Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Should I Have Allowed Her? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Allowed Her? (25037 Views)

My Husband Did This When I Allowed His Female Friend Live With Us / I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. / Must We Bury People With Fanfare? , Rantings allowed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:

You never see men and their wahala.

At a place of work, they saw one fine babe in the site, you need to see how the supervisor started shouting on everybody there to show he was the boss.

The men weak na grin
That one is common na cheesy
But then again,they don't take things to heart like we do.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by freecocoa(f): 11:38am On Jan 22, 2015
moca:
U know why this topic is still trending?

Cos it depict d behavior of an average nigerian wife who believes that her authority and world begins and ends in d kitchen.

Also we tend to have that feeling of superiority once the ring is there.
All other unmarried ladies(even if they r better of) will forever remain under her. So in every opportunity that avail itself,we tend to show off that we r better off.

D truth is,unmarried ladies suffer a lot from their married counterparts(no wonder everybody want to marry anybody by all means and when d kitchen is too hot, will not wanna come out Bc of bashing from d same people).

I could totally kiss you kiss right now, I have suffered it walai, I had to make sure I wasn't just being paranoid by asking if what I'm seeing is really what it was, I was bluntly told "levels don change, you think say e easy", I just use my tongue count my teeth.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Ewuro4: 11:38am On Jan 22, 2015
edwife:

Exactly!

I know so my dear.The same lady that woke up at 7:30am to consume all my goodies suddenly turned a bear in winter when it's her turn to host. grin

And to add salt to injury be a side chick or lipsrsealed chick on top .. Hian embarassed You go hear am. Mrs Madam go grossly lambast my ancestors on top her 3 walled kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Ewuro4: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2015
moca:

Cos it depict d behavior of an average nigerian wife who believes that her authority and world begins and ends in d kitchen.

All other unmarried ladies(even if they r better of) will forever remain under her. So in every opportunity that avail itself,we tend to show off that we r better off.

D truth is,unmarried ladies suffer a lot from their married counterparts(no wonder everybody want to marry anybody by all means and when d kitchen is too hot, will not wanna come out Bc of bashing from d same people).

EOD (((((HUGS))))))
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by edwife(f): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:

You never see men and their wahala.

At a place of work, they saw one fine babe in the site, you need to see how the supervisor started shouting on everybody there to show he was the boss.

The men weak na grin

I beg chilli,men are better...

Some women will just hate you for no reason...

some because you are pretty,or a likeable person...when you ooze self-esteem you are proud and therefore an enemy.....

Some even at the mention of your name,na so jealousy go wire them... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmm

Imagine your friend's hubby/side dude/main dude stays overnight and the next morning, decides to drive hubby's car out...

Do you think he'll smile?
Drive the car? How?
On d other hand how can he drive the car when he don't know anywhere around?
Who will give him d key?(is it not hubby abi he knows where d car key is?)

Abeg,d two don't tally in any way. This doesn't make sense babe cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Funny enough, apart from the sex, those things are stuffs a guest is entitled to IMHO

I am assuming every home should have guest restrooms and bathrooms. No?
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2015
edwife:

some because you are pretty,or a likeable person...when you ooze self-esteem you are proud and therefore an enemy.....

Some even at the mention of your name,na so jealousy go wire them... grin grin grin

Nne, u get my drift.
Women eeh!
We too much kiss

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2015
Chillisauce:
this is our nigerian madam. waiting for her guest to enter the kitchen
Hahahahahaaa am so dead.

LordReed:

If Cassidy wanted something he should have got it himself since he is the one that is familiar with the host or he should have been with the babe in the kitchen. It is not his home so he has no right to give another person any privileges within the home.

Lmao same Nigerian men who will see it as a taboo even to boil water when a woman is around I hear, again blame Cassidy who dragged his babe to that hostile environment with madam with esteem issues

moca:

God bless you, I have had to scream down some women who decided to take a swipe at an innocent lady who sat with us, the snide comments were unbelievably crazy

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 22, 2015
edwife:

at least it ends up in quarrel.
Men own, will lead to killing most times. because of bottled up emotion. Why do we have wars, assassination etc
make we no derail sha.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmm

Imagine your friend's hubby/side dude/main dude stays overnight and the next morning, decides to drive hubby's car out...

Do you think he'll smile?

Why the emphasis on side chick? We don't know for sure she is one, scorned madam of the house decided to label her that, besides side chick no be human being?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Ewuro4: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

besides side chick no be human being?

So girlfried/fiancé is now the new side chic? grin Naija ehn

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2015
freecocoa:
I could totally kiss you kiss right now, I have suffered it walai, I had to make sure I wasn't just being paranoid by asking if what I'm seeing is really what it was, I was bluntly told "levels don change, you think say e easy", I just use my tongue count my teeth.

