Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,655 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1000100 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=Rayhut post=38014682]
At the beginning of this tread some people got that invitation to come to Munich for exam, the German embassy ask them to go for the exam in Abuja. The situation of things in Germany embassy now, they cannot give a Nigerian a visa to go and write an entrance exam in Germany, I am just been frank with issues, no bitterness or pessimism intended. It is the bitter truth.
There is no need to argue, I have narrated my own experience, and I believe everything in this thread is out of personal experience. The embassy issues study applicant visa I say this because the embassy told me so. I assume those guys you mentioned had the option of writing the exam in Abuja like you mentioned but they chose germany.
Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
ogagaejay:

What is your proof?
If you ask for mine, I will give you because I got the same invitation from the same department and I wrote to the embassy asking for the way forward. It was the embassy that informed me about the study applicant visa that it is the process. I opened my account with it and was given an appointment date and before the date I got a proper admission. This is my proof. So what is your proof? Is it here say?
Bros you have provided no proof because you didnt go through the whole process, meanwhile the burden of proof lies on you. I wont say more than have said.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
ogagaejay:

What is your proof?
If you ask for mine, I will give you because I got the same invitation from the same department and I wrote to the embassy asking for the way forward. It was the embassy that informed me about the study applicant visa that it is the process. I opened my account with it and was given an appointment date and before the date I got a proper admission. This is my proof. So what is your proof? Is it here say?
Are you sure that you are telling the truth because the Nigeria German embassy that I know cannot grant a visa to a Nigerian to go and write entrance exam to enter university in Germany, once the content of the invitation letter indicate that you are coming for an entrance exam,of which they don't know whether you will pass or fail,I highly doubt that the visa will be granted. Between why did you stop the use of invitation letter from Munich to come and write an exam and use your second admission letter to pursue your visa, in everything we should try to be frank.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
adenjnr:

@ Rayhut is right..... student applicant visa is not applicable to Nigeria. What he says is the exact response you will get from the embassy.

Dear Sir,

thank you for your e-mail.

You do not need an appointment for coming for submission of your application for opening of a blocked account, but can do so Mo.-Wed. between 8.00-11.00 a.m. For further information on this issue, please see the attached information sheet.

Regarding your second question, please be informed about the following:

If your Master`s Program starts soon after the examination (only a few weeks), you can stay in Germany until the program starts. If there is more time in between the examination and the actual beginning of the program, you are advised to apply for a Schengen (visitor`s visa) to take the examination and come back to Nigeria to apply for a student visa once you have gained admission. Please note that it is not possible to stay in Germany permanently with a Schengen visa.

You also have the option to apply for a student applicant`s visa. This visa will allow you to stay in Germany for the duration of nine months in order to gain admission to a German university. If you do not manage to secure admission within these nine months`, you will have to leave Germany again. Otherwise, you can stay permanently. Please find attached an information leaflet regarding the requirements for such a visa. They are basically the same as for regular students visa, but apart from an admission letter, you present proof that you have already applied to one or more German universities or have been in touch with them. You should already be able to state at which university you would best like to study when applying for the visa.
When booking an appointment for a student applicant`s visa, please take care to explicitly state in your e-mail what type of visa you are applying for and attach proof of your application to a German university instead of the admission letter.

I hope to have been of assistance to you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours

Visa Section (JE)

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany - Lagos -

Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
@Ogagaejay, I now agree with what you are saying, but I still doubt that during the visa interview proper that the VO will grant a Nigerian such visa, but there is no harm in trial. Remember that they said that the visa will be granted if the exam is not going to be more than few weeks before the master study will start in such a university otherwise the person will apply for shengen visa,write the exam and come back to Nigeria and apply for students visa.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
ogagaejay:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your e-mail.

You do not need an appointment for coming for submission of your application for opening of a blocked account, but can do so Mo.-Wed. between 8.00-11.00 a.m. For further information on this issue, please see the attached information sheet.

Regarding your second question, please be informed about the following:

If your Master`s Program starts soon after the examination (only a few weeks), you can stay in Germany until the program starts. If there is more time in between the examination and the actual beginning of the program, you are advised to apply for a Schengen (visitor`s visa) to take the examination and come back to Nigeria to apply for a student visa once you have gained admission. Please note that it is not possible to stay in Germany permanently with a Schengen visa.

