Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996904 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 11:40am On Jul 14, 2015
uchezdedon. Ahbbiey

I called them yesterday and they said they haven't received my application
I used the tracking code from the courtier service and there it said the documents have reached the schools

This is a really big problem as I don't know who is deceiving me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2015
People are ready to help anytime on here.. People here wish the best for prospective students by giving SOLID advice on everything possible that comes from the German embassy.. You guys are the best..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lol, I dey Stuttgart oo. I used to be very active here under a different moniker (jahjehova). But now I am back.

Just holla if you get issues or wanna just hookup.

dammymayor:
See me ooooo. Although i no really get questions for now. But at least Stuttgart people don dey show up.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
OlaoChi:
uchezdedon. Ahbbiey

I used the tracking code from the courtier service and there it said the documents have reached the schools

Very sad indeed. Then I think u need 2 go back 2 d courier office u used, just dat there is no more time. This is what u would have done after 5working days in wch u send ur documents so that they can be able 2 track it and know d exact office that received ur document. Maybe u addressed it to d wrong office. Go back 2 d courier office and explain 2 dem dey can track it b4 d deadline.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
obs3rver:
Much has been said about the visa interview, and my experience was not so different, as the questions asked were practically the same. To those still waiting to do their interviews, read up and prepare well; you would find the interview a pleasant walk in the park if you follow all that has been advised in previous posts.
Also, do note that it is important that you tell the truth (or be consistent with whatever you say) during the interview. The VO checks for consistency. Also, it would seem the VO has information on each applicant so it would do you well to say it as it is. For instance, if you have not secured accommodation, say you have not but emphasize that you have applied and you are waiting to hear back from them. Asides the normal questions, some other questions I was asked were:
- The month, day and year of the reunification of Germany
- The capital of randomly picked German states (know all if possible)
- Governor/mayor of the city you are going
- Capital of the city you are going

Ich wünsche uns Viel Glück.

STATES AND CAPITAL? OBOY THESE QUESTIONS DON DEY HARD OH?! CHEI...I ONLY BUT PITY THOSE WEY NEVER DO....MAYBE NA BECAUSE WE WEY DON DO TOO ACE AM THAT'S Y..

Anyway niccur I sent u a PM, it is urgent... and I have pleasant news for you. Naija? We no fit carry last jarre grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Obiwannn:

STATES AND CAPITAL? OBOY THESE QUESTIONS DON DEY HARD OH?! CHEI...I ONLY BUT PITY THOSE WEY NEVER DO....MAYBE NA BECAUSE WE WEY DON DO TOO ACE AM THAT'S Y..

Anyway niccur I sent u a PM, it is urgent... and I have pleasant news for you. Naija? We no fit carry last jarre grin grin grin

Seriously ooo, From wat I'm hearing now dey re adding more questions ooo and changing the pattern self...but God dey sha... I wish all #teamwinter dat ve not had their interview the very best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Sorry dear about your situation.

Does the information concerning tracking your documents provide the name of the person(s) who received your documents?

If it does you can let the schools know who received them.

Else like uchezdedon said go back to the courier company and make a complaint.

Which one is it, the courier company?

OlaoChi:
uchezdedon. Ahbbiey

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Na so we see am o. Provided one knows these things before hand, e go cheap gaan. Everything still revolves around those questions.

I've replied. grin grin Naija no fit carry last ever. Wetin be this pleasant news? hit me up abeg.

Obiwannn:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sveen: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
A cousin of mine that passed outta secondary school last year wants to continue his university education in Germany. And from what i've seen and read here, it seems only Hnd, OND, and degree holders only get that chance. So i wanna ask if there is any institution that offers admission to SSCE students in Germany.

Anxiouly anticipating a reply from you guys. Thanks!

Cc. Eke40seven Justwise Obiwannn Obs3rver Williamso
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Sveen:
A cousin of mine that passed outta secondary school last year wants to continue his university education in Germany. And from what i've seen and read here, it seems only Hnd, OND, and degree holders only get that chance. So i wanna ask if there is any institution that offers admission to SSCE students in Germany.

