Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,731 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) (40056 Views)

Obiano Tours First Ultra Modern 24/7 Filling Station In Anambra (photos) / I’ll Lead Massive Campaign Against APC – Bode George / Fashola Dancing Shoki At APC Campaign Rally (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by GOGMIG(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2015
Joel3:
I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan

Link
www.nairaland.com/2099127/go-exile-dont-build-second

This Gej still has not run exile yet. Just maybe after Febuhari 14 in kiri kiri

How time flies

Posted 31/08/2012 07:52:44 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to go on exile if he fails to build the Second Niger Bridge before completing his term in 2015.

The Nigerian leader made the promise in his remarks at a Town Hall Meeting held yesterday in the commercial city of Onitsha as part of activities marking his one-day visit to Anambra State. During the visit, Jonathan commissioned several projects, including the oil production facilities of Orient Petroleum at Aguleri, the massive SABMiller Brewery
at Onitsha and the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu- Ojukwu Gateway in Onitsha. The issue of Second Niger Bridge naturally came up during the Town Hall Meeting since Jonathan had during his campaigns for the 2011 presidential ballot promised to construct the bridge if elected President.

Experts have warned that the existing bridge constructed in 1965 may collapse any time in view of the heavy traffic. Speaking yesterday at the Town Hall Meeting, the Nigerian leader said that “when the first bridge was built, it was during the presidency of Nnamdi Azikiwe; the second Niger bridge will be built under the presidency of Azikiwe Jonathan.”

To further reassure the people, the President said he would go on exile on the completion of his term if he does not build the bridge. To convince his audience that serious efforts are being made to build the bridge, invited Works Minister Mike Onolomemen and Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to brief the people on what was being done about the construction of the bridge. Onolomemen reeled out the technical details about the design of the bridge and the companies bidding to construct it, while Okonjo- Iweala unfolded details about the financial arrangements being made to construct the bridge. At the end of the meeting, some of the participants, among them businessman Prince Arthur Eze were so thrilled that they urged President Jonathan to seriously consider seeking re-election in 2015. *Photo (courtesy Afripol) shows President Jonathan, flanked on the left by Governor Peter Obi, waves at the crowd on his way to Onitsha.

www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234

Updated

www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=+I+will+go+on+exile+if+I+don%27t+build+Second+Niger+Bridge+%E2%80%94President+

Go and Die in APCs voice

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Malawian:

you only succeeded in telling us that you served in anambra state.

Do you wanna hangout? Where in Anambra do you stay? We can meet up and continue thus discussion face to face

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by skak(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2015
This Ebola Jona Bad is once again deceiving himself. He never listen to humble people of Nigeria

Pastor TUNDE BAKARE says...
"I support Buhari."

Rev MBAKA says...
"Goodluck is badluck to Nigeria."

Cardinal Okogie says...
"President Jonathan should Forget Second Term."

Pastor Kalejaye of RCCG says...
"Buhari, A Better Candidate Than Jonathan."

Rev Chris Okotie says...
"Jonathan's declaration hasoccult connotation.''

Pastor Bomang Moses says...
"Go to the streets and spread the Gospel of Change. Ask them to Vote for Change, This is the turn of Nigeria.''

Apostle Sulleiman says...
''2015 election would be areplica of June 12 where the Nation will unite againsta particular candidate."

Apostle Oludeji says...
"In 2011, the masses chose Goodluck Jonathan but after the election he chose the politicians. Now its time to say goodbye."

Pastor Uchena says...
"Use your PVC to claim back your Destiny because
prayers alone can't change anything without good
leadership."

Pastor Uchena says...
"My God told me that Buhari means well for Nigeria.Poverty does whether you are a Christian or Muslim."

Pastor Peter Kayode says...
"In 2012 i told my daddy in the Lord that President Goodluck is never a Christian but an agent of destruction."