You also have the option to apply for a student applicant`s visa. This visa will allow you to stay in Germany for the duration of nine months in order to gain admission to a German university. If you do not manage to secure admission within these nine months`, you will have to leave Germany again. Otherwise, you can stay permanently. Please find attached an information leaflet regarding the requirements for such a visa. They are basically the same as for regular students visa, but apart from an admission letter, you present proof that you have already applied to one or more German universities or have been in touch with them. You should already be able to state at which university you would best like to study when applying for the visa.
When booking an appointment for a student applicant`s visa, please take care to explicitly state in your e-mail what type of visa you are applying for and attach proof of your application to a German university instead of the admission letter.

I hope to have been of assistance to you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours

Visa Section (JE)

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany - Lagos -

Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria

Its just like applying for a student visa for language school and you make inquiry from the embassy, they will gladly provide you with the necessary information but you wont get the visa in the end. its very simple, When you get a student applicant visa from Nigeria or you see someone who got the visa come back and argue. Until then i rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
Did my interview today.

It went well as far as i know.

Met @fapper today.... Cool dude. I owe you one bro

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
adenjnr:
Its just like applying for a student visa for language school and you make inquiry from the embassy, they will gladly provide you with the necessary information but you wont get the visa in the end. its very simple, When you get a student applicant visa from Nigeria or you see someone who got the visa come back and argue. Until then i rest my case.

You don't have a case because there are students in lmu Msc biochemistry already, and concerning the language course, I can tell you german embassy, has stopped issuing visa for language course for about two years now. Please contact them tomorrow, they will give you the same response.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
Rayhut:
@Ogagaejay, I now agree with what you are saying, but I still doubt that during the visa interview proper that the VO will grant a Nigerian such visa, but there is no harm in trial. Remember that they said that the visa will be granted if the exam is not going to be more than few weeks before the master study will start in such a university otherwise the person will apply for shengen visa,write the exam and come back to Nigeria and apply for students visa.
I got this from the visa section, you can see it is written underneath
Yes man, you will need to apply for a Schengen visa if the period is far from resumption else it might be denied. Also the game is like this, you most probably get an admission before that time. So you apply when your admission comes you go for your interview. But there are student there already. That's something to consider

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 11:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
@CHEROKEE.. sorry i missed your question earlier, well you can pay the Uni-assist fee using the Form A, but i contacted someone outside Nigeria who helped me make the payment via bank transfer....
#Team2016
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by growth: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2015
Dam12:
Hehehe I have a new (but borrowed) concept from the canada thread I will introduce it to this thread very soon as our team2016 bus begins to park grin. One luv my ppl as we move as a family.

We win...

What's the idea
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 1:59am On Sep 15, 2015
If you've got something to share, do so, now! You never know who it may help. Don't wait for months because someone else might beat you to it.
Dam12:
Hehehe I have a new (but borrowed) concept from the canada thread I will introduce it to this thread very soon as our team2016 bus begins to park grin. One luv my ppl as we move as a family.

We win...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 2:25am On Sep 15, 2015
I sort of agree with this.

IMO, I believe whether or not a visa will be granted is solely at the VO's discretion and you never can tell. BTW, things do change. Maybe VISAS are denied for a few first time travelers but regardless of whether GOETHE Institute is in Nigeria doesn't mean the idea of going to Germany to learn the language or write an exam is ruled out. I'll tell you this from experience. I applied for a Visa at X Embassy once and they had institutes in Nigeria that I could get the same training from. On the day of my interview, the officer asked me why I didn't opt to take the course in Nigeria and I gave them a response that may as well have had the Interviewer write an Institute's (situated in Nigeria) contact info on my documents. I remember what he said - get a letter from one of the institutes that says they don't have a problem with this. I knew this was truly unprofessional but I did get the letter and in the end, I got the VISA. All that, this was on a new passport and I did not attach previous passport with my application. Before and after I got my visa, lots of people were denied but I wasn't. So would anyone say that because the others were denied, it is impossible to get a visa for such reason? Of course NOT. Keep in mind that this was years ago and a lot has changed since then.

And before you even tell me, I know say NAIJA get red flag for such countries but if your purposes are genuine and can defend your plans, you'll get your VISA. Just because it didn't work for the others doesn't mean it won't work for you.

