Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

20CRATES's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 20CRATES's Profile / 20CRATES's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Politics / Re: Why Nobody Knows The Population Of Nigeria - The Economist by 20CRATES(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Warship:

Your view is inconsequential

Just take note that the world don't tolerate lies

The population fraud of the North and West will incur the hatred of the world against them

Just ask the Chinese what they are facing in the intellectual world because of intellectual theft.

Stfu!
Do you think that on a normal day, Rivers state is anywbere close to Oyo state in population , as shown in the last census?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Why Nobody Knows The Population Of Nigeria - The Economist by 20CRATES(m): 2:18am On Jul 13, 2017
EazyMoh:
Lol
The most important factor in discussing population is population density.
Go and check the population density of states in the south and those in the North and compare.

Population density is a combination of two factors, population and SIZE.
Rwanda has a higher population density than Nigeria but is smaller than Nigeria in population by far, because of its small size Simply put, it is more tightly packed buy contains less people.

In case you don't know Yorubas and Hausas are both more populated than Igbos, but both have more land. The whole South East sef is just about Oyo state size plus small Jara.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Politics / Re: Trump Reacts To Biafra Visit On Twitter PICS by 20CRATES(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
LOOOL!!
News source, Fake Vanguard IPOB Blog and Radio Biafra Facebook Page.

These ones are still waiting for trump and Netanyahu!

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: A Nairalander Makes Aeroplane rPICS by 20CRATES(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kpali
Politics / Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by 20CRATES(m): 1:45am On Jul 12, 2017
OgaBuhari:
benin and warri belongs to Biafra.
Mumu

Lwkmd!
Culture / Re: Which is Easiest To Learn: Hausa, Igbo Or Yoruba? by 20CRATES(m): 12:08am On Jul 12, 2017
Let's keep the discussion going.

Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44
Politics / Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by 20CRATES(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Haha its so funny because everybody opposing the bwautiful map of Oduduwa republic aren't even fron anywhere within the map.

1 Like

Politics / Re: It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman by 20CRATES(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2017

170 Likes 14 Shares

Politics / Re: Labour Party Presents Yoruba/Igbo Candidates For Eko LG Elections by 20CRATES(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2017
Labour party is on a long thing...lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Nairalander Niyi David Chilling With The Lions Of Zimbabwe by 20CRATES(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2017
E be like say na Pikin dem be. grin
Travel / Re: 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. by 20CRATES(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Beautiful!
Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
aljharem:

Can you talk more about bini people. History

What exactly would you like me to say about them?
Binis are like 30% of Edo population...Give or take a few percentage points.
Culture / Re: Which is Easiest To Learn: Hausa, Igbo Or Yoruba? by 20CRATES(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2017
For Hausa Language and culture, click Like

5 Likes

Culture / Re: Which is Easiest To Learn: Hausa, Igbo Or Yoruba? by 20CRATES(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2017
For Igbo Language and culture, click Like

11 Likes

Culture / Re: Which is Easiest To Learn: Hausa, Igbo Or Yoruba? by 20CRATES(m): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2017
For Yoruba Language and culture, click Like

15 Likes

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Probz:
You got the patience to lecture me on the Akoko-Edo/Ondo thing tonight? That one always throws me.

Akoko Ondo are Yoruba, although there were a few villages there that were speakers of edoid dialects but who have since converted, or are currently in the process of doing so.

Akoko Edo is where things get reaally interesting.
It is made up of:
* Etunos (who live in Igarra the LGA HQ). The Etunos are basically Egbiras who just go by a different name to be fancy because they are not in "North" like Egbira Okene people lol.
* Okpameris, The biggest group
* Yorubas
* Unemes (Believed to be migratory blacksmiths) - some of them claim origin to as far away as awka.
* Ososo
* Sasaru - Enwan
Etc.

In short, a tower of Babel , linguistically speaking. In Akoko Edo, you can encounter 5 languages within a 1km radius, or even different sections of the same village speaking different languages.
During the times of the Western Nigeria internecine wars, they were one of the badly affected groups. They suffered some heavy Ibadan raiding, this was a period of high mobility, many Yorubas settled there and began to influence them, lifestyles and linguistically. A lot of them picked up the names of Yoruba war generals, notable people etc.

Then the Nupe Jihadists came along raiding and pillaging, and also left their legacy, especially in the aspects of traditional titles and rulership (although now, the nupe influence has almost vanished), you can still see hints of it in some last names lake Dawudu, Bakare, etc.

