Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1001530 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cynosure489: 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Joysmart:
Even if you're Dangote's Son it still makes sense to try and cut cost if you can

People do that all the time one school website even suggested that multiple applicants can put their documents in separate smaller envelope and then package all in one Big envelope and send
All you need do is to make sure you write your details boldly in your own envelope

Funny thing is I was intending sending it to my sister over there that would in turn send to the various schools. When ur sibling has promised to fund your block account or even provide letter for you, you just wanna do all the applications yourself. For a recent graduate who do not have a tangible engagement yet, I don't see any bad in trying to cut down. I don't like asking for everything.
You wonder why some people will never be Entrepreneurs.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
ohakskid:

Brodaly pls any school u are applying to please try and kip me informed, am also interested in msc in IT 4 winter. Tnx
@ohakskid you can also tell me the schools you know about and applied to.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
Obiwannn:

What exactly is the essence of this post?

My brother, I just dey watch the guy in 20D meddling into what does not really concern him or know nothing of.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Tay16:
if you struggling with shipping fees shouldnt that tell you to stick to what wont break your bank? im not insulting anyone but it sounds silly that a person who would to share shipping fees and if the documents go missing once they get to the "contact" you would have wasted application fees all in a bid to save shipping fees... does that make any sense?

This thing don do so that we can focus on another issue. Even uni-assist said you can send your document together with that of your friend. Just use different envelopes with your name written at the back and you are good to go. I sent documents to about 4 schools during application period while my friend that I merged with sent to about 3 schools making 7-8 schools altogether. We sent it together and shared the money here and all the documents got to their destinations without any problem. Moreover, I also sent another one to Uni-assist with a guy I met on this thread; we split the money and the document got to its destination as planned. Does that mean if two supermarkets are close to each other, one is selling a particular item far above the price other supermarket is selling it with the same quality and specification; you will buy it where it is costly because you think for you to go the second supermarket your money can get lost? No crime in cutting cost where you can even if you are a dangote's son. But if you can't and don't want to because of too much money, then leave those that want to, all fingers are not equal abeg, na God I take dey beg you. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please instead of all this chicken fight make una use that energy address the pending issue na...

Can certification at the German embassy be done by proxy ?

Please I will require a detailes response to assist me in making a very important decision.

Many thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
How do u xpect someone to do such for u when u will need to provide ur passport. If u cannot do it in the embassy look for a high court close to you and make sure u get the round stamp on it u shld be fine, certifying in embassy is not mandatory nd If u insist look for a way to get there urself. Uv gotten answers on this already nd u might keep getting ignored if u continue asking. Cheers
Guitarlife:
Please instead of all this chicken fight make una use that energy address the pending issue na...

Can certification at the German embassy be done by proxy ?

Please I will require a detailes response to assist me in making a very important decision.

Many thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
Dam12:
How do u xpect someone to do such for u when u will need to provide ur passport. If u cannot do it in the embassy look for a high court close to you and make sure u get the round stamp on it u shld be fine, certifying in embassy is not mandatory nd If u insist look for a way to get there urself. Uv gotten answers on this already nd u might keep getting ignored if u continue asking. Cheers
mmnnn Okay thanks for your time.

Erm just to be sure I picked up ur points amidst the sea of resounding polemics.

1. I cant do it by proxy at the embassy because the embassy will require my passport.

2. Certifying at the embassy is not compulsory, A very good alternative is a high court.

3. The high court option comes with a caveat which is that I must ensure a ' seal ' is used .

I hope these points are exactly your message and be free to scold me once again if I missed anything out.

Many thanks..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ure just repeating wt I just said anyways its not bad to be meticulous afterall. All the best in ur endeavors nd God bless
Guitarlife:

mmnnn Okay thanks for your time.

Erm just to be sure I picked up ur points amidst the sea of resounding polemics.

1. I cant do it by proxy at the embassy because the embassy will require my passport.

2. Certifying at the embassy is not compulsory, A very good alternative is a high court.

3. The high court option comes with a caveat which is that I must ensure a ' seal ' is used .

I hope these points are exactly your message and be free to scold me once again if I missed anything out.

