Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2332319 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 7:54pm On Mar 30
ednut1:
even if it was possible. You wont get any visa dates till 2025. Meanwhile visit is for 6 months max in Canada before you return

Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months while on visit in Canada, and they can extend the length of their stay if they have any legitimate reason.

For a visitor to extend his or her stay while in Canada, he or she will need to apply for a visitor record.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajalalomo: 7:58pm On Mar 30
hasbunallah:

Brotherhood help me pls. That sure link for job in Canada. Am also a graduate.How are I contact you pls. For God sakešŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™ hopefully this your new application will end in success sir.

Sure link!

Yinmu

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:24pm On Mar 30
hasbunallah:

I saw the news fear catch me ooo.
207,18,19 were the years asylum seekers chopped serious raffle draws after then they started recruiting more Nigerians into IRB and they do it for one reason so they have an idea how Nigerians reason, operate and if our claims are true and the moment they clocked most claims were false they started refusing people. I advise anyone I know please donā€™t seek asylum itā€™s a double edged sword that will most likely go the wrong way.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pelaiye2703(m): 9:55pm On Mar 30
Good evening to you all,

I am a silent follower please I'd like to know the exact email the status of your ongoing application would be sent to. Is it the confirmation email they sent the acknowledgment receipt to after Biometric, or the one being used when registration? I have access to the email, Application number, and UCI number but don't know the password used during the registration.
I have been trying to track the status of my application to no avail. I did my Biometrics in early January. I look forward to a reply from anyone here.
Regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 10:05pm On Mar 30
Debbieeeeeee:

207,18,19 were the years asylum seeker chopped serious raffle draws after then they started recruiting more Nigerians into IRB and they do it for one reason so they have an idea how Nigerians reason, operate and if our claims are true and the moment they clocked most claims were false they started refusing people. I advise anyone I know please donā€™t seek asylum itā€™s a double edged sword that will most likely go the wrong way.

So what route is best now pls. For someone with vv . I heard study is hard too now and even expensive sef. What other way to stay in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:55pm On Mar 30
Debbieeeeeee:

207,18,19 were the years asylum seeker chopped serious raffle draws after then they started recruiting more Nigerians into IRB and they do it for one reason so they have an idea how Nigerians reason, operate and if our claims are true and the moment they clocked most claims were false they started refusing people. I advise anyone I know please donā€™t seek asylum itā€™s a double edged sword that will most likely go the wrong way.

Will they listen?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:56pm On Mar 30
hasbunallah:

So what route is best now pls. For someone with vv . I heard study is hard too now and even expensive sef. What other way to stay in Canada.

Express entry route is the best way....

Any other? Na ON GOD!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:56pm On Mar 30
[quote author=Ajalalomo post=129188821]

Ok
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:02pm On Mar 30
Pelaiye2703:
Good evening to you all,

I am a silent follower please I'd like to know the exact email the status of your ongoing application would be sent to. Is it the confirmation email they sent the acknowledgment receipt to after Biometric, or the one being used when registration? I have access to the email, Application number, and UCI number but don't know the password used during the registration.
I have been trying to track the status of my application to no avail. I did my Biometrics in early January. I look forward to a reply from anyone here.
Regards

The email you used for the application.

You can use this link to track your application

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 11:02pm On Mar 30
hasbunallah:

Study is now hard and will even get harder because the minister announced earlier in the week that theyā€™re taking just 5% of what they usually take from summer but itā€™s like theyā€™ve started now because na so so refusal I don dey see. You know what 5% means compared to before because thatā€™s a huge cut.
Youā€™re a graduate why donā€™t you explore express entry? PNP learn French and the French draw scores have been very low lately signifying they want French speakers.
Evaluate your degree and take IELTS , tailor your work experience.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 11:03pm On Mar 30
oluayebenz:

Will they listen?
I donā€™t even preach to them anymore because Iā€™m tired of discouraging people from seeking asylum when several opportunities for legitimate relocation exist.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:10pm On Mar 30
Debbieeeeeee:

I donā€™t even preach to them anymore because Iā€™m tired of discouraging people from seeking asylum when several opportunities exist.

Truth šŸ’Æ

@bolded... several opportunities šŸ˜šŸ¤šŸ˜ where?

The only best route is EE and thats the only pathway I can advise people to explore

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:16pm On Mar 30
Ashirioluwa:

The email you used for the application.

You can use this link to track your application

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/
senior man thank you for the swift response, I tried creating a tracker account as a principal applicant, it's not going through even when I have the UCI and Application number.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 11:42pm On Mar 30
oluayebenz:

Truth šŸ’Æ

@bolded... several opportunities šŸ˜šŸ¤šŸ˜ where?

The only best route is EE and thats the only pathway I can advise people to explore

I meant there are several permanent residency pathways when I said several opportunities exist.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:49pm On Mar 30
Debbieeeeeee:

I meant there are several permanent residency pathways when I said several opportunities exist.

Truth...

Thanks for the clarification šŸ™‚

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 5:57am On Mar 31
Pelaiye2703:

senior man thank you for the swift response, I tried creating a tracker account as a principal applicant, it's not going through even when I have the UCI and Application number.

Which Mail did they send your biometric appointment letter to. Use the UCI as username and then pick a password of your choice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pelaiye2703(m): 7:04am On Mar 31
tblaze007:

Which Mail did they send your biometric appointment letter to. Use the UCI as username and then pick a password of your choice
My email address, I was trying to create a tracker account to no avail.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 1:38pm On Mar 31
Debbieeeeeee:

Study is now hard and will even get harder because the minister announced earlier in the week that theyā€™re taking just 5% of what they usually take from summer but itā€™s like theyā€™ve started now because na so so refusal I don dey see. You know what 5% means compared to before because thatā€™s a huge cut.
Youā€™re a graduate why donā€™t you explore express entry? PNP learn French and the French draw scores have been very low lately signifying they want French speakers.
Evaluate your degree and take IELTS , tailor your work experience.

