Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,989 members, 7,956,692 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

20CRATES's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 20CRATES's Profile / 20CRATES's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Culture / Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by 20CRATES(m): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2017
dictbennie:

How did you arrive at this statistics of 60% of Arogbo Ijaws not being able to speak Ijaw? This is hilarious. I do know there are some that truly don't understand Ijaw but they don't stay in the kingdom. Most are of even mixed marriage. I bet you meant to say 70% of Arogbo ijaws don't understand any yoruba word.

Take the stats.
Although It is actually more like 50:50

Arogbos bear more Ijaw names but are mostly billingual
I am talking about the Arogbos of ondo, not those outside it living in Delta or Bayelsa

Scholes0
Politics / Re: FG Gives States Autonomy To Produce Power by 20CRATES(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2017
Ogun state, Oyo state, Lagos state, Oya e gberra~ !
Politics / Re: IPOB Deceiving Igbo - Okorocha. by 20CRATES(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
ESDKING:

The way you afonjas reason sometimes makes me to ignore some of you guys mentions.
Was man made for law or law for man ?

You guys are funny, it's no more " We SS and we people of Niger Delta" but " We Deltans" even when you know that Igbos have bigger population in the so called Delta state. Probably Ifeanyi Okowa the present governor of Delta and Emmanuel Udeagham past governors are Yoruba names.You guys need serious help.
Here is the map of Igbos nation in Nigeria Map and cure your ignorance, Igbos are not only in 5 states , but beyond.

Udeagham? kikiki seeee Igbonization of names grin

Hhahaha. lol. Igbos are not a Majority in Delta state abeg.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Are Eastern Ports Dysfunctional? by 20CRATES(m): 2:20am On Aug 14, 2017
with an estimated reserve (as at now) of about 48 billion barrels of converted oil from the tar sands of the western belt, the West can produce oil continuously for 128 years if it were to be producing about 1 million barrels per day.

What some of you don't know is that the future of Nigeria's oil industry is actually West of the Niger river in the coming years as humans continually delve deeper into non traditional sources of oil. Future Alberta of Nigeria is Ondo state.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Are Eastern Ports Dysfunctional? by 20CRATES(m): 2:10am On Aug 14, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Except Ondo doesn't. It's a stat you dragged out of your arse. Plenty of your brethren have made intelligent submissions on this thread, but you're just a child.
You'll take over offshore rigs? grin With foolish bragging like that, you must think you're watching a movie, abi?

Nigeria has the 6th largest reserves globally of bitumen, also known as oil sands or tar sands. It is used in road construction, but can also be processed into oil. International researcher Christina Milos draws lessons from the Canadian experience, comparing with field findings from Ogun State and adding analysis of Nigerian government policies in order to assess the true cost of extracting bitumen from the ground.

Travelling through the sleepy and rustic communities of Irele, Agbabu and Illubirin, all in Ondo State, South West, Nigeria, the visitor cannot help but notice the many signboards with their bold declaration: “The Home of Bitumen” . This desire for a close association with bitumen tells the story of the aspirations of the people of Nigeria’s bitumen belt.
https://www.observenigeria.com/cultures/not-glitters-nigerias-bitumen-story/

Nigeria's Oil Sand belt.

Tar sand is found in large amounts worldwide but in exceptionally large quantities in Canada and Venezuela. Nigeria is also reported to have the second largest deposit of tar sand in the world containing about 41 billion barrels of oil found in cretaceous ferruginous sediments extending over about 120 km from Ogun state, across Ondo state to the margins of Edo state
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/222747137_Textural_Characteristic_of_the_Nigerian_Tar_Sands

This makes Nigeria a MAJOR GLOBAL PLAYER in the world's tar sands industry.
Far more stake than it enjoys in conventional oil.

Excerpts [sic]

The problem is that Some of you don't know just how immense the blessings of the Southwest are.

MIND YOU, Tar sands is one of the major reason why canada is a global oil producing power and also the reason why Venezuela has the worlds highest oil reserves.

As for me, the tar sands in the SW tar belt must be left untouched till atleast we get our own sovereign state where things can be done appropriately! with minimal environmental pollution.

4 Likes

Education / Re: Nairalander's Tour Of Adeleke University Permanent Site Ede, Osun State. by 20CRATES(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2017
Waaaawu... this school fine o.
Agriculture / Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by 20CRATES(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2017
Kudos to Ogun State and the South West.