Starting from early colonial times, there was an additional influx of early Yoruba christian missionaries, Clerks, office/Government workers, etc into the area, they became influenced even more. The ones that retained their differences earlier all converted to Yoruba names.
They all began to speak Yoruba language - which was honestly more of a plus to them naturally speaking, because of the regions extremely high linguistic diversity, Yoruba made it easier for them to relate within themselves and with their Yoruba neighbors.

Then, many migrated to major Yoruba urban centres and returned home with even more dynamics, influencing what was on ground in the villages even more.

That was how they became a more or less Yoruba people, although with ancestral very very old edoid roots. Roots that are honestly not even connected with Benin. But the original edoid stock of people.
Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
Probz:

I see. And what's the weirdest Yoruba dialect?

* Akoko dialects - Oh my gosh!
* Ede Ife (Togolese) - Damn
* Idaasha - (one of the Beninois Yoruba dialects) - Jesu!
* Ilaje
* Owo, Ikale and Ondo tying 5th 3rdd in the Nigerian context.
* Owe (Kabba), Ijumu and Oworo tying 6th.
* Ekiti
* Ijebu

Yup.

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Probz:

I don't speak Igala nah. I kinda wanna though. I'd sooner learn Yoruba first though since Igala itself stems from more of a Yoruba than an Igbo linguistic background.

Yup, I hear Ekiti Yoruba can make anyone's head spin. The whole eastern flank of Yorubaland (Ijebu, Ondo, Ekiti) obviously takes external influence from Bini linguistically compared to the more conc./mainline Ibadan/Osun/Ogun (Ijebu aside) peeps. Itsekiri just sounds like a distinct example of that. A language and a dialect at the same time. More akin to what Ikwerre is to Igbo.

We're both agreed that Itsekiri's more Yoruba than Igala could ever be. Igala names are in a world of their own. Nothing about Ojo or Achimugu would suggest they speak a Yoruboid language.

The Edo influence in Eastern Yorubaland was more cultural than linguistic actually
There is only very very little Benin influence in south Eastern Yooruboids. There is more Yoruba influence inside Benin language than Benin influence inside south eastern Yoruba dialects.

But yes, culturally the Eastern Yoruba-Benin ties are very strong.

First pic. Oba of the Ondo Kingdom, The Osemawe
Second pic, Ondo girls.
Ondo titled man.
Olori of Ondo. (The Queen)

Note that these things we think of as Benin might actually be old Yoruba customs that have been retained in SE Yorubaland (with which Benin has the most enduring history of contact and relationship) and Benin itself.
The names of the Benin objects of state, Ada and Eben sound toooooo suspiciously Yoruba ( Sword/Cutlass and Knife) respectively in Yoruba.

lol, don't let me talk too much, before i become a legendary parrot. cheesy

4 Likes

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Probz:

I don't speak Igala nah. I kinda wanna though. I'd sooner learn Yoruba first though since Igala itself stems from more of a Yoruba than an Igbo linguistic background.

Yup, I hear Ekiti Yoruba can make anyone's head spin. The whole eastern flank of Yorubaland (Ijebu, Ondo, Ekiti) obviously takes external influence from Bini linguistically compared to the more conc./mainline Ibadan/Osun/Ogun (Ijebu aside) peeps. Itsekiri just sounds like a distinct example of that. A language and a dialect at the same time. More akin to what Ikwerre is to Igbo.

We're both agreed that Itsekiri's more Yoruba than Igala could ever be. Igala names are in a world of their own. Nothing about Ojo or Achimugu would suggest they speak a Yoruboid language.

You see, that is the thing about Igala, A LOT of what you think does not sound Yoruba anymore are just because they have recieved a little pronunciation twist. They are still very much Yoruboid to a trained linguist, but would sound "Foreign-ish" to a layman.
Lets look at Achimugu or Achimugwu.

It actually means: "with accordance to inheritance" It actually comes from the proverb

"A che mu ogwu ki a jeun, ogwu a na wo"
If you do not eat your inheritance, it will increase (something like that)

Now, the ogwu in this context means Inheritance, which in Yoruba is Ogun, i.e inheritance. In this case Igala has substituted the nasal ending "Un" with "Wu", same way Ogun (medicine) becomes Ogwu in Igala, Ogun (war) becomes Ogwu. Etc.

If it was "Ashemogun", It will immediately sound Yoruboid won't it cheesy

Ojo is a shortened form for a longer name for god, can't remember the full word now. Same trick played out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
Probz:
The fusion would most likely come from Idoma and even Igbo. It just depends who speaks it though. My grandma's a core Idah Igala and her own take on the language sounds very Yoruboid but Ibaji Igala's fused with Igbo (for obvious reasons). Itsekiri obviously has a much stronger affinity with Yoruba.

