Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995730 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sobakz: 9:51am On Aug 06, 2015
scofield03:

please, did you use a savings or current acct? I heard from one of their branches that they can only do form A transaction via current account.
I used a current acct. But I know som1 that said he used savings. I don't think it really matters. I might be wrong.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2015
crowns2:

Hello Bro. So I finally did my transaction yesterday. Thank you so much for the info. Can you believe that up to the Branch manager no one was familiar with the blocked account process. Finally i asked them to call Adeola at head office and immediately she was called she asked them to scan my documents to her. Phew! undecided so i am waiting to get an alert. They refused to tell me the exchange rate though. They said the rate for Form A is always different from the one they use for other transactions.
Please how long do you think it will take before the Deutsche bank will receive this money and send the alert to me?
Thank God you finally did it. Adeola told me once they sort out with FX they'll get it done and it's within a week or so. So just relax and you'll be alerted soon. Every other person going to Fidelity Bank, if you can't get to the headquarters, just tell them to call Adeola as Crown did, it'll save u some stress
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2015
scofield03:

please, did you use a savings or current acct? I heard from one of their branches that they can only do form A transaction via current account.

You can use a saving or current account. The important thing is you tell them which one to debit.

If your bank insist you get a current account it will be that they want you to run a current account..Its not in CBN policy

Try other branch you might be surprise that savings account will work for it
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Form A with GTBank? You need a Current Account. I lost 3 days because I was using a savings acct. They finally called to ask me to move it to my current since I already have. I did and got debited in 30mins.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2015
My regards goes to Eke47 who has been profusely advising me no matter hw many times I asked him questions.......he neva get tired of answering my stupid questions. ...back to my testimony....I did my interview today ...it's the same old questions we hv been seeing.....na the chinko German woman that interviewed me.......her first question wasnt pleasant as ..... she asked me where am I going to? I told her magdeburg (my heart skipped immediately and my brain said to me I should hv mentioned the name of my school but no shaking).....I immediately re adjusted as she asked me why do u want to study this course .......I threw her off balance ( my people ..u might not want to hear wht I told her) ....the next questions where ......y German and not uk. ..Canada. ....usa etc........please my people pay attention to y u want to study ur MSc in germany ...she asked me these question like 3 times but in different grammatical construction .......be smart enough to identify that it's the same question......I was just saying as I earlier said ..........as I earlier said blah blah blah......
For the block account I used sterling bank and they hv debited me but am yet to receive notification from DB....THE exchange rate was 219.83........so u see that sterling bank rocks ....when I get my notification ...I would send details on how my fellow naira landers can process theirs .....
danke........tschus

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2015
iyke20024:

Not bad. You can get TUM. Focus more on your motivation letter. They also prefer related working experience abroad. As far as your cgpa meets their requirements. It would not be the only reason why you were not accepted. Especially if the course is not restricted for admission.
If they can turn down first class tells you its not just an issue of your cgpa.

Remember they also do interview

To be safe apply to more university. Have a mix. Top university. Middle and so on. Maybe two from each categories.

Regards

The point I was trying to underline is the fiercely competitive nature of the admission - so much so that a student with very high undergraduate CGPA from Nigeria can be rejected. Good statements of purpose and letters of recommendation sure helps, but especially when they are unsure about Nigeria's academic standard as it is, one's grades in the relevant subjects - to which the CGPA is directly related - is the most important factor, and a 3.30 CGPA on a 5.0 scale might simply not cut it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2015
Hello guys can my gtbank dorm account also serve as a current account.cos i knw a dorm is a current account.i nid expert opinion pls.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 11:37am On Aug 06, 2015
nellyb24:
Hello guys can my gtbank dorm account also serve as a current account.cos i knw a dorm is a current account.i nid expert opinion pls.