Anxiouly anticipating a reply from you guys. Thanks!

Cc. Eke40seven Justwise Obiwannn Obs3rver Williamso
The best your cousin can get is admission to studienkolleg, which is a 1-year pre-university program. On completion, he can then proceed to undergraduate studies. Do note that he'll need German proficiency of at least B2 (or is it B1?) before he can be considered.

My advice: Sit for A'level exams or get enrolled at a Nigerian university and complete 100L. Use this together with your SSCE to apply for English-taught undergraduate programs.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ethelbert006: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
@Imuhopeful, @Ahbbiey, @Eke40seven,Thou hast enlightened my understanding with your response. I am grateful. Danke.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new here and about to go open the blocked student account at the embassy tomorrow.

I've downloaded the account opening forms & filled them but the issue is, the form specfies that I 'check that my online application has been completed'. I only downloaded then pdf and filled the it with my pen after printing & didn't do any online application

I've checked the deutsch bank website can't find a place to fill anything online. Could any one help me with this? Do I really need to fill anything online or its an oversight?

I'll appreciate a speedy response from anyone as I need to go to the embassy tomorrow.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sveen: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Williamso:

The best your cousin can get is admission to studienkolleg, which is a 1-year pre-university program. On completion, he can then proceed to undergraduate studies. Do note that he'll need German proficiency of at least B2 (or is it B1?) before he can be considered.

My advice: Sit for A'level exams or get enrolled at a Nigerian university and complete 100L. Use this together with your SSCE to apply for English-taught undergraduate programs.
Thanks for the brief explanation and advice.

I guess i'll have to advice him to go for the latter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
kanweYest:
Hi guys, I'm new here and about to go open the blocked student account at the embassy tomorrow.

I've downloaded the account opening forms & filled them but the issue is, the form specfies that I 'check that my online application has been completed'. I only downloaded then pdf and filled the it with my pen after printing & didn't do any online application

I've checked the deutsch bank website can't find a place to fill anything online. Could any one help me with this? Do I really need to fill anything online or its an oversight?

I'll appreciate a speedy response from anyone as I need to go to the embassy tomorrow.

Thanks.
Brother, you dont need to fill anything online. just fill the pdf form and head straight to the embassy tomorrow with your int passport +copy and admission letter. Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
scofield03:

Brother, you dont need to fill anything online. just fill the pdf form and head straight to the embassy tomorrow with your int passport +copy and admission letter. Danke

Thanks a lot. God bless.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by harrrry: 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good day house. please can one use tetfund as sponsor for masters in germany tuition free
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Pls,is it possible to be schooling in Lübeck while working in Hamburg? Do you know Hamburg? How good is d place in terms of student job and life generally over there?Thx!

DANNIEmore:
Hmmmm. really been ages.. School work here.....SMH!
I encourage y'all intending to come study to come on as you're truly on the right track for quality education. I tell you, I cant just explain!!!
Sound , Sound, sound......................................education here in Germany...
success to y'all as you embark on this journey..
For Hamburg queries, refer here lets see what we can do about it..
God Bless!
Highstar!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by igwejay: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
GoldHorse:

On the blocked account. I used Union Bank, Festac branch. Just two days and I got notification from DB. Pm me and I will give you the FT officer's phone number. You can use their head office if possible because all the branches will still forward to the treasury department in the head office.

Bros please how long did it take union bank to debit ur account. I filled the form A yesterday morning and have not gotten any notification that my account has been debited till now

Thank u
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
Na just accomodation. Though ive been assured of a place by oct 1. I go pm u
daimlerbenz:
Lol, I dey Stuttgart oo. I used to be very active here under a different moniker (jahjehova). But now I am back.

Just holla if you get issues or wanna just hookup.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
OlaoChi:
uchezdedon. Ahbbiey

Faint and fret not for the status and thy documents may not necessarily be out of their reach. Know thee not that in some schools, the centre admission office that receiveth thy documents could differ from the actual departments that sorts and give the admission.
Look thee at mine explicate descriptions.

