Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? (5662 Views)

Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / When The Eagles Won The Final: How Did You Feel? / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by hollandis(f): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
FBS:

With that team? seriously, dont we have better players? How can Kanu be playing in midfield He should be used as a super sub. . .

Utaka? What happened to him?
kai make them give the job to siasia, at least we will see some attacking Nigerian brand of football.

The problem is not the coach.Ok let me say ,the coach is not much of a problem.Do you know where the problem lies?I will tell you.
The inclusion of certain players is the genesis of our problem, players like olofijana,taye taiwo(especially the duo) and to a lesser extent (kanu and utaka),and did i hear you say mikel, ~yes I tihnk mikel is also a serious problem.These players dampen the creativity of the likes of osaze,uche  undecided
Infact cant the coach just understand that fielding olofijana and taye is tantamount to killing our game
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by KayCyrils(m): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2009
The qualification of Nigeria hinges on the technical arm of NFA, with them appointing Amodu over Siasia it will be a miracle if we qualify, we have the material to win the world cup but our problem has always been recycling mediocres.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Jarus(m): 9:16am On Feb 13, 2009
hollandis:

Infact cant the coach just understand that fielding olofijana and taye is tantamount to killing our game
I agree with you on Olofinjana, but disagree on TT. Taiwo, to me, is the best we've got now as left back, except that Echiejine(that Under-20 guy, now in Rennes) who is also trying. Don't forget Taiwo's attacking flair has been useful to Eagles(goals and crosses/assists) several times. I admit, like many defenders, he disappoints sometimes.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2009
seconded. , TT is the best left back we have at the moment and just like any other player on the pitch messes up sometimes. Notwithstanding, Nigeria and the NFF should do all they can to get us to the WC 2010.
If that includes sacking everyone "sackable" and getting better and qualified folks, so be it.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Gayigaskia(m): 5:28am On Feb 18, 2009
Siasia is the man to take us to South Africa; he has a team ready. Players like utaka, kanu, olafinjana, all those useless players that failed us in Kano against Angola. The guy had proved himself for his team selection when he was going to the Olympics; but unfortunately some of his selected players like Ike Uche have not been release by their teams.
Try remembering how Belgium was playing , before they met the magic techniques of Siasia. Outstanding analytical skills, he only fail against the Argentine but with a large improvement the second time around in China. The third time we will win and it will be in South Africa believe it.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Jarus(m): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2009
Gayigaskia:

Siasia is the man to take us to South Africa; he has a team ready. Players like utaka, kanu, olafinjana, all those useless players that failed us in Kano against Angola. The guy had proved himself for his team selection when he was going to the Olympics; but unfortunately some of his selected players like Ike Uche have not been release by their teams.
Try remembering how Belgium was playing , before they met the magic techniques of Siasia. Outstanding analytical skills, he only fail against the Argentine but with a large improvement the second time around in China. T[b]he third time we will win and it will be in South Africa believe it.[/b]
Win what, pls?
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Gayigaskia(m): 4:25am On Feb 19, 2009
@ jarus

WIN THE WORLD CUP AGAINST ARGENTINA IN SOUTH AFRICA

if we picked Siasia as a Coach
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by galatico(m): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2009
If those wey call themselves Super Eagles play like d way dey played against Jamaica i can with my life say them no go qualify. To be candid good those boyz are not Super atall.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Jarus(m): 11:33am On Feb 20, 2009
Gayigaskia:

@ jarus

WIN THE WORLD CUP AGAINST ARGENTINA IN SOUTH AFRICA

if we picked Siasia as a Coach
Ok o!
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2009
they should just change their name back to green eagles. maybe they will wake up.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Gayigaskia(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2009
hollandis wrote
[url][/urlThe problem is not the coach.Ok let me say ,the coach is not much of a problem.Do you know where the problem lies?I will tell you.
The inclusion of certain players is the genesis of our problem, players like olofijana,taye taiwo(especially the duo) and to a lesser extent (kanu and utaka),and did i hear you say mikel, ~yes I tihnk mikel is also a serious problem.These players dampen the creativity of the likes of osaze,uche

So the problem is not the coach but the players? But who is in charge of selecting those players u r blaming? Good coaching starts with a good selection of players.

As far as i know Siasia's Selections have always won Gold or came a step away from it.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2009
we dont have a team. Most of the first team players dont even command a regular starts in their respective clubs. And funny enough, the eagles coaches have accepted that they have no other alternatives than to use these same rusty players.

why is it not possible to use home grown or at least some of our cadet players?
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Olaolufred(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2009
I have ealier said that Eagles won't qualify for the World Cup.
My stand remains.
I wish they could as a person, but i saw it when things are seemingly ok that they won't.
If  I had said it this year or after Jamaica game, people may say its because of their performance.
However, I said this when everyone was making mouth with their purported 6-match unbeaten records.

I only pity some dedicated players who desperately wanted to be at the world cup.
Those players include: Osaze, I.k  Uche and his brother,Chinedu Ogbuke and one or two more.
Nevertheless, I know they will still call Siasia for a rescue mission, But the damage would have been done.

Let all good Nigerians be praying for divine help, or else look forward to 2014.