Yes because it has a valid means of identification and your dorm account can be debited for any transaction.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2015
number13:

The point I was trying to underline is the fiercely competitive nature of the admission - so much so that a student with very high undergraduate CGPA from Nigeria can be rejected. Good statements of purpose and letters of recommendation sure helps, but especially when they are unsure about Nigeria's academic standard as it is, one's grades in the relevant subjects - to which the CGPA is directly related - is the most important factor, and a 3.30 CGPA on a 5.0 scale might simply not cut it.
Then what reason did they give your first class friend for his rejection? I think we should take note of the fact that indians and chinese apply to these courses too year in year out, and in addition to their first class grades, they also have very good practical work and experience in related fields, some have high GRE scores, or have made researches and published journals even from their school days, so sometimes our work experience and motivation letter or 1000 words essay(sometimes required by TUM) would have to be powerful as well to keep us in the competition.Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2015
futurewise11:

Yes because it has a valid means of identification and your dorm account can be debited for any transaction.
so does that mean i can transfer the naira frm my gtb savings acct to my gtb dorm account and den make use of the form A.thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 06, 2015
Just reading that CBN wants to put a stop or minimise Dorm accounts.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2015
kciano:
My regards goes to Eke47 who has been profusely advising me no matter hw many times I asked him questions.......he neva get tired of answering my stupid questions. ...back to my testimony....I did my interview today ...it's the same old questions we hv been seeing.....na the chinko German woman that interviewed me.......her first question wasnt pleasant as ..... she asked me where am I going to? I told her magdeburg (my heart skipped immediately and my brain said to me I should hv mentioned the name of my school but no shaking).....I immediately re adjusted as she asked me why do u want to study this course .......I threw her off balance ( my people ..u might not want to hear wht I told her) ....the next questions where ......y German and not uk. ..Canada. ....usa etc........please my people pay attention to y u want to study ur MSc in germany ...she asked me these question like 3 times but in different grammatical construction .......be smart enough to identify that it's the same question......I was just saying as I earlier said ..........as I earlier said blah blah blah......
For the block account I used sterling bank and they hv debited me but am yet to receive notification from DB....THE exchange rate was 219.83........so u see that sterling bank rocks ....when I get my notification ...I would send details on how my fellow naira landers can process theirs .....
danke........tschus
there was a post on documents listed for interview. Did they still require a scratch card, and the biography old docs? Because from the list posted here, it is no longer required.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
Galads:
there was a post on documents listed for interview. Did they still require a scratch card, and the biography old docs? Because from the list posted here, it is no longer required.

I submitted my waec scratch card and biographically old documents .....I guess it was the naija woman that didn't request for that but the German woman collected both documents from me

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
nellyb24:
so does that mean i can transfer the naira frm my gtb savings acct to my gtb dorm account and den make use of the form A.thanks

No.you cant transfer naira into a dorm account.your savings account will be debited for the transaction.your dorm account can just serve them for valid means of ID.becuase it has same means of id just like a current acct
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
kciano:
danke........tschus
Congrats bro, I'm happy for you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
crowns2:
Just reading that CBN wants to put a stop or minimise Dorm accounts.

Yeap.dorm acct cash deposit.but wire transfer is allow.its a temporary fiscal control policy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
kilo4sure:

Congrats bro, I'm happy for you.

danke bruder
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
kciano:
danke........tschus
Thanks for d information bro!
1.Wot doc did u use as proof of financial means?
2.Can one use slip collected wen applying for blocked acct,if one has not received alert from Deutsche bank?
3.Is d declaration of age from Ikeja acceptable without NPC?
4.Which schl certificates did u go wit?Did u only go wit BSc cert or u went wit transcript,waec cert,profesional exp cert,CV etc?
5.Did u submit waec scratch card?
6.Did u submit passport photograph?If yes,how many?How was d passport taken(I mean d description)?
5.How many sets of visa application forms did u go wit?Must it b filled wit blocked letters althrough?
6.Must d fotocopies b colourful?
7 Can one fill d visa application forms wit black ink pen instead of online?
8.How did u arrange d docs?
Bro!I would b grateful,if u cud do justice to dese questions. Thx!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
adeboye1000:

2.Can one use slip collected wen applying for blocked acct,if one has not received alert from Deutsche bank?
4.Which schl certificates did u go wit?Did u only go wit BSc cert or u went wit transcript,waec cert,profesional exp cert,CV etc?
6.Did u submit passport photograph?If yes,how many?How was d passport taken(I mean d description)?
5.How many sets of visa application forms did u go wit?Must it b filled wit blocked letters althrough?

