Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,391 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2311717 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uglyaddy: 4:58am On Jun 25, 2019
SimpleDimples:

For Online application:
Principal applicant: CAD 100 = NGN 27500
Biometric each CAD 85 = NGN 23,375

Kindly confirm from the link below

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

Do kids below 12 years pay for Biometric?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LeInyiama: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2019
Dedzstar789:
Same to you! Got it last Thursday. Been a little busy that’s why I haven’t brought my long awaited story. Will do that later on.

Documents submitted

1. Travel history - US, UK, Canada (went to school there), Ukraine, South Africa, Dubai, The Bahamas, Schegen territories. Included every Visa I’ve ever gotten from student to visiting and every exit and entry stamp since my first passport as a child.
2. Company documents - All CAC forms which showed my name on it. I also included my parents companies as my name is on the documents as well.
3. Statement of account totalling about 4M (personal and my own company)
4. Letter from my bank stating I’m sole signatory to my company account
5. Tax clearance certificates - Personal and company
6. Proof of ongoing business - Invoices to my clients, recent invoices from my creditors, proof of payments etc
7. A family tree showing my relationship to my aunt who was inviting me to Canada
8. Two invitation letters - One from my aunt and the second from my friend who we went to school together with
9. Pre booked flight tickets (I used Visa Reservation dot com) it cost me $30 and the ticket remained valid throughout when my application was at the embassy.
10. Sponsorship letter from my dad who is paying for my trip. I also included his bank statements.
11. Evidence I went to school in Canada previously (to show that I truly wanted to visit old friends)

That’s about it.

Story loading.

Loaded

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lapa07: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2019
Is there anybody travelling to UNB for MBA this fall? Kindly inbox me cos I will be travelling too.

Dedzstar789:
Same to you! Got it last Thursday. Been a little busy that’s why I haven’t brought my long awaited story. Will do that later on.

Documents submitted

1. Travel history - US, UK, Canada (went to school there), Ukraine, South Africa, Dubai, The Bahamas, Schegen territories. Included every Visa I’ve ever gotten from student to visiting and every exit and entry stamp since my first passport as a child.
2. Company documents - All CAC forms which showed my name on it. I also included my parents companies as my name is on the documents as well.
3. Statement of account totalling about 4M (personal and my own company)
4. Letter from my bank stating I’m sole signatory to my company account
5. Tax clearance certificates - Personal and company
6. Proof of ongoing business - Invoices to my clients, recent invoices from my creditors, proof of payments etc
7. A family tree showing my relationship to my aunt who was inviting me to Canada
8. Two invitation letters - One from my aunt and the second from my friend who we went to school together with
9. Pre booked flight tickets (I used Visa Reservation dot com) it cost me $30 and the ticket remained valid throughout when my application was at the embassy.
10. Sponsorship letter from my dad who is paying for my trip. I also included his bank statements.
11. Evidence I went to school in Canada previously (to show that I truly wanted to visit old friends)

That’s about it.

Story loading.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LeInyiama: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2019
Dedzstar789:
Long Post Alert! Please excuse any grammatical errors.

I promised that I was going to tell you guys my story but decided to wait until I got into Canada! Because the way bad belle is set up ehn.. my testimony had to have been complete before I posted my story. Before I start, I must say mine is a story of grace and never giving up and knowing God almighty has my back and trusting in my faith. I have to say this because God is the only person that made this happen for me.