Many thanks..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hello to everyone,

I'm not new here, but this forum help me a lot and through this forum I meet a good friend here with who I'm in contact with every day in Germany.
So I will tell my own story hope people will understand the power of prayer and that people can learn from it...
When I submitted my application (aroung May) to three schools (University of Stuttgart, Otto van guericke university of magdeburg, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg), by God grace I got accepted into all the three school. Burry in mind that I did all my undergraduate program in South Africa, and that I'm from Cameroon. So since the program that I really wanted to do was the one at Otto Van Guericke University of magdeburg and also that my supervisor that I work with in a research Center in South Africa did offer me a possibility of job upon my arrival, so I went ahead and I did apply for my visa (17 August) with the letter of OVGU magdeburg, and I thought I was going to be some easy cake peace, but I kept waiting for my visa, when I hit the one month mark I got worried and went ahead to inquire from the embassy who told me it was just normal they did transfer my file to the allien office and that I should just wait. Then I just chilled out and waited, when we hit the 6 weeks mark my good friend ask me to contact the Alien Office, which I did to my big surprice the embassy never send my document to the allien office (village witch at work) after multiple tractation, nothing happen and the registration due date was hitting on. So I decided to withdraw my application and make a new application now with the University of Stuttgart Letter of Acceptance after a long prayer and the submission of my application I receive my visa in One week (5 workings days) so I'm now in stuttgart,
Since I'm not often here, everyone who's in need of information about uni stuttgart should just inbox me and we will exchanged number, and I will try to my best to assist to best of my ability.
I have a bachelor Degree in Chemical engineering and I'm currently doing an Msc

9 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
babanila:

@ohakskid you can also tell me the schools you know about and applied to.

Haven't really checked them out that's why I said u should inform me buh onces I do, will surely let you know.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by safer23(m): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2015
Good day Friends!!!
please, whats suppose criterion that someone in Germany will meet to be able to request for a Sponsorship letter for a prospective student
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 3:57am On Nov 15, 2015
crowns2:

To tell you the truth I don't know but PM Scofield he will give you good ideas how to go about it.
I was on the open street infront of Afro Asian shop and I heard a Nigerian telling another one , oh boy you get coco? They were clustered there speaking our language. I was a ashamed for them. I didn't even act as if I am from the same place as them.
My dear friend was gisting with some Germans and they were telling him not to mix with his fellow country men from Nigeria. That they are known for selling drugs. That in Berlin there is a particular hard drug that only Nigerians have in their possession to sell.
And then when they visit Nigeria flaunting material things and we visit quietly because we make a honest living people will want to look down on us for not throwing money around. Its just so annoying.

@Crowns Abeg stop visiting those area, many funny ppl with different agenda as yours, i know you want to shop for African stuff or see fellow Africans/Nigerians but if they are not students like yourself with same focus its pure distraction.
Go to the African shop, pick the items you need and leave asap
Be safe
Greetings from Hamburg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 5:47am On Nov 15, 2015
Tchio2020:
Hello to everyone,

I'm not new here, but this forum help me a lot and through this forum I meet a good friend here with who I'm in contact with every day in Germany.
So I will tell my own story hope people will understand the power of prayer and that people can learn from it...
When I submitted my application (aroung May) to three schools (University of Stuttgart, Otto van guericke university of magdeburg, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg), by God grace I got accepted into all the three school. Burry in mind that I did all my undergraduate program in South Africa, and that I'm from Cameroon. So since the program that I really wanted to do was the one at Otto Van Guericke University of magdeburg and also that my supervisor that I work with in a research Center in South Africa did offer me a possibility of job upon my arrival, so I went ahead and I did apply for my visa (17 August) with the letter of OVGU magdeburg, and I thought I was going to be some easy cake peace, but I kept waiting for my visa, when I hit the one month mark I got worried and went ahead to inquire from the embassy who told me it was just normal they did transfer my file to the allien office and that I should just wait. Then I just chilled out and waited, when we hit the 6 weeks mark my good friend ask me to contact the Alien Office, which I did to my big surprice the embassy never send my document to the allien office (village witch at work) after multiple tractation, nothing happen and the registration due date was hitting on. So I decided to withdraw my application and make a new application now with the University of Stuttgart Letter of Acceptance after a long prayer and the submission of my application I receive my visa in One week (5 workings days) so I'm now in stuttgart,
Since I'm not often here, everyone who's in need of information about uni stuttgart should just inbox me and we will exchanged number, and I will try to my best to assist to best of my ability.