1, I used the one DB sent to me by mail but one of my friend hasn't gotten the mail so he went with the slip embassy gave him and they accepted it..
3. I used the declaration of age I got from Ikeja High court.
4..I went with waec...bsc certificate...nysc certificate and biographically old document ...
5.yes I submitted my waec scratch card
6...tell the photograph to snap u 8 in 1
take 2 visa application forms
For ur own good fill it in block letters for legibility purposes
I filled my visa application fee with my laptop and printed it..
use the arrangement they posted here by Dolpaz to arrange urs ...

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
kciano:

1, I used the one DB sent to me by mail but one of my friend hasn't gotten the mail so he went with the slip embassy gave him and they accepted it..
3. I used the declaration of age I got from Ikeja High court.
4..I went with waec...bsc certificate...nysc certificate and biographically old document ...
5.yes I submitted my waec scratch card
6...tell the photograph to snap u 8 in 1
take 2 visa application forms
For ur own good fill it in block letters for legibility purposes
I filled my visa application fee with my laptop and printed it..
use the arrangement they posted here by Dolpaz to arrange urs ...
Thank you very much bro!I really appreciate your swift response.I still ve dese few questions
1.Wot doc did u use as bibliographic old doc?Vacinnation cad?Was it backdated?According to wot dolpaz posted here, der is nothing lyk bibliographic old doc on d list.
2.How many copies of passport photograph did u use?
3.Must d photopies of some docs(application form,Intl paspot data page,admission letaetc) b colorful
4.Did u go wit pry schl leaving cert?
5.Pls wot yr did u finish nysc?Did u go wit any proof of professional exp?Did she ask u wot u ve bin doing after Nysc?What did u tell her?
I should b ready for d interview, if u cud help provide answers to dese?Thanks once again
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
adeboye1000:

Thank you very much bro!I really appreciate your swift response.I still ve dese few questions
1.Wot doc did u use as bibliographic old doc?Vacinnation cad?Was it backdated?According to wot dolpaz posted here, der is nothing lyk bibliographic old doc on d list.
2.How many copies of passport photograph did u use?
3.Must d photopies of some docs(application form,Intl paspot data page,admission letaetc) b colorful
4.Did u go wit pry schl leaving cert?
5.Pls wot yr did u finish nysc?Did u go wit any proof of professional exp?Did she ask u wot u ve bin doing after Nysc?What did u tell her?
I should b ready for d interview, if u cud help provide answers to dese?Thanks once again

I used my school health card as biographically old documents
I stapled 2 passports on each of my visa application form and she collected extra one passport from me....making it 3 passports in all.
photocopies of documents must not be colourful.......some people came with black and white and it was accepted....
I didn't go with my primary school certificate....it's not needed..
I finished nysc 2013
I didn't go with any professional certificate cos it was not required ........
I told her I hv been working after my nysc and am stil working nw ..I asked her if she wants to see my employment letter and she said no
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
kuthvic:

Hey NOUN Accept distinction HND 4 Masters .some other Nigerian Universities may also

Which NOUN are you talking about? Where did you get this info? Can you please just copy and paste it here so that we can see and learn from it? Anyway, NOUN also accept O'level without Jamb or post-utme, other Nigerian universities will do the same going by your analogy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
futurewise11:

Why use a dorm account. Even if a dorm account can only be funded in foreign currency. It means they will debit your dorm. It forfeit the whole form A thing or idea. However with new cbn policy you can not credit your dorm. only through foreign transfer.

Since you have a dorm with gtb, you should have a current account tied to it. Ask for that. Don't use the dorm even if you already get EUR there.

Me I get dorm account and EUR there. But I sold the EUR for black market (transaction was even done at the bank) and buy through form A . This way I saved over 150k
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
kuthvic:

I just corrected a misconception that Even in Nigeria, no school will accept HND for Msc without PGD . Heading 2 Germany does not mean u should ignore errors in other areas when u see them .

What misconception and error are you talking about? Why are you talking as if you are sure of what you are saying. You are correcting error by using "may"; does that implies that you are sure of it? Can you please give us the names of those universities that will accept HND or Msc? Even if that is possible, how many students can boast of distinction?

