Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997877 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
yusufftaiwo:
cool cool cool cool cool

Well, u might have tried it and didn't work out for You, Dat doesn't mean it didn't work for others...

If Uve been following news, everyone should NOTE dat CBN is really hyper sensitive dis days about forex and as things stands today 1euro = #262 @d black market ...

Don't try to take Ur frustration out on any1 here because any ADVICE u get here isn't COMPULSORY... we're all just trying to help each other out as NIGERIANS...

My take: U should be very clear wen explaining to the bank official so he/she will understand why Ure transferring d forex ...

U might as well try the headquarters because not all the branch officials have d experience in dealing with dis kind of transfer...

EXCEPT THE CBN HAS FINALLY BREAK THE BACK OF THE CAMEL... WATCHING HOW IT ALL PLAYS OUT IN 3D... cool cool cool cool cool
1million likes 4 u Taiwo. Twinkle jus come here de mislead d thread with uninformed advice. Wetin even concern me sef? Mtchew.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Obiwannn:
1million likes 4 u Taiwo. Twinkle jus come here de mislead d thread with uninformed advice. Wetin even concern me sef? Mtchew.

How was it uninformed? She was talking from personal experience.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
@Obiwann, I initiated d process on Thursday,but nothing till now. I hav been expecting debit alert to no avail. I called d lady in charge dis evening, she didn't pick her calls. Thank God d person I contacted in charge of d accommodation said I hav till 27th to pay. I would hav been in crisis by now.
How about urs? Have they completed ur transfer?
@ switxt, I sent u a msg on whatsapp, read through it may be helpful
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

u re right most banks/workers re not familiar with d form A isshhhh. I tried more than 4 banks in Lagos. @aibee don't bother or stress yourself much since u re in Ibadan just go to union bank @secretariat I will send u a guy contact he will surely initiate d transfer for u d guy is a union bank staff. Any d Dom stuff ah no b small diff ok but If u av d money just budget 2m plus while form A is just 1.850m

i will be grateful sir....am on your email contact
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
yusufftaiwo:
If Uve been following news, everyone should NOTE dat CBN is really hyper sensitive dis days about forex and as things stands today 1euro = #262 @d black market ...

I check google but it's almost always less than #222, as at today, it's #217.13. I'm not so sure google is accurate so I'm wondering where you got your info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nathan2222:

How was it uninformed? She was talking from personal experience.

read what he put up there and tell me if one person's experience is enough to tell people IN CAPITAL LETTERS that something must be strictly done somewhere. Plus telling people to use dorm account when that same stuff worked for someone on thread 1 (not at the HQ, but at a branch) and has also worked for two persons (not accounting for ghosts) in this thread 2 is just downright misleading. Take for instance a newbie comes on here and read his post, then that person will automatically assume what he's saying is right.
Well, again I say: E no concern me. If him get money and if una get money to throway at 262NGN = 1 EUR exchange rate, then FINE.
As for me, I no de pluck money for tree and I still categorically stand to say that FORM A still remains the best way to fund any school related payment until proven otherwise.
*DropsMic*

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
oligee:
@Obiwann, I initiated d process on Thursday,but nothing till now. I hav been expecting debit alert to no avail. I called d lady in charge dis evening, she didn't pick her calls. Thank God d person I contacted in charge of d accommodation said I hav till 27th to pay. I would hav been in crisis by now.

bros same oh..
Although I erronously used my Statement of result instead of my degree certificate on Thursday so had to go back yesterday to drop the degree cert. The lady sef come de para for me, say like say I submit am on Thursday, the woman for their HQ for don run am that same day.
obviously CBN don de vex, and the current black market rate (cc: Nathan222) of 262NGN no dey help matters as the thing don de scarce.
My deadline na tomorrow sha, but NO SHAKING, boys no dey fear...
GOD DEY...+ Naija no fit carry last wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nathan2222:

I check google but it's almost always less than #222, as at today, it's #217.13. I'm not so sure google is accurate so I'm wondering where you got your info.

