Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996963 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lattychem: 8:39am On Sep 10, 2015
Good day to every member of this thread. I want to use this opportunity to thank everybody for great input,U are Godsents and a blessing to creative and hardworking Nigerian Youths and i am sure you are repping it well over there.
I have been a silent follower of this group since june and i find every information on this group very simple and straight forward. As advised on this group, i have choose DAAD as my personal consultant and i have search for schools, course and their admission requirements ( chemical and energy engineering, university of Magdeburg (2) process engineering and energy ,university of applied science Bremerhaven)
Below are my available documents
Certificate
Transcript
IELTS
Cv
Motivation letter *not completed *
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS
1 aside certificate what again do i need to authenticate in Germany embassy
2 for letter of recommendations from my referees, is it going to be hard copies
3 do i need to translate any documents
THANK U ALL

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2015
University of Gottingen is rated more than University of Hamburg or Bremen. Gottingen ones made the list of German Universities of Excellence Initiative but Hamburg and Bremen has not been able to make that list.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:04am On Sep 10, 2015
lattychem:
Good day to every member of this thread. I want to use this opportunity to thank everybody for great input,U are Godsents and a blessing to creative and hardworking Nigerian Youths and i am sure you are repping it well over there.
I have been a silent follower of this group since june and i find every information on this group very simple and straight forward. As advised on this group, i have choose DAAD as my personal consultant and i have search for schools, course and their admission requirements ( chemical and energy engineering, university of Magdeburg (2) process engineering and energy ,university of applied science Bremerhaven)
Certificate
Transcript
IELTS
Cv
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS
THANK U ALL

These your questions are best answered by your prospective school/program as requirements for every school/program varies. I believe the information you seek should even be on the programs' website/webpage. Anything you will be told here may likely be inconclusive.

Na waa for Una oh! Una must always find something to argue about... Person go think say all of una do argumentative essay for una WAEC!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:24am On Sep 10, 2015
lattychem:
Certificate
Transcript
IELTS
Cv
HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS
THANK U ALL

1. Copy of your international passport data page(depending on the school), certificates, transcripts, IELTS. You don't need to certify recommendation letter. 2. If it is not hard copy, what will it be? Na hard/strong copy sire.
3. No you don't; once your documents are in English language.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:31am On Sep 10, 2015
Rayhut:

All the Berlin unis are under uni-assit,I uni-assist issue is reducing number of students applying to Berlin unis.
NOT TRUE... The very prestigious TU Berlin is not under assist
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:36am On Sep 10, 2015
cahnellven:

It's hard to see links comparing the two Universities, but you can do a background check on the two schools and come back here to drop your findings.
That's if you've got spare time.
Why dont you serve us the links?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2015
Williamso:

These your questions are best answered by your prospective school/program as requirements for every school/program varies. I believe the information you seek should even be on the programs' website/webpage. Anything you will be told here may likely be inconclusive.

Na waa for Una oh! Una must always find something to argue about... Person go think say all of una do argumentative essay for una WAEC!!! grin grin
HAHAHAHAHA, Williams...
lattychem, add fh muenster and TUHH (Most prestigious unis offering chemical eng (as english taught programs oh, b4 person go beat me 4 here) to ur list if u may tarry till winter 2016.
Seyi, it could be email references...albeit it is very less popular in germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2015
Obiwannn na true naa!
From items to travel with to immigrants to language and now universities

In fact, Federal University, Otuoke is better than all universities in Europe! Case closed.

Last bullet: Rankings may be deceptive. This is because most academic rankings are based on the quality of PhD research, and not BSc and MSc lecture/research. Rumour has it that a highly ranked university in Munich doesn't have a good lecturer-student relationship in some departments. Apparently, ranking bodies don't see this as an important index!

*Runs out of thread dodging stones*

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2015
honourableseyi:

1. Copy of your international passport data page(depending on the school), certificates, transcripts, IELTS. You don't need to certify recommendation letter.
2. If it is not hard copy, what will it be? Na hard/strong copy sire.
3. No you don't; once your documents are in English language.
This is why it's not good to generalize. University of Stuttgart programs that use the C@MPUS application system require the recommendation letters in soft copy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lattychem: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2015
@ honourableseyi......... Thank sir/ma.Blessing of God will always follow you and your family.
Off to Germany embassy for authentication.
PLEASE ANY IDEA ON THE COST OF SENDING MY DOCUMENTS TO UNI-ASSIT
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 10:20am On Sep 10, 2015
Morning you guys.My friend had his interview on monday and has been asked to fund his account.However, he is yet to recieve his account notifications from Deutsche Bank.He submitted documents for the account since 3rd of August.Please,what should he do?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 10:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Williamso:

This is why it's not good to generalize. University of Stuttgart programs that use the C@MPUS application system require the recommendation letters in soft copy.

