Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996931 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello everyone, I need to borrow you guys brain because am running out of ideas. My transcript is delaying as the rector of my school is not on sit to sign. I once saw on this thread somebody said he/ she got admitted by uploading documents online Abi by just filling the online application( can't remember the exact). Then the documents can be sent later for verification. Pls I need such schools.
Just thinking time is going and probably when I will get the transcript deadline will really be close.
I don't need anybody to tell me and lazy because I have searched all the schools on daad.de. am applying for bsc with my HND. Don't wana gamble with my sponsorship letter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aodis: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
house pls o can i open a blocked account or book an appointment without admission?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bethiano(m): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
aodis:
house pls o can i open a blocked account or book an appointment without admission?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Pls oooon how can I go to germany, without opening a blocked account, or getting a scholarship or even a sponsorship letter. And I want to study in their best university for free , in same class with Angela Merkel's son ?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
Galads:
Hello everyone, I need to borrow you guys brain because am running out of ideas. My transcript is delaying as the rector of my school is not on sit to sign. I once saw on this thread somebody said he/ she got admitted by uploading documents online Abi by just filling the online application( can't remember the exact). Then the documents can be sent later for verification. Pls I need such schools.
Just thinking time is going and probably when I will get the transcript deadline will really be close.
I don't need anybody to tell me and lazy because I have searched all the schools on daad.de. am applying for bsc with my HND. Don't wana gamble with my sponsorship letter.
Even when you're applying online, you'll still need to upload your transcript. Sorry bro, but you need to get that document.

Bethiano:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhaha
Pls oooon how can I go to germany, without opening a blocked account, or getting a scholarship or even a sponsorship letter. And I want to study in their best university for free , in same class with Angela Merkel's son ?
Chai. This guy no go kill me ooooooooh!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by krizhk(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
aodis:

A very big No
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
aodis:
Some schools give a document that you can use to open your blocked account and possibly book VISA appointment while you have not been officially rejected/accepted - I know uni-hamburg does this.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
In a way i think i agree with u bethiano. But dis subject is very tricky. because german admission isn't based on Grade point alone makes it tricky. So its personal. Ive seen someone apply to 10 and get one and ive seen someone apply to 1 and get d one. There's just no way to judge.
Besides many schools have plan b for this kind of thing. If they dont hear from u before a particular date they will offer ur place to someone else. So its nt everytime that notifying them u wont be coming is necessary. All in all i think i support the as many schools as possible. The only thing i have to add is before u apply be sure of what u want to do. If na msc mechanical for instance restrict ur application to mechanical, automotive or power. Nt that u also apply to aerospace or process or chemical or energy. Dat is what makes many people apply to so many courses. Pick a prog and maybe maximum of 2 related fields. Nt that u just apply to any related field.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
just want few clarifications my cgpa is 2.70 what is are my chances of getting admission for MSc in a German university
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
aodis:

Yes of course, you can. Follow William's advice.

Oga Bethaino, small small o...
I no like the way you answer that guy at all.
Why just attack him like that, when you are not even 100% sure

Cahnellven, your department still get issues with transcipts o..been trying to call you but your number is switched off

Twinkle1, abeg which school be that? My schools accommodation office don gimme room oh...but d money wey i need to transfer to book the room e too much.
In Big cities - think Hamburg, Berlin, Munich- it is advisable to get a room before coming. Although it is a risky venture, sometimes its worth it, so as not to suffer the initial accommodation stress. And yes, u transfer the money from 9ja (most times), and it includes the 1st month rent plus deposit for ensuring you keep the house in good condition during ur stay (and in most cases, u get to sign a 6month or 1year contract). The general rule of thumb is that, if the housing ish is been done by ur school's accommodation office directly, then it is safe to transfer money, as you will be refunded albeit not fully (it depends) if you could no longer make it to the school. If however, you are dealing with private landlords and em WGs, guy abeg reach there first before yo pay make ur money no enter voicemail.
Be careful however to ensure that both the room cost and additional costs - internet, heating, cable TV, etc- dey part of the rent. Else you go suffer later.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

Yes of course, you can. Follow William's advice.

