Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997102 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
zeeblamj:

People who have national visas do not need return tickets. Just buy a one way ticket ok? Nobody (immigration) or police officers will ask u for a return ticket in Frankfurt. If anyone asks in Nigeria tell them u have a national visa and not a tourist visa

True smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
skills50:
Hi house
I want to study medicine in germany, Please i need information on how to go with the application processes thanks

Bro, start from www.daad.de/en

Also I know of the medical schools at Berlin (it is called Charite, I guess) and that at LMU Munich. Google these two and start from there. But use DAAD to help you list out the schools.

All the best!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
zeeblamj:

With this I can't help unfortunately. I use Lufthansa airlines and I think people have been saying its the most expensive . I hope the other guys have better choices. I also use KLM, Dutch airline. It's a bit cheaper than Lufthansa I think by like 800 euros

800 euro? I guess its to and fro right?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
BTW, the intensive language course at the Goethe Institut has been fantastic. It's our second day and I can say that I have learnt a lot.

Wintersemester here we come grin

We all will make it!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
Oye50:
Fidelity bank is getting more and more familiar with our process. I got there this afternoon to process the form A. I was directed to Adeola at the intl office (she's in charge). She didn't allow me to explain b4 she said 'yeah I know, 8040 euros for blocked account and all'.I submitted every doc needed and she told me they ll alert me once they sort with FX. Guys if u are still doubting, fidelity process the form for blocked acct
Bro please which branch did you use? What were the exchange rate and charges you were given?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
uchezdedon:

What I meant is that KLM is cheaper than Lufthansa by like 800 euros. My return ticket to Germany with KLM is for 1563 euros. I flew back to Naija with Lufthansa for like 2100 euros. It depends on when u book ur flight though. Some people are luckier
Lol 800 euros for a return ticket? Impossible! But I don't know oo. I use Lufthansa or KLM and they are quite expensive but very comfortable. Please ask the other guys maybe they know cheaper airlines. I can't help u in this case

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
@ lmuhopeful
Thanks for ur response, i need information about charite university of medicine berlin, i heard they collaborate with free university of berlin and another university in berlin, help me with information Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
crowns2:

Bro please which branch did you use? What were the exchange rate and charges you were given?
As at today it was 220, they usually add 2 naira to the CBN rate but this night it went down to 216, the CBN rate I mean, so logically their rate shld be 218 now. It's always updated on their website and in every branch u go. After the calculations, their charges is around 14k.
I went to their headquarters at Kofo Abayomi, Victoria Island, Lagos

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
uchezdedon:

ogagaejay:
Which airline can I get the least expensive ticket?

I think we previously discussed this here. The cheapest remains turkish airline. As at today, itz still 125k ( €577)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 10:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
[quote author=ogagaejay post=36611646]Which airline can I get the least expensive ticket?
Emirates and Turkish airline

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kelvinpam:

I think we previously discussed this here. The cheapest remains turkish airline. As at today, itz still 125k ( €577)
The flight makes stops on the way right? With these prices? Cause I spend 6hr 15 mins on d plane and no matter how early I book I must pay at least 1500 euros with Lufthansa. When it's late it's even more.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
zeeblamj:

The flight makes stops on the way right? With these prices? Cause I spend 6hr 15 mins on d plane and no matter how early I book I must pay at least 1500 euros with Lufthansa. When it's late it's even more.

Yea 1 stop @ istanbul. Seems you love ur comfort so much. You didnt go to Germany with naija mentality.
Na to reach there sure pass. Any which way grin grin

A guy on this thread also warned against using african airlines to embark on the journey to germany. They are usually cheaper but dey have lots of stops and at d end, It might probably end in delays or abandoned flight.

Lufthansa is german owned so I guess u always patronise them to avoid any stories regardless of the fare. We will all get there.
Nice job u are doin ma'am.
First hand info. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2015
@ zeeblamj...Great job Ure doing here... keep it rolling...

