Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997916 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
adenjnr:
Eke40seven is actually the interviewer. Sorry for the late response, its exams period and i had one yesterday. To the questions;

1) I think it depends on the course you are studying. For me, i have little or no assignments but more of presentations which entails lot of group work and no such things as impromptu test, we are even asked when we want our deadlines to be. We should just stop trying to compare education in Nigeria and here, the gap is just too wide. Work and study is not very easy especially when you are in a very demanding course and you intend to graduate with good grades but it is doable.

2) Actually i don't know how best to answer this but i will try not to make it look too easy. I do not have any language certificate but i started learning German online ever since i had the mind to study in Germany, its safe to say i understand German to some extent which actually helped. I got my 1st Job in less than 1month and the 2nd in less than 3months even though some people keep saying there is no job in the East. What actually did the magic for me is my openness to every Nigerian student i met here and the kind of people i met on ground (Big up to Topeajis once again, the guy is a real nigga).

3) Two major food in this part of Germany or maybe in general (not sure) Bread and Potatoes with lots of tomatoes and different leaves. Am an open person so i love to try everything but mostly, i do African food because it makes you spend less with Doner (Turkish) as a supporting striker.

4) If you are lucky enough to be here in August or early September, you will still meet summer sales and get cloths really cheap. you can always get your gadget from ebay or amazon (both new & old). As for okirika, Second hand store full everywhere.

5) Internet at home is really cheap depending on whether you want to have your own router(24euros) or you want to share with your apartment mates (5-10euros monthly). I share with my mates and i pay 5euros. Except you have a contract phone, on the go internet is quite expensive (9-24euros) meanwhile you have free internet in school.

6) - Be open minded, drop your sentiment and forming at the airport grin.
- Language is very very important e.g NO or LITTLE LANGUAGE = No or Menial Jobs, Just like someone said earlier, Perfect your Language and find yourself in paradise.
- Perfect your IT or Artisan Skills
- Even with the language and other skills you have, sometimes what you get is a function of the kind of people you meet. Relate with the right set of people.

7) About countries, with your resident permit/visa, you can travel 26 countries visa free in Europe and travelling elsewhere isn't really a problem.

I think have done justice to all the questions.

Disclaimer - I answered all the questions based on how have experienced Germany in Berlin and i tried as much as possible not to generalize.

Thank you very much for the beautiful responses.I really appreciate it.Bro!I have these few questions:
1.You said you don't have any German certificate,what level of German proficiency do you think you are now,A2/B1?

2.You said you left one job for another.Why?What has been the monthly wage? Has the new job been stable?are most student jobs stable?Thx

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Adenjnr, what are you studying? when does the summer semester end? Nice piece by the way.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blessingayokunl: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hi peeps,I just got my date for the student visa interview.
Can anyone in the house help me with the likely questions I need to be prepared for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
De29ja:
No... E/E

Can you be more explicit? Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hello everyone.. I tried the form A using Skye Bank. CBN sent a message that they rejected it because it was not a school account but a private account I. E my DB account. Guys pls how did y'all do it. It's very important. I need a quick response because them bank guys need answers.

Cc @ amahtrendy, Eke40seven, Ahbbiey, obiwannn kennyoguns0509
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
You guys that have paid into the blocked account. I need your help at the moment. CBN bounced my form A application.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
blessingayokunl:
Hi peeps,I just got my date for the student visa interview.
Can anyone in the house help me with the likely questions I need to be prepared for?

When did u booked and wch date was given 2 u.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:
Hello everyone.. I tried the form A using Skye Bank. CBN sent a message that they rejected it because it was not a school account but a private account I. E my DB account. Guys pls how did y'all do it. It's very important. I need a quick response because them bank guys need answers.

Cc @ amahtrendy, Eke40seven, Ahbbiey, obiwannn

ermm... I have not credited my blocked account yet...
I only used Form A for payment of accommodation (which is still being processed)

But I have some questions for you.
Did you follow all the procedures as was stated here by our ogas? i.e the admission letter, letter from the embassy/DB requesting you credit your account for living expenses in Germany? is the amount you need to take into account for living expenses written on your admission letter

You should however redirect your question to kennyoguns0509 or the other guy who used Fidelity (can't remember his monicker). They have been able to credit their accounts via Form A successfully.
Wishing you all the best.

