Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! (946 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Fiancé/fiancée Breaks Up With U 2 Marry Your Best F? / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by Drmaverick: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Love is not always the best reason to marry someone. There are many other aspects of a person and relationship to look at before you decide to take this big step in your life. This article outlines ten reasons why you probably shouldn’t marry your boyfriend.

Girls pay attention to the FIRST one o!!smiley

1. He is spending himself into debt

If your boyfriend is already in debt, this could be a warning sign of things to come, especially if he’s not working himself out of the debt. If he doesn’t care about his debt and is only getting himself further into debt, this is not something you should marry into. Once you get married, his debt will become your debt, too. Remember, the way your boyfriend spends money will affect you as well once you’re married.

2. Honesty Lacks In The Relationship
I think we can all agree that any great relationship is based on honesty. If you are uncomfortable sharing your thoughts and dreams with him, and if he is hiding a part of his life from you, the topic of marriage shouldn’t even come up. You can’t spend a lifetime afraid to express your feelings or wondering if he is straightforward with you. Marriage should be a commitment between two best friends, who hide nothing from each other no matter how awful it may be.

3. He is Controlling
A man, who wants to control every aspect of your life, might propose just to gain a firmer hold on your life. If your man is constantly dictating every aspect of your life and discouraging you from seeing your family and friends while you are dating, this is a red flag. Once you are married, and his “property” the isolation from family and friends will only increase until there is no contact with them. You have to be able to recognize the signs and avoid this nightmare. A proposal should be an act of unconditional love, not from the fear of losing you.

4. He Can’t Hold a Job

I don’t know about you, but I do not want a man that I have to support. I am not a sugar momma. If your man cannot hold a job or is not working toward a career, don’t enter into marriage with him. Of course, we all have had jobs that don’t work out, but if your man is constantly being fired or quitting jobs, you will probably be financially supporting him throughout the marriage. Remember there may be times when you can’t work due to pregnancy and childbirth, and if he can’t (or won’t) keep a job think about the predicament you will be in.

5. He Has an Alcohol or Drug Problem
If you are dating a man with an alcohol or drug problem, under no circumstances should you marry this man. No matter how much you love him marriage should never come up while he is addicted to any mind altering substance. Marriage to a substance abuser will hold nothing but heartache for you. You cannot fix or save him from himself, only he can do that, but you can save yourself the financial ruin and misery of marrying a man with an addiction problem.

6. You Fight Constantly
If you can’t settle your differences without engaging in full blown arguments and fights, now is not the time to get married. In fact, you will probably fight even more once you have the security of marriage. It is often said that your relationship is the best it is ever going to be when you are dating. Marriage is hard, even when you both love each other deeply and are committed to treating each other kindly. Learn how to work out your conflicts without resorting to fighting before you agree to get married.

complete : http://targetdex..com/2015/01/9-reasons-not-to-marry-your-boyfriend.html

Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Very well organized thread
Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by cutieberie1(f): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
so true
Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by Drmaverick: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
samflexxy:
Very well organized thread

Thanks bro
Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by Truth24(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
seen
Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by thegoodone2(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
good write up. dont allow love to bland u. but that number 3, i disagree with u. all men want to control.He is d head.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
Now wey u don givam 9 reasons not 2 marry her boyfriend.. Oya cum givha 9 reasons 2 marry her manfriend..

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Not To Marry Your Boyfriend !! by harbibi: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
Sounds very reasonable but there are people even pastors who followed these rules and still had troubled/crashed marriages. Everybody has one fault or the other. Avoiding marriage because of the other persons fault is looking for 'Mr Perfect' and we all know this is near impossible so the solution IMO is to work on yourself. (be sure of who you are and what you want) before considering marriage. Then go into marriage with a heart that is ready to accomodate much for the sake of the marriage. Peace.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thanks To Dr Ben For Connecting Me To A Rich Sugar Mummy / Am 23 Nd I Need A Girl For Serious Relationship / 10 Curious Facts About Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.