155 Likes 7 Shares

Crime / Re: Police Parade Mother Who Exchanged 2-month-old Baby For Bag Of Rice In Imo State by 20CRATES(m): 7:03am On Jul 22, 2017
shocked
Politics / Re: Enugu Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) by 20CRATES(m): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
When next Igbos mock Lagos and Lagosians for having a flood, they shouldn't forget that they have their own problems at home waiting.

8 Likes

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
Probz:
Yeah. I know an Obadan from Ora. I obviously assumed he was Yoruba until I found out he's from Edo. I'm guessing most Ora people are bilingual in that and Yoruba.

They are many like that

Olubunmi Okojie (Esan)
Tunde Akogun (Rtd) - a former member of the House of Representatives (Akoko Edo)

Olusegun Toyin Aganga (Immediate past minister for Industry Trade and Investment)
Shola Omole-(The immediate past Director General of NTA)
Modupe Ozolua
Joseph Adeola- (former Commissioner of Police of the defunct Bendel State)
Dele Giwa - (some people make fun of Yorubas saying Fulanis killed their Journalist) not knowing he is actually Edo
Ayo Unuigue- (former MD of FERMA (Federal Road Maintenance Agency)
Gray Alonge - (former Secretary and Head of Service to the Federation of Nigeria)
Honorable Agbolagba - (Owan West House of Rep Honorable)
Ohi Alegbe - (group General Manager, Public Affairs, NNPC)
Ade Ojeikere - (group sports Editor of The Nation Newspaper)
Modupe Ayeni - (first President of Nigeria Union of Journalists)
Ojo Asein - (member Edo State House of Assembly and Chairman, Owan West Local Government)
Tunde Ebhozogie - (general Manager, Edo Broadcasting Service)
Bankole Balogun - (former General Manager of the defunct Bendel Broadcasting Service) (BBS)

All from the above people are ORA/OWANS.

In the Present: (2017)
Christopher Adesotu, Ovia South West Commissioner
Yinka Omorogbe - Oredo LG Commissioner

Of thee newly appointed Special assistant appointees of Obaseki in this present regime
We Have the following people.

Akoko Edo:
Sannni Collins Ojo
Peter Alao
John Olorunda Taiye
Kayode Agbi
Iyabo otugbai Elizabeth
Adeyanju Noah Sunday
Adebudo Christopher

Ovia South West:
Rasaq Rotimi
Jide Victor

Owan East:
Tunde Afekhuai Pius
Ogedengbe Victor

Owan West:
Ojo Godsgift
Adeayo Thomas

Esan Central
Folorunsho Chris Omon

All appointees under Obaseki.

So you see how entrenched the phenomena actually is.

Concerning your question, yes they are bilingual. More so in towns and villages like Otuo, Sobe, Ikhin, Uzebba, Okpuje, Orue.

As an Ora native said himself, and I Quote:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Culture / Re: Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) by 20CRATES(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Probz:

And what's this about Ora people? Are they Akoko Edo too?

Ora is not Akoko Edo, although they share a border, and are both in the Edo north Zone.
They also have Yoruba names and other mannerisms but to a lesser degree than the Akoko Edos.
Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 6:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Bifwoli:
This thread is both tribally chauvinistic and blindly skewed Lol.

Quite a few other African tribes all over the continent can similarly lay claim to "greatest and most intelligent tribe" in Africa .

In Sub Saharan Africa, list them if there are any, grin

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Okway and Kn23h seem to be very interested in Beauty and lifestyle products. wink

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
If you are one of those people who usually buy and manage data in Naija better don't open this thread, because the vast array of Yoruba made products go just chop all your data finish. cheesy

9 Likes

Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
okway:
Orisha Couture

Some souvenirs for tourists

Are these fabricated in Nigeria?
Politics / Re: Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof by 20CRATES(m): 12:33am On Jul 18, 2017
FKO81:
GREAT IGBO NATION
Structures own by Igbos

NONSENSE remove the two civic centre buildings from that list, Jim ovia is not Ibo.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
deomelo:

OMG

This is out of this world...
Many Kudos to him..

Yeaaah.
But baba don't quote all the Images again naa wink
Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
deomelo:

Kola Aina, CEO Of Emerging Platforms Group

grin grin grin

http://venturesplatform.com/

Wooow I know this guy.

He Just built a Ventures Platform Tech Hub, The first WORLD CLASS Innovation Hub in the FCT completed last year.
The building is bam!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Onyi Alex Kisses Alexx Ekubo On Set. Check Out His Facial Expression by 20CRATES(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
undecided
Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
asorocker:

Mitchell elegbe of interswitch is not Yoruba

I think that has been settled that he is Edo.
He has even sold the company sef, so he is of no use to us anymore. cheesy
Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
kn23h:

Ibeere nla.

