Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct (1215 Views)

Help: Between My Current Job And Npower / My Ordeal With My Nephew's Wife. Please I Need Your Advise / RELATIONSHIP: My Dog Is My Current Best Friend - Eva Alordiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by eightsin(m): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
This is going to be a long read so please bear with me.

On the 15th of Oct 2014, I went to task direct enugu branch against the advice of my friends to buy a HP pavilion 15 notebook pc, corei3, 500 HDD, 4G ram. That same day, when using it to watch a movie, it sudden stopped working and showed a msg thus "windows encountered a problem and needs to restart" it did restart and asked me if I wanted to send the problem to Microsoft which I did. That same day, I copied my songs from my phone to the laptop but noticed it took so long ( approximately 19) minutes) to transfer a file of about 2G plus. All these I over looked saying it's a new PC.

Let's fast forward to about 8/9 days after. I have recorded over 5 crashes. I tried calling the company's enugu number which is on the receipt but it was switched off so I sent a mail but got no reply. The next day a friend from the office came visiting, he had some CD plates with him along side his laptop. I took the CDS from him and started copying the movies to my laptop. This took like for ever, this is a file of just 4G plus and it has taken over 30mins and yet to complete. My friend became inpatient and brought out the CD from the Drive. I then begged him to copy same CD into his laptop cos I wanted to know how long it will take. Surprisingly, it took less than 5mins. This is a PC that is below my own in RAM and in processor and it took it such a short time to do what mine could not do. That was when I knew or rather it dawned on me that I was sold a defective laptop.

The next day, I didn't waste time before returning it with the hope that I would be given a new one since the fault is not my own doing. But the manager or whatever he is refused. Instead he sent it to their head office in lagos. Before he did this, I told him if they as much as loose a screw from my less than 2 weeks laptop, I won't be taking it. He promise it won't happen that their company is a professional and upright one. From there on, it was OYO for me. I called n called. Sent mails upon mails and got no reply. Went to their office and shouted, still nothing. I became frustrated and traveled for the Xmas. On the 1st week of Jan 2015, I went to their office and they said the laptop is in their lagos office that I will have to wait till they order for goods before I'd get mine except I would take responsibility for the bills of the courier service that will be use. Out of frustration, I accept.

On the 16th of Jan 2015, I was called to come get it. I happily went. I discovered my laptop had scratches all over the edge still I kept quiet. I ask the man to put it on by himself and when he did, it displayed a msg that windows did not start well that we should restart which we did. I then told him I'd take it home to observe.

On getting home, I discovered that the laptop is asking me to activate windows. I swear, confusion enter my body. Nonetheless, I connected my Internet and tried activating it but it brought out error msg that the file name, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. This was when I discovered that the operating system has been changed from windows 8 to windows 8 pro. I immediately called their office and I was told they will get back to me on Monday. I tried copying a movie of about 3G into the system and it took 17mins. My people, just imagine what will happen when I copy a file of 30G. On the 19th Jan, which was Monday, I waited and waited but got no calls. I decided to play with the virtual DJ I downloaded, few minutes later, the system crashed and restarted itself.i got angry and removed the battery only to discover that a screw was loose. I no fit take am again. I called them and they said I should bring it to their office the next day. I sent them mail as well letting them know I'm no longer interested in that system that I need a new one or a refund of my money.

Getting to their office today, they refused giving a new one instead he wants to send it to lagos again for repair. I told him plain right there that no matter what, I'm never going to take that laptop and he smiled. I don't know what to do again. This people are bent on denying me my right and forcing a defective laptop down my throat.

Is there anyone that can help me? I don't know what to do again.

Sorry for the lengthy read and the grammatical errors. I'm typing from a phone and the mood ain't happy.
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by obua: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
Why are you always copying movies?
That might be the root of the problems.
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by eightsin(m): 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
obua:
Why are you always copying movies?
That might be the root of the problems.

Easiest way to find out how fast it is to move files. Even documents and apps
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by damola1: 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
They are also in a dilemma.

A. They cannot return back to manufacturer for new, they can only take it under warranty.

B. I will strongly advise you ask when buying in future about a company return policy.

What's done is done. I will advise you to take your system, install the OS yourself, and insert the right key yourself. Or, use the win 8 pro without updating it.

Else, as long as it's a software problem and not hardware, you've to manage it yourself, else, you'll not use that computer for months to come, and even when they come back, they still have to depend on their ' lagos ' office.

They are NOT HP. If you've a HP service center, best to go direct. And also tell the company, their return policy for a new item is bad, and you'll make sure everyone is fully aware not to patronise them.
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by eightsin(m): 7:06am On Jan 28, 2015
Thanks for your contribution.
But what I discovered is that the fault is not from the windows software because they installed a new OS yet the same fault still persist. I think it is in the RAM or the HDD.i was emailed their return policy and I returned it before the 2 weeks stipulated but they simply refused giving me the return policy form to fill. I checked the laptop warranty cover on hp site and also discovered that the manufacturer warranty has expired. I've reported the matter to CPC and they said they will investigate. So I'm waiting for their verdect .if they can't help then I'd count my losses.

damola1:
They are also in a dilemma.

A. They cannot return back to manufacturer for new, they can only take it under warranty.

B. I will strongly advise you ask when buying in future about a company return policy.

What's done is done. I will advise you to take your system, install the OS yourself, and insert the right key yourself. Or, use the win 8 pro without updating it.

Else, as long as it's a software problem and not hardware, you've to manage it yourself, else, you'll not use that computer for months to come, and even when they come back, they still have to depend on their ' lagos ' office.

They are NOT HP. If you've a HP service center, best to go direct. And also tell the company, their return policy for a new item is bad, and you'll make sure everyone is fully aware not to patronise them.
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by damola1: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2015
I like and appreciate your commitment to see this to a logical conclusion. Kindly update status here once it's done.
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by eightsin(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
I'd do just that.
Re: My Current Painful Ordeal With Task Direct by eightsin(m): 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
I wanna give an update on the laptop issue.

CPC called the company and they promised to fix it. That it is under warranty. They said if after fixing, the problem still persist, I'd get a new one. On the 27th of march 015, after waiting for months, I was called to come get it from their enugu office. Was tempted to reject it but I was made to understand that for them to change it, they will hav to send it to the company and wait for them to send a replacement. Omo, fear catch me cos I know say e go take like 5years if fixing a faulty laptop cld take them approximately 6months.
So I accepted the laptop with so many scratches on the body and it looking like a second new laptop. Still observing it and praying it doesn't develop faults.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: See The Restaurant In China Where Waitresses & Waiters Work Half-naked / Whatsapp Calls Far Cheaper Than GSM Calls In Nigeria (photos) / Graphic Photos Of Ghastly Motor Accident At Enugu-abakaliki Express Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.