Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure (107662 Views)

Fred Ekata Dies Of Kidney Disease (Pictures) / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death / BREAKING NEWS: Top Nollywood Actor, Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
RIP Muna!
Just so speechless.
For ye all that are ready to kill & destroy innocent lives & properties on behalf of those greedy politicians, your own life can be withdrawn b4 dah election day.
May God console Muna's family!
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by eaglechild: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
RIP
Very sad indeed.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Kutunban: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
R. I. P
Now APC will blame GEJ
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by bigtt76(f): 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
That dialysis pix should have been out before now for help to have come not now undecided RIP Muna. meanwhile ...be like say the guy wey hin give the twitter handle to manage nor been de do hin work till today. He just decided to start twitting after e probably don chop money grin
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
frustratedman:

IF YOU LIKE DON'T EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AGAIN. DEATH IS INEVITABLE. SOMETHING MUST KILL A MAN/WOMAN undecided

and this, coming from a "frustrated man"! huh undecided

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
ireneony:
rock Hudson an America actor..
Zimbabwe president two sons
alrt , i will check it out ...

Bt i dnt think #muna died of AIDS as u stated earlier undecided ..
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Activity on his twitter handle says otherwise ............

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
I've just heard the shocking news.

Muna Obiekwe will be remembered by many for his invaluable contribution to the Nigerian Movie Industry (Nollywood). He was one of my favourite male actors, never afraid to act out his roles to the best of his abilities, regardless.

Some may say he was controversial, he was too Westernised in his portrayals, he had a "dark side" whilst on screen. I saw a very talented Nigerian artist. There are not many like him out there. If I was in the movie / entertainment industry, I would have liked to be like him. To many up and coming Nigerian actors and actresses, Muna Obiekwe was a role model.

We have lost a brother, a father, a son. But we should remember him the way he was, celebrate his life. And remember his wife, children and other family members he left behind. We pray God grants them the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.

Muna Obiekwe, we celebrate you, may your soul Rest In Eternal Peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by siraj1402(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
This has been said to be a false news.check this link

https://www.nairaland.com/2100530/im-alive-well-grace-muna
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by philips007(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Corrosive drinks such as dat 1 at d bathtub can contribut 2 kidney disease. Who knws weda he acceptd Christ as his Lord and personal savoir? RIP Muna.

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Ksslib(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wow! This is shocking to say the least.

R..I..P Muna.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
Xymc1:
What da hell is going on On thesame Nairaland FP, there's another thread saying he's alive, he himself twitted that he's still alive and that people should stop making up such bad stories. So now W.T.F are we supposed to believe??

And if you check the time on the two threads carefully, you'll notice that this thread was created before that one, which got to the FP 1st: yet this one still managed to get to the FP.... Is anyone else seeing this? #sheer lack of co-operation and agreement between nairaland mods

I rest my case!

A report said it was a fake twitter account
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by ireneony(f): 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
zleemshaddy:
alrt , i will check it out ...

Bt i dnt think #muna died of AIDS as u stated earlier undecided ..
am actually sorry for that statement
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by donbenie(m): 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
frustratedman:

IF YOU LIKE DON'T EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AGAIN. DEATH IS INEVITABLE. SOMETHING MUST KILL A MAN/WOMAN undecided
That's a rather stvpid and myopic view,if I must say so,yes,death will come when it will come,but that doesn't mean you can begin to live an IRRESPONSIBLE life,so if you're a DIABETIC for instance,you're not going to bother living a responsible life,because according to you 'Death is Inevitable',without taking steps to ensure a healthy lifestyle,you're only digging your grave sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by timpaker(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
papawemba:
RIP Muna.
Samankwe for you. Dead men don't count for they are thrown over board for the Pisces to manipulate. #alobam Vahala awaits you. You shall be consoled and welcome to the bossom of the one-eyed god.

Say me hi to a beloved one whom we lost sometime ago to the same ailment. The good thing is that he will be your senior in Heavenly Association of People Killed By Kidney Disease.
See wetin Vikings series don cause you... Odin and Loki wishes you well. @ topic. RIP Muna, we will always remember you and your movies. Rest on....
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by piagetskinner(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
This is Terrible...RIP
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nollywood is a disgrace! They could have raised funds for him,why giving us flimsy excuses now?
sad sad

I just pray his wife and kids bear this great loss.

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by divaoflife: 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
R.I.P. Muna!!!!!!
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Trypa(f): 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Haaaa dis can't be true na

His gone hey god kidney again

Same with charles B

God save us o
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Xymc1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
danjumakolo:

A report said it was a fake twitter account
Link or Ahdontbelieveit!
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
R.i.p cry, i still don't believe it
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
Deltagiant:

Most Nigerians are hypertensive and do not know about it even as their kidneys have deteriorated to irreversble points. There are three major causes in Nigeria viz

1) Hyperrtension

2)The most kidney-damaging strain of malaria is now prevalent in Nigeria - FALCIPARIUM. Only one attack can wipe out the whole kidney or leave one with a stage four kidney failure without knowing.

3) Genuine painkillers kills the kidneys, despite that, Nigeria is the home of fake Pain killers, some manufactured in the slums of the big cities.

