Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2306910 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 9:10am On Sep 24, 2017
Dear all,I did submitted and did biometrics last week Tuesday and got a message of original passport last night.What am I expected to do.I applied online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2017
Travelpes:
Dear all,I did submitted and did biometrics last week Tuesday and got a message of original passport last night.What am I expected to do.I applied online.

Wow! Online and a week? I'm sorry I am new and can't advise you but could you please show us the message you got? Mask private details. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Travelpes:
Original passport for what ... Give a little more insight, this way we will know exactly what situation this is... I mean share more details from the content of d mail.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bgleo2002: 1:36am On Sep 25, 2017
Ah! You got a message last night? On a Saturday? I actually thought they don't work weekends. Please share more details
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bgleo2002: 1:37am On Sep 25, 2017
Travelpes:
Ah! You got a message last night? On a Saturday? I actually thought they don't work weekends. Please share more details
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
I am PR of Canada, I invited my younger sister. Her TRV was approved today at 7am Nigerian time. Hope this helps someone. The documents listed below are all she included, nothing more, nothing less.

Online Application Sent = June 14th, 2017
Bio-metrics Done = June 16th, 2017
Passport Request = September 26, 2017
Applicant Age = 25yrs
Applicant Marital Status = Single
Visa's on Passport prior to application = USA, India, South Africa & Dubai.
Visa denials prior to application = Denied Schenghen Visa 4 times. This was discussed on the application form

Documents Submitted
1) Employment letter from Company (Worked same company for 4yrs)
2) Paystub for 6months (Monthly salary of 190,000 naira)
3) Current Account statement for 6 months (Balance of 10,000 naira. I submitted this sothat the VO can see the salary inflow)
4) Savings account statement (Balance of 1.9m naira)
5) Letter of invitation from me (I told the Visa Officer that she will be passing through America before coming to Canada and she will be solely responsible for her expenses)
6) Copy of my PR Card
7) Detailed itinerary discussing where I plan on taking her to when she arrives. I also booked hotel accommodation in 2 of the resorts we plan on visiting.

I only sent one application status/update email to lagos embassy and they responded that they don't handle visa and advised that I contact Accra. In annoyance, I sent an email to Accra, with the title: "Disappointed Client- Ridiculous" and cc'd Minister Hussen Ahmed (Honorable Mister of IRCC) - The email was sent on Friday Sept 22.

Hope the timeline helps someone.

Good luck guys.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Will share details. Have submitted passport and awaiting response.
bgleo2002:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
mevisbleek:
I am PR of Canada, I invited my younger sister. Her TRV was approved today at 7am Nigerian time. Hope this helps someone. The documents listed below are all she included, nothing more, nothing less.

Online Application Sent = June 14th, 2017
Bio-metrics Done = June 16th, 2017
Passport Request = September 26, 2017
Applicant Age = 25yrs
Applicant Marital Status = Single
Visa's on Passport prior to application = USA, India, South Africa & Dubai.
Visa denials prior to application = Denied Schenghen Visa 4 times. This was discussed on the application form

Documents Submitted
1) Employment letter from Company (Worked same company for 4yrs)
2) Paystub for 6months (Monthly salary of 190,000 naira)
3) Current Account statement for 6 months (Balance of 10,000 naira. I submitted this sothat the VO can see the salary inflow)
4) Savings account statement (Balance of 1.9m naira)
5) Letter of invitation from me (I told the Visa Officer that she will be passing through America before coming to Canada and she will be solely responsible for her expenses)
6) Copy of my PR Card
7) Detailed itinerary discussing where I plan on taking her to when she arrives. I also booked hotel accommodation in 2 of the resorts we plan on visiting.

I only sent one application status/update email to lagos embassy and they responded that they don't handle visa and advised that I contact Accra. In annoyance, I sent an email to Accra, with the title: "Disappointed Client- Ridiculous" and cc'd Minister Hussen Ahmed (Honorable Mister of IRCC) - The email was sent on Friday Sept 22.

Hope the timeline helps someone.

Good luck guys.

Congrats to your lil sister...please if you care to share..what was the reason for the email to accra with the "Disappointed Client- Ridiculous"?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
gentleiphy:

Congrats to your lil sister...please if you care to share..what was the reason for the email to accra with the "Disappointed Client- Ridiculous"?

Reason for the email to Accra is that I see no reason why a mere TRV would take 99 days. They talk about first come first serve but I am not sure that its a true statement because some people who applied a couple of weeks after her had already gotten a response from the VO. As such, as a customer, I am disappointed at their level of service and processing timeline.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scaezar: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
mevisbleek:

Reason for the email to Accra is that I see no reason why a mere TRV would take 99 days. They talk about first come first serve but I am not sure that its a true statement because some people who applied a couple of weeks after her had already gotten a response from the VO. As such, as a customer, I am disappointed at their level of service and processing timeline.

