Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2313689 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1096) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

4 Anifowoshe St.,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

Thank you so much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oakville19: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please is it compulsory to include a ticket in the application....if not what alternative can I use
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
OmoBendel24:

No. The answer is YES! I filled out that form for my mum lately. What MizGene said up here is old school now, obsolete. That question used to have a 10 years clause attached to it, but it has been expunged, it covers all time from the past now methinks.

Well, well. This is a Canada visa thread, not that of the UK. So, let’s not derail the thread any further. We can take this matter to its real thread if there’s need at all to discuss further....
Alright. I will keep in touch
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
aye88:
Plesse who has any idea how one can send money to Canada

Hi,

Could you please inbox me if you are still interested in sending money to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeldamicheals: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2019
Good morning all, please, I am looking at applying for Canadian Visa. I and my kids have a good travel history and we have a valid US visa. My question is this. My husband has been denied Canadian Visa twice for conference. Part of the reason for denial is cos he doesn't have good travel history.
My question is if we should apply with him or should I apply with the kids only and leave him as tie at home.
Can both me and him sponsor the trip or I should sponsor alone.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unforsaken: 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have made frequent visits to this thread as a Guest. However, I felt that I should at least provide relevant information that may assist others towards proper preparation for TRV visit visa application for Canada and this may also work for other visit visas generally.

Firstly, I should state here that the information I will provide are purely based on my personal and professional experience, I am neither an Agent nor Immigration Consultant. This information is provided in good faith; kindly make your informed decision before applying same to your situation.

I was finally granted a Canada TRV visit (tourism) at the second attempt, just like some other people, I have travelled to many countries yearly, sometimes I make 2 to 3 tourism travels to countries in Africa, Europe, Middle East and North America, so when the plan to see Canada came, I felt this should be a walk over. However, I was shocked when I got a refusal based on purpose of visit. I reviewed my situation and immediately reapplied in less than 5 days of receipt of the refusal. I provided more documents showing past travels, finances, commitments in Nigeria and made a proper presentation of my travel plan. This worked, and I was issued the visa 25 days after reapplying.

I learnt some lessons and will like to share with others as a little contribution:

1. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY - Firstly, you have to be truthful to yourself, and let the truth reflect in your application. It does not matter if your application is later refused, at least you know that you are honest and this will make any follow up application to be consistent with prior information. Please note that there is nothing wrong in stating any past visa refusals if any, stating it gives you credibility as being honest, even the popular rich owner of an English football club was refused UK Visa recently. So do not see it as a negative, mention it and you may provide a brief explanation on the refusal and why your situation has changed.

2. VISIT VISA IS NOT THE BEST ROUTE TO REMAIN IN ANY COUNTRY - If your intention is to remain in any country, you should look at other visa categories and plan towards your eligibility. I have lived in a popular EU country before and I see the stress many go through and the uncertainties of time due to being illegal because they came in via visit visa and did not return. It is equally tedious to receive asylum through the visit visa route. So instead of wasting many years in uncertainty, it is advisable that anyone who intends to relocate should consider other categories and not visit visa. Except you want to go for visit and return, and then later apply for any other category.

3. PURPOSE OF VISIT - this is the most important aspect for eligibility. I usually say to people that to pass this test, it is advisable that you see yourself as an Immigration Officer say for Nigeria, so if you are to be at any Embassy of Nigeria or foreign mission and you have to decide who to issue a visit visa, would you not ask yourself, why does this person want to visit my country? Am I satisfied with the reason for the visit or could there be an undisclosed intention, such as going for a oil and gas transaction in the Niger Delta? This is just an example, so you want to be sure that if the person is coming for tourism, he is truly coming for that purpose, such person should provide details of the places or attractions he intends to visit including the highlights for picking such attractions or places; and if it is to visit friend or family, you want to be sure about the status of the friend or family and the reason why such visit is necessary.