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Dammyjohn(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2015
JECBOSS:
ceo4eva, U're really causing serious hypertension to APC clowns here. Keep it up!
But they should not die so that they can witness Mr President winning the election again.Up GEJ.Till 2022!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Eziachi: 11:50am On Jan 18, 2015
I do not get some of my kinsmen sometimes. There is no ambiguity about it that Jonathan used the promise of building a bridge and a container wharf in Onitsha to get your vote 4 years ago. And you promised to vote for him and an agreements of a sort between two parties was made.

You went to the poll and fulfilled your side of the agreement. Four years later on his part, rather than handing you over a brand new bridge, he was rather showing you a picture of how the promised bridge will look like, especially on the day he arrived to ask you for another vote. Does that make any sense?

And you never even asked him what happened last time and why no bridge and when the bridge is finally built, why you now have to pay for it unlike other bridges across Nigeria?

There is nothing wrong being loyal but when loyalty is one sided, it's pitiable. You can guarantee Jonathan another vote but at least make him sweat for it. That how a reasonable person will act. If he break a promise in the past without any price paid, what stopped him negating again?

It is a known fact that most presidents, not exclusive to Nigeria tend to do more in their first term because they had their eyes on the second term. But in their second term, they may care less because they don't need you and your vote anymore.
It's sad when someone is taking you for a ride and you don't know it. In a true democracy, promise of an infrastructure like a bridge should never had even been a political issue or a gesture for a vote.

It's your right to have infrastructures provided by your government using your money placed in their care, whether you voted for them or not.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by biafranqueen: 11:50am On Jan 18, 2015
ceo4eva:
God Bless Jonathan!
God Bless Anambra State!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Amen! Amen! Amen!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by PhockPhockMan: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2015
omenka:
He has presented them with the second Niger Bridge he promised afterall; a picture of it!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!gringringrin

Dude's is an awesome symbol of comedy! cheesy
Cry for yourself bro.
I thought you people paid MBAKA to direct us where to vote, Why the panic?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by enzony(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2015
GEJ shall win and the bridge shall be completed. Nigeria also shall move forward.

No to backward change. GEJ is already the change we needed.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by enyice(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2015
A friend sent this across, photos of the 2nd Niger bridge

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by M4gunners: 11:53am On Jan 18, 2015
And they say people from that region hate him. Now i know they are many haters here. GEJ till haters repent. Meawhile, first Lady is getting more love from women's wings.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2015
gboss4sure:

Direct your anger to the northerners, they caused the shit they are into today just because of the quest to get power back.

The worst thing that will happen to Nigeria in 2015 is for a northerner to win the election, it will set a bad example that whenever a non northerner wins the presidency, the way to get it back is to start throwing bombs up and down.

Your tribal hate / religious bigotry won't work here. I am looking beyond religion, please to everyone reading this if u check all my posts you would ever see where I said Buhari is the best candidate for Nigeria , but he is the better option unfortunately .. I say it again rather than have GEJ for another month as president it's best we return to military rule. Nigeria has grown beyond tribe and religion, in our diversity should lie our strength
Look at developed nations like America, with different races, religions and what have you. We should.learn from this. People like you should be arrested or hanged so you don't affect others with your evil way of thinking. You sir are worse than the devil...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by thewarrior72: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2015
usqoh:
PEOPLE ARE HYPOCRITES

When you attack black people, They call it “Racism”, When you attack Jewish people, They call it “Anti-semetism”, When you attack Christian people, They call it “Anti-Crusaders”, When you attack Women, they call it “Gender discrimination”, When you attack Homosexuality, They call “Intolerance”, When you attack a country, They call it “Terrorism”, When you attack religious sect, they call it “Hate speech”, but when they attack at the dignity of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD (PBUH), They call it “Freedom of Expression”. When very few of those who lack self-control react, they call all Muslims terrorists.

WHAT AN HYPOCRITICAL WORLD WE LIVE IN.

Muslims cant denigrate other peoples religious value because we respect you all, yet they make mockery of ours. We Muslims, should leave them and stay calm. They love war and violence, we wont give it to them.