Please whats the email adress you sent to?

Applied online on june 26th and i still got nothing. But something bothers me. When i check my status online.. On biometrics, its says theyve not received my fingerprints. Someone said its nothing to worry about that they just didnt update it online..anybody gone through this same thing? Any idea? Advice? Maybe this is whats delaying the visa processing? Btw i did the biometrics 2weeks after i submitted online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
scaezar:

Applied online on june 26th and i still got nothing. But something bothers me. When i check my status online.. On biometrics, its says theyve not received my fingerprints. Someone said its nothing to worry about that they just didnt update it online..anybody gone through this same thing? Any idea? Advice? Maybe this is whats delaying the visa processing? Btw i did the biometrics 2weeks after i submitted online

Here you go:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
mevisbleek:

Nice one..learnt something again
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pappy0080: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

This forum is very helpful when it comes to Canada Visa Application. I have applied for TRV with my family before but got denied and I plan to reapply again after addressing GCMS notes reasons for refusal. This time, I would like to apply using the online platform due to upcoming travel plan. I don't know if it is possible for me to apply together with my family as a single application online? The online medium states one application per person and I am worried that our case may not be treated together by the VO at the same time. I need advise on how to submit family application package using the online medium. I would also like to know if it's only paper route that support family application submission in a single package.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Smile4mee01: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Smile4mee01:
I must say, it's looking tougher by the day to get into canada.

Apologies if my question is off point. But I am just a little worried

I have been waiting for admission into university in canada for months now. I am thinking is it possible to get a Canada tourist visa, get in there and convert it to Study VISA. This is because it does take a long time to get visa approved from nigeria. I hear a decision on one's application is reached within days abroad. Why is Nigeria so different?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 2:56am On Sep 27, 2017
I think both support. The key diff BTW paper and online is passport submission while application process is ongoing.

quote author=pappy0080 post=60863410]Hello everyone,

This forum is very helpful when it comes to Canada Visa Application. I have applied for TRV with my family before but got denied and I plan to reapply again after addressing GCMS notes reasons for refusal. This time, I would like to apply using the online platform due to upcoming travel plan. I don't know if it is possible for me to apply together with my family as a single application online? The online medium states one application per person and I am worried that our case may not be treated together by the VO at the same time. I need advise on how to submit family application package using the online medium. I would also like to know if it's only paper route that support family application submission in a single package.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 4:40am On Sep 27, 2017
@ the bolded,it is possible. When you complete the questionnaire in the online application,it will ask questions about family members who will be travelling with you.based on the answers provided,your profile will include family member(s) whose information you provided during the questionnaire.
BYACHEM:
I think both support. The key diff BTW paper and online is passport submission while application process is ongoing.

quote author=pappy0080 post=60863410]Hello everyone,

This forum is very helpful when it comes to Canada Visa Application. I have applied for TRV with my family before but got denied and I plan to reapply again after addressing GCMS notes reasons for refusal. This time, I would like to apply using the online platform due to upcoming travel plan. I don't know if it is possible for me to apply together with my family as a single application online? The online medium states one application per person and I am worried that our case may not be treated together by the VO at the same time. I need advise on how to submit family application package using the online medium. I would also like to know if it's only paper route that support family application submission in a single package.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
My family was refused today after 95 days.

Reasons for the 3 of us(me, wife and daughter were same as below:

1. Travel history
2. Purpose of visit
3. Lack of previous joint family travel

1. I have travelled alone to the UK about 6 times. Also to Canada(attended workshop for one week and returned) UAE, Turkey, India, South Africa, Kenya.

2. The family wanted to visit my wife's brother and his wife in Toronto for two weeks.

3. I have travelled together with my wife to the UK 3 times and to Turkey and Dubai together. But we have not travelled with our daughter before.

I provided all necessary documents to prove that we will return to Ghana. I am a head of department with good salary and 10 years working in the same company. My wife is a teacher and daughter is a pupil in class one.

My questions:
1. How do I address the refusal reasons?
Travel history: We have never violated any visit and have not spent more than a week outside Ghana. How do I address this reason?

2. Purpose. I included detailed itinerary for each day and where we would be staying. We are staying with her brother's family except two days where we will travel to Montreal and stay in a hotel. We provided bookings for this. We also stated we would take the opportunity to celebrate or 10th wedding Anniversary.

3. Lack of previous joint family visit. Do we have to travel together, the 3 of us to some country before we apply again to Canada?

Please help. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
This is quite unfortunate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
You can request for my gcms note for more details of the reasons for refusal.

nampofo:

1. Travel history
2. Purpose of visit

1. I have travelled alone to the UK about 6 times. Also to Canada(attended workshop for one week and returned) UAE, Turkey, India, South Africa, Kenya.

2. The family wanted to visit my wife's brother and his wife in Toronto for two weeks.

3. I have travelled together with my wife to the UK 3 times and to Turkey and Dubai together. But we have not travelled with our daughter before.

