Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996292 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Good Day you guys;I received a mail from DB that my application is incomplete and that I should resend my application....My question is..... CAN SOMEONE IN GERMANY SEND THE DOCUMENT FOR ME? DOES THE APPLICATION LOCATION MATTER? I need replies pleaseeeeeeee....I need to plan my next line of action. Thank you guys in advance.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
Good Day you guys;I received a mail from DB that my application is incomplete and that I should resend my application....My question is..... CAN SOMEONE IN GERMANY SEND THE DOCUMENT FOR ME? DOES THE APPLICATION LOCATION MATTER? I need replies pleaseeeeeeee....I need to plan my next line of action. Thank you guys in advance.
Send to the Leipzig address, that's about the main place and the HQ that deals with stuffs like that. If you know anyone leaving soon you can ask the person to post when he gets there or if you know someone there simply fill electronically and send to the person and for that page where you need to pend your signature, sign and scan to the person. Let the person helping you use a priority mail so it can be faster.

My two cowries!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obiWon1: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:

I got dsame mail... I think the located matters. Besides, how do u intend to sign and forward it to the person to then print and submit to DB?

I believe they expected your signature to be signed by you using 'BIRO' instead of using an input device to do so... I may be wrong though.

If u were to have others in the same shoe, u guys could gather the form and send it to DB in one envelope... that way it will reduce cost. I intend doing so with some of d guys I met at d Embassy d day we went for the account opening but our locations differs... I don't know any alternative way to it now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Toroze:
Good Morning to all the member in the house I have been reading up on art one of the thread and currently following up on two i think i have the basic concept of the admission process and visa application but i have just one problem and that is which school to apply t I'm currently an undergraduate in 300 level studying Computer Science i would love to do my masters in either Software Engineering or Software Development or Computer Science with a specialization in Cognitive or Information System I've found two University that offer Some of the courses i named above and they are the University of Frieburg and Fulda University of Applied Sciences and Maybe Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. Now I'm these three for now are my only option but i'd like more I'm graduating in 2017 by the grace of God and my current CGPA is 3.1 I'm therefore appealing to the house if anyone has any idea of another University offering the above stated course i'd be much obliged to him or her and then also if the universities in question can be processed using uniassit.de it would be more helpful to me and then also i'd like to ask is it advisable to take the ielts or toefl now or when its time to process the admissions and visa. And please where can one write the GRE in both Abuja and Lagos and thirdly any links to learning german would be appreciated i've already gotten some materials from the former thread android appps and the rest
Danke

You can add university of paderborn to your list for computer science. I dint know about the hussle part of it. The school is top 3 if not the best in computer science related course. If you good for IT and programming. You should get related studyent job. Top IT companies is headquater there.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Why are you waiting for admission to come out before you start learning the language? Don't you know that the German courses have fixed registration and class schedules. As a matter of fact, classes have already commenced at the Goethe Institute and registration will almost be over. If you really want to learn German then register now.

Are you applying for summer semester 2016? I hope this is what you are applying for because if you are applying for this winter semester 2015 that people are already collecting visas for, then it is too late for you to make it. All the best
Are there still schools accepting applications for winter 2015? Nah, I don't think so.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
No you dont need a yellow card, immigration will only do like a typical nigerian "what do you have for us"
grin
olsrach:
I have been a silent follower of this thread and i must say the work being done here is brilliant,the information gotten here has been very useful and i want to thank u guys so far however i have a question,@hollaytan and others that have already flown to deutschland and to anyone who can contribute,do you need a yellow card to fly?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Location matters o, because i used my correspondence address in germany instead of a nigerian address, because of dat my acc wasnt processed then, i was told to send my contact address, so resend as required but you wont need to go through the embassy again, hence u can use dhl or so
obiWon1:

I got dsame mail... I think the located matters. Besides, how do u intend to sign and forward it to the person to then print and submit to DB?

I believe they expected your signature to be signed by you using 'BIRO' instead of using an input device to do so... I may be wrong though.

If u were to have others in the same shoe, u guys could gather the form and send it to DB in one envelope... that way it will reduce cost. I intend doing so with some of d guys I met at d Embassy d day we went for the account opening but our locations differs... I don't know any alternative way to it now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obiWon1: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
hollaytan:
Location matters o, because i used my correspondence address in germany instead of a nigerian address, because of dat my acc wasnt processed then, i was told to send my contact address, so resend as required but you wont need to go through the embassy again, hence u can use dhl or so

I thought as much... Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XTIANmaha(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ethelbert006:

My dear people,

From each alphabet stroke of the keyboard you type in words of good advice on this platform contributes immensely to someone somewhere reading this thread either from a phone, tab or PC.