This is the NOUN admission advert. Kindly identify where you can be offer admission for Msc with your HND ( Be it distinction or whatever)
"IV POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree
Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of
NOUN; or
a) Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions
recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
b) Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a
minimum of L.L.B degree.
c) candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and
Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class
division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3
years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric
Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of
Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and
Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by
NOUN are admitable.
d) candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and
Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related
field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a
science subject and 2 other subjects.

V MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
a) A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a
University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or
study.
b) A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University
recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
c) A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences,
Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any
University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
d) Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS
Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and
management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a
science subject and 2 other subjects.

VI. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) PROGRAMMES
i. For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must
possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University
recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gcapable(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
futurewise11:

Yeap.dorm acct cash deposit.but wire transfer is allow.its a temporary fiscal control policy.
it is more of exchange rate intervention
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
adeboye1000:

Nice one Kciano.

I have some little question.

1) Did you go with Photocopies of your employment letter(s) If yes, how many copies? cos on the embassy checklist, they asked for professional training/ work experience (if applicable)

2) Did you also photocopy your old biological documents or just the document alone.

3) During your interview, were you able to answer all the questions supplied?

4) Did you meet anyone going for Bsc/Msc who was served questions?

I believe one needs to go to the embassy with the embassy checklist but arranged in the new checklist I posted some weeks ago.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
aibee01:

shey na Germany you wan go or Noun...why can't you guys take time to read through the thread.,you just kept asking questions that has been dealt with severally....Though i have been on this 2nd part since March but the moment i got admitted around mid June i went to read the part one from the very first page to the last past.....its because of this kinda of people guys like eke47 and co don wan turn ghost followers now.

I wonder oooo bro. I think I am at fault here. I shouldn't have answered in the first place since the questions have been dealt with on this thread times without number. I answered because he asked the same question on another education thread.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
dolpaz:

Nice one Kciano.

I have some little question.

1) Did you go with Photocopies of your employment letter(s) If yes, how many copies? cos on the embassy checklist, they asked for professional training/ work experience (if applicable)

2) Did you also photocopy your old biological documents or just the document alone.

3) During your interview, were you able to answer all the questions supplied?

4) Did you meet anyone going for Bsc/Msc who was served questions?

I believe one needs to go to the embassy with the embassy checklist but arranged in the new checklist I posted some weeks ago.

I went with original documents of my employment letter...I did not submit any employment letter..I only went with them incase she asks..
I photocopied 2 copies of my biological old documents....
I believe I answered all the questions dat she asked me....
I met one guy dia ..he said he was going for bsc ...but I did my interview before him so I don't know whether he was given a test or not ......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
kciano:
danke........tschus
Congrats bro! nice meeting you and members of your Goethe summer class crew today.

I later got to know today that the summer class will not earn you an A1 cert like that of the normal class as against what the secretary assured after several enquiries. However, one can write Startdeutsch 1 @12k to level things up or even give one an edge over ordinary attendance certificate because students will be taught basically everything that is being taught in the normal class. But I still apologize for the incomplete info, na the Goethe secretary fault. Nothing still spoil.

Maximum respect to twinkle, LMUhopeful, Amatrendy, kelvin and the rest.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

Congrats bro! nice meeting you and members of your Goethe summer class crew today.

I later got to know today that the summer class will not earn you an A1 cert like that of the normal class as against what the secretary assured after several enquiries. However, one can write Startdeutsch 1 @12k to level things up or even give one an edge over ordinary attendance certificate because students will be taught basically everything that is being taught in the normal class. But I still apologize for the incomplete info, na the Goethe secretary fault. Nothing still spoil.

Maximum respect to twinkle, LMUhopeful, Amatrendy, kelvin and the rest.

Yezzzirrr... It was nice seeing HONOURABLE Eke40seven today.. Very cool and calm guy.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
For those going to bremen...visit the studentenwerk site and search for accomldation...then you can contact the person in charge ... http://www.stw-bremen.de/de/wohnanlagen-bremen/wohnpark-am-fleetvorstra%C3%9Fe

For those coming to Bochum....visit http://www.akafoe.de/wohnen/online-bewerbung/ and register, you will be placed on a waiting list ...you can also check http://www.wg-gesucht.de/

All the best...

NOUN dey award Msc and Phd shocked shocked shocked..which way naija grin cheesy undecided....abeg make anybody nor quote me to explain ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.