I provided all necessary documents to prove that we will return to Ghana. I am a head of department with good salary and 10 years working in the same company. My wife is a teacher and daughter is a pupil in class one.

My questions:
Travel history: We have never violated any visit and have not spent more than a week outside Ghana. How do I address this reason?

2. Purpose. I included detailed itinerary for each day and where we would be staying. We are staying with her brother's family except two days where we will travel to Montreal and stay in a hotel. We provided bookings for this. We also stated we would take the opportunity to celebrate or 10th wedding Anniversary.

3. Lack of previous joint family visit. Do we have to travel together, the 3 of us to some country before we apply again to Canada?

Please help. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kirikiri100: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
nampofo:

1. Travel history
2. Purpose of visit

My questions:

Please help. Thanks.

Sorry for the refusal, are you a Ghanaian? Did you apply online?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yes I am a Ghanaian and I applied online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
mevisbleek:

Dear mevisbleek, congrats on your sister’s TRV approval. Its always a good feeling.
My concern is why you sent the mail to the accra visa office. There is a processing timeline given for ‘most’ applications not all for guidelines meaning that some will be faster and some will take way longer. People from Nigeria, India and Pakistan have applied for a Canadian visa with invitation from a native canadian citizen and it was refused because the assessing VO was not satisfied with the applicants circumstances back home and the citizen can do nothing about it. In my opinion, if they were not professionals, your email would have caused problems for your sister. A visa application is a request to visit another man’s land and its best to let them do their business. Your sisters application was not approved because of your email or because you’re a PR, it was approved because the VO was satisfied about her circumstances in Nigeria. This is a first come first served process unless document verification takes time. Be patient with these guys, it’s always best.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
scaezar:

Hi scaezar, be patient your application will come back to you soon. Don’t send emails to the visa office telling them you’re disappointed. Its not a good idea. If you have done your biometrics, it should reflect after some time. Maybe raise a CSE in this regard. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
nampofo:

1. Travel history
2. Purpose of visit

My questions:

Please help. Thanks.

Dear nampofo, sorry for this refusal. only God knows how these VOs are trained and what they look out for completely because this looks good to me assuming every document backing the application is verifiable. Please do apply for your GCMS notes as advised to understand this refusal in full as the VOs are not bound to fully disclose refusal reasons initially. My guess however, is on the third reason. Obviously, the VO’s thought is that you plan to migrate with your family. Also, have you attempted to migrate to the UK, US, AUS, NZ before? Any of these may heave made the VO suspicious. Know that Canada, as part of security checks, has full access to first world countries immigration databases for reference ( read up the FCC conference and high value data sharing protocol).
Understand that this is a country that encourage immigration the right way. So once an entire family is making a trip and its not for residency, it raises concerns as to why it must be Canada. You have been to the U.K. severally you mentioned even with your wife but haven’t visited with your daughter. The VO will wonder why the family is not visiting U.K., or turkey that is cheaper and closer with far more historical places to see or dubai that is finest, cheapest and closest. Your case notes will go a long way to clarify things so please receive it before you reapply.
Alternatively, you may want to consider immigration. The Canadian PR through express entry is pretty straight forward. Head over to the thread here on nairaland to understand what it takes. Best of luck.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 11:38am On Sep 28, 2017
Thanks very much for your response. We have never tried migrating permanently to any country.

All we are interested in is to visit and return.

For now, we will consider applying after the GMCS Notes, without our daughter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good afternoon people. I heard some ppl saying Canadian visa has bin difficult to get recently and that one should hold on for a while if interested in applying for a tourist visa, pls how true is this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
If you can afford it and if you can show STRONG ties to Nigeria, you will get it. Nothing has changed.

Omodadi2:
Good afternoon people. I heard some ppl saying Canadian visa has bin difficult to get recently and that one should hold on for a while if interested in applying for a tourist visa, pls how true is this?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If you can afford it and if you can show STRONG ties to Nigeria, you will get it. Nothing has changed.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pappy0080: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I submitted an application via online route today and I got a letter via email stating that I should go for biometrics at the visa application centre. I would like to know if I can go to VFS tomorrow to get this completed or if there is an appointment to get this done. I am much familiar with the paper application which occur same day after submission of documents. I will appreciate any advise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
pappy0080:
Hi Everyone,

I submitted an application via online route today and I got a letter via email stating that I should go for biometrics at the visa application centre. I would like to know if I can go to VFS tomorrow to get this completed or if there is an appointment to get this done. I am much familiar with the paper application which occur same day after submission of documents. I will appreciate any advise.
Sure u can.. No appointment is needed for that, just go with the print out of the mail received n two clear photocopies of the front page of ur passport. That's all u need, u have 30 days to do that but with my little knowledge I would advice The earlier the better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Derende(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.