1. I send my docs to the centre office for admission/international office.
2. They sort my docs and do the precheck, which could take days or week(s) depending on the school. Some might send thee notification of receipt at this point and some might not
3. The centre admission office/international office fowardeth thine application documents to thy department admission office

4. Then those might send you notification

if thou lookest over yon, thou wouldst realise that thou hast contacted the department admission office before they received thine applications.
P.S. Some applications are direct to thy prospective department and mine assumption taketh not this into consideration.
I hope that thine heart doth accept this kind of counsel for it to receive peace.
See thee anon!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
double post
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
The only condition under which you can use tetfund as a sponsor is if you're collecting the money from tetfund, and depositing into your blocked account. Otherwise, it's not possible.

harrrry:
Good day house. please can one use tetfund as sponsor for masters in germany tuition free
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
uchezdedon:

Very sad indeed. Then I think u need 2 go back 2 d courier office u used, just dat there is no more time. This is what u would have done after 5working days in wch u send ur documents so that they can be able 2 track it and know d exact office that received ur document. Maybe u addressed it to d wrong office. Go back 2 d courier office and explain 2 dem dey can track it b4 d deadline.
Ahbbiey
Eke40seven.

Thank you all. I was advised by the person at the International Office of one of the schools to keep calm, cus the office that receives the letters aren't the same personnel keeping the application records
They have seen it but not began the process cause they have so many other applications that came before mine

Maybe the strike made them receive a whole bunch of applications too much to handle on time
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
smiley
OlaoChi:
Ahbbiey
Eke40seven.

Thank you all. I was advised by the person at the International Office of one of the schools to keep calm, cus the office that receives the letters aren't the same personnel keeping the application records
They have seen it but not began the process cause they have so many other applications that came before mine

Maybe the strike made them receive a whole bunch of applications too much to handle on time

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
@OlaChi; Why don't you check the application portals of the schools you sent your application documents to? Enter your username and password, It's always easier to track the progress of your application via the schools application/admission portals, except the university doesn't have one.

OlaoChi:
Ahbbiey
Eke40seven.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missZ1: 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good day guys,
When the court lady was filling my declaration of age. She did a mistake by saying my father's age is 82 instead of 72. Pls I need an advise. Should I stick with this age or do another one as I don't want the fact the he is too aged count against me.

Thanko.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
What has your father's age got to do with the your age declaration for the purpose of obtaining an NPC birth certificate? You should be more concerned about your own age not your father's. Ensure that a mistake is not made on your own age.
missZ1:
Good day guys,
When the court lady was filling my declaration of age. She did a mistake by saying my father's age is 82 instead of 72. Pls I need an advise. Should I stick with this age or do another one as I don't want the fact the he is too aged count against me.

Thanko.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missZ1: 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
victz:
What has your father's age got to do with the your age declaration for the purpose of obtaining an NPC birth certificate? You should be more concerned about your own age not your father's. Ensure that a mistake is not made on your own age.

Victz I was born before 1991 so I was advise not to use the NPC letter as it will lead to the rejection of my application . so I want to use the declaration i obtained from the court to process my visa. Hope that is fine. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Please, in the blocked account application form, am I to tick the NO. 9 which states: I declare my express consent for the bank to commence performance of this contract on acceptance of my application for the contract to be concluded but before expiry of the cancellation period?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sask(m): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
pls can anyone link me to some on studying in Rhine Waal university of applied science

pls house how go about in writing my motivational letter,I have tried using Google but not getting any useful info from it
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Twinkle and Eke40seven u guys have been a great help. Thanks plenty. I've been able to go for the blocked account but applied for visa since friday, until now no reponse. Its freky and the waiting is taking long don't u think?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
And pls for those who have gone for TUM skype interview especially for MSc Nutrition and Biomedicine, pls put me through

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.