Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Need Advice, No Insult Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Advice, No Insult Please (1634 Views)

Marriage Advice Needed. No Insult Please / I Need Advice No Insult / I Need Advice, No Insults Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2017
Please someone should advice me here before I die of depression. I have a very bad mouthed and negativity father, his words are harsh and all that comes out from his mouth concerning his children are negative. Any small mistake we make the whole neighbourhood will hear and what we did. Even when we do good, he ridicules our goodness. Seriously I am tired of this man, he makes me depressed when I am at home during holiday and when I go to school I don't just want to return back home because it is hell no happiness at all. His attitude drains my happiness please what can I do. Feeling so depressed
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by kunlesufyan(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2017
My brother, I think you have to look past all of that. Plan your life and keep the fire burNing... if you continue thinking about how ur father behaves, it will constantly weigh you down..my major advice is whatever it is you are good at , begin to follow it up. So you can have some financial freedom. With your own money and hustle, all that negativity wont matter.
Do you understand??

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by UbanmeUdie: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2017
shocked

You have already considered a possible solution, you simply lack the courage to do it.

However, just in case what I am thinking is not what you are thinking as possible solution,

Here is what I am thinking since you guys are fed up of the old man's attitude:

Simply KILL HIM!

I'm sure being fatherless will appeal more to you.

Useless child of a stupid father!
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by delishpot: 9:23am On Nov 27, 2017
My dear, it hurts but you must know that he has lived his life and you have yours to live too. Do not allow his negativity drag you down. Mourn but rise up and dust yourself. You have YOUR own life in front of you.

5 Likes

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by tmx21(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2017

All you need to do is to man-up and challenge his optimism.

Although he's doing that to lay you on the right path but he didn't realize that overdoing it can revoke the initial positivity in it. Just walk up to him and pour your heart out... There's high tendency of him changing.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

You have already considered a possible solution, you simply lack the courage to do it.

However, just in case what I am thinking is not what you are thinking as possible solution,

Here is what I am thinking since you guys are fed up of the old man's attitude
Simply KILL HIM!

See as ignorance is coming out of your reply, if you can't comment without insulting please waka. Useless bastard

5 Likes

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by kunlesufyan(m): 9:29am On Nov 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Simply KILL HIM!

This is so not cool, the fact that his father behaves that way doesn't mean his father has no love for him.
You come begin curse the father curse the boy join.
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 9:29am On Nov 27, 2017
delishpot:
My dear, it hurts but you must know that he has lived his life and you have yours to live too. Do not allow his negativity drag you down. Mourn but rise up and dust yourself. You have YOUR own life in front of you.
But how?
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by otusnora(f): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2017
thank God u re going 2 sch, focus on ur studies n hw to mak ur future comfortable for u n ur siblings, whatever attitude hes dishing out swallow them in good fate wit the hopes of breaking forth,falling into depression wont do u any good. Someday wen u re on ur own, u'll miss him if not for anytn for his troubles. Be strong.

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2017
kunlesufyan:

This is so not cool, the fact that his father behaves that way doesn't mean his father has no love for him.
You come begin curse the father curse the boy join.
don't mind him by their comment you shall know them. He is a useless bastard grin

1 Like

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 9:41am On Nov 27, 2017
otusnora:
thank God u re going 2 sch, focus on ur studies n hw to mak ur future comfortable for u n ur siblings, whatever attitude hes dishing out swallow them in good fate wit the hopes of breaking forth,falling into depression wont do u any good. Someday wen u re on ur own, u'll miss him if not for anytn for his troubles. Be strong.
. Thank you very much. Have a happy week

1 Like

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by Prognose: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2017
lizakon001:
But how?

You have to shift your focus of happiness away from him. Develop a thick skin. Don't let whatever he says get to you. Find every avenue to keep away from him. Negativity is highly contagious. As he gets older he will become more reflective and his negativity will reduce. But until then, forge your own life. Write your name in the sands of time. Don't let him prevent you from being all you can be.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by ayokenny37(m): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Simply KILL HIM!

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by delishpot: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
lizakon001:
But how?

By telling yourself that truth. HE HAS LIVED HIS LIFE And he did not let your feelings get in the way of his actions(IE he says those nasty things without considering you) now you have to live yours without letting his own views disturb or derail your own dream and life purpose or emotions. Yes he is your dad and you would have lived to have a perfect relationship with him but see it for the fact, devil is using him to distract your life energy, ignore his arrows and hope for a better relationship but while you wait, don't let his negativity weigh you down.

3 Likes

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
delishpot:

By telling yourself that truth. HE HAS LIVED HIS LIFE And he did not let your feelings get in the way of his actions(IE he says those nasty things without considering you) now you have to live yours without letting his own views disturb or derail your own dream and life purpose or emotions. Yes he is your dad and you would have lived to have a perfect relationship with him but see it for the fact, devil is using him to distract your life energy, ignore his arrows and hope for a better relationship but while you wait, don't let his negativity weigh you down.
thank you

1 Like

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by Richy4(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
It would have been easier assuming you were living off campus... During holidays, you just stay put... Xmas period u appear at the family house on 24th night and disappear on 26th evening.. i.e. if words were affecting your thinking faculty ..

I know u are a woman, boys can pull it off better..

1 Like

Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Richy4:
It would have been easier assuming you were living off campus... During holidays, you just stay put... Xmas period u appear at the family house on 24th night and disappear on 26th evening.. i.e. if words were affecting your thinking faculty ..

I know u are a woman, boys can pull it off better..
his words hurt me seriously and the annoying part is that he does not allow us travel or stay in hostel. We stay with him from January to December
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by lizakon001(f): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
kunlesufyan:
My brother, I think you have to look past all of that. Plan your life and keep the fire burNing... if you continue thinking about how ur father behaves, it will constantly weigh you down..my major advice is whatever it is you are good at , begin to follow it up. So you can have some financial freedom. With your own money and hustle, all that negativity wont matter.
Do you understand??
I am a girl, 21 yrs
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by benzion72(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2017
Your dad need help, show him more love and care despite the negative. Never use his negativity to respond to him.

And never allow such negative to come through your own mouth. Create more interest him use love to conquer evils
Re: Need Advice, No Insult Please by Od31(m): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please dont allow the negative words from you father affect you. I will also advice you counter the negative words with positive word. If he tells you "y[i]ou will not become anything in life[/i]" you respond either him to yourself ( if not possible to response to him) by saying " I will be great in life" and keep telling yourself that. Te Bible says you shall have what you say. always counter every negative words with positive one. and By His grace you will have all the positive words you confess to yourself. Tell you siblings to do the say.

Also put you father in prayers too. May God help him realized that he need to profess good things upon his children. One beautiful of life is to see your children become great in your lifetime.

God will help you to be great in life in Jesus Name. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Having Sex Outside Marriage Gets Pregnant Easily, But Married / Do Some Men Endorse Their Wife To Cheat? / What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.