Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,871 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307674 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jawa:

Hi, the refusal letter already says a lot. The VO wants to know why you are visiting Canada. Apparently, s/he wasn’t convinced. Once again, if a whole family is embarking on a holiday, it concerns a VO why this trip must be to canada and not somewhere else so the onus is then greater on the applicats to convince a VO.
First, your child is a US citizen and doesn’t need a visa to go to canada. The VO knows this and the burden on you then becomes greater. If you travel with your husband and child, what is there to come back to really. If the visa is issued, things can be sold. Understand that a lot of people apply for PR via express entry from Nigeria and the VOs see the trends. They see people with so many belongings here migrating so it would be wise that in your next application, after reviewing and addressing GCMS concerns, to mention the immigration schemes and point out that you are not interested in them and use your landed properties and maybe second family to attach yourself more. Honestly, your documents look ok but I’m not a VO and these Canadian VOs are trained to see through an application without sighting an applicant.
Secondly, I’m not sure the applying alone route is advisable but I guess you can try. You already filled a family IMM form and your husband and child are contained there. The VOs have documentation already of your family so if you apply alone, even if it’s issued by the time your husband applies, it may then be refused because the VO will clearly see what you’re trying to do. Anyway, follow your heart but first obtain and review your gcms notes. Best of luck

Thank you so much for your detailed response.
Pls how do we apply for the gcms note?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
It seems this Canadian embassy don't follow their time frame of processing...Submitted online application 5th July 2017 and did biometrics 13th July and i am reading of people who submitted August 5th being answered.Still wondering what they jump dates.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 2:36am On Oct 03, 2017
gentleiphy:
It seems this Canadian embassy don't follow their time frame of processing...Submitted online application 5th July 2017 and did biometrics 13th July and i am reading of people who submitted August 5th being answered.Still wondering what they jump dates.
I applied online June 16th,biometric June 30th, yet no update.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2017
Travelpes:
https://www.nairaland.com/overlord77/posts

@Travelpes, thanks for your time. However, I was thinking you'd help me with a link directly to the page of the particular overlord77 post you made reference to. I checked the profile and overlord77 has about 479 posts. I don't know which one in particular you were referring to, so its difficult. Also, if I'm not asking for too much, I'd like to be able to reach you to ask some basic questions since we have a similar profile. My visa is yet to expire but I'm planning to renew it before the expiry.

So, if its not too much to ask, pls drop me a line to manlikegb@gmail.com

And if otherwise, I understand. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:49am On Oct 03, 2017
overlord77:

See my responses in red above

July 31, page 144 @manlikegb, I believe that post is the much @Travelpes is pointing you too. Anyways, not a bad deal if you dig deep on Overlord's posts, at least your research has been narrowed to a particular moniker. Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seun4FastLoans(f): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2017
gentleiphy:

Maybe you should count 7 weeks from the day you did biometrics which is 13th July. I submitted on 7th Aug and did biometrics same day. I was called on 29th Sept
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madcow(m): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Seun4FastLoans:

Maybe you should count 7 weeks from the day you did biometrics which is 13th July. I submitted on 7th Aug and did biometrics same day. I was called on 29th Sept

I submitted on the 1st of July (online) completed my biometrics on the 3rd... been prayerfully waiting since then...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Epoh4: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hi Everyone,

ICC has finally responded. I applied to visit my sister who has just put to bed. I was refused based on grounds of assurance that i would return considering my purpose of travel.
I submitted a leave letter from my office tho (been working for two years) as a proof that I have a job here and i will return.
I'm reapplying now and I just saw that the examples of documents stated under purpose of travel are;
Return flight ticket
Travel Itinerary; hotel bookings and
Medical appointment letter
I didn't include any of these in my initial application.
I'ld like to know if it's not a sign of desperacy to purchase the return ticket as that is the only option that applies to me here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
Epoh4:
Hi Everyone,

ICC has finally responded. I applied to visit my sister who has just put to bed. I was refused based on grounds of assurance that i would return considering my purpose of travel.
I submitted a leave letter from my office tho (been working for two years) as a proof that I have a job here and i will return.
I'm reapplying now and I just saw that the examples of documents stated under purpose of travel are;
Return flight ticket
Travel Itinerary; hotel bookings and
Medical appointment letter
I didn't include any of these in my initial application.
I'ld like to know if it's not a sign of desperacy to purchase the return ticket as that is the only option that applies to me here.

Yes, it's a sign of desperation. You are not to PURCHASE, rather, RESERVE....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Devaughn: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Devaughn post=60495707][/quote]

Hi, jawa and everyone in the house.

