Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,726 members, 7,813,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' (7046 Views)

Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / Jonathan Finally Reveals Nigeria’s Worth Before Handing Over To Buhari / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bashydemy(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2015
Deji Adeyanju, an aide of Doyin Okupe, the Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, has been quoted as having said the government will prefer a military coup than handing over to the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari.
Adeyanju reportedly made the statement in a Blackberry Messenger message.

The statement was further posted on Facebook, a bromide of which is used to illustrate this news report.
The APC Presidential Campaign Organisation in a statement on Saturday by its spokesperson, Mallam Garba Shehu, took up Adeyanju on the issue.
In the statement, the APC Presidential Campaign Organization asked the general public to ponder on a statement posted on Facebook by an official of the Presidency saying their government will rather hand over power to the military than to Buhari in the event that the APC candidate wins the election.

The Blackberry Messenger statement by Adeyanju said: “Buhari can never be President of Nigeria. Quote me any day any time. Instead of Buhari to become President of Nigeria, Nigeria would rather break. A military coup will even be allowed than for Buhari to become the president of a democratic Nigeria quote me any day, any time.”

Shehu said in the statement: “Unless it is convincingly rebutted, the statement above, by the ruling party appears to clearly be uninterested in free, fair and conclusive elections, but rather to engender crisis and chaos if it happens that the APC candidate, General Buhari wins the elections.

“This revelation in a public statement via the BBM would appear to support the PDP’s avowed determination to rule for 60 years, a boast echoed repeatedly by some former national chairmen of the party. The boast however did not reckon with the emergence of the All Progressives Congress and the determination with which the party mobilized and stuck together to confront the PDP that over time had prided itself with invisibility.

“We of the APC hereby call on all Nigerians to be vigilant and ensure that no one is allowed to truncate the 2015 elections. It is also important that all Nigerians allow peace to reign and insist on free and fair polls to assist the process of peaceful and democratic transition.
“Similarly, our party, the APC is confident that the men and women of our patriotic Armed Forces and the Police, including other security agencies would discharge their obligations without fear or favour and ensure that the 2015 polls is not only free and fair but also credible leading to the installation of a popular-elected government that will improve the well-being of Nigerians.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/well-prefer-military-coup-to-handing-over-to-buhari-doyin-okupes-aide/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by ruggedboy01: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2015
let him win make this zoo break...... who is not tired of this country called nigeria angry

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by hyfr(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2015
I told my friends Nigeria must divide this year or next. Mark my words. An illiterate cannot govern a Phd holder,mba nu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by fkaz(m): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2015
They don't want to go to jail grin

23 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by PerfectFortune: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2015
The fear of GMB is the begining of wisdom for looters.

28 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by Joel3(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2015
I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan

Link
www.nairaland.com/2099127/go-exile-dont-build-second

This Gej still has not run exile yet. Just maybe after Febuhari 14 in kiri kiri

How time flies

Posted 31/08/2012 07:52:44 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to go on exile if he fails to build the Second Niger Bridge before completing his term in 2015.

The Nigerian leader made the promise in his remarks at a Town Hall Meeting held yesterday in the commercial city of Onitsha as part of activities marking his one-day visit to Anambra State. During the visit, Jonathan commissioned several projects, including the oil production facilities of Orient Petroleum at Aguleri, the massive SABMiller Brewery
at Onitsha and the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu- Ojukwu Gateway in Onitsha. The issue of Second Niger Bridge naturally came up during the Town Hall Meeting since Jonathan had during his campaigns for the 2011 presidential ballot promised to construct the bridge if elected President.

Experts have warned that the existing bridge constructed in 1965 may collapse any time in view of the heavy traffic. Speaking yesterday at the Town Hall Meeting, the Nigerian leader said that “when the first bridge was built, it was during the presidency of Nnamdi Azikiwe; the second Niger bridge will be built under the presidency of Azikiwe Jonathan.”