"@ the black market" And I am not sure if malam are using Google rate to sell Euro or any currency. No, they are not hence the reason why it is called black market
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Obiwannn:
Obiwann1, in as much as I understand the point u made, we must not be myopic about our contribution in order not to discourage members from sharing respective experiences, funny enough, it's from experiences such as twinkle's would put d earlier info on a balance. me too had similar experience. I went to union bank, fidelity, gtb and first bank, fortunately, it was only first bank that seem familiar with d case because the operation manager asked me if I have all d necessary documents nd I said yes, then he said I should come wen I'm ready. Buh what I can deduce from all these z dat it's important to stipulate that the money is for study fees/study expenses. One Love!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
adenjnr:
Eke40seven is actually the interviewer. Sorry for the late response, its exams period and i had one yesterday. To the questions;

1) I think it depends on the course you are studying. For me, i have little or no assignments but more of presentations which entails lot of group work and no such things as impromptu test, we are even asked when we want our deadlines to be. We should just stop trying to compare education in Nigeria and here, the gap is just too wide. Work and study is not very easy especially when you are in a very demanding course and you intend to graduate with good grades but it is doable.

2) Actually i don't know how best to answer this but i will try not to make it look too easy. I do not have any language certificate but i started learning German online ever since i had the mind to study in Germany, its safe to say i understand German to some extent which actually helped. I got my 1st Job in less than 1month and the 2nd in less than 3months even though some people keep saying there is no job in the East. What actually did the magic for me is my openness to every Nigerian student i met here and the kind of people i met on ground (Big up to Topeajis once again, the guy is a real nigga).

3) Two major food in this part of Germany or maybe in general (not sure) Bread and Potatoes with lots of tomatoes and different leaves. Am an open person so i love to try everything but mostly, i do African food because it makes you spend less with Doner (Turkish) as a supporting striker.

4) If you are lucky enough to be here in August or early September, you will still meet summer sales and get cloths really cheap. you can always get your gadget from ebay or amazon (both new & old). As for okirika, Second hand store full everywhere.

5) Internet at home is really cheap depending on whether you want to have your own router(24euros) or you want to share with your apartment mates (5-10euros monthly). I share with my mates and i pay 5euros. Except you have a contract phone, on the go internet is quite expensive (9-24euros) meanwhile you have free internet in school.

6) - Be open minded, drop your sentiment and forming at the airport grin.
- Language is very very important e.g NO or LITTLE LANGUAGE = No or Menial Jobs, Just like someone said earlier, Perfect your Language and find yourself in paradise.
- Perfect your IT or Artisan Skills
- Even with the language and other skills you have, sometimes what you get is a function of the kind of people you meet. Relate with the right set of people.

7) About countries, with your resident permit/visa, you can travel 26 countries visa free in Europe and travelling elsewhere isn't really a problem.

I think have done justice to all the questions.

Disclaimer - I answered all the questions based on how have experienced Germany in Berlin and i tried as much as possible not to generalize.

Thanks for doing justice to the questions despite your tight schedule..... wish you success in your exams
merci...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
INTERESTING TIMES....

Everyone should just RELAX...

WE SHALL OVERCOME
#teamwinter na ni

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Obiwannn:
Adenjnr, what are you studying?
when does the summer semester end?
Nice piece by the way.
Development Economics.... July ending
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shaqurolalekan: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
God day guys, I started the process of block account at Union last wk monday, for ur infor everything went on fine dis wk, german bank has confirm d cash and email has been sent to me by German bank today

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
adeboye1000:

Thank you very much for the beautiful responses.I really appreciate it.Bro!I have these few questions:
1.You said you don't have any German certificate,what level of German proficiency do you think you are now,A2/B1?

2.You said you left one job for another.Why?What has been the monthly wage? Has the new job been stable?are most student jobs stable?Thx
I can't really say the level as i dont know what A2/B1 entails but i still de learner sha

I didn't say i left one job for another, i said i got a 2nd job (meaning i have 2 jobs). what you get at the end of the month depends on the hours you work in a month but averagely you should get 450euros.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
adenjnr:
Development Economics.... July ending
DANKE...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
I didn't do my STK there and i studied Elektrotechnik
Nathan2222:

Can you be more explicit? Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Why did he went and used Sky Bank when all the Oga's on this thread are advising people to use either Fidelity, Union, Diamond or First Bank? The guy funny sha! Could it be that he is the architect of his own misfortune? I could remember when I wanted to make enquiry about payment into blocked account at Zenith Bank. The lady I met there told me that it can't be done. I tried to explain things to her she kept on looking at me like an Egyptian Mummy, but when I went to Union Bank Headquarters (Stallion Plaza) they gave me every assurance that it can be done once I open an account with them. They even showed me copied of the ones they did for other candidates. I had no other option than to transfer all my money from my bank to Union Bank Headquarters.