This is the letter i sent to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Additional information for my visa application (V31xxxxc), UCI-939xxxxxx

Above subject refers:

I wish to refer to my Canadian visa application form, Background Information Section: Question 2b. In response to the question “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?” I answered “YES” and gave reason as “MY APPLICATION WAS REFUSED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS”.
I will like to give more detailed information about the denials and hereby request that same be considered as part of my application. I forgot to add this detail when submitting my application online. Below are the countries I have applied to, dates and the details of the denials.

1. CANADA (UCI-93xxxc) Application No.: V3072xxxx
My first application to the Canadian High Commission, Nigeria; was on the 12/07/2015. The application was denied.
Reason for Denial: Travel history, Purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status (Copy of denial letter attached and marked “Canada-Refusal Doc”)

2. UNITED KINGDOM (Post Reference: ABUJA/955751)
· My first visa application to the UK was denied on the 30/07/2013
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc1”)

· My second application to the UK was denied on the 05/08/2014
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc2”)

· My third application to the UK was denied on the 15/02/2016
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc3”)
Meanwhile, my fourth and fifth applications were granted and I was issued 6 and 24 months respectively. I have attached copies of the UK and French visas to my online Canadian visa application.

3. UNITED STATES of AMERICA

My applications to the US embassy, Abuja; were denied. I put in the applications on 2015, 2015 and 2017. All the applications were refused due to insufficient documents according to the Visa officer. I have also attached a copy of the refusal notices and marked same for the various applications.
With hope that you will consider the above information as part of my application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
Seun4FastLoans:

Even at that if you consider 7 weeks from 13th of July its still did not add up tho their reason for delay..travel date has come and gone which was 1st october as per flight reservations.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dyonpoint: 12:28am On Oct 04, 2017
Hello house,
I just got married 2 weeks ago and i wish to travel to Canada for honeymoon. it is obvious i will apply for a visitor visa. Please, what documents do i need to back up my application and how to go about the application?

NB; Please note that i do not have anyone in canada that can give me an invitation letter. I am self-employed and i have my company CAC cert., land doc., enough money to cover the trip and other docs to show we are both legally married. I have a previous travel history to Dubai but my wife has none.

Await you guys guide. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tweesy: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2017
This mail is very ok and explanatory.
Hope you got an acknowledgment mail afterwards?

And when did you submit your application?

Devaughn:

Hi, jawa and everyone in the house.

This is the letter i sent to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Additional information for my visa application (V31xxxxc), UCI-939xxxxxx

Above subject refers:

I wish to refer to my Canadian visa application form, Background Information Section: Question 2b. In response to the question “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?” I answered “YES” and gave reason as “MY APPLICATION WAS REFUSED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS”.
I will like to give more detailed information about the denials and hereby request that same be considered as part of my application. I forgot to add this detail when submitting my application online. Below are the countries I have applied to, dates and the details of the denials.

1. CANADA (UCI-93xxxc) Application No.: V3072xxxx
My first application to the Canadian High Commission, Nigeria; was on the 12/07/2015. The application was denied.
Reason for Denial: Travel history, Purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status (Copy of denial letter attached and marked “Canada-Refusal Doc”)

2. UNITED KINGDOM (Post Reference: ABUJA/955751)
· My first visa application to the UK was denied on the 30/07/2013
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc1”)

· My second application to the UK was denied on the 05/08/2014
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc2”)

· My third application to the UK was denied on the 15/02/2016
Reason for Refusal: (Copy of refusal letter attached and marked “UK-Refusal Doc3”)
Meanwhile, my fourth and fifth applications were granted and I was issued 6 and 24 months respectively. I have attached copies of the UK and French visas to my online Canadian visa application.

3. UNITED STATES of AMERICA

My applications to the US embassy, Abuja; were denied. I put in the applications on 2015, 2015 and 2017. All the applications were refused due to insufficient documents according to the Visa officer. I have also attached a copy of the refusal notices and marked same for the various applications.
With hope that you will consider the above information as part of my application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Devaughn: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
Tweesy:
This mail is very ok and explanatory.
Hope you got an acknowledgment mail afterwards?

And when did you submit your application?

I submitted on 26th of June
This was the reply i got from them..