Sweetie,its not Bc I'm married I won't say d truth. I don't know why it's so.
One told me not to wear her Dunlop silipas cheesy
U know that silipas they usually sell 100naira.
A friend o!
Visited her and wanted to go out,put on a almighty silipas. Walai, I cried that day when I reached my house. It seems like later she regretted and apologized but d deed has been done.cos she is married? Her hubby was in d sitting rm maybe he heard her and told her she did bad.

Women! Our wahala tooo much cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2015
Ewuro4:

EOD (((((HUGS))))))

kiss cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by edwife(f): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2015
Ewuro4:

I know so my dear.The same lady that woke up at 7:30am to consume all my goodies suddenly turned a bear in winter when it's her turn to host. grin
And to add salt to injury be a side chick or lipsrsealed chick on top .. Hian embarassed You go hear am. Mrs Madam go grossly lambast my ancestors on top her 3 walled kitchen.

True story ewuro,i once hosted my hubby's friend with his then girlfriend.Yes,i did not know her from adam but i did my best to make her comfortable,and the guy was not even sure that he will marry her-according to him that time "he was studying her".

After 4 years,when i went for the holidays-i was at my sis's but she insisted that i spend 3 days with her...My oh my,her house was next to the beach and i had the best time of my all trip at her place.She was the best host ever!the kids and I was so spoiled,i tell you i still have memories.A good turn deserves another,you never know who you rendering service to....

moca:

Nne, u get my drift.
Women eeh!
We too much kiss

Sweetheart ,i have never been surprise about that-i totally ignore such women...they are not worth my time kiss

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2015
Ewuro4:

So girlfried/fiancé is now the new side chic? grin Naija ehn

Lmao wetin I go talk na the side chick iss dey burn matter here na. Madam was scorned and labeled her a side chick every body leave the issue focus on her status as if being a side chick she deserves insults

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2015
moca:

Drive the car? How?
On d other hand how can he drive the car when he don't know anywhere around?
Who will give him d key?(is it not hubby abi he knows where d car key is?)

Abeg,d two don't tally in any way. This doesn't make sense babe cheesy

It is same with entering the kitchen without having the keys (permission) or knowing her way round (how the kitchen is organized/arranged). Who also gave her the key (permission)?

wink

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2015
I just had to read the OP again, she not only looked at the madam one kind but the look said "how can I greet this small girl, I'm older than her" like how can madam make this out of just a look? The first look someone you just met gave you? How did madam even know the girl is older? Does looking older than someone actually mean you is older?

Again, she said the girl's attitude was annoying, what could this girl have done in the space of the hours they arrived and the time she got caught in the kitchen? She didn't help madam cleanup after meal? She prolly was just snuggling up to Cassidy and laughing with madam's hubby, while madam cleaned up after them, smh, this madam is lucky she didn't bring that her village attitude near me, I go show am how to be rude with class, yea, one can be classy and rude.

For the girl to be packing before madam could say "jack", she's got self esteem and won't let no one, treat her less even if it were in their house, nonsense.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Why the emphasis on side chick? We don't know for sure she is one, scorned madam of the house decided to label her that, besides side chick no be human being?
Lol! Aisha don vex cheesy
Tot u dey support her b4? cheesy

Madam de madam cheesy
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

It is same with entering the kitchen without having the keys (permission) or knowing her way round (how the kitchen is organized/arranged). Who also gave her the key (permission)?

wink

Is your kitchen under lock and key? If it was its another issue that one na breaking and entering. Car get key, besides driving car is not a necessity eating is

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by LordReed(m): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2015
freecocoa:
Someone could be dying of hunger, someone coulda needed to take their meds, someone could have ulcer, someone coulda told someone "go, I'm sure they won't mind" etc, there are just so many exceptions.

Let's be reminded that, it's different strokes for different folks, to some people, it's no big deal going into their kitchen, for others, it's a huge deal, we don't know the girl's orientation and there were no clear rules here, you don't automatically conclude people are always supposed to know, in an event they don't, the best one can do is try to correct them as nicely as possible.

It might be better to you but to someone else it's not, if you can sleep with both eyes closed in your house with the strange girl around, why can't you overlook her going into your kitchen? Okay I get, she may poison your family? heck! She coulda done that when y'all were sleeping. I'm not saying she's right to have gone into madam's kitchen, I'm saying, are you sure why she's there? Or are you saying, even if it was a matter of life and death, she shouldn't have?

How do you know her actions were as a result of 'contempt' abi you don join madam believe say the girl look am one kind?