Thanks for your post & sharing your experience with the house.
Please am interested in University of Stuttgart to do Msc in Info Tech.
How did you go about those requirements especially course description stuff ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:53am On Nov 15, 2015
So u finally came out ..I thankGod for ur visa to Stuttgart bro...we started the journey to magdeburg but u left only me for magdeburg .so dat I will wound myself with book.
my people it's hasn't been easy..I pity some people that apply to random course just to enter Germany..if u dnt hv idea of the course at in Nigeria...i wonder how u will cope with the voluminous work load here..though I went to a good school in Nigeria(FUTO)..the chemical engineering in FUTO suffered me and I thought they were being unfair but I'm seeing the benefits here my brethren... for applicants 2016..just apply to a course that u have a background in.thats my advice

Tchio2020:
Hello to everyone,

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Regarding the requirment, I don't know much. Because for my undergraduate degree I got Suma Cum Laude (1st Class), so I geuss it made it easy for me to get acceptance in all the school I did apply. So it depend on your GPA, but from my research and also from what other people have say on this forum in the past Uni Stuttgart is having high GPA requirement, but don't discourage yourself even if youu don't have a strong GPA. When submiting your application make you have a powerful motivation letter and if possible if you did some extra curriculum activity just add them as it wil also help. And please most important pray and fast while waiting for the feedback.
Regarding the course description back in South Africa at the start of each semester they used to give us the course description of each subject (It is basically all the chapters you did for each and every subject that its mention in your academic record). So if you can't get it from your deparment you can do it yourself.
If there's any further question or if I wasn't clear about my answer don't hesitate to ask me again.

Best Regards
babanila:

Thanks for your post & sharing your experience with the house.
Please am interested in University of Stuttgart to do Msc in Info Tech.
How did you go about those requirements especially course description stuff ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2015
Omo no vex you know my stori, I don try reach magdeburg bcz it was my first choice you know it self. But village witch was at work on my document at the Allien office in Magderbug.
But the more important things is that we are still in contact and build a good friendship.

kciano:
So u finally came out ..I thankGod for ur visa to Stuttgart bro...we started the journey to magdeburg but u left only me for magdeburg .so dat I will wound myself with book.
my people it's hasn't been easy..I pity some people that apply to random course just to enter Germany..if u dnt hv idea of the course at in Nigeria...i wonder how u will cope with the voluminous work load here..though I went to a good school in Nigeria(FUTO)..the chemical engineering in FUTO suffered me and I thought they were being unfair but I'm seeing the benefits here my brethren... for applicants 2016..just apply to a course that u have a background in.thats my advice

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Tchio2020:
Regarding the requirment, I don't know much. Because for my undergraduate degree I got Suma Cum Laude (1st Class), so I geuss it made it easy for me to get acceptance in all the school I did apply. So it depend on your GPA, but from my research and also from what other people have say on this forum in the past Uni Stuttgart is having high GPA requirement, but don't discourage yourself even if youu don't have a strong GPA. When submiting your application make you have a powerful motivation letter and if possible if you did some extra curriculum activity just add them as it wil also help. And please most important pray and fast while waiting for the feedback.
Regarding the course description back in South Africa at the start of each semester they used to give us the course description of each subject (It is basically all the chapters you did for each and every subject that its mention in your academic record). So if you can't get it from your deparment you can do it yourself.
If there's any further question or if I wasn't clear about my answer don't hesitate to ask me again.

Best Regards
You made first class? Chai!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
kilo4sure:

Not everyone who applies for study abroad do so because they already have the money, that's a limited perspective on how this whole thing works, I must confess to you.

Have the money or have a plan on how to get the money before you apply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
Guitarlife:

Hello bro, am grateful for your time. Please note that I personaly prefer to do it at the embassy basically because of the sentiments raised by sm1 up there that TUM rejected his docs.

I just wanted to know if its possible to do it at the embassy by proxy.

I hope other experienced guys in the house can also chip in their own bit.

Many thanks.

TUM rejected my documents too. They give me admission and asked me to send it later.
They can admit you even if it is not properly sealed or certified. And don't get me wrong. You have to do it properly as stated in the website. Else it is assumed they haven't received a certified copy even after you have been admitted. Just wanted you to know this.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
kosplateau:

When I read it my brother, I laughed and fell off the bed! Na wa o grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
ogagaejay:

Have the money or have a plan on how to get the money before you apply
Yeah but that's a seperate issue from what we are discussing, even if you have a plan to get the money for block account, that doesn't make you rich enough at the moment to make all the applications, some people sponsor themselves for the application process so with the admission letter they can then convince those willing to help them. BTW, I would agree it is risky to do the contact thing, I'm just against the myopic view that because someone applies to study abroad then his bank account is already full to settle all application expenses. This is not an issue anyway, Ciao.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
styles2009:

@Crowns Abeg stop visiting those area, many funny ppl with different agenda as yours, i know you want to shop for African stuff or see fellow Africans/Nigerians but if they are not students like yourself with same focus its pure distraction.
Go to the African shop, pick the items you need and leave asap
Be safe
Greetings from Hamburg
My egbon and long term frenemy, I have been praying for you.. Have you finally graduated from secondary school?abi na studienkolleg?
The lord is your strength!
kosplateau:

I wanted to reach the same conclusion but then read where he stated clearly that he is Cameroonian... You know what that implies.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
kilo4sure:

Yeah but that's a seperate issue from what we are discussing, even if you have a plan to get the money for block account, that doesn't make you rich enough at the moment to make all the applications, some people sponsor themselves for the application process so with the admission letter they can then convince those willing to help them. BTW, I would agree it is risky to do the contact thing, I'm just against the myopic view that because someone applies to study abroad then his bank account is already full to settle all application expenses. This is not an issue anyway, Ciao.