Itsekiri is a piece of cake- i don't even have any issues understanding like 80-85%
It sounds more like a dialect than language, like when someone is speaking conc ekiti dialect or something.

Yes Igala fused with Idoma and Igbo. Can u inagine Igalas call cassava Akpu. Lool. Some parts even call a man Okolobia, the Igala actual is Onekule from One- person, Okule/ man (okunrin im Yoruba)

I dont understand Idoma, I would hv probably bn able to pull out the other half of what the language is

BUT surprisingly - Igala sound much more tonally like Yoruba than Itsekiri.

BOTH HAVE THE SAME high, mid and low tones, but Igala mimics Yoruba more. itsekiri sounds more flat, dunno why.

Do u speak Igala?

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Probz:
yea but igala have element of yoruaboid language in it ok

Igala sound like a hybrid of Yoruba and something I can't place my hands on.
It is like 40-60% Yoruba and 60-40% Gibberish.

lol
Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
The Igalas are descendants of various waves of expeditions of Yoruba hunters who got lost looooong ago and couldn't find their way back home.
They then mixed with idomas and became a new tribe called Igala.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Yoruba Land Is Landlocked Fact And Pics by 20CRATES(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hahhaaha, :I laugh in Ijebu grin

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Media Icon Chude Jideownwo Saved By Tout Fatai: A Call To End Tribal Bigotry by 20CRATES(m): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Mtchewwwww.

A Ghanaian helped me the other day.
Guess Nigerian and Ghana should be merged together to build a stronger nation.

Ndi awuru

The only problem with your analogy is that Nigeria and Ghana are not one country, while Yorubas and Igbos are ALREADY citizens of the same country for over 100 years now.
Just make your point without all the insults, you sound so bitter

1 Like

Crime / Re: Photos Of The 16-Year-Old Girl Raped By Medical Doctor In Enugu State by 20CRATES(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
hammerF:
This is y Yoruba want one Nigeria to spend all day, night and continue the next day on Igbos.

Is dat not madness?

And u wonder y the Igbos are running?

Y dey want their own country with out Yorubas.

Your case is a real mental tragedy. You are truly sick in the head.
You think the average Yoruba wants anything to do with your smelly crime infested flat skulls?
If the doctor was a Yoruba now, your people would have been jumping around the thread like a band of monkeys in a forest somewhere in the east.
Instead of your to condemn your rapist doctor up there, and your politicians in the east who could care less, you are there seeing yoruba in your Nightmares.
Shioooor... Joker!

327 Likes 22 Shares

Culture / Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by 20CRATES(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2017
mattywealth:

So, Edo will be divided

Some will opt in for Yoruba

And some will opt in for Biafra

That's serious

How on earth will that happen.

Edo won't be divided they either all enter Oodua Republic as one, or enter Bendel Republic.
Delta is the state that will be divided between West, East and Niger Delta (Potentially).

4 Likes

Culture / Re: Ndlea Seize N225 Trillion Cocaine, Heroin At Lagos Ports by 20CRATES(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2017
shocked
Crime / Re: Evans Begs For Forgiveness: "My Wife Collects Ransom Money For Me Sometimes" by 20CRATES(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
Is your wife's name Egodimma from Umu ANYA UKWU village? grin

Before before you were from Umudim village, Nnewi, Anambla sate... now you are from Wawa land all the way in Nsukka in Enugu.

Verry soon, you will claim Delta Ibo. Useless man.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Computers / Re: What Do You Normally Use To Clean Your Laptop Screen ? by 20CRATES(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2017
Worn singlet

or one of my dirty boxers. grin

8 Likes

Crime / Re: Police Deny Inserting Broomsticks Into Evans joystick by 20CRATES(m): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
Richydos:

U have been posting this same crazy poo almost on all similar thread where u see the name "EVANS"
I have read this same line of words on about three other threads.... NO CREATIVITY! JUST COPY N PASTE!!... ALL FOR LIKES I GET
NOW U HAVE THE LIKES, can u please gerrarahia

If na so the thing pain you reach, go get a rope and hang!
Crime / Re: Police Deny Inserting Broomsticks Into Evans joystick by 20CRATES(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2017
The Evans guy sef no try all. See as he recruited only the ibos....

See the list of the kidnappers:

Chikudi Onuamadike
Nwosu Chukwuka
Suoyo Paul,
Felix Chinemerem,
Ikenna Emeka,
Uchechukwu Amadi
Ogechi Amadi

No federal character in their recruitment, marginalising Yoruba and aboki kidnappers-

Senate must invite Evans unfailingly......this is grossly unacceptable! LOL

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.