Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not (3947 Views)

Leave Tompolo Or We Will Help America Fulfill Its Prediction-Buhari Warned / Musa Ayeni: I Will Defeat Jonathan And Buhari- APA Presidential Candidate / Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan, Amaechi Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by donphilopus: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
@BizBooks, you're getting it wrong. Whether IBB endorses Buhari or not, he would surely win in Niger. He won there in 2011 by a very wide margin [64.03% of the total votes] and would surely follow suit come feBuhari 14th. Niger is very, very sure for Buhari!

Jonathan can never win in Kwara as well. He managed to win Kwara then with the help of the Saraki's and the then PDP Abdufattah. Now that they've all dumped him, he would be very lucky to secure 40% of the votes there.

Pls try modify your OP now!
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by donphilopus: 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
Jorussia:
I live in Edo,i can categorically tell you its buhari here.

Bros, tell them o. I'm reporting live from Edo North, and it's Buhari all the way. What part of Edo are you reporting from?!

Cc Chukwudi44 and Freeglobe
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by fresh15: 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Forget about counting states for Jonathan or Buhari.It is about who has the pedigree to rule Nigeria at this time and who will have the higher number of votes from the states?I think without prejudice,it is Jonathan.
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by donphilopus: 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
raumdeuter:
Niger, Kwara for Buhari

I see Edo and Ekiti going for Jonathan

Kogi, Taraba, Nasarawa and Ondo are too close to call

Bros, Edo can never go for Jonathan. I'm an Edolite and I can see the reality on the ground. Unless the Election is rigged in favour of PDP here, Buhari would surely win. Most Edolites are tired of Jonathan and want to vote Buhari!
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by omoalaro: 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by BizBooks(m): 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kerry meeting with Jonathan in Lagos today.
Picture courtesy of .

Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by BizBooks(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kerry also met with Buhari and other APC stalwarts.

Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by sunboy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
Forget Niger state is 80% if not 90% for Buhari. Today i passed by a PDP campaign in Suleja and u need to see how PDP boys were shouting Sai Buhair Sai Nasko I can't help but laugh. Also look around in Niger state and I haven't seen any GEJ poster so far I have been in this state.

As for my lagos just take it 50/50 as of now nobody can predict the swing of Lagos until the result show.
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by erunz(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
BizBooks:
From feedbacks received, it appears Buhari will win Edo State. So I have
removed Edo from Jonthan's column and moved it to Buhari's. As it stands
now, Buhari may win 21 states and Jonathan 15.
am from. Ekpoma and was in benin over the weekend. I can tell u. Categorically that Edo is for PDP in presidency and GEJ will score 30 percent of lagos vote
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by sherrylo: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
BUHARI/OSIBANJO OSUN STATE IS TOO SURE.
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
You are close. Except Jonathan will win all South East, South South, North Central, win Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and possibly Lagos or worst case half. Don't be surprised if he wins some PDP controlled core Northern states or worst the PDP governors will make it close like GMB 65% and GEJ 35%, but letting Buhari win to make the Northerners feel happy. But this will dwindle Buhari votes in the North where he is strong, thereby allowing GEJ to win. Trust me...PDP northern governors will do this or they will lose their elections.

This is based on votes and power of incumbency.
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by Bibol(f): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
sunboy:
Forget Niger state is 80% if not 90% for Buhari. Today i passed by a PDP campaign in Suleja and u need to see how PDP boys were shouting Sai Buhair Sai Nasko I can't help but laugh. Also look around in Niger state and I haven't seen any GEJ poster so far I have been in this state.

As for my lagos just take it 50/50 as of now nobody can predict the swing of Lagos until the result show.

You will hardly see GEJ's posters in Minna. Nasko (PDP) will likely win the governorship election BUT from what I've seen here, Buhari won't have any problem winning in Niger state at the presidential level
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by BizBooks(m): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bibol:

You will hardly see GEJ's posters in Minna. Nasko (PDP) will likely win the governorship
election BUT from what I've seen here, Buhari won't have any problem winning in Niger
state at the presidential level

That is the point a lot of people are missing. Some voters will vote for one party for
governor and another for president. For instance, Imo will vote APC for governor and
PDP for President. Ekiti voted PDP for governor and will likely vote APC for president.
So the fact that PDP or APC is controlling a state at the governorship level does not
mean they will win the presidency at that state.
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by BizBooks(m): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
The ruling party just lost the election in Greece. Is that a sign of things to come?
Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by BizBooks(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Buhari's daughter (Zahra) is doing her best to cost her father this election with
her utterances on Social Media. Lately she angered many people by claiming that
her father's certificate does not matter. What?

Buhari is doing well in spite of her. So she should do him a favour and keep quite.

Zahra Buhari:

Re: Prediction: Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan in the Presidential Elections (Maybe Not by BizBooks(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari's refusal to participate in the two announced debates with Jonathan
could mean either of three things:

1. He believes he is far ahead. If that's the case, then there is no point in
engaging Jonathan. If you are ahead, there is no need to debate your
opponent as that may give him undue publicity.

2. He is afraid of a poor performance that will become a PDP talking point
from now till election day.

3. He believes the debate organizers are allies of Jonathan and will be biased
against him.

PDP supporters believe the likely reason is number 2. They may be right. But
it is in Buhari's best interest not to participate in the debates since he is not
eloquent in speech. He has more to lose than gain in participating. The voters
will be none the wiser but that's politics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote / Was Goodluck Jonathan A Prophet? / The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.