Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2330423 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (1105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olaglobal86: 10:42am On Apr 02
@matternal pls can we discuss offline
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olaglobal86: 10:44am On Apr 02
@maternal can we discuss offline
olayinkataoreed393@gmail.com pls mssg me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dj4all: 11:22am On Apr 02
Adez1

It will simply Carry the validity of your biometrics. That is, if you get a new 10 years Passport, ur visa will carry the validity of your biometrics, since it will obviously be less than 10 years. They simply pick the lowest validity btw the passport and biometrics at any point in time.
The visa gurus in d house knows better and can confirm this. [/quote]

Hello amazing people in the House,
Something struck my attention here while reading through.

The last time I did biometric was 2015 when I was refused study permit visa on financial ground and travel history.

A. Here is my first question!
I am about to apply for Canada visit visa and my passport has 4 years validity, I also did biometric last, 9 years ago, does it mean that visa can only be approved for max 1 year of my biometric validity or 4 years of my passport validity??

Pls gurus in the house, I need your enlightenment on this.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dj4all: 11:25am On Apr 02
angie88:
U simply have to pay for another biometrics and do another one

Thank you so much for the swift response.
God bless you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BossFingy(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02
Omoh, this waiting time is too much, since Sept 28 last year no response till now... What else can someone do to make this guys respond fast?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:38pm On Apr 02
BossFingy:
Omoh, this waiting time is too much, since Sept 28 last year no response till now... What else can someone do to make this guys respond fast?

You will probably get decision notice this month.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 1:42pm On Apr 02
BossFingy:

Most probably a decision as been reach for u. If u use agent. Go to him let him open it in your presence and see. If you apply ursef and u still didn’t receive decision till now raise a webform. You mention before u have been refuse USA visa and u didn’t mention to them. Ur case is tricky, heaven help us all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 1:49pm On Apr 02
Dj4all:

Hello amazing people in the House,
Something struck my attention here while reading through.

The last time I did biometric was 2015 when I was refused study permit visa on financial ground and travel history.

A. Here is my first question!
I am about to apply for Canada visit visa and my passport has 4 years validity, I also did biometric last, 9 years ago, does it mean that visa can only be approved for max 1 year of my biometric validity or 4 years of my passport validity??

Pls gurus in the house, I need your enlightenment on this.

The IRCC will consider the length of validity of both your passport and biometric, and then give preference to the one with the shortest validity.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 3:09pm On Apr 02
Pls if u used an agent, tell him to open ur application in your presence. November people has started getting decision and u r still talking Abt September. I don't knw what's with agents hoarding decision information from clients.
BossFingy:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hayor88(m): 5:28pm On Apr 02
Good afternoon house

I was refused CANADA VISIT VISA on the ist of April 2024 after waiting since October

My questions:
Now i'm thinking of VISIT UK for my sis Graduation
and come back to Nigeria...

What are my chances of getting Canada visit visa ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02
hayor88:
Good afternoon house

I was refused CANADA VISIT VISA on the ist of April 2024 after waiting since October

My questions:

What are the reason(s) for the refusal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 5:47pm On Apr 02
hayor88:
Good afternoon house

My questions:

Please let us know the reason for refusal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02
hayor88:
Good afternoon house

My questions:

So sorry about the refusal . Please do you know the reason for refusal ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hayor88(m): 6:00pm On Apr 02
Reason for refusal was not sure I'm coming back

And insufficient balance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 6:03pm On Apr 02
hayor88:

And insufficient balance

How much did you present for Proof of funds
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 6:13pm On Apr 02
hayor88:

And insufficient balance

You have to work on the reason, they criteria is not so different from UK.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dj4all: 6:25pm On Apr 02
Hello my beautiful Nairalanders,
Pls I will like to share my past immigration story before embarking on the next Canada visa application. I want to make my past situation as open as possible so that you can guide me properly.

In 2015 I got admission to study in Canada, but my visa application was refused after passport request due to travel history and insufficient fund.
I never knew anything about traveling then. Although my salary was poor then, I sent all payslip and references to the agent that did the application then.
The agent got me a sponsor with 17m in his account and we're not even related but I was still refused visa after passport request,

In 2016, someone introduced me to another agent who said he can get someone to invite me to U.S for visiting visa.
He embarked on the whole process and I later notice along the line that he was merging me with a lady to travel together as husband and wife with the same invite. It was so funny. He arranged job and huge bank statement In my salary account. I was so upset but it was too late for me. He did everything on my behalf and mine was just to go for interview.but that was my situation. I and the girl was refused the visa in 2016.
All this happened when I was single.

