Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2327835 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:15am On Apr 11, 2019
Maggiespecial:

Wow
So what do u suggest please
Which one should we apply for??

Your husband should apply alone if he can convince the ECO that he's travelling genuinely for tourism.
You has the wife can chill for now.

Or better still the family should go to France this year and later next year reapply to Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maggiespecial(f): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2019
oluayebenz:

Your husband should apply alone if he can convince the ECO that he's travelling genuinely for tourism.
You has the wife can chill for now.

Or better still the family should go to France this year and later next year reapply to Canada.

Hmmm
Wow
I think we will consider France ��
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
In response to your question:

jayfierce:
"I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you."

What do think that the visa officer was trying to say by the comment above?

Also, what do you do for a living if i might ask? Married? Why are you visiting Canada at this time? You've been to Europe three times this year within the space of two months and applied to Canada not too long after coming back. Did you travel for work?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
I have ordered GCMS note to get an accurate detailed reason why that statement was made.
Candybright:

The first reason they gave here about not answering question truthfully is what's catching my attention. It's a serious something. I think you should review your Application and see what this means or where you probably ommitted a vital question.
Did you mention any country that has ever refused you visa before? You have to reapply and clear this IMO
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
Why should I be ban just for reapplying for a visa? grin

oluayebenz:

That bolded statement is the main reason you are denied.

Can you tell us what u omitted?
Cos if you reapplied without figuring out what that is you might be ban
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good advice but I will not proceed until my GCMS note is ready.

hayatou27:
Try do online application and add more ties.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
You qualify for CAN+.

Kezz15:

Yea, I agree with you.
My Canadian experience & career choice (Dr) might be a disadvantage to me, since there are better career prospects I guess.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
UNITEDBRAND:

Sorry for that but for the whole family to be on vacation it's a red flag for not returning back to Nigeria. The family ties In Nigeria is zero which is not permitted for TRV

Why is traveling with the whole family a red flag? Is it an offense to travel as a family?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please do not let anybody confuse you here. Traveling as a family is not a red flag.

Provide as much supporting documents then reapply.

Maggiespecial:

Hmmm
Wow
I think we will consider France ��
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maggiespecial(f): 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
skdfu747:
Please do not let anybody confuse you here. Traveling as a family is not a red flag.

Provide as much supporting documents then reapply.

Thank you so much
Will do just that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
skdfu747:
In response to your question:

1. I have ordered GCMS note to get an accurate detail record of my visa application file.
2. There is no need to explain what I do for a living here.
3. Why am I visiting Canada at this time? That is a very strange question. I can decide to visit any country at any time.
4. The frequency of my movement within Europe or any part of the world has nothing to do with the outcome of my visa application.
5. I traveled for tourist purpose not for work.

I have seen GCMS notes where the Visa Officer wrote and I quote: " Applicant has no pressing need to visit Canada at this time". The Canadians DO NOT joke around with purpose of visit. Unfortunately most applicants assess their Canadian Visa applications with Europe's or other countries standard.

I asked about your job because it is possible the VO doesn't see it as a strong enough tie. Apologies if you are offended by the question.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kprake9: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
skdfu747:

False advice.

Why is traveling with the whole family a red flag? Is it an offense to travel as a family?

Guy, your response are forceful ooo. u dey vex? pls take it easy. it is well!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aresej: 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
Juxen:

Please any recent successful online application please help with the question

Hello Juxen,
As I understand,the transmission of passport is for when you are in a different location from where you did your biometrics and do it has to be taken there and also the sum of 10,120 for the courier of the passport to you. I did mine in Abuja but was in Lagos when I got my letter,so had to go to the vfs in Lagos and I was told I will have to pay the sum of 23k for both the transmission and the courier to wherever I am based.I did a quick calculation and sent a relation in Abuja my passport ordering him to take it to the vfs center there but I had to pay the sum of 10,120 for the passport to be sent back to him because according to him they don't give the passport to a 3rd party or an agent except you walk in yourself to collect your passport.I am still waiting for them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maggiespecial:

Thank you so much
Will do just that

When you fill the family information form you tick if your family is coming with you to Canada or not. They use this to factor in your family ties. Examples of ties are Family, gainful employment, assets, etc.

The absence of the family tie in Nigeria needs to be balanced by your other ties. If you dont have a family to return to albeit temporarily, then you should have stronger employment, financial or business tie.

Previous travels together as a family is something they also look at especially when you want to travel with the family.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by presidentpikin: 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
please House How soon will you get biometric instruction letter after applying for visitor visa online submission?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
skdfu747:
There is no disadvantage. Stop these assumptions.
You qualify for CAN+.
Apply using CAN+ instead.
Nobody is a certified or licensed Canadian immigration consultant here so do not be distracted by all the statements made on assumptions here.

