Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50681 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by fabulous01(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Karcasusu
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by UGLYS: 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
Onegai. Fuccck Mod. My life is not on nairaland. What makes you think you are the sole ownership of the word tiddlywinks. Banning me from nairaland on a baseless issue is not banning me from.the World.

Who destroyed your sense of humor to a harmles post?

The lady aint reporting to no one.

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nothing with sense of humor. Just to let her know I can't be intimidated by mods...who are more inclined putting tiits....bossom...pussssy stories on front page.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
Antediluvian
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Amhatu(m): 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
Machiavellianism
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Elythron16zero4: 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mutuwa:
floccinaucinihilipilification

Also check

antidisestablishmentarianism

And finally..

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Look them up don't conclude they are fictitous words.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin just fell 4m mountain top
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by RAO1(m): 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mutuwa:

Also check

And finally..

Oga, are u okay?.... just dey laffffffffff
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Misblah:
quid pro quo means an equivalent exchange for something, in lay man's terms, give me i give you.
Hey
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by adewasco19(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Cuppa
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by olaide721(m): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
"Gababecious"behiour of some pple will surely ruined them
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Equiano: 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Phantasmagoria
Skunk
Opprobrium
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
kendrick9:
yeah,i saw that too but its kinda weird to say something like "What did u step?".

In that case, it would be "IN what did you step?"

Which sounds completely obnoxious lol

But "What did you step in?" is perfectly correct after all
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by fileb: 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
Clueless
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by xtervaganza(m): 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ftc go find am for nairaland dictionary
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Dunross: 10:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
DanceVille:
You're ryt bro..
grin
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ukulele
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 10:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
sadguy:

Hey
u haven't been replying my messages..
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Onegai(f): 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
UGLYS:

Who destroyed your sense of humor to a harmles post?

The lady aint reporting to no one.

Thank you for having a sense of humour and some chivalry. This is why one should avoid random people on NL, like in real life where one ignores the aggressive person in the room and looks for the fun people to hang out with.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Racade(m): 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Shenanigans

Canterkerous

Regurgitate

Vociferous

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Dunross: 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm bro, did you escape from a psychiatriacility?
Mutuwa:

Also check

And finally..

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Rout
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Emeka99(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Extramonogravitationalism
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Misblah:
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Misblah:
I didn't receive any. Please resend
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by humpito(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Snafu

Tintinnabulation
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by importpro(m): 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
Onegai:

Prattle means mindless chatter that goes on and on. Think of lots of children talking together about nothing in particular or women aimlessly gisting about nothing in particular. Feel free to use it to describe any thread on NL about Tonto Dikeh henceforth: Mindless Prattle grin

Onomatopoeic words are words that describe a sound e.g meow, honk honk, ding dong, boom, bang-bang (for guns, not the male type!) So the snake went "hissss" at the girl's bare ankles, is a good example of Onomaetopeia.
I know the meaning on an onomatopoeic word..i wasn't sure if prattle was cos it sounded lyk one. I know better now sha thanks to you and would remember to use it as advice. hehehe. Thanks again
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by UGLYS: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Onegai:

Thank you for having a sense of humour and some chivalry. This is why one should avoid random people on NL, like in real life where one ignores the aggressive person in the room and looks for the fun people to hang out with.

My pleasure my Lady. He will come after me but I fret not.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by klebson(m): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
Amiscondocalmanisationalism
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by nekaa(f): 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
apodyopsis
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
ILEX
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by omonnakoda: 10:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
SAPELE

noun

1. any of several W African meliaceous trees of the genus Entandrophragma, esp E. cylindricum, yielding a hard timber resembling mahogany

2.the timber obtained from such a tree, used to make furniture

OPEPE

a West African tree, esp Nauclea diderrichii (family Rubiaceae), or the yellow wood of this tree

ORISHA any of the minor gods or spirits of traditional Yoruba religion and its S American and Caribbean offshoots such as Santeria and

Candomblé

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

‘we Owe Allegiance To Eiye Confraternity’ - Lagos Secondary School Students / Is This The Most Beautiful University In Nigeria? / UNILAG Female Hostel Roof Leaks As Heavy Rain Water Fills The Rooms (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.