4. PREVIOUS TRAVEL HISTORY - There is a popular saying that there is always a first time. So as much as travel history is one of the boxes to be ticked, it can be waived based on the discretion of the Officer as well as the significance of the purpose of visit, hence many people have received Canada, USA and other European countries visit visas on new passports. However, if you have not travelled to any country before and you firstly want to travel to Canada for tourism? I mean tourism and not a visit to a family! You too think about it now, Canada is at least a 18 hours journey from Nigeria and depending on your connecting or layover airport it could be more. So you left Europe which you can arrive within 6 hours and other close countries and you just want to visit Canada for tourism without any history of other similar journeys? It is advisable that you travel to other countries and build a profile that you can always refer to when you apply, for example in Year 20..., I or We visited France or United Kingdom for tourism and in this country I or We visited Eiffel tower or London eye as the case may be, this is just for example. If you are visiting friend or family you need to make the reason for visiting your contact realistic and believable. This is not cast in stone, each situation will have its peculiarities, for example a spouse may be issued visit visa to accompany his or her spouse who had previously been issued visa and has built a good profile. Also parents who have their children studying or living in Canada may also find it convenient to be granted visit visa for graduation purposes, marriage or other family reasons.

5. PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL STATUS - This is an aspect you have to show through your work, employment or sponsor. No country including Nigeria will want any person who cannot meet the financial implication of the cost of travel or stay to visit their country. So it is important that you have to show that you can meet your travel cost with verifiable and sustainable source of income. You do not have to show all your entire assets and investments to qualify, but you may show all if you are comfortable about it since some people believe this theory. However, the most important is to show sustainable and verifiable source of income or sponsorship. Documents to support assets or finances are endless and everyone's situation cannot be the same, but please ensure that you submit genuine and verifiable documents. Do not let anyone mislead you, the fact that someone got away with it does not guarantee that you may not be caught. Why sacrifice the right to keep reapplying as your situation may improve, in exchange for a 5 or 10 year ban as the case may be?

6. TIES TO HOME COUNTRY OR CONFIDENCE THAT THE APPLICANT WILL RETURN - This is another major hurdle that an Immigration Officer will want an Applicant to satisfy without any element of doubt and vagueness. This may be passed by clear explanation with evidence of home commitments, career, employment, investments if any, nuclear family, social responsibilities, previous travels, future plans etc.

It is advisable that you see the visa application as a job application, the slots are few but the people are many. So let your documents be clear, easy to understand, direct, verifiable, honest and straight to the point. The fact that you did not get it at the first try does not mean quit, take a calm reflection about the reason for the refusal, and look inward to see if you can address it immediately or if you need time to resolve it. Do not be angry when you see a refusal, just take up the challenge that there is something I need to do, then do it right.

Above all, after you have truthfully done all that is required, kindly commit your application to God, because God will do the rest for you after you have honestly done your own best.

I hope this will help someone may be now and in the future. ALL THE VERY BEST

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
Lovely writeup this will help a lot but ma I didn't reapply my refusal I intend to go. On Europe tour and thank God was granted. Visa so. I. Plan reapply my refusal as soon as I get back
unforsaken:
Hello Everyone,

I have made frequent visits to this thread as a Guest. However, I felt that I should at least provide relevant information that may assist others towards proper preparation for TRV visit visa application for Canada and this may also work for other visit visas generally.

Firstly, I should state here that the information I will provide are purely based on my personal and professional experience, I am neither an Agent nor Immigration Consultant. This information is provided in good faith; kindly make your informed decision before applying same to your situation.

I was finally granted a Canada TRV visit (tourism) at the second attempt, just like some other people, I have travelled to many countries yearly, sometimes I make 2 to 3 tourism travels to countries in Africa, Europe, Middle East and North America, so when the plan to see Canada came, I felt this should be a walk over. However, I was shocked when I got a refusal based on purpose of visit. I reviewed my situation and immediately reapplied in less than 5 days of receipt of the refusal. I provided more documents showing past travels, finances, commitments in Nigeria and made a proper presentation of my travel plan. This worked, and I was issued the visa 25 days after reapplying.

I learnt some lessons and will like to share with others as a little contribution:

1. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY - Firstly, you have to be truthful to yourself, and let the truth reflect in your application. It does not matter if your application is later refused, at least you know that you are honest and this will make any follow up application to be consistent with prior information. Please note that there is nothing wrong in stating any past visa refusals if any, stating it gives you credibility as being honest, even the popular rich owner of an English football club was refused UK Visa recently. So do not see it as a negative, mention it and you may provide a brief explanation on the refusal and why your situation has changed.