I canā€™t do EE. I wanted something faster. I donā€™t want to sit for ielts, I donā€™t even have resources of it funding nor ready to study or practice anything English/French. Thanks for ur honest opinion. As hard as LMIA isā€¦ I hope it will favor me and come with ease for meā€¦.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 3:40pm On Mar 31
hasbunallah:

I canā€™t do EE. I wanted something faster. I donā€™t want to sit for ielts, I donā€™t even have resources of it funding nor ready to study or practice anything English/French. Thanks for ur honest opinion. As hard as LMIA isā€¦ I hope it will favor me and come with ease for meā€¦.
These days EE is fast, less than 6 months for some people even there was a 3 weeks 5 days approval last year on the EE thread.
I wish you all the best on what you eventually settle for and itā€™ll favour you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:48pm On Mar 31
hasbunallah:

You wanted something faster but you're avoiding EE. I know a lady with her husband who had their EE processed in less than 6 months last year. They don't even know anything called nairaland. Frankly speaking, learning French isn't hard. It will be a plus whenever you enter Canada. You'd be able to flow more easily, get jobs more easily as a bilingual person. You'd also be able to work in French territories as well, without barriers. Why not sign up with Babbel.com and thank me later.

I learned French using babbel. I've never attended any French class in my life and I can speak the language fluently anywhere I go today.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Princessmary203: 10:48pm On Mar 31
@OMEGA
Bro we don't know what happen to Canada applicants from uk ooo
since last year October biometric no update on the application portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayciekey: 8:12am On Apr 01
Hello everyone please i want to ask this. For someone applying for a VV as a tourist. Is it a must to book an hotel and submit in the visa application? I am showing POF thats more than enough for my trip (accommodation, travel, etc). Is it a must to book an hotel too?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 8:53am On Apr 01
jayciekey:
Hello everyone please i want to ask this. For someone applying for a VV as a tourist. Is it a must to book an hotel and submit in the visa application? I am showing POF thats more than enough for my trip (accommodation, travel, etc). Is it a must to book an hotel too?

Hotel reservation is one of the requirements, you can make a reservation without paying though. Some properties require payment on arrival.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayciekey: 9:24am On Apr 01
Hello thanks for your response. Please can you point me to properties or websites I can make reservations without paying?

donteebalo:

Hotel reservation is one of the requirements, you can make a reservation without paying though. Some properties require payment on arrival.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 9:39am On Apr 01
jayciekey:
Hello thanks for your response. Please can you point me to properties or websites I can make reservations without paying?

Booking dot come
Agoda dot come

Search for properties you can ā€˜pay at the propertyā€™ and ā€˜free cancellationā€™

Best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamDozzy(m): 10:31am On Apr 01
id4sho:

You can add to strengthen your application

Ok thanks,

Submitted March 12

Did Biometrics March 19

Request for passport April 1
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 10:37am On Apr 01
iamDozzy:

Ok thanks,

Submitted March 12

Did Biometrics March 19

Request for passport April 1

Congratulations, I see you man cheesy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 1:58pm On Apr 01
Debbieeeeeee:

These days EE is fast, less than 6 months for some people even there was a 3 weeks 5 days approval last year on the EE thread.
I wish you all the best on what you eventually settle for and itā€™ll favour you.

Thanks and God bless šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™ I have a pending vv appā€¦. If eventually I didnā€™t get PPR this week or decision denied. Will do EE. Biometrics October 30. Still nothingā€¦. It is wellā€¦.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01
hasbunallah:

Thanks and God bless šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™ I have a pending vv appā€¦. If eventually I didnā€™t get PPR this week or decision denied. Will do EE. Biometrics October 30. Still nothingā€¦. It is wellā€¦.

When did you submit application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vozkini(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01
Happy Easter to you all. Please help me. What's the best way of submitting passport to Canadian embassy. I applied through vfs online. Vfs Lagos. Please kindly advice. It's urgently neeeded
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dj4all: 9:47am On Apr 02
Adez1:

It will simply Carry the validity of your biometrics. That is, if you get a new 10 years Passport, ur visa will carry the validity of your biometrics, since it will obviously be less than 10 years. They simply pick the lowest validity btw the passport and biometrics at any point in time.
The visa gurus in d house knows better and can confirm this.

Hello amazing people in the House,
Something struck my attention here while reading through.

The last time I did biometric was 2015 when I was refused study permit visa on financial ground and travel history.

A. Here is my first question!
I am about to apply for Canada visit visa and my passport has 4 years validity, I also did biometric last, 9 years ago, does it mean that visa can only be approved for max 1 year of my biometric validity or 4 years of my passport validity??

Pls gurus in the house, I need your enlightenment on this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 10:33am On Apr 02
U simply have to pay for another biometrics and do another one
Dj4all:

Hello amazing people in the House,
Something struck my attention here while reading through.

The last time I did biometric was 2015 when I was refused study permit visa on financial ground and travel history.

A. Here is my first question!
I am about to apply for Canada visit visa and my passport has 4 years validity, I also did biometric last, 9 years ago, does it mean that visa can only be approved for max 1 year of my biometric validity or 4 years of my passport validity??

Pls gurus in the house, I need your enlightenment on this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1106) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: cfcchick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.