Benin and those people in Ovia will not be able to understand Benin language, then a large number of Benin people are Yorubas who have lost their language and have acquired the language and culture of the new Benin kingdom as a result of the Collapse of the Yoruba speaking Benin empire. What made the Benin popular is the location of a Yoruba city on their land
What applies to Iguobazuwa also applied to other towns in the local government and at the end of the day, it is the land under your control that you have to manage that matters
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
lawani:

How is Benin one million and Ijesa 100k at the same time?. Benin is not up to Ijesa but Benin city because of government patronage has surpassed Ilesa the Ijesa capital for now. [b]Not all Edoid people are Benin and those people in Ovia will not be able to understand Benin language, then a large number of Benin people are Yorubas who have lost their language and have acquired the language and culture of the new Benin kingdom as a result of the Collapse of the Yoruba speaking Ben[/b]in empire. What made the Benin popular is the [/b]location of a Yoruba city on their land
What applies to Iguobazuwa also applied to other towns in the local government and at the end of the day, it is the land under your control that you have to manage that matters
are you a fool, I said Bini was reckoned to be 1,000,000 in 1987. And i said Ijesha was maybe about 100,000 when Yoruba was 3,000,000 hundred years ago.

Is 1987 hundred years ago? Are you daft? If you lack comprehension please stop mentioning me, stop bringing Ijesha up my face, i don’t care about Ijesha, i don’t want to care,

Binis have the largest landmass in that local government even the population obviously. At the very least,Bini hold 80% of the population of those two local governments in Ovia.

Stop pouring your frustrations on my mentions, go and sue the government for bringing the capital city to Benin city

Shift for road make i see better person chat with

Take your excessive ignorance and senility out of my mention. Please stop quoting me, can you?

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:
are you a fool, I said Bini was reckoned to be 1,000,000 in 1987. And i said Ijesha was maybe about 100,000 when Yoruba was 3,000,000 hundred years ago.

Is 1987 hundred years ago? Are you daft? If you lack comprehension please stop mentioning me, stop bringing Ijesha up my face, i don’t care about Ijesha, i don’t want to care,

Binis have the largest landmass in that local government even the population obviously. At the very least,Bini hold 80% of the population of those two local governments in Ovia.

Stop pouring your frustrations on my mentions, go and sue the government for bringing the capital city to Benin city

Take your excessive ignorance and senility out of my mention. Please stop quoting me, can you?

You must be crazy. You dim witted bastard talking to his father's age mate anyhow.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Evboesi: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:

grin grin grin you don frustrate
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2023
lawani:

You must be crazy. You dim witted bastard talking to his father's age mate anyhow.
My father’s mate always trying to bring Ijesha into every Bini conversation and maybe purposely trying to misread points so we can leave a subject matter and start discussing his Ijesha is certainly not sensible
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2023
Evboesi:
grin grin grin you don frustrate
My brother i tire for the guy, he does not know how to read and comprehend effectively.

Knowledge- He speak or write as one that has never left His Ijesha before.

“those people in Ovia will not be able to understand Benin language” this comment is a great pointer to that.

And he keeps quoting me, trying to use me to blow up his Ijesha. You have to pay me for the consistent Advert of Ijesha

He has his own way of making you leave the subject matter with his lack of understanding,and start discussing Ijesha, sometimes i begin to think it’s deliberate.My write up is there and It is obvious.

He also has his pattern of Projecting his frustration of underdevelopment of his land on the Binis, na me say make your land nor develop.

If you are engaging in a discussion, have knowledge, so people can learn from you, if you don’t, have understanding or comprehension, and the ability to bow to superior arguments, for that is the whole basis of engaging in a conversation. Don’t come and be stressing anybody, Nigeria is already hard enough.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:
My brother i tire for the guy, he does not know how to read and comprehend effectively.

Knowledge- He speak or write as one that has never left His Ijesha before.

“those people in Ovia will not be able to understand Benin language” this comment is a great pointer to that.

And he keeps quoting me, trying to use me to blow up his Ijesha. You have to pay me for the consistent Advert of Ijesha

He has his own way of making you leave the subject matter with his lack of understanding,and start discussing Ijesha, sometimes i begin to think it’s deliberate.My write up is there and It is obvious.

He also has his pattern of Projecting his frustration of underdevelopment of his land on the Binis, na me say make your land nor develop.

If you are engaging in a discussion, have knowledge, so people can learn from you, if you don’t, have understanding or comprehension, and the ability to bow to superior arguments, for that is the whole basis of engaging in a conversation. Don’t come and be stressing anybody, Nigeria is already hard enough.