2. VISIT VISA IS NOT THE BEST ROUTE TO REMAIN IN ANY COUNTRY - If your intention is to remain in any country, you should look at other visa categories and plan towards your eligibility. I have lived in a popular EU country before and I see the stress many go through and the uncertainties of time due to being illegal because they came in via visit visa and did not return. It is equally tedious to receive asylum through the visit visa route. So instead of wasting many years in uncertainty, it is advisable that anyone who intends to relocate should consider other categories and not visit visa. Except you want to go for visit and return, and then later apply for any other category.

3. PURPOSE OF VISIT - this is the most important aspect for eligibility. I usually say to people that to pass this test, it is advisable that you see yourself as an Immigration Officer say for Nigeria, so if you are to be at any Embassy of Nigeria or foreign mission and you have to decide who to issue a visit visa, would you not ask yourself, why does this person want to visit my country? Am I satisfied with the reason for the visit or could there be an undisclosed intention, such as going for a oil and gas transaction in the Niger Delta? This is just an example, so you want to be sure that if the person is coming for tourism, he is truly coming for that purpose, such person should provide details of the places or attractions he intends to visit including the highlights for picking such attractions or places; and if it is to visit friend or family, you want to be sure about the status of the friend or family and the reason why such visit is necessary.

4. PREVIOUS TRAVEL HISTORY - There is a popular saying that there is always a first time. So as much as travel history is one of the boxes to be ticked, it can be waived based on the discretion of the Officer as well as the significance of the purpose of visit, hence many people have received Canada, USA and other European countries visit visas on new passports. However, if you have not travelled to any country before and you firstly want to travel to Canada for tourism? I mean tourism and not a visit to a family! You too think about it now, Canada is at least a 18 hours journey from Nigeria and depending on your connecting or layover airport it could be more. So you left Europe which you can arrive within 6 hours and other close countries and you just want to visit Canada for tourism without any history of other similar journeys? It is advisable that you travel to other countries and build a profile that you can always refer to when you apply, for example in Year 20..., I or We visited France or United Kingdom for tourism and in this country I or We visited Eiffel tower or London eye as the case may be, this is just for example. If you are visiting friend or family you need to make the reason for visiting your contact realistic and believable. This is not cast in stone, each situation will have its peculiarities, for example a spouse may be issued visit visa to accompany his or her spouse who had previously been issued visa and has built a good profile. Also parents who have their children studying or living in Canada may also find it convenient to be granted visit visa for graduation purposes, marriage or other family reasons.

5. PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL STATUS - This is an aspect you have to show through your work, employment or sponsor. No country including Nigeria will want any person who cannot meet the financial implication of the cost of travel or stay to visit their country. So it is important that you have to show that you can meet your travel cost with verifiable and sustainable source of income. You do not have to show all your entire assets and investments to qualify, but you may show all if you are comfortable about it since some people believe this theory. However, the most important is to show sustainable and verifiable source of income or sponsorship. Documents to support assets or finances are endless and everyone's situation cannot be the same, but please ensure that you submit genuine and verifiable documents. Do not let anyone mislead you, the fact that someone got away with it does not guarantee that you may not be caught. Why sacrifice the right to keep reapplying as your situation may improve, in exchange for a 5 or 10 year ban as the case may be?

6. TIES TO HOME COUNTRY OR CONFIDENCE THAT THE APPLICANT WILL RETURN - This is another major hurdle that an Immigration Officer will want an Applicant to satisfy without any element of doubt and vagueness. This may be passed by clear explanation with evidence of home commitments, career, employment, investments if any, nuclear family, social responsibilities, previous travels, future plans etc.

It is advisable that you see the visa application as a job application, the slots are few but the people are many. So let your documents be clear, easy to understand, direct, verifiable, honest and straight to the point. The fact that you did not get it at the first try does not mean quit, take a calm reflection about the reason for the refusal, and look inward to see if you can address it immediately or if you need time to resolve it. Do not be angry when you see a refusal, just take up the challenge that there is something I need to do, then do it right.