It is a pity. But the truth is already told.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by CrazyMan(m): 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2009
We have to work very hard because there are no more under dogs in Africa. Our NFF must ensure that our players get the necessary things they need. And the players themselves must learn to honour away matches.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by tainot2002(m): 10:43am On Mar 08, 2009
true talk
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2009
crazykid:

We have to work very hard because there are no more under dogs in Africa. Our NFF must ensure that our players get the necessary things they need. And the players themselves must learn to honour away matches.
how?
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2009
sorry for my knowledge of sport but his Kanu a midfielder?
GOALKEEPERS:
Vincent Enyeama – Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel),
Austin Ejide – Bastia, France)
Dele Aiyenugba –Bnei-Yehuda, Israel)
DEFENDERS:
Yusuf Mohammed – FC Sion, Switzerland)
Obinna Nwaneri – FC Sion, Switzerland)
Onyekachi Apam – Nice, France)
Taye Taiwo – Marseille, France)
Chidi Odiah – CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Joseph Yobo – Everton, England)
Danny Shittu – Bolton, England)
Dele Adeleye–Sparta Rotterdam, Holland)
MIDFIELDERS:
Oluwafemi Ajilore – Groningen, Holland)
John Mikel Obi –Chelsea, England)
Nwankwo Kanu –Portsmouth, England)
Sani Kaita – Rubin Kazan, Russia)
Kalu Uche – Almeria, Spain)
Strikers:
Ikechukwu Uche – Getafe, Spain)
Obafemi Martins – Newcastle United, England)
Chinedu Obasi – Hoffenheim, Germany)
Obinna Nsofor – Inter Milan, Italy)
Joseph Akpala – Club Brugge, Belgium)
Osaze Odemwingie – Locomotive Moscow, Russia)
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by allboyz(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2009
FBS:

sorry for my knowledge of sport but his Kanu a midfielder?
GOALKEEPERS:
Vincent Enyeama – Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel),
Austin Ejide – Bastia, France)
Dele Aiyenugba –Bnei-Yehuda, Israel)
DEFENDERS:
Yusuf Mohammed – FC Sion, Switzerland)
Obinna Nwaneri – FC Sion, Switzerland)
Onyekachi Apam – Nice, France)
Taye Taiwo – Marseille, France)
Chidi Odiah – CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Joseph Yobo – Everton, England)
Danny Shittu – Bolton, England)
Dele Adeleye–Sparta Rotterdam, Holland)
MIDFIELDERS:
Oluwafemi Ajilore – Groningen, Holland)
John Mikel Obi –Chelsea, England)
Nwankwo Kanu –Portsmouth, England)
Sani Kaita – Rubin Kazan, Russia)
Kalu Uche – Almeria, Spain)
Strikers:
Ikechukwu Uche – Getafe, Spain)
Obafemi Martins – Newcastle United, England)
Chinedu Obasi – Hoffenheim, Germany)
Obinna Nsofor – Inter Milan, Italy)
Joseph Akpala – Club Brugge, Belgium)
Osaze Odemwingie – Locomotive Moscow, Russia)

are these Nigerian best? My God. . . .dem go tooooooo beat us for this world Cup o0o lipsrsealed shocked sad
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2009
allboyz:

are these Nigerian best? My God. . . .dem go tooooooo beat us for this world Cup o0o lipsrsealed shocked sad
me just dey wonder, what exactly is the NFF doing?
there are no small teams anymore. The way these boys will recieve trashing ehn.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by allboyz(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2009
FBS:

me just dey wonder, what exactly is the NFF doing?
there are no small teams anymore. The way these boys will recieve trashing ehn.

May God help us lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2009
allboyz:

May God help us lipsrsealed
but you know the saying that heaven helps those who helps themselves. Well, maybe the only exception is a MIRACLE.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by allboyz(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2009
abi . . . Miracle.

They once said God is a Nigerian . . i just hope that the same God is also a fan o0o . .because we can't just afford to miss out of the WORLD CUP again!

its gonna be like a DEATH BLOW PRT 2
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2009
allboyz:

abi . . . Miracle.

They once said God is a Nigerian . . i just hope that the same God is also a fan o0o . .because we can't just afford to miss out of the WORLD CUP again!

grin grin grin
with the way things are going? dont bet on it.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by allboyz(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2009
The world cup qualifier starts next weekend,who are we playing then? it is an away game or what?
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 10:55am On Mar 20, 2009
away game. Mozambique I think.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by masharia(m): 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2009
As a Kenyan in Nairobi, we love and respect your players but if Angola could stop Nigeria las time round then the the group is open.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by masharia(m): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2009
As a Kenyan i believe that it will be difficult for any team to beat us at home and although realistically South Africa seems out of reach we shall play a big role in deciding who tops the group.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by 7eleven: 8:53am On Mar 21, 2009
MY KENYAN BRETHREN, HOW ARE U ALL DOING.
I RESPECT U GUYS BECOS THE 1ST HERO OF THE BLACK MAN HAILED FROM UR WONDERFUL COUNTRY, AND YES WE DID.

BUT TO HOPE THAT WHAT ANGOLA DID TO THE EAGLES WILL REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN IS A WISH THAT IS FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FECTHED!.

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BUZZ NEWS WEBSITE.  ITS A SITE WHERE YOU CAN PUBLISH YOUR OWN NEWS ARTICLES! EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL,
FEELINGS TO SHARE, EXPERIENCES TO NARRATE AND VIEWS TO EXPRESS, SO LET IT OUT ON THE BUZZ NEWS SITE. ADDRESS IS http://buzz.6te.net
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by 4peace(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
Nigeria will qualify by the grace of God.Amen

I can't managse anoda heart attack
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by emmaco24(m): 11:42am On Mar 24, 2009
allboyz:

abi . . . Miracle.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 8:38am On Mar 25, 2009
@mods: aint we playing on sunday? why is there no thread for it. Make folks start to dey yawn nah.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by goldengoal(m): 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2009
By god's grace we shall qualify for the world cup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

95% Income | Free $100 To Stake | BBM Channel C00465A92 / Kelechi Arima Of Heartland FC Is Shot Dead In Owerri / 1.90 To 2.50 Odd On Single Stake For 7days & Withdraw Ur Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.