You are the one who mentioned Ijesa derisively first and not myself, what I did was point out to you that Lagos originally was not more than an Ijesa small town and then you said Ijesa are three percent of Yoruba (100k out of 3 million) then went further to say Benin was a million people in 1987 which I misinterpreted to you saying Benin was a million when Ijesa was 100k and I corrected you by saying Ijesa is more than Benin and that Benin is the most popular Edoid group only because a Yoruba city was established there as I always point that out since history is an academic discipline and not for other purposes. The fact that you think you can call me a fool and not get a response shows that you are a fool yourself or you are not properly tutored at home in the art of public discourse. Cities sitting on ancient Ijesa land include Osogbo and even Ede before Timi from Oyo ile arrived there to suppress the Ijesa arara taxing Oyo travellers and traders going to the coast and even Akure before it was seized by Benin was Ijesa territory and of course if you want to downgrade Ijesa as somehow below your Benin you expect me as an Ijesa man to point out your error immediately. You are the one that needs to learn manners not myself.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
lawani:

You are the one who mentioned Ijesa derisively first and not myself, what I did was point out to you that Lagos originally was not more than an Ijesa small town and then you said Ijesa are three percent of Yoruba (100k out of 3 million) then went further to say Benin was a million people in 1987 which I misinterpreted to you saying Benin was a million when Ijesa was 100k and I corrected you by saying Ijesa is more than Benin and that Benin is the most popular Edoid group only because a Yoruba city was established there as I always point that out since history is an academic discipline and not for other purposes. The fact that you think you can call me a fool and not get a response shows that you are a fool yourself or you are not properly tutored at home in the art of public discourse. Cities sitting on ancient Ijesa land include Osogbo and even Ede before Timi from Oyo ile arrived there to suppress the Ijesa arara taxing Oyo travellers and traders going to the coast and even Akure before it was seized by Benin was Ijesa territory and of course if you want to downgrade Ijesa as somehow below your Benin you expect me as an Ijesa man to point out your error immediately. You are the one that needs to learn manners not myself.

For you to have focused on the numbers show you need a crash course on comprehension. That was never the primary idea in my write up.

You quoted me first talking about the stagnancy of Edo because you are obviously obsessed with it and i used the population of Ijesha components to buttress my idea that while maybe there are no little or no activity in many parts of Yorubaland, albeit slowly because you can’t farm in Lagos

Your misinterpretation was your fault not mine, my idea was stated explicitly. I even think it was not misread, it was a deliberate act for you to start spilling your Ijesha trash everywhere

My brother i nor send you and your Ijesha, I would like you to come and uproot the Yoruba Bini city and place it in the center of Ilesa make we for get peace

Lawani i was still writing
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:

You see?. You remain what you are which is an idiot not properly brought up.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
lawani:

You see?. You remain what you are which is an idiot not properly brought up.
I was still writing ozour, This is what I wrote

For you to have focused on the numbers show you need a crash course on comprehension. That was never the primary idea in my write up.

You quoted me first bringing your lame idea that suggest the stagnancy of Edo towns because you are obviously obsessed with it and i used the population of Ijesha components to buttress my idea that while maybe there are no little or no activity in many parts of Yorubaland, albeit slowly the population grew culminating in the Yoruba population we have today because you can’t farm in Lagos

Your misinterpretation was your fault not mine, my idea was stated explicitly. I even think it was not misread, it was a deliberate act for you to start spilling your Ijesha trash everywhere

My brother i nor send you and your Ijesha, I would like you to come and uproot the Yoruba Bini city and place it in the center of Ilesa make we for get peace

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by lawani: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:

You quoted me first bringing your lame idea that suggest the stagnancy of Edo towns because you are obviously obsessed with it and i used the population of Ijesha components to buttress my idea that while maybe there are no little or no activity in many parts of Yorubaland, albeit slowly the population grew culminating in the Yoruba population we have today because you can’t farm in Lagos

Ologbo147:

I admitted I misinterpreted you and my misinterpretation was highlighted before I made my point in my comment which you could have corrected but you chose to insult me instead and who throws insult without expecting a response in kind?. Some of your young men who are Benin nationalists always come online to spread lies About the cultural and linguistic identity of the Benin empire, so I always point out to them the errors in their submissions, so if that led to your insult I care less and it does not stop me from repeating the same on another thread because history is an academic discipline. I can't uproot anything from Benin and as at less than ten thousand years ago all the people who now call themselves Igbo, Edo, Yoruba, Nupe etc had largely the same ancestors before separating into different ethnic groups. All human beings are the same while identities from individual up are also sacred and I will never insult anyone anywhere instead of addressing whatever issue they raised in the academic way. If no ready answer, I will go and think and seek God's inspiration rather than initiate the throwing of insults which most of you who are history vandals do
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ologbo147: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
lawani:

I admitted I misinterpreted you and my misinterpretation was highlighted before I made my point in my comment which you could have corrected but you chose to insult me instead and who throws insult without expecting a response in kind?. Some of your young men who are Benin nationalists always come online to spread lies About the cultural and linguistic identity of the Benin empire, so I always point out to them the errors in their submissions, so if that led to your insult I care less and it does not stop me from repeating the same on another thread because history is an academic discipline. I can't uproot anything from Benin and as at less than ten thousand years ago all the people who now call themselves Igbo, Edo, Yoruba, Nupe etc had largely the same ancestors before separating into different ethnic groups. All human beings are the same while identities from individual up are also sacred and I will never insult anyone anywhere instead of addressing whatever issue they raised in the academic way. If no ready answer, I will go and think and seek God's inspiration rather than initiate the throwing of insults which most of you who are history vandals do
when it comes to Bini history, language and people, you are clearly ignorant my brother

Of all time, of all time on culture section, go and read from these men,

Physicsqed
Ogbuefi11
Redbonesmith
Scholes0- I added scholes0 because of the knowledge of the mappings of Benin kingdom and Edo people, scholes0 seem to know Edo state more than his Ondo state, i don’t necessarily agree with him on his Yoruba affiliation of the Bini monarchy, and he is also very open minded and perhaps the most intelligent Yoruba on Bini and Edo matters
Deadlytruth does not have much work on Bini, but his work on Akoko Edo is very explicit and would educate you

I did not add much Binis so you will not see me as parochial
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:
when it comes to Bini history, language and people, you are clearly ignorant my brother

Of all time, of all time on culture section, go and read from these men,

Physicsqed
Ogbuefi11
Redbonesmith
Scholes0- I added scholes0 because of the knowledge of the mappings of Benin kingdom and Edo people, scholes0 seem to know Edo state more than his Ondo state, i don’t necessarily agree with him on his Yoruba affiliation of the Bini monarchy, and he is also very open minded and perhaps the most intelligent Yoruba on Bini and Edo matters
Deadlytruth does not have much work on Bini, but his work on Akoko Edo is very explicit and would educate you

I did not add much Binis so you will not see me as parochial

Benin monarchy is actually Ife paternally and Egor maternally.

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ologbo147:
what do you think the population of the Ijaws are in Edo state and why, given the fact that they obviously have the most sparsely populated communities in Edo State. How do you juxtapose it with the fact that the first three largest communities in the lga are Bini speaking in that order of Iguobazuwa , Udo, Usen. The combination of these three towns at the very least would not be less than 110 thousand. There are still other three Bini wards which contains multiple tens of Benin communities which includes iguoriakhi etc when you juxtapose these side by side, it certainly is not in Ijaws favor

Bros the truth is that Ijaws are significant in ovia SW. That was why I was telling you to forget that ward talk.
There are sizable villages of Ijaw extraction in that local government, and the Ijaws multiply at exceptional rates.

There is:
Ajakurama
Ofunama
Okomu Ijo
Gbelekanga
Inikorogha
Abere
Jamagie
Izide
Kolobo
Safarogbo
Binidogha
Ofineyege
Gbelebu
Asamara

Joint ijaw and Ikale (Yoruba) villages
Madagbayu
Abiala
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo
Kekere

Ijaws are significant in Edo state, it isn't like they have just one or two communities and naught. Infact, the only difference between Ijaws in Ondo and Edo state is that the Ones in Ondo state managed to get and dominate a local government to themselves when they were separated from Ilaje to be on their own, while the ones in Edo are balkanized in 3, making them minorities in each one. All the ijaw villages in Ovia SW and Ovia NE can actually together be a local government.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Ebubu3: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
scholes0:

Bros the truth is that Ijaws are significant in ovia SW. That was why I was telling you to forget that ward talk.
There are sizable villages of Ijaw extraction in that local government, and the Ijaws multiply at exceptional rates.

There is:
Ajakurama
Ofunama
Okomu Ijo
Gbelekanga
Inikorogha
Abere
Jamagie
Izide
Kolobo
Safarogbo
Binidogha
Ofineyege
Gbelebu
Asamara

Joint ijaw and Ikale (Yoruba) villages
Madagbayu
Abiala
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo
Kekere

Ijaws are significant in Edo state, it isn't like they have just one or two communities and naught. Infact, the only difference between Ijaws in Ondo and Edo state is that the Ones in Ondo state managed to get and dominate a local government to themselves when they were separated from Ilaje to be on their own, while the ones in Edo are balkanized in 3, making them minorities in each one. All the ijaw villages in Ovia SW and Ovia NE can actually together be a local government.

It’s funny how you fraudulently lie and claim Ijaw indigenouship in many states across Nigeria but fight against Igbo claims of Igbo indigenouship in many States across Nigeria undecidedundecided

I was starting to trust your opinion but now see through your two-face.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Do African Americans Have A Culture? / Why Aren't There Any Successful Black Nations In The World? / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.