Modified:
Oligee awfa ur accommodation payment? e don reach? abi cbn wan change am for us now?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

ermm... I have not credited my blocked account yet...
I only used Form A for payment of accommodation (which is still being processed)

But I have some questions for you.
Did you follow all the procedures as was stated here by our ogas? i.e the admission letter, letter from the embassy/DB requesting you credit your account for living expenses in Germany? is the amount you need to take into account for living expenses written on your admission letter

You should however redirect your question to kennyoguns0509 or the other guy who used Fidelity (can't remember his monicker). They have been able to credit their accounts via Form A successfully.
Wishing you all the best.

Modified:
Oligee awfa ur accommodation payment? e don reach? abi cbn wan change am for us now?

Thanks obiwannn .. Everything was done right.. All forms filled including ITF form.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:

Thanks obiwannn .. Everything was done right.. All forms filled including ITF form.

then u should not have had issues, if dem no still gree abeg suffrey go open account for Fidelity bank or union bank. their rates are also very fair....
and do this ASAP....as Euro is RISING wink.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
I REGRET EVER USING FORM A.

EVERY PROSPECT STUDENT TRYING TO PAY IN TO THE BLOCKED ACCOUNT.

RUN AWAY FROM FORM A.

FORM A IS ONLY FOR SCHOOL ACCOUNT.

YOU CAN ARGUE ALL YOU WANT ABOUT PEOPLE DOING IT ON HERE TILL CBN BOUNCES YOUR MONEY.

CBN EVEN CLEARLY STATED THAT ITS FOR SCHOOL ACCOUNT.

EVEN THE GUYS THAT DID IT ON HERE WERE TOLD BY SOME POPULAR BANKS THAT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

IT IS RISKY. AS LONG AS IT IS DB PERSONAL ACCOUNT JUST FORGET IT.

LISTEN GOOD! USE MONEY GRAM OR TRANSFER VIA A DORM ACCOUNT OR CHANGE UR MONEY TO EUROS OR SOMETHING AND SEND.

PLS DON'T EVEN PROVE JACK ON HERE ABOUT FORM A. I KNOW WHAT I'M EXPERIENCING AT THE MOMENT.

WHAT THE BANK WILL CHARGE ME AND ALL I DON'T KNOW! .

MY EXPERIENCE TODAY.

IT IS WELL.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:

Cc @ amahtrendy, Eke40seven, Ahbbiey, obiwannn kennyoguns0509

dolpaz n I also experienced dat @ stanbic IBTC but union bank finally help situation within 5 working days DB confirmed my payment. Just try other bank n if you are in Lagos just go to union bank headquarter @marina or fidelity
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:

RUN AWAY FROM FORM A.

YOU CAN ARGUE ALL YOU WANT ABOUT PEOPLE DOING IT ON HERE TILL CBN BOUNCES YOUR MONEY.

EVEN THE GUYS THAT DID IT ON HERE WERE TOLD BY SOME POPULAR BANKS THAT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

LISTEN GOOD! USE MONEY GRAM OR TRANSFER VIA A DORM ACCOUNT OR CHANGE UR MONEY TO EUROS OR SOMETHING AND SEND.

PLS DON'T EVEN PROVE JACK ON HERE ABOUT FORM A. I KNOW WHAT I'M EXPERIENCING AT THE MOMENT

MY EXPERIENCE TODAY.

IT IS WELL.

Bro you av to state it clearly dat d $8040 is for school fee//study finance because the confirmation letter from DB stated dat ur $8040 is for study finance I did my transaction successfully @ Union headquarter.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
I got this from one of the schools I applied to

1.Is it possible to apply for applicant visa in Nigeria?
2. Has anyone been granted a visa through that?

3.I'm still expecting responses from two schools in southern Germany, do you advise that I should wait for there responses?

4.Is anyone going to FH Lübeck? Does anyone know anything about the school and its environs or do you know anyone that has information about d school and its environment as per schooling and student job?

5.I wish to work in an industry,do you think FH Lübeck is suitable for me?
Pls help!

Uni-Assist has forwarded your application documents to the University of Applied Sciences Luebeck. The selection procedure is carried out usually four weeks after the application deadline (15 July and 15 January).
Please note! It often takes several months for a visa to be issued. It is therefore important to apply for an applicant visa as soon as possible so that you can arrive before your course starts. You should not wait to receive confirmation of a study place, as the admission letters arrives very late in Germany (early mid-August and mid-February). It is preferable to apply for an applicant visa with this confirmation of application and then convert it to a residence permit for study purposes in Germany.
More useful information can be found at: https://www.daad.de/deutschland/in-deutschland/en/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:
RUN AWAY FROM FORM A.
PLS DON'T EVEN PROVE JACK ON HERE ABOUT FORM A. I KNOW WHAT I'M EXPERIENCING AT THE MOMENT.
MY EXPERIENCE TODAY.
IT IS WELL.
Bros calm down eee.....You just dey make noise for here. Na like this you wan go dey do for Germany when you are faced with a lil challenge? Before you know, you will come back here and say You regret ever going to Germany, same Germany that someone is about sponsoring his own younger brother move over there.
People have used it and it worked, unless CBN just decided to change things overnight. You tried it, e no work; use the next alternative. No come here dey spew trash! It only makes you look childish. And please modify that rubbish you put up there.
#PARAMODE angry

kennyoguns0509:

Bro you av to state it clearly dat d $8040 is for school fee//study finance because the confirmation letter from DB stated dat ur $8040 is for study finance I did my transaction successfully @ Union headquarter.
Mhen, me just taya for the guy o..No be wetin u use? DB never credit ur account? Which one is CBN will bounce ur money

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

Bros calm down eee.....You just dey make noise for here. Na like this you wan go dey do for Germany when you are faced with a lil challenge? Before you know, you will come back here and say You regret ever going to Germany, same Germany that someone is about sponsoring his own younger brother move over there.
People have used it and it worked, unless CBN just decided to change things overnight. You tried it, e no work; use the next alternative. No come here dey spew trash! It only makes you look childish. And please modify that rubbish you put up there.
#PARAMODE angry

Mhen, me just taya for the guy o..No be wetin u use? DB never credit ur account? Which one is CBN will bounce ur money

Watching in 3D cool cool cool cool cool

Patience ! Patience !! Patience !!! is the key to anything. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
honourableseyi:

Are you with ND or HND ?
HND sorry for the late response! !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

Bros calm down eee.....Yod just dey make noise for here. Na like this you wan go dey do for Germany when you are faced with a lil challenge? Before you know, you will say You regret ever going to Germany, same Germany that someone is about sponsoring his own younger brother move over there.
You tried it, e no work; use the next alternative. No come here dey spew trash! It only makes you look childish. And please modify that rubbish you put up there.
#PARAMODE angry

Wait. So I shouldn't discuss my experience.. Only sweet ones abi. The form A thing has been made to look like walk over on here. I followed instructions it didn't work.

The information is for potential people to be cautious about it.
The one that worked kennyoguns0509 said na headquarter things for lag.

Pls don't even tell me about para. Cs most of ur own talk as hint of PARA almost everytime.

Definitely this challenge shall pass. But don't tell me not to para cs of my experience today just scroll over in peace.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
uchezdedon:

I thought u are going for B.sc./ B.Eng.
yes am going for B.Eng. will be using my HND.
mechanical or aeronautic or mechatronics engineering.
sorry for the late response
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Well I just an experience some moment ago. Pls we should not shy away from posting unpleasant happenings so that others can learn.
We are all here to help each other.

I would blame the bank manager for not stopping it. Because He said it's against CBN policy and all that stuff. Though he saw my admission letter,academic transcript and also the confirmation of blocked account letter and Still went ahead.

Kennyoguns0509 thanks for the advice you gave I do appreciate. I will be using a dorm account this time around.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
About the form A stuff......its really frustrating, but am not frustrated, have been on it here in Ibadan since last week.., my conclusions;

1. most of the bank branches are not familiar with such transfer, as some of them have never done transferring money to a personal account except school account.. the woman incharge of foreign fund transfer at a first bank branch in ibadan told me point blank she doesn't want to risk it as shes going to loose a kind of points from their HQ if she doesn't get it right....she even gave me the Form A to take to their other branches(as a branch told me they don't have form A)............it's better to initiate these transfer from the bank Head office.

2. i was also told at union bank that i can't use a new account for these transaction, that i must have been running an account with them.

3. @ twinkle......its like the staff at skye made a mistake while filling the online fund transfer request, as the formA is just the hardcopy, there is a softcopy to be filled online by the bank official..(the woman at firstbank took pain to show me every thing she even pleaded with me to please try their other branches..,she no wan enter wahala.)......and if you are rich enough buy Euro from mallam and fund your dorm account .....

4. i will be having my interview next week and i plan to sort it out by then in the banks head office(s)

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
aibee01:
About the form A stuff......its really frustrating, but am not frustrated, have been on it here in Ibadan since last week.., my conclusions;

1. most of the bank branches are not familiar with such transfer, as some of them have never done transferring money to a personal account except school account.. the woman incharge of foreign fund transfer at a first bank branch in ibadan told me point blank she doesn't want to risk it as shes going to loose a kind of points from their HQ if she doesn't get it right....she even gave me the Form A to take to their other branches(as a branch told me they don't have form A)............it's better to initiate these transfer from the bank Head office.