While you take note of all these, make sure you control your blood pressure because it kills the kidneys by denying blood flow to them. That in turn causes your Sugar to go high - hyperglycemia or diabetes - finishing off the kidneys.
Go to a good Lab and ask them to conduct a kidney test. That will tell you your GFR - Glomeruli Filtration Rate. This is the marker of how well your kidneys are filtering the impurities in your body

Chai! Most of the things you put up there are toxic info...are you sure your a medical or a native doctor? Cos you really suck @pathogenesis..

The commonest riskfactors for Chronic Kidney Disease include:

Sytemic Hypertension-as you rightly mentioned
Diabetes Mellitus
Chronic Glomerulonephritis
Drugs & Herbal abuse-which includes pain killers as you rightly mentioned
HIV Associated Nephropathy (HIVAN)

The pathogenesis (mechanism of disease) you got wrong is saying a damaged kidney will cause Diabetes...where the hell did you get that? Uncontrolled Diabetes is what

causes damaged kidneys not the other way round...where u can have a vicious cycle is Hypertension & Kidney disease whereby one can cause the other & vice-

versa..Diabetes on the other hand comes solely from damage to the Pancreas..and also the commonest species of Plasmodium that causes outright Kidney injury is

Plasmodium malariae & not Plasmodium falciparum as you stated up there...falciparum is very common in African children hence every African child should have gotten

kidney injury if what your saying is true...its only the severe case of Plasmodium falciparum that emanates from untreated or poorly treated malaria that causes kidney

injury & not the acute phase...take note not to misinform the public

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by sukkot: 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Siena:
I've just heard the shocking news.

Muna Obiekwe will be remembered by many for his invaluable contribution to the Nigerian Movie Industry (Nollywood). He was one of my favourite male actors, never afraid to act out his roles to the best of his abilities, regardless.

Some may say he was controversial, he was too Westernised in his portrayals, he had a "dark side" whilst on screen. I saw a very talented Nigerian artist. There are not many like him out there. If I was in the movie / entertainment industry, I would have liked to be like him. To many up and coming Nigerian actors and actresses, Muna Obiekwe was a role model.

We have lost a brother, a father, a son. But we should remember him the way he was, celebrate his life. And remember his wife, children and other family members he left behind. We pray God grants them the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.

Muna Obiekwe, we celebrate you, may your soul Rest In Eternal Peace.
siena why you dey wish death on someone who is still alive. kai. dia ris goduoooooo
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by twerkjack: 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
FUNNY ENUF I DNT BELIEVE THIS STORY
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Deltagiant: 10:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
drlawizle:

Chai! Most of the things you put up there are toxic info...are you sure your a medical or a native doctor? Cos you really suck @pathogenesis..

The commonest riskfactors for Chronic Kidney Disease include:

Sytemic Hypertension-as you rightly mentioned
Diabetes Mellitus
Chronic Glomerulonephritis
Drugs & Herbal abuse-which includes pain killers as you rightly mentioned
HIV Associated Nephropathy (HIVAN)

The pathogenesis (mechanism of disease) you got wrong is saying a damaged kidney will cause Diabetes...where the hell did you get that? Uncontrolled Diabetes is what

causes damaged kidneys not the other way round...where u can have a vicious cycle is Hypertension & Kidney disease whereby one can cause the other & vice-

versa..Diabetes on the other hand comes solely from damage to the Pancreas..and also the commonest species of Plasmodium that causes outright Kidney injury is

Plasmodium malariae & not Plasmodium falciparum as you stated up there...falciparum is very common in African children hence every African child should have gotten

kidney injury if what your saying is true...its only the severe case of Plasmodium falciparum that emanates from untreated or poorly treated malaria that can cause kidney

injury & not the acute phase...take note not to misinform the public

It is a systemic issue, my friend; one fault affects the rest. Damaged kidneys affects adversely how the body metabolizes sugar, in turn slows insulin sensitivity - pancreas.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
sukkot:
siena why you dey wish death on someone who is still alive. kai. dia ris goduoooooo

Stop living in denial.

With virtually every Nigerian celebrity that passes away, there are always those that will create social media accounts to state the said celebrity is alive and well.

No one is wishing Muna Obiekwe death. I'm sure there are millions out there that would like this to be some big mistake, myself included. But something tells me this will not be the case, sadly.

2 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by bebe2(f): 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
common news sef go cause confusion for nigerians,

is he dead or alive?
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
Make peace with your CREATOR while you still can.
ARE YOU BORNAGAIN?
JESUS ONLY is the WAY.
COME to JESUS NOW!! PLEASE
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by sukkot: 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
Siena:

Stop living in denial.

With virtually every Nigerian celebrity that passes away, there are always those that will create social media accounts to state the said celebrity is alive and well.

No one is wishing Muna Obiekwe death. I'm sure there are millions out there that would like this to be some big mistake, myself included. But something tells me this will not be the case, sadly.
am just messing with you bruh lol. trust all is well with you inside that freezer called england wink
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by kayalla(f): 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
Jesus! Death oh death!
RIP MUNA
Re: Muna Obiekwe Dies Of Kidney Failure by bebe2(f): 10:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
ok hence forth, i will not never type R I P for any death where the
person is less then 70YRS old.

dat me done.

fuccked up country angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

E-Money Steps Out In Style With Police Security (Photos) / Funke Akindele And Husband In Court Over House Party (Photos, Video) / Bukola Iyabo Oshadare Dies Of Cancer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.