Oga Bethaino, small small o...
I no like the way you answer that guy at all.
Why just attack him like that, when you are not even 100% sure

Cahnellven, your department still get issues with transcipts o..been trying to call you but your number is switched off

i don tire for their case sef . Na over 3months now ,dem dey dia dey dull . God pass them.

i somewhat lost my phone . Will get a replacement within the coming days . You can send me a mail

how the prep na ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
cahnellven:

i don tire for their case sef . Na over 3months now ,dem dey dia dey dull . God pass them.

i somewhat lost my phone . Will get a replacement within the coming days . You can send me a mail

how the prep na ?

Oga mi, we dey find money ooooooooooooooooo cheesy wink cheesy hehehe grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

Oga mi, we dey find money ooooooooooooooooo cheesy wink cheesy hehehe grin
all zzzz well .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Eke40seven:

Okay boss! sorry if it has been long you sent it, the messages go to my spam so I don't get the notifications on my mail, however, I replied before I saw your post. You can send your contacts to my mail.

LOL
Amen!!!

2.55-2.59 is still 2.5.

That is the German grading system for you. Any other number after the first decimal point is inconsequential whether 0.01 or 0.09.

So you beat the minimum requirement for at least 80% of the English taught courses in Germany in your field or. related field of course.

God bless you!
can some help me out with these my FPGA is 2.70 what are my chances if I apply for MSc in Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
aodis:

That depends.

If your school has an online application portal check if they sent you a document confirming receipt of your application.

The university of hamburg does that. I used that letter (which was not an admission letter) to open my blocked account.

So unless you have such a document then you can't open your account.

If that is your case (absence of said document) wait for an admission letter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Bethiano:

Bros, pls step up ur effort, u have a 3.71 for God sake . Stop this laziness! What u are looking for is 2 pages behind.

Take am jooor make e no be like say person too dey over talk .

studienangebot.rub.de/en/biochemistry/master-1-subject

Language of instruction is in english, it will pay u to see cindis response to one guy like dat. Its just on page 74 -76.

Lol
Thankx a sis not a bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
cahnellven:

you can try out msc biochemistry at ruhr universitat bochum,application is ongoing till july 15th ,or msc biological sciences at university of cologne ,deadline is june 30th though

all the best .
Thanks plenty. All the best too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
I think I am also in Nellyb's shoe. I guess its cos we study related courses... I came to realize after several applications and rejections that some courses are generally competitive in 90% of German Universities. Even after meeting all their requirements.
Geoscience courses are known to be expensive in great unis in UK, US n around the world, which made most eyes to be on Germany. Imagine Engineering, physics, mathematics graduates across the globe still fighting for the same slot.

Let me use myself as a case study, I applied to 4 schls against summer 2015...I studied geophysics. I was rejected by all, MSC physics in Muenster n Ulm plus MSC in Engineering Physics TUM. Reason; I didn't meet the requirement based on the number of pure physics I did in Bsc. Finally, by Uni Bayreuth (MSC experimental Geoscience) Reason; I scored 14.5 points in their assessment, minimum point expected was 12.0 (motiv letter was poorly graded). I accepted all these in good faith... Around Feb ending I had to refire n throw more applications. This time around I faced geoscience courses (LMU, Stuttgart, Tuebingen), I bet you my application was well packaged n my GP is 2,2 in German system. By April ending I got feedback from LMU n Tuebingen that I was refused. Reason; although my previous degree is recognized but I was not selected because the course is highly competitive.... I almost lost hope this time around. I later felt I shd change region of the schools I am applying to:I discovered Kiel, Bremen, TU Freiberg n TU Darmstadt*
Presently, I am proud to say I am admitted to TU Freiberg-Groundwater management (I don't mind if its in the east). Still expecting to hear from KIEL, Bremen n TU Darmstadt...I had to mention the schools so that you can
know the calibre of schools that offer Geoscience courses.
No one is perfect, for the fact that you are admitted with one or two apps does not mean you should feel those that 'multi-apply' are wrong. Its a matter of dream and determination.
I would have missed the chance of the possibility of studying in Deutschland this winter if I had stopped at 7 schools, a post I saw in the previous thread inspired me... The guy applied to 13 schools n got d offer of admission from the 13th school.
Please, for the sake of those that are still aspiring to study this winter or next yr. Do not limit yourself and never mind what people say.
My longest post...I didnt point any finger, I just want somebody somewhere to learn from my story.
In short... Don't give up. Cheers