2. i was also told at union bank that i can't use a new account for these transaction, that i must have been running an account with them.

3. @ twinkle......its like the staff at skye made a mistake while filling the online fund transfer request, as the formA is just the hardcopy, there is a softcopy to be filled online by the bank official..(the woman at firstbank took pain to show me every thing she even pleaded with me to please try their other branches..,she no wan enter wahala.)......and if you are rich enough buy Euro from mallam and fund your dorm account .....

4. i will be having my interview next week and i plan to sort it out by then in the banks head office(s)

God bless you.
Prospective students with blocked account as option need this advice .

To avoid any wahala. Na dorm account shikena or one should go to head office as a Nairalander on here said.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swtxt(f): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
I'm also experiencing some blocked account/form A wahala... How exactly did you guys fund? And how much? 7908 or 8040?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
swtxt:
I'm also experiencing some blocked account/form A wahala... How exactly did you guys fund? And how much? 7908 or 8040?

I'm happy y'all are coming out now.
From what I have heard on here it's STRICTLY head office things.

You are To fund at least 8090 not 8040 o.. It's stated in the blocked account confirmation letter that the Bank will CHARGE €50 euros.

To be on the safest side at least 8100. DB fit get some tiny hidden charges.. ****my opinion ****
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
This whole Form A / Dorm account argument is confusing.
Anyway, I recently paid for accomodation and I used Dorm account. My payment reflected in 3 days.

When I started reading this Form A thing here I felt maybe it was because of the huge sum involved.

As it is now, I guess I will have to use the dorm account method when DB eventually sends my account details.

I cant handle the plenty stories behind this Form A thing.
But then again some people have used it and it worked.

Time to disturb google with Form A questions.... bye guys
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ceeesaw:
This whole Form A / Dorm account argument is confusing.
Anyway, I recently paid for accomodation and I used Dorm account. My payment reflected in 3 days.

When I started reading this Form A thing here I felt maybe it was because of the huge sum involved.

As it is now, I guess I will have to use the dorm account method when DB eventually sends my account details.

I cant handle the plenty stories behind this Form A thing.
But then again some people have used it and it worked.

Time to disturb google with Form A questions.... bye guys

Studentenwerk accommodation?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool

Well, u might have tried it and didn't work out for You, Dat doesn't mean it didn't work for others...

If Uve been following news, everyone should NOTE dat CBN is really hyper sensitive dis days about forex and as things stands today 1euro = #262 @d black market ...

Don't try to take Ur frustration out on any1 here because any ADVICE u get here isn't COMPULSORY... we're all just trying to help each other out as NIGERIANS...

My take: U should be very clear wen explaining to the bank official so he/she will understand why Ure transferring d forex ...

U might as well try the headquarters because not all the branch officials have d experience in dealing with dis kind of transfer...

EXCEPT THE CBN HAS FINALLY BREAK THE BACK OF THE CAMEL... WATCHING HOW IT ALL PLAYS OUT IN 3D... cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swtxt(f): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:

I'm happy y'all are coming out now.
From what I have heard on here it's STRICTLY head office things.

You are To fund at least 8090 not 8040 o.. It's stated in the blocked account confirmation letter that the Bank will CHARGE €50 euros.

To be on the safest side at least 8100. DB fit get some tiny hidden charges.. ****my opinion ****
Is it this letter that you should go to the bank with? They asked for any letter from the school or embassy that specifically states the amount that needs to be credited and not only from the bank ... I'm confused sef
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
twinkle1:

Studentenwerk accommodation?
Yeah
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
aibee01:

u re right most banks/workers re not familiar with d form A isshhhh. I tried more than 4 banks in Lagos. @aibee don't bother or stress yourself much since u re in Ibadan just go to union bank @secretariat I will send u a guy contact he will surely initiate d transfer for u d guy is a union bank staff. Any d Dom stuff ah no b small diff ok but If u av d money just budget 2m plus while form A is just 1.850m
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
swtxt:

Is it this letter that you should go to the bank with? They asked for any letter from the school or embassy that specifically states the amount that needs to be credited and not only from the bank ... I'm confused sef

Needed document for d form A transfer original passport
Admission letter
NYSC certificate
Letter from d embassy for d opening of block account
Confirmation letter from DB bank

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
swtxt:

Check the confirmation letter DB sent to you in addition indicate d money is for school fee/ study finance

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.