Anyways, from my last post you will see that I have what many call a great profile. I’ve been travelling abroad since I was inside my mother’s womb and am currently on my 6th or 7th passport. I have previous visas from major first world countries - The UK, US, Schegen territories and even went to boarding school in Canada. I have two degrees both of which were gotten from the UK. I’ve been to plenty countries including the UAE, South Africa, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Ukraine, Turkey, France, The Netherlands, Italy etc. I have my own business that’s doing okay (okay because na buhari economy we dey) and I have very capable sponsors as parents! My mum’s passport is a world map and my Father’s bank statements can carry me anywhere. So imagine my surprise that in February 2019 when I applied to visit Canada alongside my mum, I was denied based on financial assets and family ties in and out of Canada while my mum’s visa was granted. I was shocked to my bone marrow but my mum contacted someone who works at the Canadian high commission Lagos and he then explained that the mistake I made was use my father as my sponsor (apparently Canada frowns upon adults being sponsored by other adults unless it’s your spouse.. take note of this guys). I decided to immediately reapply and this time I over documented (check previous post for all documents I submitted). I was pretty confident at this point that I was going to get the VISA so imagine my shock once again when I was denied based on the same financial assets and family ties in and out of Canada. This time I was beyond angry! What more did these people want? I kept looking back at my life and started wondering when I started getting visa denials? Me? Then I started blaming my mother for travelling to and from the US a few months before giving birth to me because this wahala made no sense to me! How? The VO said they weren’t confident I wouldn’t return and I’m like HOW WONT I RETURN? I returned after school, I have never overstayed a VISA ever in my life, I’m a tax paying Nigerian for God’s sake! Anyways. I let it go cause I thought maybe this isn’t what God wants for me.

About 3 days after I got my second denial, I couldn’t sleep. My mind was tossing and turning and I was just all over the place wondering whether I should get an immigration lawyer involved or not, this is when God stepped in. I remembered a friend who told me she wrote to British embassy after a denial and they gave her a VISA so I decided that I was going to write an email to the Canadian high commission in London (they handled my application) and give them a real piece of my angry mind.

I typed up a VERY LONG email where I accused them of not paying due diligence to my application. I asked them to explain why I was denied without giving me generic reasons such as the ones they stated in my denial. I again explained my travel history, my education, my business and everything I have. I explained that how can they said I have no family ties in Nigeria when my father is saying he’s sponsoring me and will remain back home? What about my business that was profitable? All they had to do was google my business and they’ll see we are legitimate! Plus I had provided proof of ongoing business with major Nigerian and international brands? Also, I asked that is it cause I have no children and am divorced that I am being profiled as someone who won’t come back? It made no sense to me as my travel history and my education abroad could show that I had no interest in running away from Nigeria. If I didn’t run away then? Why would I run away now? Anyways. The email was long, angry and I basically told them they are doing a terrible job at selecting genuine visitors. When I was done typing, I prayed over it for a while. Finished praying and read through it again, made several corrections and then sent the email to all the email addresses I could find online for the London high commission.

3 days later I got a response from them saying they had received my email and the contents were noted and that my application was under re review. At this point I praised God because I knew a door had been open to me and that he was going to intervene. I didn’t hear back from them for another 3 weeks.. but when I did, it was an original passport request. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I didn’t reapply, all I did was trust God to fight for me and stated my case and they gave me a TRV!

I submitted my passport on the 3rd of May and picked it up on the 30th of May (that whole wait is another long story that doesn’t need sharing).

It is now June 4th and I am writing this long epistle from Toronto, Canada. I’m here for a few weeks before I return back to Lagos to face the Naija grind! At this point all I can do is thank God almighty because he gave me a testimony! A great gift and I’m beyond happy that my story ended like this.

My story is peculiar and different and I’m sure there are people who might want to try what I did after a denial. One thing I will advise is before you accuse them of anything make sure your profile is strong enough (before you end up shouting yourself in the foot) and make sure your spirit, mind and soul have the backing of Christ. I knew God wanted me to send that email which is why I sent it. It’s important to also know your rights and be educated about things before doing anything. Also never give up! In everything you do, never give up! God rewards your diligence and I pray he will see each and everyone through their applications!

This a real testimony, testimonies like this uplifts the spirit, unlike the Sunday testimony "I was fetching water n the tap broke n plenty water started coming out, before I knew what was happening the holy spirit took me out of there cry

Well I recently started having this Canadian dream in mind, I'm not of your status but I believe God is with me. Honestly being following your comments on here n its really a story to share. Tha is for sharing.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2019
granmurdafucker:

You just saved a soul, see me don write almost 10pages, grin grin yet to summit sha. editing it ASAP! thanks
The purpose of the letter of explanation or rather Client information, is to provide information NOT already provided in your application.