ISLAM IS PEACE.
Take your bullshit out of this thread, does this thread resembles Afghanistan or France? GTFOH MUHAMMED.

Thanks op, I love the colourfulness of those pictured, God bless u

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by biafranqueen: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2015
ceo4eva:

Have u ever visited the construction site before or just stay at the comfort of ur home to make false comments? Abeg, visit the site and see the level of work there, then come back and say ur mind.
Which kinda bridge build in 4 years The test alone take 1 year.

Brooklyn Bridge
Construction started on January 3, 1870 completed in 1883.

This bridge is named after the King of Saudi Arabia, his highness, King Fahad. The bridge has four lanes and is a total of 8 kilometers long. The bridge was completed in the year 1986 after a total construction period of fifteen years. The construction cost around $1.2 billion. The bridge holds a significant importance in terms of trade and commerce between Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.

How many administrations worked on Third Mainland Bridge until it was completed in 1990

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by ugodollars50: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Myluv1:

Are you kidding me? shocked You don't even know where the town is obviously.
hapu ofeke nwa ofe mmanu a aka bia lu NYSC ka ona kotori

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by thewarrior72: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
lestat:
Anambra state, ogidi in idemili north, just after nkpor u get to abagana...from there onto ogidi...do u want more? Buhari will beat GEJ in every south eastern state!!!!! Mark my words
This guy is on drug shocked undecided

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by PhockPhockMan: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
kingthreat:
Ibos, selling their birth right since 1967
SEE PAIN-MENT.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
thewarrior72:
This guy is on drug shocked undecided

If I respond in kind it would only mean I have recognized that you are worthy of one, but instead I chose to give you as much attention as I would an earthworm hence meaning your words bore the slightest significance whatsoever
You my dear are irrelevant in this discussion as you would only serve for mild entertainment to those of higher intellect as would a clown or a balloon filled of fart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Adelebadmos(m): 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
Fruitless effort!!!!
;
grin
grin
;

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by FKO81(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
No amount of propaganda, lies, deceits, blackmail will change our minds towards GEJ, 99% of Igbo nation all over Nigeria will support GEJ. Nigeria president is not hausa fulani birth right.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by PStacks(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
ceo4eva:
President Jonathan's Campaign team received a rousing and overwhelming welcome yesterday in Onitsha, Anambra State.
The massive rally held at the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity Field Onitsha.
The crowd was so overwhelming that security details couldn't control the over-joyous women who advanced towards the First Lady to touch her. It was an atmosphere filled with celebration, love and enthusiasm for the President and his entourage.
Pictures speak more;

Stage managed crowd. even the repoting is so artificial and lacks indept.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by philips70(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
But why can't Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Chukwuma Ndubuisi Chimaoroke Jonathan speak Igbo in the Obi's palace? Is he no longer an Igbo man? Even heard him saying the "breeze" will be completed in 40 months. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by randsboy: 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
Joel3:

Lol grin grin grin na you make me laugh real hard.

we dont want the road plan picture my friend. Every corrupt government have pictures of construction plans yet with no thing on site. You guys can't fool nigeria anymore this 2015.

We want to see the bridge completed before february 14.

Otherwise no vote here.

That one na Campaign wash when jona day show us construction plan pictures. contrary to his promise in 2011 election.

Will the Ibo still trust this man? You be the judge. trust him at your on peri.
Talking abt corrupt government, is Buhari him self not corrupt? And again what impart did Buhari made in Nigeria when he was the head of state that will make us re-elect as a president bcus to me the only thing he did was to steal our money and nothing ex

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by PhockPhockMan: 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
goryorhal:

No b your fault ... Na the road you go chop abi ..
Park well abegi
You people are useless, you've been campaigning that Jonathan didn't do any road in South East, now you've been served the evidence, you're crying.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
goryorhal:

Na so bro !!! I dey feel you ..
In as much I love my ibo fwends but some of dem here dey talk as if say dem won vote pass one ..
E better make una open una eyes and stop jubilating the paper bridge ...
Na una go sell the bridge last ...