In 2016, I joined nairaland and started reading and learning from every post here. I have wasted time and resources with my past agents. Probably Vo weren't convince enough.

Years later I got married with kids. I got new job and started building my job profile and experience.

Dearest Nairalanders, I will really need your guide and counsel as embark on the process.With the wealth of knowledge in this house, I can't afford to miss it again.

I have gotten an employer in Canada who wish to hire me and go through the LMIA process. I am thinking of entering Canada via visitors visa then apply for work permit. Though that's my secrete intention.all my job references in my current place of work is available and legit.
I hope it's a good idea?

Here are my worries and questions,
1. My mum and elder brother is a permanent resident and citizen respectively.
I have an invitation to attend my aged Mum's birthday in Canada this year.
He agreed to be the sponsor and will cater for travel ticket and accommodation within the 8 days length of stay on the application.
✓I have 2m in one of my bank and I have another salary account that I run with other business as well.. I planned to show the 2 bank account. (Total proof of fund is 2.1m)
I hope it's enough as proof of fund.

2. Since 2015, I don't have any travel history. Hope this won't affect my next application?
3. Can I include my Canada and U.S visa refusal in the application?
4. How can I bring in my family, after entering Canada??
5. What are the chances of success in this process?

Pls gurus in the house, your candid advice and guidance will be highly appreciated.

D. Oj
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02
Dj4all:
Pls I will like to share my past immigration story before embarking on the next Canada visa application. I want to make my past situation as open as possible so that you can guide me properly.

In 2015 I got admission to study in Canada, but my visa application was refused after passport request due to travel history and insufficient fund.
I never knew anything about traveling then. Although my salary was poor then, I sent all payslip and references to the agent that did the application then.
The agent got me a sponsor with 17m in his account and we're not even related but I was still refused visa after passport request,

In 2016, someone introduced me to another agent who said he can get someone to invite me to U.S for visiting visa.
He embarked on the whole process and I later notice along the line that he was merging me with a lady to travel together as husband and wife with the same invite. It was so funny. He arranged job and huge bank statement In my salary account. I was so upset but it was too late for me. He did everything on my behalf and mine was just to go for interview.but that was my situation. I and the girl was refused the visa in 2016.

In 2016, I joined nairaland and started reading and learning from every post here. I have wasted time and resources with my past agents. Probably Vo weren't convince enough.

Years later I got married with kids. I got new job and started building my job profile and experience.

Dearest Nairalanders, I will really need your guide and counsel as embark on the process.With the wealth of knowledge in this house, I can't afford to miss it again.

I have gotten an employer in Canada who wish to hire me and go through the LMIA process. I am thinking of entering Canada via visitors visa then apply for work permit. Though that's my secrete intention.all my job references in my current place of work is available and legit.
I hope it's a good idea?

He agreed to be the sponsor and will cater for travel ticket and accommodation within the 8 days length of stay on the application.
✓I have 2m in one of my bank and I have another salary account that I run with other business as well.. I planned to show the 2 bank account. (Total proof of fund is 2.1m)

2. Since 2015, I don't have any travel history. Hope this won't affect my next application?

Pls gurus in the house, your candid advice and guidance will be highly appreciated.

D. Oj

Good Evening D.O, I am not an expert but can answer a few of your questions 😄😄😄

1. 2.1M as your total POF is way too small! How much is flight ticket to canada? They expect you to be able to fund your trip even if you have a capable sponsor and still have substantial savings in your account after the trip.
2.travel history is only an added advantage to your application, the success of your application will not be judged by your travel history.
3 Please, Biko, Da Allah! Include ALL previous refusals in your new application o. USA and Canada share travellers database.
4. Enter canada first before thinking of your family 😄
5. Your chances are based on your ability to convince the VO that you worth the visa, your documents must be well prepared. And lastly, you need some luck.

Wishing you all the best bro.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 7:28pm On Apr 02
Dj4all:

I hope it's a good idea?