Examples are documents that are not required in the general application

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nwaeze6: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2019
please can anyone assist me on the link for the all the visa applications forms required to fill for visiting visa applicants for an applicant with kids.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Woafavour: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2019
www.cic.gc.ca

Nwaeze6:

please can anyone assist me on the link for the all the visa applications forms required to fill for visiting visa applicants for an applicant with kids.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nwaeze6: 11:38am On Jun 25, 2019
Uglyaddy:

thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nwaeze6:
please what's the expected amount to pay for an online visa application fees and biometrics of 3 people (mother and 2 kids below 6yrs)
$185 mother $100 For each child . Total $385 Or about #107,000
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2019
Uglyaddy:

no
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
Good afternoon,

I urgently require your assistance on behalf of my Fiance's TRV Application (Paper based).

Many thanks in Advance.

My Fiance got his final decision email today and and was denied basis the below

Family ties n Canada and in your country of residence.
Purpose of Visit

A Brief summary
My Fiance works and lives in Lagos Nigeria. He has about several property development investments in Nigeria spanning over 12 - 25years (We attached this during application).

His Sister and her kids are based in Canada and has a PR while his Mother has been in canada for almost 3years awaiting her PR (She filed for PR and have been given a work permit pending when the PR is confirmed).

He added their details to his Family Info while filling the forms so we are a bit puzzled as to why they refuse basis Family ties in home country and canada (When we have proven that he has both- Though we never mentioned he would visit his family in canada ). Also His Elderly Father is based in Nigeria .

Ps : We also attached a detailed cover letter and itinerary showing breakdown of his stay- Tourism purposes (Yet he was denied basis purpose of visit).

We are engaged to be married November 2018 . Please advise me of the next step as he wants to re-apply again as soon as possible.

Your usual assistance is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adezworld(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
I submitted my application on 24th of May, did my biometrics on the 30th of may, before I left the VFS centre, I got this message, ever since then no email or anything, it's an online application, I tried tracking it online, keep saying no record found, pls what is happening

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
bibiliscious:
Good afternoon,

I urgently require your assistance on behalf of my Fiance's TRV Application (Paper based).

Many thanks in Advance.

My Fiance got his final decision email today and and was denied basis the below

Family ties n Canada and in your country of residence.
Purpose of Visit

A Brief summary
My Fiance works and lives in Lagos Nigeria. He has about several property development investments in Nigeria spanning over 12 - 25years (We attached this during application).

His Sister and her kids are based in Canada and has a PR while his Mother has been in canada for almost 3years awaiting her PR (She filed for PR and have been given a work permit pending when the PR is confirmed).

He added their details to his Family Info while filling the forms so we are a bit puzzled as to why they refuse basis Family ties in home country and canada (When we have proven that he has both- Though we never mentioned he would visit his family in canada ). Also His Elderly Father is based in Nigeria .

Ps : We also attached a detailed cover letter and itinerary showing breakdown of his stay- Tourism purposes (Yet he was denied basis purpose of visit).

We are engaged to be married November 2018 . Please advise me of the next step as he wants to re-apply again as soon as possible.

Your usual assistance is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Those are generic messages given to everyone. To really know what happened, you might want to request GCMC notes. That will give you a summary why the VO denied you. Imagine telling someone who has been to the UK, US, UAE and European countries he has no travel history.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bibiliscious: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
@folmus thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dedzstar789: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
LeInyiama:

This a real testimony, testimonies like this uplifts the spirit, unlike the Sunday testimony "I was fetching water n the tap broke n plenty water started coming out, before I knew what was happening the holy spirit took me out of there cry

Well I recently started having this Canadian dream in mind, I'm not of your status but I believe God is with me. Honestly being following your comments on here n its really a story to share. Tha is for sharing.

The key is to have faith. What’s for you will never pass you by!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sheriph: 11:51am On Jun 26, 2019
Good day all,

I need your assistance pls.