15 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 12:09am On Jun 12, 2015
scofield03:
I think I am also in Nellyb's shoe. I guess its cos we study related courses... I came to realize after several applications and rejections that some courses are generally competitive in 90% of German Universities. Even after meeting all their requirements.
Geoscience courses are known to be expensive in great unis in UK, US n around the world, which made most eyes to be on Germany. Imagine Engineering, physics, mathematics graduates across the globe still fighting for the same slot.

Let me use myself as a case study, I applied to 4 schls against summer 2015...I studied geophysics. I was rejected by all, MSC physics in Muenster n Ulm plus MSC in Engineering Physics TUM. Reason; I didn't meet the requirement based on the number of pure physics I did in Bsc. Finally, by Uni Bayreuth (MSC experimental Geoscience) Reason; I scored 14.5 points in their assessment, minimum point expected was 12.0 (motiv letter was poorly graded). I accepted all these in good faith... Around Feb ending I had to refire n throw more applications. This time around I faced geoscience courses (LMU, Stuttgart, Tuebingen), I bet you my application was well packaged n my GP is 2,2 in German system. By April ending I got feedback from LMU n Tuebingen that I was refused. Reason; although my previous degree is recognized but I was not selected because the course is highly competitive.... I almost lost hope this time around. I later felt I shd change region of the schools I am applying to:I discovered Kiel, Bremen, TU Freiberg n TU Darmstadt*
Presently, I am proud to say I am admitted to TU Freiberg-Groundwater management (I don't mind if its in the east). Still expecting to hear from KIEL, Bremen n TU Darmstadt...I had to mention the schools so that you can
know the calibre of schools that offer Geoscience courses.
No one is perfect, for the fact that you are admitted with one or two apps does not mean you should feel those that 'multi-apply' are wrong. Its a matter of dream and determination.
I would have missed the chance of the possibility of studying in Deutschland this winter if I had stopped at 7 schools, a post I saw in the previous thread inspired me... The guy applied to 13 schools n got d offer of admission from the 13th school.
Please, for the sake of those that are still aspiring to study this winter or next yr. Do not limit yourself and never mind what people say.
My longest post...I didnt point any finger, I just want somebody somewhere to learn from my story.
In short... Don't give up. Cheers
Spot on bro. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadura29(m): 12:52am On Jun 12, 2015
please ooo pardon me, my question might take you guys back to part one of this thread, but I just need a clear explanation.. 180 ects is equivalent to what grade in Nigeria?. also I am graduate with cgpa 2.2.. what are my chances of gaining admission in german... Please help me with your Medula..

vielen Danke!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 7:28am On Jun 12, 2015
hadura29:
please ooo pardon me, my question might take you guys back to part one of this thread, but I just need a clear explanation.. 180 ects is equivalent to what grade in Nigeria?. also I am graduate with cgpa 2.2.. what are my chances of gaining admission in german... Please help me with your Medula..

vielen Danke!!!

180 ects is not a grade but credit units .it means european credit transfer system.
A year of study in germary is usually equivalent to 60ects,so 180ects is for three years .

Provided you studied for four years and above in naija,you'll probably meet and surpass the ects requirments .