"We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message. "
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ugoiyke79e: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
awelekiti:
Wow! Thanks for this info. I'd give ET. a try in July and wouldn't hesitate to share my experience here upon return. Cheers

Hello sir, kindly come do as promised.....I'd love to read your detailed analysis of the ET experience.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2017
GOOD EVENING GREAT PEOPLE, PLEASE HOW MUCH IS CANADA VISITING VISA FEE?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 12:13am On Oct 05, 2017
The Minister of Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada, Minister Ahmed Hussen, just announced that effective October 11, 2017, the following changes to Bill C-6 will come into force:

1. Permanent residents of Canada physically present in Canada will be able to apply for Citizenship 3 years within the past 5 years, effective October 11, 2017.
2. Permanent resident of Canada can be free to travel outside Canada for work, study and family and still be able to apply for citizenship. The 180days rule is eliminated.
3. The number of days spent in Canada prior to becoming a permanent resident such as an international student, temporary worker, visitor and protected person, will be taken into consideration as half a day for the calculation of physical presence in Canada.
Take note: only 2 years prior to becoming a permanent resident is taken into consideration and each day is counted as half a day.
4. Age range for citizenship test and language test is also revised. Dependent children under 18 will no longer be required to take the language test and adults over 54 will no longer be required to take the test.
5. Canadian income tax must be filed for 3 years within the last 5 years to match the physical presence requirement.

According to the Minister, “unnecessary barriers preventing permanent residents from becoming citizens are being removed. Immigrants are important in our country and this is important to us as Government.”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dyonpoint: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2017
dyonpoint:
Hello house,
I just got married 2 weeks ago and i wish to travel to Canada for honeymoon. it is obvious i will apply for a visitor visa. Please, what documents do i need to back up my application and how to go about the application?

NB; Please note that i do not have anyone in canada that can give me an invitation letter. I am self-employed and i have my company CAC cert., land doc., enough money to cover the trip and other docs to show we are both legally married. I have a previous travel history to Dubai but my wife has none.

Await you guys guide. Thanks.

Please someone help me out here.... Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
You got married two weeks ago and you want to go for honeymoon. Canadian visa can take up to 4 months sometimes. I thought honeymoon ought to be immediately after marriage. Your intention may be misconstrued.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chijosee(m): 2:35am On Oct 06, 2017
I need a help on how my cousin can invite my family (me,my wife and my two kids)for a vacation this xmas. She is wiling to do so with her husband but wants me to find out what more she needs to do. She has not invited someone before thus she needs to know how she can invite me. I believe there profile is rich and both of them moved from Oman to Canada as a senior managers in shell.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
chijosee:
I need a help on how my cousin can invite my family (me,my wife and my two kids)for a vacation this xmas. She is wiling to do so with her husband but wants me to find out what more she needs to do. She has not invited someone before thus she needs to know how she can invite me. I believe there profile is rich and both of them moved from Oman to Canada as a senior managers in shell.
The VO would be more interested in your ties here in Nigeria: What do you do for a living? How much do you make? What are your responsibilities? Can you afford the trip? Is the trip necessary considering your financial status and economic background?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
dyonpoint:

Please someone help me out here.... Thanks.
What if the visa processing takes 4 months? Would you still be able to go on your honeymoon?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Matanna: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hello all I want to say a big thank you to all those that have contributed in one way or the other on this thread. I've applied twice previously for a trv and was refused both times. The last application before this third time was in Nov 2016. Anyway I decided to reapply again on the 19th of Sept and did bio on the 20th of Sept.. on the 24th of September I was asked for additional docs ( children's birth certificate ). I submitted this on the 27th of Sept. To God be the glory on the 5th of October I got passport request for myself,spouse and 2 kids.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LifeIsGuhd(f): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
Matanna:
Hello all I want to say a big thank you to all those that have contributed in one way or the other on this thread. I've applied twice previously for a trv and was refused both times. The last application before this third time was in Nov 2016. Anyway I decided to reapply again on the 19th of Sept and did bio on the 20th of Sept.. on the 24th of September I was asked for additional docs ( children's birth certificate ). I submitted this on the 27th of Sept. To God be the glory on the 5th of October I got passport request for myself,spouse and 2 kids.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Matanna:
I love good news.. Congratulations Sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Congrats.
Matanna:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Matanna: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thank you all, to God be the glory
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Next01:
I love good news.. Congratulations Sir

Sorry Bro, you got Passport request for yourself mean visa is approved? I don't understand ni oo.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
kaffy4tope:

Sorry Bro, you got Passport request for yourself mean visa is approved? I don't understand ni oo.
Yes... Getting a passport request (online application) means your visa is approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
Matanna:

Congrats..this is formular one speed..just less than two weeks from start to finish.You are lucky fellow,we have been on the wait for almost 90days now...still counting days with the embassy.I wonder what criteria they use in attending to people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Confirm4real(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.