Here are my assumptions about the useless unity beggars:

1. Useless unity beggars from the SW don't know what they have

2. Useless unity beggars from the East need Yoruba ideas and Yoruba region to survive

3. Useless unity beggars from the North are just useless for nothing.

HAHAHAHA!

Soo Apt.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
Amen Estate, Sangotedo, Ajah, Lagos
Owned by Mr and Mrs Babatunde Gbadamosi
RedBrick homes LTD

Sections:
The Aafin
The Iga
The Agbala
The Lolo
The Olori
The Nze
The Queen of Amina

Some people will die of HBP today...Lmao
They know themselves. grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Education / Re: Breaking: Waec Finally Released 2017 May/june WASSCE Results by 20CRATES(m): 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2017
cool
Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
FEMAB PROPERTIES LIMITED

Femi Asiwaju and Abiodun Aguda

FEMAB is a limited liability company incorporated under the Companies Act of 1990 with RC Number 39118. The company is into real estate consultancy such as Civil & Engineering Construction, Property Management, Property Sales, Letting and Estate Development. The Company was initially operating under the name of FEMAB GLOBAL VENTURES, which was registered in 1994 as a Private Enterprise. The companys operation was taken over under a newly registered name of FEMAB PROPERTIES LIMITED in year 2000 as a result of expansion and growth of its business activities.

Diamond Estate. Sangotedo, Ajah Lagos.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
neoOduduwa:
When I saw those shoes, Mo fo fun won grin

Here's their address : Suite1, D'Rovan, Wallan hotel, Ring road, Ibadan

Also check their website out - [url]itelewears.com[/url]

Those guys are so organised. Lots of potentials and real quality, unlike some cursed mofos always looking for quick cash-ins on fake products. Awon oloriburuku somebody.

woow
like wow... that website tongue kiss

4 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Car Submerged In Massive Flood In Benin After Hours Of Rainfall. Photos by 20CRATES(m): 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2017
Benin Kingdom Olympic sized swimming pool.

Oba Gha tor kpere oo..Lmao!

6 Likes

Crime / Re: Man Paraded Unclad For Raping 5-Year-Old Girl (Photo) by 20CRATES(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
NCANChairman:
See his head

Look well, he has a FLAT Cranial / Skull profile.
Which can Only mean one thing..... He is I.G.B.O

grin

144 Likes 8 Shares

Politics / Re: Nigeria Is Negotiable, Say Soyinka, Dickson, Others by 20CRATES(m): 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
givbitcoin:

Don't mind the animals. Nigeria can never disintegrate and there won't be restructuring either. I don't know why Yoruba people are so vapid despite their so-called education

Yorubas must be so special chai. Must you people blame Yoruba for everything?

Yoruba support Disintegration of Nigeria - Niggerians go talk, Plateau man will say you want to Abandon me to be slaughtered by Hausa-Fulani
Yorubas say Okay then, One Nigeria - Niggerians from another corner will scream about how one region have 57 senators while they have 18
Yoruba say okay, let's try restructuring - Ebonyi & Wawa people go talk say NEVER, we can't go back 2 Eastern region to become Anambra's slaves

What do Nigerians want as a people sef? !

So as you can see, it is the other tribes that are being "Vapid" not the Yorubas.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Travel / Re: 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know by 20CRATES(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
MadCow1:

First of all do well to follow the entire comment sequence before joining in. That post is a response in a trail of posts between myself and that gentleman.

No, the post was a direct response to my initial comment on page 0.
And I replied you accordingly. I am the one you quoted.
Travel / Re: 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know by 20CRATES(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
MadCow1:

I am sure you haven't forgotten about the doctor that jumped from Third Mainland Bridge so soon.

Or the countless other stories of people hanging themselves. Or the ones drinking sniper.

Like I said, there is not a single shred of reliable statistics to verify this claim. For something to be considered fact, there must be proof.

But if we are just throwing around opinions, then here is mine; Nigerians are the most frustrated and miserable people in world who have grown tired of their situation and lack the will to do anything to change it so they have settled and accepted their fate.

A doctor jumped from 3rdMB so?
Do you know how many psychopathic and suicidal doctors are in countries of the developed world?
You are only judging based on the limits of what i within your scope of reasoning.

1 Like

Travel / Re: 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know by 20CRATES(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
MadCow1:

4. Is definitely a Lie.

4 is definitely true.
one of the most optimistic and resilient people are Nigerians..
When last did you hear that someone died from "Depression" in Nigeria despite the lack of so many things? despite that you go dey hear say person dey get depression for Canada where people get every basic amenities + extra luxuries of life.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.