Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2327215 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (1102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
lol, its startup visa dude.

Not as expensive as you think
First the fees for start up is $1,540. Then you will need to convince one or more designated investor(s) to invest a minimum of $75,000 to $200,000 in your business idea. You must have a registered business.

Next you will need to take a language test from an approved agency and meet the minimum language requirements.

Also, you need to have enough money to relocate to Canada. It is currently $12,669 for one person and an extra $3,414 for each family member.

You are basically going to go through processes involved in immigration.

This discussion actually belongs in the immigrant thread but as you can see it is not exactly a walk in the park.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ultimatezlant: 5:20am On Jul 01, 2019
NothingDoMe:
First the fees for start up is $1,540. Then you will need to convince one or more designated investor(s) to invest a minimum of $75,000 to $200,000 in your business idea. You must have a registered business.

Next you will need to take a language test from an approved agency and meet the minimum language requirements.

Also, you need to have enough money to relocate to Canada. It is currently $12,669 for one person and an extra $3,414 for each family member.

You are basically going to go through processes involved in immigration.

This discussion actually belongs in the immigrant thread but as you can see it is not exactly a walk in the park.

I know all these dude and meet requirement
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 7:53am On Jul 01, 2019
Good morning everyone, please is there anyone whose application has exceeded the processing time with no update? What steps have you taken so far?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vitrendy4eva: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2019
Can someone please respond to this?
vitrendy4eva:
Good day all. I've been reading from the beginning of this thread and I've gotten a lot of useful information so far. I have a question please: My family would be applying for a tourist visa, thinking of using the Abuja vfs office. Please whom do I address the letter of explanation to? I got the address of the canàdian high commission in Abuja, but I've also read mention of CIC here. A response will be much appreciated please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
Canada high commission of Abuja is ok to use
vitrendy4eva:
Can someone please respond to this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vitrendy4eva: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
Thanks.
oriazowan:
Canada high commission of Abuja is ok to use
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by judisco2019: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2019
Hello guys.

I was recently refused a study visa due to purpose of visit and home ties. Now I want to apply for a visit visa. I have a German citizen who is ready to send me invitation. I am not related to her. We met online and became tight friends and she wants me to visit her. In-fact she was the one that got me the admission which the study was refused. Any chances for me and how do I go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayne07(f): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2019
hello house, my entire family has just been denied a visit visa based on travel history and purpose of visit. the hotel reservation we did expired June 5th and we were denied June 19th. is it possible we book a new hotel reservation and reply them with it as a mail (not reapply). is this possible? and does anyone know how this can be done?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dedzstar789: 8:18am On Jul 02, 2019
Jayne07:
hello house, my entire family has just been denied a visit visa based on travel history and purpose of visit. the hotel reservation we did expired June 5th and we were denied June 19th. is it possible we book a new hotel reservation and reply them with it as a mail (not reapply). is this possible? and does anyone know how this can be done?

Highly doubt that will do anything. You’re going to have to reapply and show stronger ties. Maybe travel to other places first but rebooking your hotel won’t make them change their minds.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dedzstar789: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2019
judisco2019:
Hello guys.

I was recently refused a study visa due to purpose of visit and home ties. Now I want to apply for a visit visa. I have a German citizen who is ready to send me invitation. I am not related to her. We met online and became tight friends and she wants me to visit her. In-fact she was the one that got me the admission which the study was refused. Any chances for me and how do I go about it?

If I was a VISA officer, I would probably deny you right now because it seems like you’re just trying to get into Canada. I’d suggest you tidy up your application, apply for GCMS notes to understand why your study permit was denied. Show strong enough ties to Nigeria and that you will head back home and find a way to show legitimacy in your relationship with the person inviting you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2019
Jayne07:

Any travel history?

Hotel reservation has nothing to do......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2019
judisco2019:
Hello guys.

To be issued visit visa after study visa denied is not an easy task but nothing is impossible.

What are your home tie?
Travel history ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2019
Jayne07:

When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mitchelle1989(f): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2019
good morning all, please someone should please tell me how to add a document you forgot to add during your application. someone mentioned it sometime ago but I've been searching and cant find it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by IamR: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2019
Can a TRV be issued when the date of the conference my brother wants to attend remains 4 days or if it has passed can it still be approved? He reapplied on 16/05/2019, his application is still at background check for more than 6 weeks processing time? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XX01(f): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2019
Hello people, please i need information. You can even point me to the page on this thread.

I have received the passport request for my folks. How do they go about taking it to VFS? Do they need to pay money? Do they put in self addressed return envelopes? I'm a little confused on the next steps. It's Lagos VFS. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2019
XX01:
Hello people, please i need information. You can even point me to the page on this thread.

I have received the passport request for my folks. How do they go about taking it to VFS? Do they need to pay money? Do they put in self addressed return envelopes? I'm a little confused on the next steps. It's Lagos VFS. Thanks

When did you receive the request?
When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XX01(f): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2019
SimpleDimples:

When did you receive the request? Today
When did you apply? May 16.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teju2014: 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt it. I received my response yesterday and they denied us (myself and my mum) even though our application took 6weeks(online). The event we were to go for is this Saturday and was suppose to fly out yesterday. The only reason given for ours was them not sure we would leave Canada(Myself and My Mum). We submitted everything you could think of; properties documents,good Bank account, the invitee data page, utility bill all my education background in the UK, multiple visas on both passport. Bare in mind that, i am a professional with good pay too so why would i toss everything away to be illegal in Canada?? A country that with strong immigration policy? when i can easily slide to the US and plough it out eh?? smh

We are well traveled and my mum has been travelling since the 70s. i wonder why a Grandma who is in her mid sixties would want to leave her husband behind and all her properties to stay in Canada illegally. They purposely delayed the application so so would have a good ground for refusal. It seems to me they frown upon you attending events such as Wedding and Birthdays, PR is the only way now guys, longer process but sure to get it

I intend reapplying just to put them in their place, i honestly don't to give a monkeys about them...aside the short summer what is fantastic about their long cold winter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hotstepper(f): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
My dear sorry yo hear that. but u will be surprised that people even with good pay etc as u mentioned like ur sef do not go bk. I knoe prrsonally high top ppl in naija work forces who used to earn over 1M a month r here with their families as refugees nd these r people I know not hear say.