To further reassure the people, the President said he would go on exile on the completion of his term if he does not build the bridge. To convince his audience that serious efforts are being made to build the bridge, invited Works Minister Mike Onolomemen and Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to brief the people on what was being done about the construction of the bridge. Onolomemen reeled out the technical details about the design of the bridge and the companies bidding to construct it, while Okonjo- Iweala unfolded details about the financial arrangements being made to construct the bridge. At the end of the meeting, some of the participants, among them businessman Prince Arthur Eze were so thrilled that they urged President Jonathan to seriously consider seeking re-election in 2015. *Photo (courtesy Afripol) shows President Jonathan, flanked on the left by Governor Peter Obi, waves at the crowd on his way to Onitsha.

www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234

Updated

www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=+I+will+go+on+exile+if+I+don%27t+build+Second+Niger+Bridge+%E2%80%94President+

8 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by fkaz(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2015
hyfr:
I told my friends Nigeria must divide this year or next. Mark my words. An illiterate cannot govern a Phd holder,mba nu

Dangote has a PHD holder working as a driver under his company, who is a illiterate?

24 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by coolhamid(m): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2015
You all like it or not ,GMB will rule this nation ...

20 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by alaoeri: 9:54am On Jan 18, 2015
The fear of going to jail cheesy isn't it obvious GMB will cruise to victory? Shame on TANoids & their cohorts.
GMB/PYO 2015.

20 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bashydemy(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2015
I know PDP are upto something and we Nigerians wont allow them... They are telling us what they will do if they eventually loose the election... Wise up Nigeria they evil party are planing something evil this time around..

Meanwhile

Sai GMB

11 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by gabriel212: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2015
don't test a poor man with too much riches for he might try to kill to inherit all ur properties.
And don't rest a clueless one with POWER for he will be power drunk and can do anything to retain the power.
until that day let wait n see
OBJ SEE WHAT YOU CAUSE THE NATION!

7 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2015
hyfr:

Just when you thought your research on "The Prevalence Of Stark Illiteracy within PDP supporters" is complete..... a Nairaland TANoid like the one above takes you back to the beginning of your Thesis.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by smartigo: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2015
Jeez! It is becoming obvious the general elections have been rigged to favor GEJ. This is a treasonable statement even from the camp of the presidency.

Am I disappointed? No! This proves the change we are all clamouring for. GEJ has failed and he wants everything to go down with him. This is wickedness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by obamartins(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2015
Another APC propaganda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by babadee1(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2015
hyfr:

Buhari will win and nothing will happen. GEJ was never ready to be the president and it shows. This country must never allow a person who is unprepared to ever become president again.

6 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by obamartins(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2015
babadee1:

Buhari will win and nothing will happen. GEJ was never ready to be the president and it shows. This country must never allow a person who is unprepared to ever become president again.
dream on.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bashydemy(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
Mods FP
Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by scribble: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by babadee1(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
obamartins:
dream on.

You're the one dreaming. You need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bashydemy(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2015
obamartins:
Another APC propaganda.
So it's propaganda abi? Ok na me collect his BBM and type that trash.... na Only God know when you will start thinking with your brain and stop thinking with your anus.

4 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by obamartins(m): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2015
If u don't know that such things can be photoshopped, then you are a learner.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by citizenY(m): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2015
fkaz:

Dangote has a PHD holder working as a driver under his company, who is a illiterate?

The man wey no get money!!!!

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by scribble: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2015
Prince Deji Adeyanju, a front line Social Media campaigner for President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid  has described publications in online media which provided munched BBM chats where he allegedly said the military would be allowed to coup before Buhari would be allowed to be President of a democratic Nigeria as false and a fabrication.

In an emailed statement, Adeyanju said that he had been the victim of several malicious attacks which included hacking of his social media accounts by unknown opposition figures.

He dared the manufacturers of the munched BBM chat to come forward and prove its authenticity.

His statement including evidence of account hacks is reproduced below:

My attention has been drawn to an article circulated with the above caption written by one IG Wala and posted on :http://newsrescue.com/presidency-media-doyin-okupe-aide-threatens-nigeria-war-coup-event-buhari-win/#ixzz3P5QBbY9B wherein I was alleged of having said that the Military will take over if General Buhari wins the forth coming elections. The so-called evidence attached is a munched convoy purported to be mine. I challenge the authors of the munched convoy to come forward now and prove this fraudulent munched convoy.