That being said, with experiences I've read on this forum and the latest advancements in technology, you can sit for almost any sort of exam on your PC. But again, some schools require you sit for the exam in the UNI and they'll even mail the Embassy the same. In such cases, the visa will be granted provided the VO is satisfied with whatever you've tendered for visa application and doesn't see you as a potential RUNAWAY cheesy
Zeeblamj01:

In this case u are wrong... A lot of people do this procedure. All schools are different. And the invitation letter from the school says it all. Most times the school goes as far as to contact the aliens office and the embassy. It's very possible to get that visa. Don't say it's easy though. The embassy in Lagos to be honest , are not people friendly. But with the right aproach, and an invitation from the school and all other necessary documents, it should work. I've heard that it does. And the chances of u not getting admitted are slim to be honest. Even if u fail there might be other options...

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babarexo: 6:39am On Sep 15, 2015
babarexo:

@Honourableseyi and Lacrus .I had my interview and test last week wednesday 9th August.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2015
I have been busy at work so I have not hard time to really outline it out but I will do so this week by God's grace #team2016

We win...
DanIndia:
If you've got something to share, do so, now! You never know who it may help. Don't wait for months because someone else might beat you to it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2015
Hello Fam,

I talked about sending parcels with TNT last week. I sent my DB form to Germany thru them last week thursday and it got delivered this morning. It cost only 7,380 to send. I sent it from one of their offices in Ibadan. its cheaper than DHL, UPS and Fedex and the package got delivered within the same time frame it takes the other courier services to deliver. Attached are pictures detailing how the delivery went from Origin to Destination.

Shalom.

*DISCLAIMER* : This is not an advert for TNT Courier services, I am neither an agent nor a staff of TNT couriers,As a matter of fact, i sent my transcript and other application documents to uni-assist and the other schools i applied to via DHL for 10k, but since i discovered something cheaper and equally as efficient, i felt the need to share with the house. This is my only experience so far with TNT, yours might turn out to be different, Whatever courier service you choose to use is at your own discretion. #Bless

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:29am On Sep 15, 2015
[quote author=babarexo post=38020305][/quote]

Oh ok. Which makes it 4 working days now. Did you fund your account before interview? If no, have you received "fund your account mail"?
Apart from fund your account mail, just prayed you don't receive any from them throughout this week. If you don't, then you are %80 on course. May God see you through. Meanwhile, did you write test before interview or after interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:37am On Sep 15, 2015
Dam12:
I have been busy at work so I have not hard time to really outline it out but I will do so this week by God's grace #team2016

We win...

Are you talking about listing the name of applicants, schools, Interview done or awaiting, dates of interview and so on? When I was still following Canada thread, something like this is on ground I think(Name, school, paper or online route, date submitted and so on).

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2015
Anvicola:
#Team Jesus take the wheel na hin some of us dey o cos we don try our best ,some of us self get multiple masters admission for good schools and wonderful courses, do every necessary tin even to the extent of paying admin fees from here, paying housing deposit and d only tin wey come remain na 8040 euro wey no be small money. As for me I don already pay 600 euro for housing deposit and dem don even issue me housing contract details, 156 euro for admin fee but 8040 euro blocked account money I neva get and ma school go begin enrolment on 5th and end on 9th , na only God fit do anyting now cos the person wey wan borrow me money self say d money wey him dey expect neva show. Na only Jesus fit take the wheel now cos I'm weak on ma own, Very weak cos I av tried. #TeamJesustakethewheel.

Bro just hold on,God in heaven that took you this far won't abandon you now,it wasn't easy 4 me to raise that money too,infact its never easy for anyone but I believe God will eventually put a smile on your face

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2015
honourableseyi:

Are you talking about listing the name of applicants, schools, Interview done or awaiting, dates of interview and so on? When I was still following Canada thread, something like this is on ground I think(Name, school, paper or online route, date submitted and so on).