Have the money or have a plan on how to get the money before you apply.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Eke40seven:

My egbon and long term frenemy, I have been praying for you.. Have you finally graduated from secondary school?abi na studienkolleg?
The lord is your strength!

I wanted to reach the same conclusion but then read where he stated clearly that he is Cameroonian... You know what that implies.
I know but d first class...if not taught in English no problems.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
kilo4sure:

If u don't have that money or plans to have it...omo..all efforts fit go waste oh. I have seen it b4.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Okay i need to make somes issues clear here. Because many of you are surprise or having some issues with some statement I have made. Well I don't blame you at all, I have been around many African that when there aren't able to achieve something on they own all they can do is complaint.
And I also know when it come to issue of fraud and corruption Cameroon is Nigeria petit frere.
For some of you, YES I'm Cameroonian and I'm proud @ Mr Eke40Seven,
I did my under Graduate in South Africa @ University of Pretoria and my average percentage was 92.5/100. And if some of you are having doubt well I don't blame you only God know what I'm saying is true. And if you want I can give you my fullname in private msg so that you can google my name I'm sure you will find somes of the paper that I wrote during my undergrad, and also price that I won during my curriculum. Or more. I can take a pic of my degree, my academic record with the graduation book with name and you will see where they mentioned I graduate Suma Cum laude, and before I forgot I won't the dean medal.
Well Mrs Crowns2, you can continue laughing and please don't laugh till you break your bed.
I guess it was because of my scientific publication and also achievement that I was offer a Hiwi position with Max Planck Solid state Institute.
Mr Kosplatean I hope I answer your question.

Please anyone coming to stuttgart this summer make sure you secure accommodation, I found a really good Nigerian guy who's working at the Studentwerk who help me secure accommodation since I didn't apply online, as my first choice was Magderbug. So I think if you are struggling he might also be of great help I will ask him about giving his email to student struggling with accommodation.
And I did answer all the email that I recieved, and will keep answering them to the best of my knowlegde.
Best Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Tchio2020:
Okay i need to make somes issues clear here. Because many of you are surprise or having some issues with some statement I have made. Well I don't blame you at all, I have been around many African that when there aren't able to achieve something on they own all they can do is complaint.
And I also know when it come to issue of fraud and corruption Cameroon is Nigeria petit frere.
For some of you, YES I'm Cameroonian and I'm proud @ Mr Eke40Seven,
I did my under Graduate in South Africa @ University of Pretoria and my average percentage was 92.5/100. And if some of you are having doubt well I don't blame you only God know what I'm saying is true. And if you want I can give you my fullname in private msg so that you can google my name I'm sure you will find somes of the paper that I wrote during my undergrad, and also price that I won during my curriculum. Or more. I can take a pic of my degree, my academic record with the graduation book with name and you will see where they mentioned I graduate Suma Cum laude, and before I forgot I won't the dean medal.
Well Mrs Crowns2, you can continue laughing and please don't laugh till you break your bed.
I guess it was because of my scientific publication and also achievement that I was offer a Hiwi position with Max Planck Solid state Institute.
Mr Kosplatean I hope I answer your question.

Please anyone coming to stuttgart this summer make sure you secure accommodation, I found a really good Nigerian guy who's working at the Studentwerk who help me secure accommodation since I didn't apply online, as my first choice was Magderbug. So I think if you are struggling he might also be of great help I will ask him about giving his email to student struggling with accommodation.
And I did answer all the email that I recieved, and will keep answering them to the best of my knowlegde.
Best Regards
Na wa oh.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
kosplateau:

If u don't have that money or plans to have it...omo..all efforts fit go waste oh. I have seen it b4.
You misunderstand me, but anyhow let this issue die, I'm not interested in pushing it further, read my comment well and you'll see I don't necessarily disagree with you, just correcting a notion.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
kosplateau:

Go read my post again, I never disagreed with you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
kosplateau:

Go read my post again, I never disagreed with you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
ogagaejay:

Have the money or have a plan on how to get the money before you apply.
I never said otherwise boss.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
Wow Double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.