Nd u r better off in canada as illegal than the US

Teju2014:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt it. I received my response yesterday and they denied us (myself and my mum) even though our application took 6weeks(online). The event we were to go for is this Saturday and was suppose to fly out yesterday. The only reason given for ours was them not sure we would leave Canada(Myself and My Mum). We submitted everything you could think of; properties documents,good Bank account, the invitee data page, utility bill all my education background in the UK, multiple visas on both passport. Bare in mind that, i am a professional with good pay too so why would i toss everything away to be illegal in Canada?? A country that with strong immigration policy? when i can easily slide to the US and plough it out eh?? smh

We are well traveled and my mum has been travelling since the 70s. i wonder why a Grandma who is in her mid sixties would want to leave her husband behind and all her properties to stay in Canada illegally. They purposely delayed the application so so would have a good ground for refusal. It seems to me they frown upon you attending events such as Wedding and Birthdays, PR is the only way now guys, longer process but sure to get it

I intend reapplying just to put them in their place, i honestly don't to give a monkeys about them...aside the short summer what is fantastic about their long cold winter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
XX01:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
Teju2014:

What she just told you is fact. Even some people in the multinational oil companies have relocated their families with visit visas. This is a very embarrassing development.

If those in the top earning cadre in the country are perpetrating illegal immigration then it is way worse than I thought. It is a sickness. It's a sickness of the mind for someone who earns over 24m annually to turn his family to refugees or illegal immigrants.

I know a big boy in the oil multinational who we heard relocated his family to the US. We were just there brimming with jealousy only to hear that they were back. He said the US was too expensive but the real truth is his valid visa was cancelled and they were asked to leave.

As for the refusal I am sure they ticked something like purpose of travel, travel history or employment and financial status etc. I would advise that you get the GCMS notes for detailed information before reapplying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XX01(f): 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
SimpleDimples:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

Thanks. Can I ask you some questions from their page?

1. Do we need to submit self-return envelopes?
2. Will there be extra fees? The page is not really clear. I don't know if it's safe to assume that after the Biometrics fee there's no other fee involved?
3. Can someone hand in your passport for you? Let's say there are 2 in the application, can 1 person hand in passports for the 2?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
XX01:

2. Will there be extra fees? The page is not really clear. I don't know if it's safe to assume that after the Biometrics fee there's no other fee involved?
3. Can someone hand in your passport for you? Let's say there are 2 in the application, can 1 person hand in passports for the 2?

Thanks.

Hello dear, I really don't know how it works.

Kindly chat with their customer care rep via the online platform.

Does any one have an idea?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenshi26: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
oriazowan:
Good morning everyone, please is there anyone whose application has exceeded the processing time with no update? What steps have you taken so far?
Please I need answers too.. Since 14th of may no update since biometrics..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
Jayne07:

I have said it repeatedly: family visit visas will take the grace to be granted. I am not saying it's impossible. If you reapply again with hotel booking, nothing will change. they will give new generic reasons not mentioned before.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
Teju2014:

Unfortunately, this is the situation for many people even with everything you could think of. They gave people who have travelled extensively travel history as reason for denial. A GCMC note might help your case before reapplying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
XX01:

No confusion there; they should submit their passports for their visa at vfs office. No money is paid.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teju2014: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
I understand perfectly well you guys view. I was only reiterating their "Modus Operandi" Approval is by no means of good job/ salary ooo or travel history. I have known from time in memorial that Visa Approval is by luck and not based on facts..it merely on assumption. We currently have valid multiple visas.We included entry stamps and all but eh i guess that wasn't good enough. But i have applied for GMCS notes to know what exactly the issue is for future purpose. Not bothered the slightest.

All the best to those awaiting response! I pray your application doesn't get to London Office ooo. They take their bloody time and don't like when you follow up(typical British Attitude). They are ruthless and mean(lol).

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
Teju2014:
I understand perfectly well you guys view. I was only reiterating their "Modus Operandi" Approval is by no means of good job/ salary ooo or travel history. I have known from time in memorial that Visa Approval is by luck and not based on facts..it merely on assumption. We currently have valid multiple visas.We included entry stamps and all but eh i guess that wasn't good enough. But i have applied for GMCS notes to know what exactly the issue is for future purpose. Not bothered the slightest.

All the best to those awaiting response! I pray your application doesn't get to London Office ooo. They take their bloody time and don't like when you follow up(typical British Attitude). They are ruthless and mean(lol).

Even Abu Dhabi is worst. They hardly check anything from the different cases I have seen, from Nigerian applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
XX01:

Thanks.
You can request for home delivery and pay for it if you want them to return your passport after visa stamp

Yes one person can submit for all

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (1102) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ednut1(m), dgov(m), Mobil567, wencius4u and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.