I plan to apply for Canada visit visa and this would be my second application. I requested for GCMS and it states : , [b]not clear why he would not stay with his brother rather than hotel ( my brother was a student then staying with flatmates ), limited funds including income, assets and no travel history( now I have travelled to Europe and Dubai )
[/b]

I am planning to attach my 7year old son Canada valid visit visa as we wanted to visit my brother. My concern is that I have a bank loan deposited in my savings account for over 6 months with monthly deduction payment from my salary account. since loan deposit would not surface in my printed statement of acct as it is over 6 months when printed . Do I have to state in my SOP that I have a loan and attach the document if it can serve as home tie
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
sheriph:
Good day all,

I need your assistance pls.

I plan to apply for Canada visit visa and this would be my second application. I requested for GCMS and it states : , [b]not clear why he would not stay with his brother rather than hotel ( my brother was a student then staying with flatmates ), limited funds including income, assets and no travel history( now I have travelled to Europe and Dubai )
[/b]

I am planning to attach my 7year old son Canada valid visit visa as we wanted to visit my brother. My concern is that I have a bank loan deposited in my savings account for over 6 months with monthly deduction payment from my salary account. since loan deposit would not surface in my printed statement of acct as it is over 6 months when printed . Do I have to state in my SOP that I have a loan and attach the document if it can serve as home tie
A loan is a liability and not a tie.

The visa officer believed you didn't have assets or earn enough to encourage you to return.

Considering your financial situation, the officer was wondering why you opted for a hotel instead of managing with your brother.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sheriph: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
NothingDoMe:
A loan is a liability and not a tie.

The visa officer believed you didn't have assets or earn enough to encourage you to return.

Considering your financial situation, the officer was wondering why you opted for a hotel instead of managing with your brother.

Thanks Bro, so you suggest i should not mention the loan in my application . but i transfer monthly into the savings account so as to increase the cash inflow from my salary account. i got the loan 7months ago while i would print 6months statement. since the loan would not reflect in the statement . I guess i dnt need any explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
sheriph:

Thanks Bro, so you suggest i should not mention the loan in my application . but i transfer monthly into the savings account so as to increase the cash inflow from my salary account. i got the loan 7months ago while i would print 6months statement. since the loan would not reflect in the statement . I guess i dnt need any explanation.
What's the loan for?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sheriph: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
NothingDoMe:
What's the loan for?

The loan is purposely meant for business .But I just kept it in my account . But the purpose was not stated in agreement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
but only 4 months was ask to be uploaded
sheriph:

The loan is purposely meant for business .But I just kept it in my account . But the purpose was not stated in agreement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
pufframmy:
but only 4 months was ask to be uploaded

From their website it's 6months

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
ooh well i uploaded 4 months cause if i upload 6 month
charp they will read and read and resad

SimpleDimples:

From their website it's 6months
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tessytessy(f): 12:58am On Jun 27, 2019
These days they routinely ask some applicants for up to one year bank statements.

pufframmy:
ooh well i uploaded 4 months cause if i upload 6 month
charp they will read and read and resad

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:48am On Jun 27, 2019
really but i think when i was about to load mine it shows 4 month statement of account
my 4 months almost about 46 PAGES
tessytessy:
These days they routinely ask some applicants for up to one year bank statements.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2019
tessytessy:

The maximum bank statement any embassy can request for is 6 months. Canada requires 4 months bank statement, they have never requested for 1 year bank statement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetrie(f): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
Menakay:

The maximum bank statement any embassy can request for is 6 months. Canada requires 4 months bank statement, they have never requested for 1 year bank statement.
Says who? Canada has asked for more than a year bank statement

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
Menakay:

They can actually request for one year bank statement.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
pufframmy:
really but i think when i was about to load mine it shows 4 month statement of account
my 4 months almost about 46 PAGES
Online is usually 4 months. Paper is 6 when applying from Nigeria.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
sweetrie:
Says who? Canada has asked for more than a year bank statement
From you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetrie(f): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
Menakay:

From you?
Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Prudency045, Inksun(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.