Sometimes its a question, a suggestion, a slight joke that puts a good smile on someone else's face, you never can tell the reach of this forum.

Whether as guests, members or just passer-bys, many people have learnt positive things that has led to great successes in their lives from this forum; in today's world of information, you never can get enough of it.

Well, most of you are already familiar with my requests and worries to meet with the enrolment deadline of the school and the various advise and suggestions, that was given, Well, I pushed from both sides without trying to sound desperate and it paid off.

Testimonies of visa approvals is a trend on this forum and I am happy to be part of it! My joy knew no bounds when I checked my mail by 1:40pm today and saw the main attached document from the Lagos Consulate to come with my travel insurance.

The Zees, the Ekes, the twinkles, the Obiwans, in fact, EVERYONE !!!!!!! and I mean EVERYONE!!!! I highly appreciate you all.

In fact, I believe and know that from this forum, our education in Dutchland will produce great captains of industries, influential diplomats, world renowned professionals and great experts.

I know there are some people still expecting their visa approvals, well, the wait might make you anxious, but, don't just wait, pray, and keep your self informed of trends and things happenings and ensure you ASK questions !!!!!, [a man that asks questions cannot miss his way]

"For now let me cool off with Timi Dakolo's music: Wish Me Well!!!"

I will comment later.

One love and thank you all.

Congrats, actually I feel d waiting period is most trying times of the process. Lol pls bro let me know where n how much u did it insurance pls. Also when did u do ur interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
obiWon1:

The person can sign my signature...And my address in the form won't change....jst that d person will b the one mailing it.Dats what I want to know
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
obiWon1:

D person will sign and post.The address won't change....just the document source
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by detutu1: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Good Afternoon house...

I wish to study at the University of Padeborn. I want to confirm if i need to write IELTS? It states if that if i have a bachelors degree in english i dont need to, then again dont they ask for it at the embassy? Also with the current european situation is it wise to process a student visa to germany? please advice. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jameseva: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hello e-fam, so i have gotten a credit confirmation from DB. All my transaction happened under 72hours, I used the UBA head office in marina. Faster than i expected really as i only just submitted my form A on wednesday around 12noon.

My question is as regards to the earlier email from the embassy that indicated that i ''Please state reference in reply''. What does this mean, i am just about to send the copy of the confirmation to them. Is there a special thing that i should make reference to? i'm just being careful here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
Since it is stated that you dont need it, it's up to you to decide if you wanna write it or not. However, i would advice you to write it in order to boost your chances if there's competition for places. Also, you might want to apply to other schools/programs that might require you to provide proof of language proficiency, and the result will come in handy then. I would also advice you to look for more courses to apply to, dont put all your eggs in the University of Paedeborn basket, cast your net wide in order to boost your chances of getting admitted. Good luck!

detutu1:
Good Afternoon house...

I wish to study at the University of Padeborn. I want to confirm if i need to write IELTS? It states if that if i have a bachelors degree in english i dont need to, then again dont they ask for it at the embassy? Also with the current european situation is it wise to process a student visa to germany? please advice. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
How much was the rate of Euros @ UBA and how much was the bank's charges in all? About the second part, i really dont know, i'll try to look for the post again and see if i can comprehend and reply appropriately.

jameseva:
Hello e-fam, so i have gotten a credit confirmation from DB. All my transaction happened under 72hours, I used the UBA head office in marina. Faster than i expected really as i only just submitted my form A on wednesday around 12noon.

My question is as regards to the earlier email from the embassy that indicated that i ''Please state reference in reply''. What does this mean, i am just about to send the copy of the confirmation to them. Is there a special thing that i should make reference to? i'm just being careful here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
tnx darling grin
Eke40seven:

Send to the Leipzig address, that's about the main place and the HQ that deals with stuffs like that. If you know anyone leaving soon you can ask the person to post when he gets there or if you know someone there simply fill electronically and send to the person and for that page where you need to pend your signature, sign and scan to the person. Let the person helping you use a priority mail so it can be faster.

My two cowries!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jameseva: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
acedboss:
How much was the rate of Euros @ UBA and how much was the bank's charges in all? About the second part, i really dont know, i'll try to look for the post again and see if i can comprehend and reply appropriately.

i was charged N225 to the euro, i wouldnt know the exact bank charges right now as it was my dad's account not mine that was debited. Will find out and edit my post later on. When sending the DB confirmation, did you just reply the email that was from the embassy or composed a new email? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by detutu1: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks a lot...I have been trying to check other schools but they seem to not have affordable fees and the course of my choice...I will keep trying...Thanks again
acedboss:
Since it is stated that you dont need it, it's up to you to decide if you wanna write it or not. However, i would advice you to write it in order to boost your chances if there's competition for places. Also, you might want to apply to other schools/programs that might require you to provide proof of language proficiency, and the result will come in handy then. I would also advice you to look for more courses to apply to, dont put all your eggs in the University of Paedeborn basket, cast your net wide in order to boost your chances of getting admitted. Good luck!