Change for Good
Naija need change
Yoruba ,Ibo,Hausa need Change..

God bless us all ....

Abi ooo. Let them know. Last time I was talking with an Ibo man about the elections, he said Jonathan is one of theirs. I had to burst into laughter grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
enyice:
A friend sent this across, photos of the 2nd Niger bridge
am impressed coolcoolcool
Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by thewarrior72: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Has he completed the bridge as he pledged?

Has he gone on exile as he promised?

undecided undecided

We're talking about a bridge that is nowhere near 50% completion in 2015 against his promise to complete it before May 29, 2015.

This is the more reason the Igbos will continue to remain at the back in Nigerian politics.
Why killing yourself over igbos?, we have rejected you & your principals & whatever islamic change you want to bring to us.As u can see, we the igbos don't subscribe to your islamic change, so shove it down your ass & gtfoh tongue

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
What's our business with Patience Jonathan 'shinning'? Will that stop the incessant shedding of blood by those demons in the North-east?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by philips70(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
randsboy:
Talking abt corrupt government, is Buhari him self not corrupt? And again what impart did Buhari made in Nigeria when he was the head of state that will make us re-elect as a president bcus to me the only thing he did was to steal our money and nothing ex

You have no blame son. Pretty sure you were not born then. You must be among the youths the president said he will "exploit" their brain just because lies are his 4 cardinal points in the campaigns. These same kinds of criminal politicians invited the military back to power in late 1983. If not for the timely intervention Nigeria would have by now been a private company probably owned by the likes of the Dangotes, Ayenis, Adenugas etc.
Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by ybalogs(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
GEJ is working but unfortunately all he's been doing is enriching a very small percentage of our dear Nation.He's working but still we're ranked amongst the poorest nations in the world.GEJ is working but we're faced with threats of disintegration. GEJ is really working but our security that's well respected worldwide prior his coming in is now a BIG JOKE.GEJ is indeed working but we all know it's only his time that STEALING isn't CORRUPTION. GEJ is really working but we say his 6 years stay is OK.Jonathan can't be better than Jonathan certainly and we want an able hand to bring Nigeria to Greatness.The time for Change is now.
Let's vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by waternogetemeny: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
biafranqueen:
Which kinda bridge build in 4 years The test alone take 1 year.

Brooklyn Bridge
Construction started on January 3, 1870 completed in 1883.

This bridge is named after the King of Saudi Arabia, his highness, King Fahad. The bridge has four lanes and is a total of 8 kilometers long. The bridge was completed in the year 1986 after a total construction period of fifteen years. The construction cost around $1.2 billion. The bridge holds a significant importance in terms of trade and commerce between Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.

How many administrations worked on Third Mainland Bridge until it was completed in 1990

Thank u very much for this ur very wise post. They want the kind of bridge that will fall down and kill people like the interstate 35W bridge collapsed in Minneapolis United States of America, so dey can laugh.

One thing Ndiigbo can be sure of is that once that Bridge is completed, it will be solid and withstand the test of time.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by goryorhal(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
You people are useless, you've been campaigning that Jonathan didn't do any road in South East, now you've been served the evidence, you're crying.

Who is more useless between i , GEJ and you ?
I guess you are more useless , clueless and more daft than your president sef ...
Mumu Sheyb you don see bridge abi .. Oya carry plate go dey chop there ...
Mumu
Just pray to God that your life and everyone around you should change as your cluesess broda change naija ..
fOoL!!!!!
Change is all we seek for !!!
God bless naija
Re: Jonathan's Massive Campaign Rally in Onitsha, Anambra (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
is gmb really going to win south east...i have been randomly asking people for the past 1 month who is their favourite candidate for presidential election would be, 99.9% of the time they go for GEJ (if not 100%) it is only on nairaland i hear/see otherwise

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abducted Kankara Katsina Schoolboys Released - Punch / Aisha Buhari, Children, Pray At An- Nur Mosque. / 2023: Tension Looms Nationwide – Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.