Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 (1639 Views)

21-Year-Old Mother Who Has Just One Arm (Photos) / Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Dies (Photos) / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 by NaijaCoded: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2015
Omkari Singh is thought to be the oldest mother in the world after she gave birth to twins at the age of 70, Uttar Pradesh, northern India.

Now, six years later Omkari Singh reveals the struggles and joys of being an elderly parent. As it turned out one of the twins Barsaat, the girl, died at the age of four. Meanwhile the woman’s son Akashvani is an ordinary healthy and playful boy who goes to school.

Speaking about her unusual life the 76-year-old who is married to Charan, 89, says she could not be more happy than now. “Many people ask me, “Is he your grandson?” I tell them “No. He is my son”.’I am very happy that I am a mother of a six-year-old son. It is an unexplainable feeling,” Mrs Singh said.

Already parents to two daughters and grandparents to five, the couple were desperate to have a boy – they buffalos, mortgaged their land, spent their life savings and took out a credit card loan to pay for IVF treatment.

Omkari and Charna eventually succeeded when their eldest daughter was 50 years old. Nevertheless, an elderly mother knows that age is not on her side as she is struggling to keep up with her restless son.

“I am not able to bath him properly. I have problems getting him dressed. It is hard to run around and feed him. Old age is like this.” The 76-year-old hopes to live long enough to see Akashvani getting married and says, “I am not worried. After my death my daughter will take care of my son.”
Re: PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 by veave(f): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2015
And you think the bible made a mistake?
There shall be no barren means there shall be no barren.
Every woman can conceive at any age... be it thru IVF traditional means.
To all TTC couples,

Please let not your faith run weak...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 by ammyluv2002(f): 9:38am On Jan 20, 2015
veave:
And you think the bible made a mistake?
There shall be no barren means there shall be no barren.
Every woman can conceive at any age... be it thru IVF traditional means.
To all TTC couples,

Please let not your faith run weak...
I love you..... kudos! kiss
Re: PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 by veave(f): 9:45am On Jan 20, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I love you..... kudos! kiss

Love you too sis...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 by free2ryhme: 6:59am On Jan 21, 2015
ok oo we have hear grin grin grin
Re: PHOTOS: Meet World’s Oldest Mother Who Gave Birth To Twins At 70 by zeb04(f): 7:09am On Jan 21, 2015
I love that young man he is so beautiful. I also love the fact the husband choose to try every methods with his wife instead of sampling young fertile girls for male child.

(1) (Reply)

Need Advice, No Insult Please / INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ONLY! WHO IS THE BABY'S MOTHER / Funeral Of Man And His Three Kids Killed In Boat Accident In The U.S.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.