As for you being a 2.2 graduate,that is generally not a problem. You should be able to meet the minimum requirments of 90% of the programmes in your field and related fields provided your graduating grade is 2.88 and above.

vielen gluck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2015
hadura29:

vielen Danke!!!

180 ects is not a grade but credit units .it means european credit transfer system.
A year of study in germary is usually equivalent to 60ects,so 180ects is for three years .

Provided you studied for four years and above in naija,you'll probably meet and surpass the ects requirments .

As for you being a 2.2 graduate,that is generally not a problem. You should be able to meet the minimum requirments of 90% of the programmes in your field and related fields provided your graduating grade is 2.88 and above, anything less means you're on a long thing.

***IF YOUR FINAL GRADE IS 2.2 then the chances are almost non existent***

vielen gluck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2015
Please, My people I just want to find out if anyone has been able to secure admission in Germany with a CGPA of 2.90 on 5.0 scale which is equivalent to the required 2.5 on German scale?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2015
BRos dis question was just answered two posts before urs na. Nt even on anoda page. Pls take d time to read before asking questions. D guy clearly said 2.88 and above and ur likely to get admisiiin. And on d previous page eke40seven has shown how to convert grades in nigeria to german.
victz:
Please, My people I just want to find out if anyone has been able to secure admission in Germany with a CGPA of 2.90 on 5.0 scale which is equivalent to the required 2.5 on German scale?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2015
@dammymayor; My question is different, am asking if anyone has been able to secure admission in Germany with a CGPA of 2.90? Am not asking if it's possible. We all assume it's possible which I also believe it maybe possible too. But has anyone been able to secure admission with a CGPA as low as that? Please anyone like that should let us know for more clearification.

dammymayor:
BRos dis question was just answered two posts before urs na. Nt even on anoda page. Pls take d time to read before asking questions. D guy clearly said 2.88 and above and ur likely to get admisiiin. And on d previous page eke40seven has shown how to convert grades in nigeria to german.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2015
@ Eke40seven, could you please send your e-mail address? I have some vital questions to ask behind the camera. Thank you!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 15thMonica: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2015
olaabiodun:
@ Eke40seven, could you please send your e-mail address? I have some vital questions to ask behind the camera. Thank you!
kindly ask them here, we can all close our eye wen d scene is in place.... undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2015
Pls is there anyone in the house applying or have applied to trier university?i want to apply but german lang too much for their application portal even after changing the language to english...I no just understand undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2015
baggylips:
Pls is there anyone in the house applying or have applied to trier university?i want to apply but german lang too much for their application portal even after changing the language to english...I no just understand undecided

Wefin u nor Really Understand?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aodis: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2015
pls my pple who applied to jacobs university?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by atrapon(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
Cindino20:

Durin my time I submitted the letter the coy I did my industrial training with gave to me statin that I did an internship with them for 6mths....

For the motivation letter...lemme try to gv u an overview

First paragraph: a brief introduction of urself highlighting ur achievements ( scholarship, Awards ,Prize etc).

Second paragram Research experience ( Thesis n internship experience) ..then correlate this experience to Chm program in Rub( why u decide to study chm @RUB ans: State d aspect of chm u find interesting (Inorganic , Organic )International exposure, Research base course and it will give u d opportunity to conduct research with experts in chm, learning new lang and experiencing a new culture)

Third paragraph: Explain why the admission committee shld pick u ( Motivation) and hw d program will impact on ur future careeer .

Fourth paragraph: Conlusion.

I m nt an expert in Motivation letter but I think this format is nt bad and experts can add to it.

I hope this helps.

All the best.
boss cindino,pls tell me about our school..things we r known for,lab/research centres,competence and qualifications of our lecturers/professors..am dealing wit letter of motivation
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
aodis:
pls my pple who applied to jacobs university?

Thats privAte school bro,700 euro monthly.

Anyway its a cool school,i sent an application there for a friend and he was accepted.
But bro,that fee is on the high side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.