I tweeted this yesterday at 8.13am

and all of a sudden a fabrication my detractors and trolls are circulating to be a BBM chat and which is an utterly untrue fabrication emerged.

It is shameful that some APC supporters can do and say anything just to justify their quest and struggle for power. Anyone seen to be supporting President Goodluck Jonathan and who is very vocal is a threat to them and their propaganda war. I know I am a serious threat to their propaganda business so I am not surprised by any level of blackmail. This is not going to be the first or last time I will be blackmailed. I have been called all sorts of names including a “government sniper”, “killer”, “assassin”, etc just because I am one of the leading online supporters of Jonathan.

The bad news for them is that I will not stop what I have been doing so they better brace-up. Even if I had said what is in the allegedly munched convoy, what is new about that narrative? What haven’t the likes of Elrufai, Buhari and Amaechi not said about 2015 elections? Elrufai has posted comments of coups, Buhari threatened bloodshed and Amaechi threatened parallel government. There’s nothing new about all this so called talk. They are stale. If elder statesmen can talk like this, then who am I? Is it not only one voter’s card I have?

The manufacturers of the imaginative article tried to link me with Dr. Doyin Okupe to give the plot a propaganda twist and I put to them this simple question: “where they there when Dr. Okupe employed me as his staff?”. These are the same scoundrels who hacked my Twitter account few weeks back because they know I have become too vocal and loud against their presidential candidate and their party. I will not stop until truth prevails.

Find attached proof of how they hacked my Twitter Account few weeks back.

http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-social-media-campaigner-says-war-mongering-report-utterly-untrue-fabrication/

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bashydemy(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:
The guy said it's APC propaganda that he never said such

http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-social-media-campaigner-says-war-mongering-report-utterly-untrue-fabrication/

Forget story, Word is like an egg, when its broken wont be able to put together... SO they hack him BBM too abi?

2 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by scribble: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2015
smartigo:
Jeez! It is becoming obvious the general elections have been rigged to favor GEJ. This is a treasonable statement even from the camp of the presidency.

Am I disappointed? No! This proves the change we are all clamouring for. GEJ has failed and he wants everything to go down with him. This is wickedness.

Pls stop spreading panic and falsehoods

Nobody wants Baba Buhari oyoyo
Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by Caseless: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2015
Una de hear dem abi? I swear, pdp we're ready for u. I have never felt the urge to put my life on the line for my vote and Nigeria like i'm feeling towards this election. If pdp do anyhow, we go react anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by scribble: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2015
bashydemy:
Forget story, Word is like an egg, when its broken wont be able to put together... SO they hack him BBM too abi?

Tbh it looks like a poor Photoshop manipulation

We need to stay on issues not campaign of calumny
Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bashydemy(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:

85% of Nigeria want him so bad to eradicate corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by smartigo: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:

How?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by bettercreature(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2015
PDP and jonathan will end up like GBAGBO of cote d'ivoire

5 Likes

Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by obamartins(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
Una de hear dem abi? I swear, pdp we're ready for u. I have never felt the urge to put my life on the line for my vote and Nigeria like i'm feeling towards this election. If pdp do anyhow, we go react anyhow.
You will die like a goat, and nobody will notice it, Nigeria will move on and nobody will miss u, so please be fast, put your life on the line. Bloody coward.
Re: Doyin Okupe’s Aide: 'We’ll Prefer Military Coup To Handing Over To Buhari' by obamartins(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
You will die like a goat, and nobody will notice it, Nigeria will move on and nobody will miss u, so please be fast, put your life on the line.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Sensitive Documents Lost In Federal Secretariat Fire — Education Minister / Senator Dino Melaye Mocks Akpabio For Losing Election With New Song (Video) / Ipob Call On Biafrans To Sign Petition To Un For Secession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.