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emmanuellaiyke: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
acedboss:

What did UBA request for before giving you the form A?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
obiWon1:

I intend to send through courier.Who is interested so that we can send d docs togeda tru courier on Monday? If u re interested,let's meet on Monday by 10am at checkpoint bus stop. Do lemme know on or before Sunday,if u re interested in sending d docs togeda.It will take just 3 working days to get to Deutsche bank and dis will drastically reduce cost.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
emmanuellaiyke:
What did UBA request for before giving you the form A?

jameseva kindly answer this question. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
detutu1:
Thanks a lot...I have been trying to check other schools but they seem to not have affordable fees and the course of my choice...I will keep trying...Thanks again

LMU has a software engineering programme. That I am sure of. Again Saarland Uni comes to my mind as a leading uni for computer science
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
jameseva:

i was charged N225 to the euro, i wouldnt know the exact bank charges right now as it was my dad's account not mine that was debited. Will find out and edit my post later on. When sending the DB confirmation, did you just reply the email that was from the embassy or composed a new email? Thanks

Thanks, i just got a debit alert from UBA now. I paid my semester fee thru their branch @ Challenge in Ibadan. I was charged 227.5 to the Euro, and 5,388.86 in bank charges.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
detutu1:

Fees? Education in German universities is tution free, or what fees are you talking about? Are you planning to attend a private university? Cos i understand that private unis charge tution.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by detutu1: 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
I am not studying computer science. I am looking at International Business Economics and Management or any related course.
lmuhopeful:

LMU has a software engineering programme. That I am sure of. Again Saarland Uni comes to my mind as a leading uni for computer science
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by detutu1: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
is it? There was no indication that it was a private school or not...i will have to do more research ...thanks
acedboss:

Fees? Education in German universities is tution free, or what fees are you talking about? Are you planning to attend a private university? Cos i understand that private unis charge tution.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Eke40seven:
There is a general consensus that Stuttgart is one of the best for hustle for students with little knowledge of German but that's not am excuse not to learn the language. What if you don't get the admission and only one you get is in one village in Thuringia?

Sorry bro but do you by any means mean/imply that Thuringia isn't a good place to live, study and work? Last time I checked FSU happens to be among the oldest 20 unis in Germany and amongst the top ranked 20 unis in the country as well even higher than Ruhr Buchum. Justasking#
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
acedboss:

Some public may charge fees for some special programmes.
For those interested in knowing how good their programs rank in Germany, these inficators include job prospects, quality of teaching, etc, just register on CHE DAAD rankings. Uni of Applied sciences are ranked separately from Unis to give a level playing ground.
When you wanna check the performance of your masters course, "best masters" is an okay guide to know where your programme stands against international universities . Others with very trustworthy rankings and acceptable in the academic world include, Shanghai Academic rankings, QS University rankings, and Time Higher rankings. These 3 are the main internationally acceptable rankings.
Never make reference to 4icu, dem no follow at all and for webometrics, don't take it full heartedly, the only reason why one can make reference to it is that they take account of more schools than the other standard ranking bodies that may not consider more than 700 schools and you know no Nigerian school will fall under this, and also no UoAS in Germany will fall within the first 700 because their focus differs from what the recognized ranking bodies will use so they are disadvantaged.

Also, don't be deceived that many unis in Germany didn't fall within the first 100 schools, this is simply so because the research institutes like max planx and all, are not integrated into the traditional unis as same body, if they were, most would rank higher than Oxford and Cambridge (BBC confirmed this from their reports when they compared schools in Germany with the UK).
My fingers are kind of itchy, lemme stop here.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
detutu1:
I am not studying computer science. I am looking at International Business Economics and Management or any related course.

Msc or Bsc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
jameseva:

Bros,

Reply the email in pdf format of your deutsch bank account confirmation. no need of composing a new message.

Also, how much were you charged by the bank?

Regards !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
detutu1:
Use daad.de na... I'm sure there are enough schools with related courses to what you need. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
University Of Tubingen, Humboldt University of Berlin, Uni of Padeborn offers MSc in Economics and Management. While Osnabruck, Heilbronn, Europa Uni Frankfurt (order), Cologne, Shamalkaden, Hamburg, Hohenhiem, TU Frieburg etc offers international business. Just click on the link below it will help you more.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/
detutu1:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.