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2015
zeeblamj:

Well I just found the thread. I hardly ever had time before. I Have to run my family and stuff. I am in Abuja for a vacation. Visiting my fam. That's y I have time. I am glad I can help.
We are happy to have u Here Ma..... God bless u and ur family....
Am going to the German embassy tomorrow morning for the block account stuff....

I don't know how long it will take Tum munich to decide on.my application oooo.....I applied late shaaa..... I'm bothered now...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Oye50:

As at today it was 220, they usually add 2 naira to the CBN rate but this night it went down to 216, the CBN rate I mean, so logically their rate shld be 218 now. It's always updated on their website and in every branch u go. After the calculations, their charges is around 14k.
I went to their headquarters at Kofo Abayomi, Victoria Island, Lagos
Bless you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Atigba: 7:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Eke40seven:

International Business Management and similar courses like that for masters are one of the most fiercely competitive programme in Germany. Despite the fact that they are more available in Universities of Applied Sciences.

@Atigba, your German grade is like 3.0, in truth, your chances are quite slim, the masters programmes that will admit you ur quite few, however, you can apply for a Bsc in a higher semester to boost your chances. That will act as your PGD. Get your IELTS and if possible add a GMAT and things like that.
Thanks for your advice I appreciate

Do you know anything about the school of economics and law - Berlin
What are the chances of getting admission there, they have a course that suit my discipline though their tuition fee is on the high side I don't mine.

I wanted to apply for masters in financial and management Accounting (MA FAMA)
Fees 7500 USD

Their requirement are:

Credit FCTS

90 ECTS
IELTS 6.5
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Atigba: 7:14am On Aug 05, 2015
dolpaz:

Just try out your luck in International Business management. though with your Edu cert, am not so certain. You already have some work experience which also counts. In order to secure admission, try and apply for german class. at least A1, (It sure helps) register for Toefl/IELTS and have an overall band score of 0ver 6.5

Then fire your application for summer semester.

Hope it works for you
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dehonourable: 7:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Guten Morgen alles,

With due respect to every members of this forum. I will like to use this medium to appeal to all the members who are at the verge of visiting the embassy for one reason or the other. We should learn to keep some activities confidential. You can recall what happened to one of our members last year Sept/October by username "Betty" I stand to be corrected. She went to the embassy to pick up her visa and other documents in which she took a taxi back home. Unfortunately, she was attacked by the taxi driver & made away with all her belongs visa inclusive. Thank God Embassy later re-considered her predicament.

Please, lets act accordingly for our safety because we are on a faceless forum.

Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro. I chose LMU because I would like to study Geophysics. At KIT I would be studying Optics and Photonics in the programme known as KSOP. Even though I like the course, I prefer Geophysics, and that's just the reason I chose LMU.

Besides, LMU is also a top school (I noticed they were the most successful university in the Excellence Initiative organised by the German government) wink

P.S. How come I didn't see this post yesterday

lemme guess you studied physics..... well am thinking of specializing in geophysics also... what course did you study in undergraduate and please what and what was requested for admission and pls what the range of CGPA used as we dey nuture gp so as to no how hard to nuture it...undergoing IT now
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2015
sonyville:

We are happy to have u Here Ma..... God bless u and ur family....
Am going to the German embassy tomorrow morning for the block account stuff....

I don't know how long it will take Tum munich to decide on.my application oooo.....I applied late shaaa..... I'm bothered now...
Hopefully it will all be fine. Did u already make ur visa interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Kelvinpam:

Yea 1 stop @ istanbul. Seems you love ur comfort so much. You didnt go to Germany with naija mentality.
Na to reach there sure pass. Any which way grin grin

A guy on this thread also warned against using african airlines to embark on the journey to germany. They are usually cheaper but dey have lots of stops and at d end, It might probably end in delays or abandoned flight.