Above all, after you have truthfully done all that is required, kindly commit your application to God, because God will do the rest for you after you have honestly done your own best.

I hope this will help someone may be now and in the future. ALL THE VERY BEST

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maggiespecial(f): 10:18am On Apr 08, 2019
Good morning everyone
Please i want to ask a question

Like how many days / weeks does it take the embassy to call for PPR if approved after biometrics??

Thank you as I look forward to your swift response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 08, 2019
Please is nysc a military service ( Schedule 1 b IMM5257 )?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2019
when you collect it you will you cant know until you open it

holluwizzy:
Good afternoon Gud pple

I just received an email stating that my passport have been processed and is ready for collection but its not indicated if approved or not.

Please how do i know, bcoz i am so curious.

Response will be appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kezz15: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello, so I reapplied for trv after I was initially denied based on employment . In my second application I included my business and family businesses (I am a final year int’l medical student , so I only stated my student status in my first application).
This time I was denied based on family ties & financial assets whereas that wasn’t a reason in my previous application. (I am married with a kid, I submitted enough funds, I’m not convinced about the reason.
Anyways I’m more upset because i attended HS & university in Canada (6 years) and I left Afterwards.
Also I visited Canada like 3 years ago and came back.
Could it be that me being a doctor and Nigerian, they assume I want to run away? Lol.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:25am On Apr 09, 2019
Kezz15:

Hello, so I reapplied for trv after I was initially denied based on employment . In my second application I included my business and family businesses (I am a final year int’l medical student , so I only stated my student status in my first application).
This time I was denied based on family ties & financial assets whereas that wasn’t a reason in my previous application. (I am married with a kid, I submitted $30k usd and N10M). I’m not convinced about the reason.
Anyways I’m more upset because i attended HS & university in Canada (6 years) and I left Afterwards.
Also I visited Canada like 3 years ago and came back.
Could it be that me being a doctor and Nigerian, they assume I want to run away? Lol.

Are you serious with this denial shocked

Do you have any other travel history aside Canada?
Any landed properties?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kezz15: 3:13am On Apr 09, 2019
oluayebenz:

Are you serious with this denial shocked

Do you have any other travel history aside Canada?
Any landed properties?

Travel history: CANADA , USA( more than 10x like since I was a kid), FRANCE, UK (10 yers visa), CANCUN, ASIA (holiday), barabdos (vacation), Brazil (vacation),
Assets: I only put 1 Land but I added businesses (hotel buildings). And shares.

TBH I feel there is another factor that they aren’t mentioning. My siblings schooled and left Canada last year after graduation, Could it be that they’re still in the system and I’m not mentioning them?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kezz15: 3:19am On Apr 09, 2019
I’m so damn pissed, why would they assume I want to be an illegal immigrant, I qualify to even be a Canadian PR if I wanted to ( lived and work), + I’m in my 20s ( most of my friends with similar history are getting PR express approved).
I hate that they can’t even give me the benefit of doubt and assume I want to use the wrong application process to get back in.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juxen: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2019
Good morning

Please can anyone help with the process or email to send any omitted or additional documents while application is still in progress

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MT: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2019
Kezz15:
I’m so damn pissed, why would they assume I want to be an illegal immigrant, I qualify to even be a Canadian PR if I wanted to ( lived and work), + I’m in my 20s ( most of my friends with similar history are getting PR express approved).
I hate that they can’t even give me the benefit of doubt and assume I want to use the wrong application process to get back in.

You have every reason to be pissed. Even if you have not travelled to any other countries, I don't think that should have been an issue. Sometimes, you have this strong feeling that they sometimes don't look through the application and fail to determine each application on its merits like they claim. It's a frustrating experience for people. If I were you, I would forget about Canada and continue holidaying in countries that I have access to and try again sometimes in a forseeable future. Don't forget, any advice here is based on personal opinions and conjectures. No one is a Canadian Visa Officer on this platform. Even those that seem to have sharp knowledge of immigration on this platform can apply and be refused. Be very wise in how you manage your expectation and know that Nigeria is being viewed as a "high risk" country by most embassies. Based on what I have observed, I will continue to insist that getting a Canadian visa now (same applies to B1 US visa)) is realistically like playing lottery, no matter how hard you try.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2019
Kezz15:

Travel history: CANADA , USA( more than 10x like since I was a kid), FRANCE, UK (10 yers visa), CANCUN, ASIA (holiday), barabdos (vacation), Brazil (vacation),
Assets: I only put 1 Land but I added businesses (hotel buildings). And shares.