Exactly wat I tot he would offer.
itz a good tin doh.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2015
Awesome.
Dam12:

We win...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babarexo: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2015
@honourableseyi as requested I had my interview and test on the 9th of september.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2015
Good day all, please how do you go about applying to a German university? I went through DAAD and saw some programs offered in English when I followed the link provided, it was written in German. Please what do I do?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2015
Check the site very well, you will see option for English. It's usually kind of hidden at the top or right side. If you still can't find it, then use Google translator. Copy the link and paste it in Google (you will see option to translate) . Most of the sites if not all have options for English. Just check. grin
prolific1:
Good day all, please how do you go about applying to a German university? I went through DAAD and saw some programs offered in English when I followed the link provided, it was written in German. Please what do I do?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ememc4(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2015
Please my Elders.
Can I apply for aerospace engineeering with my year one transcript of Animal and Environmental biology? And is my cgpa required too?.
#THRUTH✅
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fapper(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2015
Bsc applicants for International Business nd social sciences dis is d questions I had 4 ma test b4 d interview

Wat is Inflation, difference between Micro n Marco economics, function of money, xplain Types of economic society ,a graph 2 determin d market price

also pls learn as much as u can she don dey add more questions 2 d one wey we are all FamiliAr with oo e.g 1st president nd chancellor of germany with dier dates of Birth as well as d date dem resum Office, dier state of origin ....c foolish questions oooo weytyn concern m with all dis questions bt thank God say I sabi d 1st president history wella bt I no c d 1st Chancellor own ansa,she was surprised wen I got d 1st president question, she gv me 6 new questions i neva tot of or even seen here on dis thread....d later part of ma interview was in german 4 abt 15 mins reason b say she saw ma a1 certificate 4 goethe..wish all visa applicants
success..

anyway as I dey play game dis morning na so dia Mail drop in make I go fund...I must share ma testimony b4 dis part 2 finish..Got Sei Dank

thanks 2 dolpaz,eke nd cahnellven

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2015
prolific1:
if you have "chrome" on your computer or phone, u can browse with it, it translate Web pages to English.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2015
GottSeiDank:
Check the site very well, you will see option for English. It's usually kind of hidden at the top or right side. If you still can't find it, then use Google translator. Copy the link and paste it in Google (you will see option to translate) . Most of the sites if not all have options for English. Just check. grin
thanks man, it's a lil fun copying and pasting too google

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2015
babarexo:
@honourableseyi as requested I had my interview and test on the 9th of september.

Yeah. I saw it and I have replied you. "Oh ok. Which makes it 4 working days now. Did you fund your account before interview? If no, have you received "fund your account mail"? Apart from fund your account mail, just prayed you don't receive any from them throughout this week. If you don't, then you are %80 on course. May God see you through. Meanwhile, during your interview, did you first write the test before your proper interview or you write the test after your proper interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2015
Du hast dein Vorstellungsgespräch in deutsch? Das ist interresant. Wie lange war alle das Vorstellungsgespräch? Sag mal bitte.
fapper:
Bsc applicants for International Business nd social sciences dis is d questions I had 4 ma test b4 d interview

Wat is Inflation, difference between Micro n Marco economics, function of money, xplain Types of economic society ,a graph 2 determin d market price

also pls learn as much as u can she don dey add more questions 2 d one wey we are all FamiliAr with oo e.g 1st president nd chancellor of germany with dier dates of Birth as well as d date dem resum Office, dier state of origin ....c foolish questions oooo weytyn concern m with all dis questions bt thank God say I sabi d 1st president history wella bt I no c d 1st Chancellor own ansa,she was surprised wen I got d 1st president question, she gv me 6 new questions i neva tot of or even seen here on dis thread....d later part of ma interview was in german 4 abt 15 mins reason b say she saw ma a1 certificate 4 goethe..wish all visa applicants
success..

anyway as I dey play game dis morning na so dia Mail drop in make I go fund...I must share ma testimony b4 dis part 2 finish..Got Sei Dank

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babarexo: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
honourableseyi:

Yeah. I saw it and I have replied you. "Oh ok. Which makes it 4 working days now. Did you fund your account before interview? If no, have you received "fund your account mail"? Apart from fund your account mail, just prayed you don't receive any from them throughout this week. If you don't, then you are %80 on course. May God see you through. Meanwhile, during your interview, did you first write the test before your proper interview or you write the test after your proper interview?

I Wrote the test before my proper interview, I have not funded my account and ve not receive any mail to fund.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
fapper:

success..

This may be connected to the prepared answer sheet which might have contained nearly all the questions the VO was planning to ask ceased from someone few weeks ago during interview. Thank God you scale through. Were you interview by Ishabella aka(Chinko woman)? The test, are the questions on Economics alone? and how many question altogether? Best of luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.