Obiwannn:

Bros calm down eee.....You just dey make noise for here. Na like this you wan go dey do for Germany when you are faced with a lil challenge? Before you know, you will come back here and say You regret ever going to Germany, same Germany that someone is about sponsoring his own younger brother move over there.
People have used it and it worked, unless CBN just decided to change things overnight. You tried it, e no work; use the next alternative. No come here dey spew trash! It only makes you look childish. And please modify that rubbish you put up there.
#PARAMODE angry

Mhen, me just taya for the guy o..No be wetin u use? DB never credit ur account? Which one is CBN will bounce ur money
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 4:04am On Jul 23, 2015
oligee:

In my last statement about block account, I talked about issues with CBN and the interbank.. blablabal
However, I did with fidelity (hq) and it was quite fast. I wrote a letter explaining in details while i was transferring the money with as much prove i could muscles. I had to convince the FTO. Though they've been doing it before as she said..

No doubt, this is a cheaper route and i think it is even faster (Maybe with fidelity because their partner bank is Deutsch Bank)

If you need to transfer urgently, and got the money use normal means. One advice

start early just in case there are issues.
Try Fidelity and GT or any proven bank HQ
Make sure you attached all prove and state clearly on the 'Form A' what the money is for

I think its worth trying since you could save up to 200k

For those who have a fidelity bank account or want to try them.. I will look for the direct contact of the FTO officer, the Bosses and other email to copy. If you do this you should get very fast respond and treatment

All the best. I hope also it is still possible for you guys

cheers

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 4:19am On Jul 23, 2015
hi guys, can someone pls tell me how to go about this NPC and this age declaration stuff?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 23, 2015
iyke20024:

In my last statement about block account, I talked about issues with CBN and the interbank.. blablabal
However, I did with fidelity (hq) and it was quite fast. I wrote a letter explaining in details while i was transferring the money with as much prove i could muscles. I had to convince the FTO. Though they've been doing it before as she said..

No doubt, this is a cheaper route and i think it is even faster (Maybe with fidelity because their partner bank is Deutsch Bank)

If you need to transfer urgently, and got the money use normal means. One advice

start early just in case there are issues.
Try Fidelity and GT or any proven bank HQ
Make sure you attached all prove and state clearly on the 'Form A' what the money is for

I think its worth trying since you could save up to 200k

For those who have a fidelity bank account or want to try them.. I will look for the direct contact of the FTO officer, the Bosses and other email to copy. If you do this you should get very fast respond and treatment

All the best. I hope also it is still possible for you guys

cheers

What if I bank with Fidelity but its not their HQ. Its a branch in the state I bank with. Will they do the transfer for me? or i have to travel to Lagos and go to their HQ to initiate the transfer?
Please how does one transfer huge amount of money to another bank? i.e the best and cheapest way to transfer money from one bank to another without moving cash?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2015
Hello house,

Guys, please I need you to help me clarify this.

Can someone be issued a german student visa with a scholarship letter awarded by a government agency in Nigeria without the person providing the required €8000 for student visa? The scholarship is worth 30000USD.

I'm aware the sponsors they accept are those based in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2015
elnino2015:
Hello house,

Guys, please I need you to help me clarify this.

Can someone be issued a german student visa with a scholarship letter awarded by a government agency in Nigeria without the person providing the required €8000 for student visa? The scholarship is worth 30000USD.

I'm aware the sponsors they accept are those based in Germany.
In April, when the representatives from the German consulate and DAAD organised an educational forum, i asked the same question and they said, they would only likely look at Scholarship from Germany but if one (Scholarship) is from Nigeria, you should present it and they will access those scholarships from case to case basis.

I guess you will have to send them a mail using their info services or call them outrightly.

Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2015
crowns2:

What if I bank with Fidelity but its not their HQ. Its a branch in the state I bank with. Will they do the transfer for me? or i have to travel to Lagos and go to their HQ to initiate the transfer?
Please how does one transfer huge amount of money to another bank? i.e the best and cheapest way to transfer money from one bank to another without moving cash?

You could try. It will be forwarded to their HQ though.

I tried and they could do it, but the lady told me they will send to Lagos. Since I was going to Lagos, I just told her I will do it in Lagos. I just completed the form I already got from the bank office, type a letter and photocopy my document (Go with original also, sometimes they want to confirm).

So HQ would be faster and you could even know immediately if there would be issues (If the boss is available or on seat)

There should not be.

Now for any issues call this lady from HQ.. or send an email to verify from HQ. Useful Contact below

DL: 07033940591
Mobile: 07033940591
Email: Abiola.Ogundijo@fidelitybankplc.com
Abiola Ogundijo
International Operations

Copy this guys

Adeola O. Akpan
adeola.akpan@fidelitybankplc.com

Augustina N. Akabogu (Group Head, International Operations)
augustina.akabogu@fidelitybankplc.com

There was a lady that called me.. When I get her number I will post it here. The official number above might not work or get a response.