It seems you are making up assumed reasons to justify this action in this instance. As far as we know there was no life threatening situation or health reason. So yes there can be exceptions but none are evident in this instance.

I put the contempt in quotes because it is not really about contempt or otherwise, it's about self respect. I remember staying with family friends for my IT, I bought my own provisions and snacks not because of contempt, I did eat in the house but I didn't assume that because of that I could just walk into the kitchen and eat anything I like. I provided for myself the things I would like to eat when ever and how ever I liked. All guests should have a level of self respect and mind boundaries within their host home.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

wink
It's never d same buky. At all.
U may not like d answer but in a court of law,u will see more than 100 reasons why it's never d same.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
moca:

Lol! Aisha don vex cheesy
Tot u dey support her b4? cheesy

Madam de madam cheesy

Na the first time i no read well when I read am see madam bile gather like ponmo my eye clear
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

I have said severally that I am not even concerned on the 'position' of the said 'guest' hence all the possible relationships listed.

Side chic is human but my husband's friend cannot bring a side chic to our home if

1. He has a girlfriend/fiancée we know
2. If he is married

All his friends know what we stand for
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Is your kitchen under lock and key? If it was its another issue that one na breaking and entering. Car get key, besides driving car is not a necessity eating is
Leave buky alone cheesy
She is high on ewedu leave cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

No, it's not

However no ill mannered guest will walk in to cook without prior notice or consent.

I asked two questions some posts up however no one has answered me.

Be honest, can you do what the guest did?

Walk into someone's kitchen you do not know and start making breakfast without prior notice or permission from the wife?

Yes or no would do

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:

Na the first time i no read well when I read am see madam bile gather like ponmo my eye clear
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I will like to see patience ozorkwor interpret this role walai! cheesy
Patience is madam,
Somebody nwagbue or mercy Johnson as d side chick cheesy.
Blockbuster!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by annalong: 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
I think most of us making comments about the madam of the house been a lioness, aggressive and judging the girl cos she is single are just doing the exact thing they are accusing her of. We have already judged the madam too and dissected her with just the few lines written here forgetting that there might have been so much left unsaid.

This woman has clearly shown us that she is not hot tempered or aggressive seeing that her character has been analysed and drag through the mud by people who know absolutely nothing about her and she has held her peace. If the saying 'by their fruit you shall know them is true' then her silence tells me the kind of person she is.

This is page 9 already and she has not tried to defend herself or insult people back for calling her insecure and intolerant. WE WOMEN ARE REALLY OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by LordReed(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
aisha2:
Lmao same Nigerian men who will see it as a taboo even to boil water when a woman is around I hear, again blame Cassidy who dragged his babe to that hostile environment with madam with esteem issues

That's their own wahala. You cannot come and be boss in someone else's home.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by freecocoa(f): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
moca:

Sweetie,its not Bc I'm married I won't say d truth. I don't know why it's so.
One told me not to wear her Dunlop silipas cheesy
U know that silipas they usually sell 100naira.
A friend o!
Visited her and wanted to go out,put on a almighty silipas. Walai, I cried that day when I reached my house. It seems like later she regretted and apologized but d deed has been done.cos she is married? Her hubby was in d sitting rm maybe he heard her and told her she did bad.

Women! Our wahala tooo much cheesy
My dear no be small thing, the day I had it hot with a cousin she believe na, na for her husband front I dey clear her doubt, talking about why I go collect soup from pot when she never remove her husband own, like wtf? Untop soup wey no be you cook? For family house wey no be you and your husband get? Mschew.

Leave women jare, we no know wetin be our problem.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:

No, it's not

However no ill mannered guest will walk in to cook without prior notice or consent.

I asked two questions some posts up however no one has answered me.

Be honest, can you do what the guest did?

Walk into someone's kitchen you do not know and start making breakfast without prior notice or permission from the wife?

Yes or no would do

I don answer you taya. Okay I will, I have and I let guest do that in my house. I sleep late weekends, my maid comes week days, everyone is on their own on Saturday. I am hungry I will find what to chop, am thirsty I would find what to drink if you want me to ask you when to drink water or when to eat food you are on your own and I wont be in ya mansion in the first place
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Ewuro4: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hmm Edwife, one good deserves another truly.

What about my own bros numerous side chicks grin one came to Toronto last month for conference and bought my kids tons of stuff. The channel mascara she gave me is still trending over my Mary Kay grin

I don't even know if they'll work out or not. But I know I've added a friend to few I already have. You don't know where kids will be in future. humility and patience is the key word here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Odebunmi Ashabi Celebrates Her Quadruplets 1st Birthday (Photos) / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / JSS1 Student Found In Mile 2, Lagos Needs Help To Locate His Family. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.