Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) (22970 Views)

Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence / Buhari Defeated The Maitatsine Islamic Sect - New York Times 1984 Article / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by signz: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
Bamibor:
While I will choose to mantain my neutrality (obviously not the best I know) on the matter at hand, I want to briefly state my conclusions from my thorough perusal of the different submissions that have been made by both parties on this thread.

1. The PDP apologists (and I wonder if thesame is true of the wider majority) have presented their arguements with well researched and intellectually stimulating facts (not without some sentiments though)
2. The APC 'change-advicates' are in a battle to defend what has been represented as facts but seem to be lacking substantial evidence to support their claims. Their last resort appears to be indirectly admitting that they might be wrong but it doesn't matter as long as they get to see a different face in Aso rock.
3. Following from (2) above, the concept of change, looks to me like it is not one that is based on ideologies but on simply getting a new face in the polity (bewilding)
4. There is evidently no love lost between the supporters from both groups (we no be one nigeria again?). Hence whoever wins the election, there is every indication the opposing group will cry foul (may God help us)
5. [/b]The PDP seem to have more supporters among the very educated (Not to say all APC supporters are unschooled). Hence the APC sympathizers seem to careless about the qualifications and economic prowess of their candidate. If not, the ideal strategy would have been to potray more of their running mate who evidently would appeal more to the majority of enlightened Nigerians[b].

Just a few of my observations from reading through this and a few other threads.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by sylve11: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
walcolm:

it's amazing how much stupidity runs in the GEJ camp...whoever you are and whatever you have been paid to twist the truth, it won't work

under Buhari, the signed pact you have posted was for Brazil to refine our crude (because the refineries had failed under the corrupt leadership of shagari) and return the finished product to us NOT SELL the finished product to Nigeria. Brazil will then charge Nigeria 'SERVICE CHARGE' for the job

you can try to twist the truth but it still wont work

Listen to yourself! Reading your post I thought you would say money wasn't involved. The service charge is free uhn?
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by chemali: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Promhize:

Listen to yourself! Reading your post I thought you would say money wasn't involved. The service charge is free uhn?

If local production could not meet demand, what was he expected to do? Note - this pact was signed 3 months after he assumed power!
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by 100Cents: 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
jumboo:
Most of the conclusions reached here are uninformed. The policy of importing refined oil did not start with Buhari, it predates Buhari. A world bank report released in May of 1983 (before Buhari came into power) alluded to this fact. This action was an immediate reaction to rising demand locally and our inability to meet this demand. It was at this time the second PH refinery was being planned to ensure we meet domestic production and export refined oil.

If you can read or chose to read, you can go through the series of documents I will post:

Now, who first implemented the policy framework ?
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by chemali: 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
100Cents:

Now, who first implemented the policy framework ?

If you read point 1.26 in the document, this policy was in place during Shagari regime. In 1981, 2.4 million tonnes of petroleum products had to be processed in offshore refineries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by Athanatos(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kenai:

Eyyah. Pele oh.
Your General's rotten, stinking a$$ has been exposed as a FRAUD posturing as a man of integrity.
You can keep accusing ghosts from your village.

Buhari is going down
going down
going down
Buhari is going down, MY DEAR LAPDOG. grin
And that's how I died of laughter. Lmao!
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
KADUNA REFINERY

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

Muhammadu Was the Petroleum Minister and NNPC Head in 1977

WARRI REFINERY

Muhammadu Buhari was the Petroleun Minister in 1977

Both are from the official website of Both refineries. History can never be re-written. That Buhari undertook refinery construction as Petroleum Minister under Obasanjo Administration does not equate to not importing PMS product in 1984. I don't get your point but don't re-write history

Guy stop being plain dumb. Was Buhari the head of state in 1977? So we would as well attribute the revitalization of our rail transport to the minister of transport, abi? Moreover, the articles you quoted was talking about the lubriating oil complex and the petrochemicals section of the refineries. Don't tell me you don't know the difference between those and the mainstream crude oil refining.
Guy, buhari is corrupt. To imagine that he presided over our government when 3 refineries were on ground and running, and yet could give Brazil such a concession is the height of cluelessness and corruption. Buhari is as bad as GEJ, but to make matters worse, he is an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
ichidodo:
So what it means is that Buhari took food from Nigerians and their children's mouths and gave it to Brazil.....infact our food so nourished Brazil that they catapulted from third world country- in 30 years- to first world country.Everything bad we are currently undergoing as a Nation started under Buhari....corruption......destruction/cancellation of infrastructure and metro line.....Maistatsine/BokoHaram.....Fuel importation/Fuel scarcity......devaluation of Naira.....Now he wants to finish the rest Babangida didn't give him chance to destroy.

But Brazil is not a first world country
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by chemali: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Guy stop being plain dumb. Was Buhari the head of state in 1977? So we would as well attribute the revitalization of our rail transport to the minister of transport, abi? Moreover, the articles you quoted was talking about the lubriating oil complex and the petrochemicals section of the refineries. Don't tell me you don't know the difference between those and the mainstream crude oil refining.
Guy, buhari is corrupt. To imagine that he presided over our government when 3 refineries were on ground and running, and yet could give Brazil such a concession is the height of cluelessness and corruption. Buhari is as bad as GEJ, but to make matters worse, he is an illiterate.

If you read the world bank report posted above, you will be the clueless one
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by DaBullIT(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
[size=28pt]Refinery or no Refinery, Apc all the way

One government for 16+ years is bound to loose sight and focus

Don't care how far yall travel in your time machines to digout these things

I want change of government

Period [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by Ikwokrikwo: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
Buhari is lying again.
This thread needs to be resurrected
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by Trut(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ikwokrikwo:
Buhari is lying again.
This thread needs to be resurrected

Yes, they MODS should move this thread to front page
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by jdilight(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Kenai:
Did you know that under Buhari's administration, Nigeria signed a pact to export unrefined crude oil to other countries and then import the finished products afterwards?

This 1984 news article from The New York Times lays it bare!

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/14/business/brazil-wins-nigeria-pact.html

But APC propagandist are saying Buhari built 3 refinery as President of Nigeria

So while sign this economic sabotagious pack when you have built 3 refinery or were they built on papers.

Another lies of APC
Re: Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) by MCMLXXVI(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2021
Damn!
Memories!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu, Reconcile With Asari Dokubo - Ohanaeze Begs / Libya's Instability Responsible For Banditry, Terrorism In Nigeria – Buhari / Real Pictures : Re: Osun APC Presidential Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.