Lufthansa is german owned so I guess u always patronise them to avoid any stories regardless of the fare. We will all get there.
Nice job u are doin ma'am.
First hand info. Keep it up.
Lol well u are right about me. I love my comfort! I have hardly ever flown when I knew I had to stop somewhere. One time I had to stop at Paris with KLM. The only reason I booked it was I hadnt been to Paris then. Lol. I wanted to breathe the country's air at least. Thanks guysy. U guys have been nice.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 9:03am On Aug 05, 2015
zeeblamj:

What I meant is that KLM is cheaper than Lufthansa by like 800 euros. My return ticket to Germany with KLM is for 1563 euros. I flew back to Naija with Lufthansa for like 2100 euros. It depends on when u book ur flight though. Some people are luckier
Lol 800 euros for a return ticket? Impossible! But I don't know oo. I use Lufthansa or KLM and they are quite expensive but very comfortable. Please ask the other guys maybe they know cheaper airlines. I can't help u in this case

@uchezedon

To book a cheap flight.

Go to skyscannerdotcom

Make a search for your destination.

Also compare with tripadvisordotcom

You can even create price alert..

With this two option you can narrow your search down to the cheapest. You don't have to book or get the ticket with them.

Next go to the individual airline to check the prices.

I book my flight anytime i travel and its always less than 1000 dollars. You should get a one way ticket for around 450 - 500$

If you need help just let me know your desired date of departure and I can help you. All you need to do is send me your information or where to send the ticket and you pay yourself.

but you should be able to do it yourself

All the best

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2015
iyke20024:

@uchezedon

To book a cheap flight.

Go to skyscannerdotcom

Make a search for your destination.

Also compare with tripadvisordotcom

You can even create price alert..

With this two option you can narrow your search down to the cheapest. You don't have to book or get the ticket with them.

Next go to the individual airline to check the prices.

I book my flight anytime i travel and its always less than 1000 dollars. You should get a one way ticket for around 450 - 500$

If you need help just let me know your desired date of departure and I can help you. All you need to do is send me your information or where to send the ticket and you pay yourself.

but you should be able to do it yourself

All the best
I actually don't need a ticket. I like my airlines just fine. Somebody had talked abt prices and I was suprised at how cheap it was. With these flights u are talking abt u have to make at least one or two stops, which I am unwilling to make. I prefer to spend my money and be safe and comfortable.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 9:23am On Aug 05, 2015
for security reasons, I'll advise new incoming to take a direct flight to Germany,it would save you alot
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2015
styles2009:
for security reasons, I'll advise new incoming to take a direct flight to Germany,it would save you alot

Exactly my point! I hate switching planes or waiting and stuff. It's not safe in my opinion.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 9:30am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello guys, still on the flight issue, when you make stops, do you need a transit visa?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blessingayokunl: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2015
Hi guys,
Please can I process and get my visa successfully without my future place of residence been required as I have not gotten any accomodation offer
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2015
Guys I would like to know if you need a transit visa when you make stops?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2015
rockybalboa123:
Hi House. First time dropping in. Must commend you guys on all the information provided. Massive massive stuff.
My interview's next week and I seek an opinion on whether to say I am sponsoring myself (Which I really am) or to say parents. My account is funded with the 8K already. I am just thinking if the guys at the consulate won't start to think about how I will fund the second year, since the 8k is upkeep for a year. Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.

The guys at the consulate are really not concerned about how you fund your second year. The rule only covers the first year.

If you have got some years of working experience and especially if you are married, the VO will expect you to sponsor yourself! I had the experience during my interview where I was trying to explain to the VO that a member of my family would be sponsoring me. She simply asked me who is funding this whole process right now? (applications, blocked account funding, travelling, accommodation. etc.). I said I am but in case I need anything in future, that member of my family will be responsible. She answered then you are sponsoring yourself and she wrote that in.

My point is if you have been working for a while with more than enough saved up to cover all your expenses for the first year, then that suffices for them and thus no harm in that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2015
ogagaejay:
Guys I would like to know if you need a transit visa when you make stops?
If ur stops are in Schengen areas then u probably do not need transit visas.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2015
@All

What happens when one default in the monthly insurance payment? Do you get penalized or will your insurance get cancelled?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blessingayokunl: 9:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Hi guys,
Please can I process and get my visa successfully without my future place of residence been required as I have not gotten any accomodation offer

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.