TBH I feel there is another factor that they aren’t mentioning. My siblings schooled and left Canada last year after graduation, Could it be that they’re still in the system and I’m not mentioning them?

Omg shocked
Denied this kind of profile. Canada sef.
The fact is nobody can say or know what actually cause this denial.
I will advice you apply for gcms note to know what actually happen.
Moreover do you stay longer after your graduation or you extend your permit after graduation?

Do you applied through online or paper route?
If paper route you should qualify for Can+
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kezz15: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2019
oluayebenz:

Omg shocked
Denied this kind of profile. Canada sef.
The fact is nobody can say or know what actually cause this denial.
I will advice you apply for gcms note to know what actually happen.
Moreover do you stay longer after your graduation or you extend your permit after graduation?

Do you applied through online or paper route?
If paper route you should qualify for Can+

I applied via online route.
As a student , I travelled home/USA every summer
I left right after my graduation. Did not apply for extension,
Got visitors visa, visited my siblings twice. My siblings graduated and left too.
(Just completed MD school in USA)

My parents and siblings all have current Canadian visa ( regretting why I didn’t apply with them for my brothers graduation, never knew Canada will deny me).

It’s really annoying to say the least.
So I can’t even visit my friends or attend reunions.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2019
@Kezz15

I will advice you apply for gcms note to know what actually happen. Something is fishing
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kezz15: 11:19am On Apr 09, 2019
jj17cv:
@Kezz15

I will advice you apply for gcms note to know what actually happen. Something is fishing

Thanks, I will do that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juxen: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Juxen:
Good morning

Please can anyone help with the process or email to send any omitted or additional documents while application is still in progress

Thank you

Please help please. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hayatou27: 11:46am On Apr 09, 2019
I am about to submit my application for TRV, but on the family Application form, i have a sister based in Canada, but we are not in talking terms for almost 2 years now, but i need to include her name and address in my family application, What should i do? i plan to omit her name from my application. is it a good move or not .

Gurus in the house, kindly advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2019
People should make effort to share visa application timelines, experience and final results whether it is positive or negative so others can learn.
This is my own experience

No visa application is guaranteed.
A visa is not a right but a privilege.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by joungblood(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
Hello please how do i get the visa requirements to visit Canada or if any reputable agent is here that can help me get visit visa or work or study in Canada.. I have my gf in Canada who wants me to come over, what documents do I need to get from her... Please any help would be greatly appreciated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juxen: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
hayatou27:
I am about to submit my application for TRV, but on the family Application form, i have a sister based in Canada, but we are not in talking terms for almost 2 years now, but i need to include her name and address in my family application, What should i do? i plan to omit her name from my application. is it a good move or not .

Gurus in the house, kindly advice

Do not omit her, cos she might have also listed you as a sibling when she was filing her records and CIC will interpret it in a different way.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juxen: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2019
Kezz15:

I applied via online route.
As a student , I travelled home/USA every summer
I left right after my graduation. Did not apply for extension,
Got visitors visa, visited my siblings twice. My siblings graduated and left too.
(Just completed MD school in USA)

My parents and siblings all have current Canadian visa ( regretting why I didn’t apply with them for my brothers graduation, never knew Canada will deny me).

It’s really annoying to say the least.
So I can’t even visit my friends or attend reunions.

My brother.

Reapply via paper route.
Tell them at VFS that u qualified for CAN+ submission.
Believe me your visa will be granted within a month.

Your application might be overlooked through online.
Canadian embassy are denying massively these days but with CAN+ your application will be well treated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1096) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: MyGodisAwesome, Nkaluu800(m), tayokem(m), tblaze007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.