Yes but you should also understand that when he is talking about authenticating documents at the embassy or anywhere, it simply means he is sending the hard copy of the documents to the school and not just only online application. You are to upload your originals and not authenticated copies for online or campus application sire.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2015
Williamso:
Obiwannn na true naa!

In fact, Federal University, Otuoke is better than all universities in Europe! Case closed.

Last bullet: Rankings may be deceptive. This is because most academic rankings are based on the quality of PhD research, and not BSc and MSc lecture/research. Rumour has it that a highly ranked university in Munich doesn't have a good lecturer-student relationship in some departments. Apparently, ranking bodies don't see this as an important index!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2015
honourableseyi:

Yes but you should also understand that when he is talking about authenticating documents at the embassy or anywhere, it simply means he is sending the hard copy of the documents to the school and not just only online application. You are to upload your originals and not authenticated copies for online or campus application sire.
I was just implying that generalization is bad.
Honda Accord 2003-2005
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2015
lattychem:
@ honourableseyi......... Thank sir/ma.Blessing of God will always follow you and your family.
Off to Germany embassy for authentication.
PLEASE ANY IDEA ON THE COST OF SENDING MY DOCUMENTS TO UNI-ASSIT

DHL ---- 8900(ask for students price) Fedex: 9500 or something. NOTE: Authentication of document is being done at the embassy Mon - Wed between the hour of 6am-9am depending on your luck and situation on ground when you get there. You can as well authenticate it at the court but that will surely cost you money while it is free at the embassy. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 0yewale(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Williamso:

Honda Accord 2003-2005

Ohhh.. You mean 'end of discussion' cheesy ds guyyyyyy.. I sha dey wonder.. Lol

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2015
Williamso:
Obiwannn na true naa!

Bro, in every university there are a few departments where the lecturer-student relationship is quite poor. This isnt unique to unis in Munich so I dont get why you specify to Munich.

As regards rankings, they are based on both research and quality of teaching (student teacher ratio etc). As a matter of fact, European schools are affected negatively in the rankings by the fact that the quality of bsc education delivery in the classroom is sometimes regarded as poor. As you know the European schools require a lot of independence from the students than the USA or UK schools. So don't single out a highly ranked school in Munich .

No worry. .stone no go hit you grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro, in every university there are a few departments where the lecturer-student relationship is quite poor. This isnt unique to unis in Munich so I dont get why you specify to Munich.

As regards rankings, they are based on both research and quality of teaching (student teacher ratio etc). As a matter of fact, European schools are affected negatively in the rankings by the fact that the quality of bsc education delivery in the classroom is sometimes regarded as poor. As you know the European schools require a lot of independence from the students than the USA or UK schools. So don't single out a highly ranked school in Munich .

No worry. .stone no go hit you grin
I don't mean to ruffle any feathers sir. I saw what I posted on 3 different fora about a particular university in Munich, not "unis". I chose not to mention it because of the war it will cause (I don notice say some people blood for here too dey hot).
And like I said........"Rumour has it"
Tschüss

*Modified*
I wasn't referring to lecturer-student ratio. I was referring to the relationship the lecturers have with their MSc/BSc students.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:58am On Sep 10, 2015
Williamso:

Honda Accord 2003-2005

grin grin guy na wah for you ooooo. Despite the fact that you know I was not generalising anything in that comment. I replied the guy under the context of his questions. So just own up to the fact that you misinterpreted my message and submission. Range rover 2010-2015 will suit this case better

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 11:58am On Sep 10, 2015
Hello house, pls I would like to know if I can send my documents to uni assist for evaluation before the application period opens(abt 5wks before) and send the application forms separately when it opens. I'm just thinking of how to cover up for that 6weeks evaluation period nd also for Uni assist to be able to send my docs early enough to the schools. Iono how plausible this is
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
0yewale:
First, were u asked by deutche bank to send those docs..
And if Yes,they would specify the exact doc /docs to send...
This ur long list is serious o... maybe u should add birth cert too grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Dam12:
Hello house, pls I would like to know if I can send my documents to uni assist for evaluation before the application period opens(abt 5wks before) and send the application forms separately when it opens. I'm just thinking of how to cover up for that 6weeks evaluation period nd also for Uni assist to be able to send my docs early enough to the schools. Iono how plausible this is
Yes... even Uni assist always advice u send Ur docs before d application period. I like ur spirit... Ure good to go
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
leo2314:
@honourableseyi I really appreciate your prompt advise, but the vo didn't ave any issues with my conduct during d interview I can only recall dat e ask'd hu my sponsor is and I told him he's my big bro, then e ask'd if I won't follow suit of gettin to germany and afta sch get maryd to a german lady. Also as regards d issue of time, d guy dat went in afta me didn't use more than 10mins wit d vo I guez e rushed thru d interview wit him. And as for d appeal, do I get d services of a lawyer or go thru with it myself? And lastly we were 4 dat was denied today and all 4 ar using a sponsor letter and not a blocked acct, does dis av any relation to our bn refused visa? Need ur views ASAP! sad

In most cases the chinese lady will ask u the prove or how sure are you that ur sponsor will really sponsor u. So check if u really answered her well in such question. And also some letter of sponsorship bears the duration on wch the person will sponsor you. Maybe the duration in the letter wasn't enough or didn't meet d required duration.

