Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? (5661 Views)

Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / When The Eagles Won The Final: How Did You Feel? / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by marais: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
I think they won't. grin
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by lancevader(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2008
They wil in jesus name.AMEN
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by worldman(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2008
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by PurestBoy(m): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2008
kingron:

purest boy what do u mean we can not qualify,on what basis is the assurance that we can not qualify.the world cup would be of no use if we dnt qualify.i dey pray say we go trample on tunisia to qualify.

The reason why they cannot qualify is because they will not qualify and even though they do, I bet with you they will not get to the second round.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by kingron: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2008
PurestBoy:

The reason why they cannot qualify is because they will not qualify and even though they do, I bet with you they will not get to the second round.
sorry to ask, re u a ghanian or a Nigerian.I want to know cos e be like say super eagles don offend u
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by kingron: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2008
super eagles,super power
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by sunxyB: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2008
Nigeria will qualify. i am very sure

Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by bigfather(m): 1:17am On Dec 28, 2008
If they are all focused and determined !
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Tatase(f): 3:00am On Dec 30, 2008
I think we'll definitely qualify!!! We were really gelling as a team in the summer and we can maintain that we'll be fine (as long as key players are fit or choose to be fit (Mikel I mean you!) for qualifying games).
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Okanran(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2008
May God forbid, but, what if Mikel sustains an injury that would rule him out for the qualifying phase?

Methinks those loafers in the football administration shld get off their lazy butts and give whoever is in charge adequate support, not just 2 qualify the team but to find replacement for the established legs, else we'll always be @ the mercy of individual's ego or worse still injury.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by savanaha: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2008
PLease Lord Jesus help Nigeria to qualify.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2008
Qualifying is not the issue, the issue is whether we're going to make an impact in tyhe world cup.
I see us Qualifying, but i don't see us making an impact especially not with the present crop of players in the Eagles, except for 10 percent of them e.g Ike Uche, Nsofor, Osazie and maybe Shittu.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by savanaha: 1:09am On Dec 31, 2008
afam4eva:

Qualifying is not the issue, the issue is whether we're going to make an impact in tyhe world cup.
I see us Qualifying, but i don't see us making an impact especially not with the present crop of players in the Eagles, except for 10 percent of them e.g Ike Uche, Nsofor, Osazie and maybe Shittu.

Please Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Jesus I beg you let Nigeria make a great impact during the world cup.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Jarus(m): 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2008
afam4eva:

Qualifying is an issue/achievement on its own. Our performance at the mundial is another thing. At least we'll be able to boast of 4 WC appearances.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Abiodun92(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2009
I surely hope they will qualify, and i think it should be expected from them to qualify, even though they might struggle beating Tunisia.

Thumbs up for Supa Eagles! cheesy
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by tainot2002(m): 3:11am On Jan 03, 2009
It has been said,Nigeria has bunch of players scattered all over d world,but what really baffle me now is,does that determine d level of our success even if we qualify?'cos most of our players are not patriotic enough.A case study is GREECE,despite most of their unknown players they stil suprise d world.we should all knw that commitment indeed needed in our National Team and a good coach.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by kayality: 3:33am On Jan 03, 2009
I don't think that Nigeria can qualify from that group because those player are useless and self interest they don't play for Nigeria like other player are doing for there our country
but god we help us through sha
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by 2drama: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2009
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by tainot2002(m): 3:33am On Jan 06, 2009
Ikechukwm uche has a fighting spirit.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Win95: 9:51am On Jan 06, 2009
They will qualify if they are serious and ready. No two ways about it. smiley
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Olaolufred(m): 11:42am On Jan 09, 2009
I repeat again that Super Eagles will not Qualify.
This, I know.
Don't ask me for any proof.
Surely time will tell.
When the reality dawn on us all, we will understand.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Olaolufred(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2009
Can't we see that the are not bothered with our qualification?

Is Ogunjobi and co. not only fighting for their pockets?

What friendly is completely schedule for the boys?

Tunisia prepares for us, what is our preparation?

Ghana left us for Egypt friendly, why?

These useless administration are looking only for countries that will pay them for friendly so that they can have money to share.
Good Egyptian are ready to pay for good friendly matches. Tunisia is ready by securing one in Europe.
So also are many african nations.
When is our own friendly? with which country?

Note this: I won't be surprised if i see Ashanti Kotoko of Ghana file against Eagle for friendly.
Why, because anyone who offers them money in the glass (dirty) house will secure cheaply a friendly bid.
However, they can never offer money to secure good friendlies except for some dirty countries who says,
"play us free of charge" Hmmmmm. This is a sorry case.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by folabola: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
Qualification for FIFA World Cup is our birthright , Tunisia and Kenya will not pose any problem. We will qualify.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Olaolufred(m): 11:35am On Jan 12, 2009
that was how it was your birthright b4 2006 crash.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by Jarus(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2009
Olaolufred:

that was how it was your birthright before 2006 crash.
Remember even in 2006, we had teh same point with the eventual qualifier and even more goals, only lost to one archaic rule.

folabola:

Qualification for FIFA World Cup is our birthright , Tunisia and Kenya will not pose any problem. We will qualify.
It is Tunisia's birthright too. They also easily qualify for WC and appeared in the last 3 editions. So rule out Tunisia at your peril.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by na2day2(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2009
i have stop losing sleep on the Eagles or any other nigerian team for that matter, i get so worked up its not even funny, so if they qualify thank God if not na dem sabi. Its so hard to watch their matches here in dallas, most of the websites are not consistent sad sad
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by mykali(m): 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2009
if they dont qualify. i will denounce my citizenship and go to chad. grin
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by na2day2(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2009
abeg space dey for that canon wey dey take u go chad? grin grin grin grin

mykali:

if they dont qualify. i will denounce my citizenship and go to chad. grin
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by dyabman(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2009
I want some Shot also , pls someone should fire me to the thin air, i wan go chad ooooooooooo

Super-eagle wont qualify , thats for real,

Up Ivory Coast.!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by allboyz(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Tatase,

with or without Mikel, Nigeria would still qualify.

Mikel while playing for Super eagles had never live up to expectations. . .maybe because his played as an Attacking Midfielder which he can not "really" play well in that post. and to worsen his state,we have better players in DM than Mikel (Ayila and Keita)

its high time Osaze starts playing that midfield for us and leaving Nsofo,Ogbuke on the wings.
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by hollandis(f): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2009
They need to step up
Re: Nigeria For FIFA World Cup: Will The Eagles Qualify? by FBS: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2009
With that team? seriously, dont we have better players? How can Kanu be playing in midfield He should be used as a super sub. . .

Utaka? What happened to him?
kai make them give the job to siasia, at least we will see some attacking Nigerian brand of football.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Late Nigerian Boxer - Young Ali / Coronavirus: Nigeria Women League Cancelled / 95% Income | Free $100 To Stake | BBM Channel C00465A92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.