CAN+ isn't fully functional in this country the last time I checked. CAN+ program skips financial documents and carries out expedited processing. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Visa is automatic.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juxen: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Aresej:

Hello Juxen,
As I understand,the transmission of passport is for when you are in a different location from where you did your biometrics and do it has to be taken there and also the sum of 10,120 for the courier of the passport to you. I did mine in Abuja but was in Lagos when I got my letter,so had to go to the vfs in Lagos and I was told I will have to pay the sum of 23k for both the transmission and the courier to wherever I am based.I did a quick calculation and sent a relation in Abuja my passport ordering him to take it to the vfs center there but I had to pay the sum of 10,120 for the passport to be sent back to him because according to him they don't give the passport to a 3rd party or an agent except you walk in yourself to collect your passport.I am still waiting for them.

Thanks for your response but in this case. Biometrics was done last year in Lagos but application was denial. She reapplied this year, and was granted. Sent in passport via courier with return envelope. Only for her to be asked to pay for passport transmission charges.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
grin No I was shocked by the statement.
I have never heard traveling as a family being a red flag.
I did not intend to be forceful in my response.

kprake9:

Guy, your response are forceful ooo. u dey vex? pls take it easy. it is well!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aresej: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
[quote author=Juxen post=77455573]

Thanks for your response but in this case. Biometrics was done last year in Lagos but application was denial. She reapplied this year, and was granted. Sent in passport via courier with return envelope. Only for her to be asked to pay for passport transmission charges.
If she has done biometrics before there is no need for her to do another one cos it’s for 10years!Where did she reapply this year? Is it Lagos or Abuja? If she is not in Lagos,she would have to pay for transmission of her passport to where her biometrics was done and that is Lagos!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
Yes I am aware that no visa application is automatic but the visa applicant is fully qualified for CAN +.
I see no reason why the visa applicant should not take advantage of a program introduced by the Canadian government.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=877&top=16

jayfierce:
CAN+ isn't fully functional in this country the last time I checked. CAN+ program skips financial documents and carries out expedited processing. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Visa is automatic.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
jayfierce:
I have seen GCMS notes where the Visa Officer wrote and I quote: " Applicant has no pressing need to visit Canada at this time". The Canadians DO NOT joke around with purpose of visit. Unfortunately most applicants assess their Canadian Visa applications with Europe's or other countries standard.

I asked about your job because it is possible the VO doesn't see it as a strong enough tie. Apologies if you are offended by the question.

grin No I am not offended.
I will handle my visa case based on the report on my GCMS note when it is ready.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bimsebony: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello Everyone,
please I just got a mail to submit my passport for the visiting visa stamping. I will like to know how long it will take to get the passport back at vfs.
Need the passport back asap for other commitments.
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juxen: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2019
[quote author=Aresej post=77457463][/quote]

Biometric was done in Lagos and passport was also sent to Lagos too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bimsebony:
Hello Everyone,
please I just got a mail to submit my passport for the visiting visa stamping. I will like to know how long it will take to get the passport back at vfs.
Need the passport back asap for other commitments.
Thanks
3 working days. When did u submit ur application and how long did it take them to request for ur passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bimsebony: 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
Menakay:

3 working days. When did u submit ur application and how long did it take them to request for ur passport?

Ok thanks.
Applied online on March 19th
Did Biometrics March 26th
Got letter to submit today April 11th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bimsebony:

Ok thanks.

Wow congratulations..do you have a USA Visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bimsebony: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Wow congratulations..do you have a USA Visa?

Yes I do

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lessonnn: 12:26am On Apr 12, 2019
Hello is it true you don’t need biometric for Canada after giving biometric last 3 years?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by UNITEDBRAND(m): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Lessonnn:
Hello is it true you don’t need biometric for Canada after giving biometric last 3 years?
Yes Sir You don't need until after 10 years

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maggiespecial(f): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2019
Bimsebony:

Ok thanks. Applied online on March 19th Did Biometrics March 26th Got letter to submit today April 11th
Congratulations Pls what are the documents you submitted during the application (TRV)?? How many of you are traveling?? I mean is it only you or together with your family?? Kindly state it here pls for the benefits of other people

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by raymege: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2019
Bimsebony:

Ok thanks.

Minimum 5 working days, not 3 days. Your Passport would likely not even leave VFS for the Visa Office till the next day

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by raymege: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2019
My Application Timeline

Online Application Submitted on the 6th of March,2019
Approved/Passport request Date : 29/03/2019.
Passport Submitted : 03/04/2019.
Passport Returned : 11/04/2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: affoncad, OTIK, lakeside3020(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.