I stand to be corrected. Others can contribute.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
Alright thank you. I asked the question because I saw it somewhere that it's better to send the documents together with the application forms so I thought that will take a lot of time waiting for the applicatn period to open
yusufftaiwo:

Yes... even Uni assist always advice u send Ur docs before d application period. I like ur spirit... Ure good to go
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hello House,

For all those who wanna fund their blocked account and get PTA, I think Fidelity bank's rates are quite low compared to other banks. I was @ a fidelity bank branch today and the rate was 223.6 while @ UBA I was told 235.8. I was also told that if I wanna change euros for PTA, they could change it for me, I don't know about other branches tho, but the branch Fidelity Bank @ Challenge in Ibadan told me that they would, provided i've been running the account for at least 6 months, while UBA said they can't change PTA for me, that it's better I apply for one of their Debit cards.

Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jas got d almighty mail of come with three months travel health insurance
Thank u guys. I wouldn't have asked for any other social network buddies.
I GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY. GOD Z TOO MUCH. (u guys may not understand)
I'm grateful to all nd sundry!
All #TeamBremen2015., Eke4son, Hollaytan, Scofield, Nelly, Kingsly, Bolabae, Pc, etc
Special thanks to #JUSTCUL, u are indeed a nice guy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
ogompaul:
All #TeamBremen2015., Eke4son, Hollaytan, Scofield, Nelly, Kingsly, Bolabae, Pc, etc

Congratulations...... You're good to go

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Congrats bro.
ogompaul:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RoyalPurple: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
Congrats bro...ours shall come in no time.
ogompaul:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
Morning you guys.My friend had his interview on monday and has been asked to fund his account.However, he is yet to recieve his account notifications from Deutsche Bank.He submitted documents for the account since 3rd of August.Please,what should he do?

This problem is peculiar to almost everybody that submitted the application document on the 3rd of August, 2015. I received this mail today
" Dear Sirs,

thank you for sending us your account opening documents.

We regret your account cannot be opened because the documents are not completly filled. You did not sign

the "Depositor Information Sheet"

A signature on all marked positions at the documents is mandatory.

The actual valid form is available for free download on our website.

Please fill this writeable PDF document completely and exclusively by computer and sign it in all spaces
with the description "Signature of account holder" and "Acknowledgement of receipt by the depositor".

A confirmation from the German Embassy is not necessary.

All information can be found at
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/konto_international-students-en.html

Please send the account opening form in original by postal or courier service to our address".

After reading through the mail, I checked the form I submitted at the embassy. I remembered signing all the spaces marked with 'signature of account holder' at the embassy and I never saw anything like 'Acknowledgement of receipt by the depositor' on the form.

I put a call through the phone number on the DB website and was told I cannot be helped unless I fill and send the form as instructed in the mail. Feeling helpless, I downloaded another form. Alas, the form was different from the one I submitted at the embassy. There is a separate page titled 'Depositor Information Sheet' where the space to sign the 'Acknowledgement of receipt by the depositor' is.
Surprised, I checked the date I downloaded the one I submitted, it was on the 28th of July,2015. So I guessed the application form must have been changed in the first week of August as at the time I submitted the 'old one'.

The new form has four spaces where the account holder would have to sign unlike the 'old one' with just two spaces. In addition, you cannot fill the new form with ink/pen, it must be 'Type-filled'

I am now left with no choice than to send another form to DB but not through the embassy.

If you have sent your application with the old form and have not received notification from DB, I will advise you fill the new form and send to DB address ASAP.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Big thanks to GOD ALMIGHTY.
I just received the notification to come pick up my visa.

Special thanks to this e-family. You guyz are awesome.

My story my story. .itz a long one but I thank GOD it ended in praise.

My great friend kciano, thanks for pushing me all tru.

To the visa hopefuls, GOD will do it..keep the faith...dont relent.

Twinkle1, eke40seven, nellyb24, amahtrendy, callnelven, blessingayokunle, isidollar, obiwannn, dolpaz ...the list is endless.. thank you all

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.