D. Oj
Don't forget to previous rejection
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Babydaddymateri(m): 12:26am On Apr 03
Hi house,

I learnt November biometric candidates are getting decision already. My biometric was November 2nd

Is there anybody here that had his/ her biometric last November and has gotten a decision yet??

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 12:38am On Apr 03
Babydaddymateri:
Hi house,

I learnt November biometric candidates are getting decision already. My biometric was November 2nd

Is there anybody here that had his/ her biometric last November and has gotten a decision yet??

Thanks

Yours is around the corner by Gods Grace
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Thebosslady(f): 1:33am On Apr 03
I have a question please. My family and I did our biometrics on the 27th of October 2023. On the 27th of March 2024, I received a passport request email for our kids. One week later, I (the main applicant) and my husband are yet to receive our own passport request mail. Is this normal? Should we be worried?

Can you screenshot for us. Let see. ?? Someone did bio 25 oct and got his family PPr yesterday, urs is 23rd Oct. what could that mean…may be u need to refresh ur page and let us no if u got pending message u haven’t view…[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dj4all: 6:55am On Apr 03
donteebalo:

Good Evening D.O, I am not an expert but can answer a few of your questions 😄😄😄

1. 2.1M as your total POF is way too small! How much is flight ticket to canada? They expect you to be able to fund your trip even if you have a capable sponsor and still have substantial savings in your account after the trip.
2.travel history is only an added advantage to your application, the success of your application will not be judged by your travel history.
3 Please, Biko, Da Allah! Include ALL previous refusals in your new application o. USA and Canada share travellers database.
4. Enter canada first before thinking of your family 😄
5. Your chances are based on your ability to convince the VO that you worth the visa, your documents must be well prepared. And lastly, you need some luck.

Wishing you all the best bro.

Thank you so much @donteebalo.
I appreciate your response.
God bless you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Educhopper(m): 7:25am On Apr 03
My present situation is same like yours. Applied for my wife and 4 years old daughter. My wife passport request is out. This is 14 days today, my baby processing is still on. I m still waiting O. So be patient. It will come out right God willing.. Shalom!!!
Thebosslady:
I have a question please. My family and I did our biometrics on the 27th of October 2023. On the 27th of March 2024, I received a passport request email for our kids. One week later, I (the main applicant) and my husband are yet to receive our own passport request mail. Is this normal? Should we be worried?

Can you screenshot for us. Let see. ?? Someone did bio 25 oct and got his family PPr yesterday, urs is 23rd Oct. what could that mean…may be u need to refresh ur page and let us no if u got pending message u haven’t view…

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 8:43am On Apr 03
Babydaddymateri:
Hi house,

Thanks

13th Nov. Nothing yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 10:16am On Apr 03
Babydaddymateri:
Hi house,

Thanks
We never see anything o

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rido007: 12:15pm On Apr 03
Please house, is there anyone who has ircc lagos contact
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AWonder: 2:36pm On Apr 03
Anyone did biometrics for closed work visa in November 2023 and received passport request yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Biamoz(m): 3:49pm On Apr 03
@ Gurus in the house, I intend to apply for vv to Canada next month. I have been denied US visitors visa about 3 times. I intend to use my POF bank statement of 6 months starting from November last year. I had an impressive bank movement during the month of November, December, March and surely this April and coming May. There was no much deposit and withdrawal during the month of January and February. Deposit and withdrawal in each of month (January & February) is not above 2,500USD equivalent. Hopefully that next month , I may have a balance of 30K usd. Please I want to know if low movement in these 2 month will be a red flag to my application. Your advice is highly needed here
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deering1008: 4:19pm On Apr 03
I have been waiting since July 2023, no update till now after several webform. Canada visa is just a mess
BossFingy:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 5:56pm On Apr 03
I did my biometrics October 30. For Conference. Got my decision today PPR denied.
4 other people we applied together, today got their PPR today. To everyone, (Nov applicant n co) waiting I hope VO decision favors u.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 6:12pm On Apr 03
hasbunallah:
I did my biometrics October 30. For Conference. Got my decision today PPR denied.
4 other people we applied together, today got their PPR today. To everyone, (Nov applicant n co) waiting I hope VO decision favors u.

What !!!! Denied? What was the reason for the refused? Any travel history?how much pof? Self sponsored with personal statement of account or office sponsored with letter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (1105) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: hazel01(f), Reddfox(m), JemmyO, Doublej805 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.