You should try email.. It should be responded to within 24 hours especially if you copied the head of International Operations

Good Luck

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 23, 2015
iyke20024:

You could try. It will be forwarded to their HQ though.

I tried and they could do it, but the lady told me they will send to Lagos. Since I was going to Lagos, I just told her I will do it in Lagos. I just completed the form I already got from the bank office, type a letter and photocopy my document (Go with original also, sometimes they want to confirm).

So HQ would be faster and you could even know immediately if there would be issues (If the boss is available or on seat)

There should not be.

Now for any issues call this lady from HQ.. or send an email to verify from HQ. Useful Contact below

DL: 07033940591
Mobile: 07033940591
Email: Abiola.Ogundijo@fidelitybankplc.com
Abiola Ogundijo
International Operations

Copy this guys

Adeola O. Akpan
adeola.akpan@fidelitybankplc.com

Augustina N. Akabogu (Group Head, International Operations)
augustina.akabogu@fidelitybankplc.com

There was a lady that called me.. When I get her number I will post it here. The official number above might not work or get a response.

You should try email.. It should be responded to within 24 hours especially if you copied the head of International Operations

Good Luck

Danke mein bruder
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Apologies for derailing. Hello all, I acquired an International Passport five years ago and I have not used it ever since due to the discrepancies in names and date of birth. Now the passport has expired and I want the correct information on the new one I am going to acquire. I would like to know if errors in name and date of birth on an International Passport can be corrected. If yes, what are the procedures as well as cost implication?
Thank you in anticipation of your responses.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2015
Good day house... Please all going to Kiel, who has been given accommodation by the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein? I just got an accommodation offer and don't know how to go about the contract (MIETVERTRAG)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kbsoft: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2015
shaqurolalekan:
God day guys, I started the process of block account at Union last wk monday, for ur infor everything went on fine dis wk, German bank has confirm d cash and email has been sent to me by German bank today
sorry by Union, do you mean Union bank? and is it their head quarters that did the transaction for you or just any branch?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sternosa: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hello all.

For those currently studying in Germany, How has it been so far?
How have you been able to handle the language barrier?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kbsoft: 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
adenjnr:
I can't really say the level as i dont know what A2/B1 entails but i still de learner sha

I didn't say i left one job for another, i said i got a 2nd job (meaning i have 2 jobs). what you get at the end of the month depends on the hours you work in a month but averagely you should get 450euros.
Sorry, by on the average do you mean weekly? cos from analysis, you are allowed 120 full days or 240 half days in a year. so say u do 3 full days in a week and 8a.m to 5p.m of work, approx. 9 hrs, you should still earn almost 1000euro or a little more in a month. plus there still might be other side stuffs u could do. i'm just saying.. Or what do you think?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Joysmart(f): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
Princesam400:
hi guys, can someone pls tell me how to go about this NPC and this age declaration stuff?
If you're not in Lagos locate the Npc head office in your state
Of residence go there with 2 passport photographs, Affidavit of age preferably sworn on your behalf by an older family member eg mother father brother sister aunty uncle etc.
And then a valid means of identification (international passport, national id or drivers license)
Price varies from state to state

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
kbsoft:
Sorry, by on the average do you mean weekly? cos from analysis, you are allowed 120 full days or 240 half days in a year. so say u do 3 full days in a week and 8a.m to 5p.m of work, approx. 9 hrs, you should still earn almost 1000euro or a little more in a month. plus there still might be other side stuffs u could do. i'm just saying.. Or what do you think?

A half day is the equivalent of 0hrs to 4hrs of work a day, while a full day is 4hrs to 8hrs of work a day. You cannot work more than 8hrs a day as a foreign student, and 20hrs a week when school is in session (except you work in your school).

So if you work 3 full days in a week, how will you study? Don't forget the minimum wage (€8 per hour). So even if you work the maximum hours in a month (80hrs), with the minimum wage, that's still €640, a far cry from your "1000euro or a little more in a month".

Conclusion: You need to drastically reduce your lofty expectation(s).

Disclaimer: My use of the minimum wage here is just for exemplary purposes, and is by no means an indicator of what you (in particular) will earn.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=Williamso post=36185326]Good day house... Please all going to Kiel, who has been given accommodation by the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein? I just got an accommodation offer and don't know how to go about the contract (MIETVERTRAG)

Moin moin........oga we neva get house ooooo........
which course are you going for please and school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.