Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2306638 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
Teju2014:
I pray your application doesn't get to London Office ooo. They take their bloody time and don't like when you follow up(typical British Attitude). They are ruthless and mean(lol).
Eh!? The brits are brilliant! grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olawumi2005(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Eh!? The brits are brilliant! grin
[quote author=kenseT post=79783969]please i need help,i applied for Canada visa in 2015 and was refused based on misrepresentation. I was given a Fairness letter which i replied to but still ended up getting a refusal ( see image 1)
After reading through this thread and because the refusal letter did not state if i was banned or not, i requested for GCMS notes ( See image 2). I need the house to advise me if this was a 2 years ban,5 years ban or no ban at all.. Give me your email address
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teju2014: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
Really, my friend Lawyer who lives in Canada said she is always afraid to call them for applications that has exceeded the stipulated time.. 'She said said i don't want to call ooo..they are always bras

Heard Ghana is a lot lenient and faster(might be wrong though). My Sister and a host of friends got theirs from Ghana and it took just 3wks max. A friend who applied to giver Birth got hers in 2(weeks), online application.

Funny thing we all that applied online for the event( 10 of us) got refused. My cousin,celebrant is beyond disappointed none of her family will grace her occasion. Shit happens anyways and Life goes on.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigjayslim(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Please, does anyone know how to convert Canadian visiting visa into PR legally?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XX01(f): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
Candybright:

You can request for home delivery and pay for it if you want them to return your passport after visa stamp

Yes one person can submit for all

folmus:

No confusion there; they should submit their passports for their visa at vfs office. No money is paid.

SimpleDimples:

Hello dear, I really don't know how it works.

Kindly chat with their customer care rep via the online platform.

Does any one have an idea?

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. Just to read instructions don turn big deal for my side.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
bigjayslim:

IMO it's a long route . Seeking asylum
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
cant work

bigjayslim:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
bigjayslim:

Impossible

Asylum don cast dont just try it.......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tessytessy(f): 1:00am On Jul 03, 2019
send me a Pm [quote author=olawumi2005 post=79876193][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tessytessy(f): 1:02am On Jul 03, 2019
No sir/ma.

Alternatively, you can send an e-mail to the consular officer asking him about how to convert your visit visa to PR legally.
bigjayslim:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:22am On Jul 03, 2019
Teju2014:
I understand perfectly well you guys view. I was only reiterating their "Modus Operandi" Approval is by no means of good job/ salary ooo or travel history. I have known from time in memorial that Visa Approval is by luck and not based on facts..it merely on assumption. We currently have valid multiple visas.We included entry stamps and all but eh i guess that wasn't good enough. But i have applied for GMCS notes to know what exactly the issue is for future purpose. Not bothered the slightest.

All the best to those awaiting response! I pray your application doesn't get to London Office ooo. They take their bloody time and don't like when you follow up(typical British Attitude). They are ruthless and mean(lol).

Relax.... Sorry about the refusal. Good you have applied for the GCMS Notes, you will las las realise that this thing is far from luck even though it may form a minute part of the process.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kentz3: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hello guy please after application online for a visit visa and all payment made for both application and biometrics,how will I know when to go for biometrics,do I need a document form CIC before I go for biometrics??coz av applied since yesterday and I dnt knw what next to do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Kentz3:
Hello guy please after application online for a visit visa and all payment made for both application and biometrics,how will I know when to go for biometrics,do I need a document form CIC before I go for biometrics??coz av applied since yesterday and I dnt knw what next to do.

You will receive a biometrics request letter in your account.

Just be patient

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayne07(f): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
oluayebenz:

Any travel history?
Hotel reservation has nothing to do......
but they do approve visa to those with no travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayne07(f): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
19CannyMum:

When did you apply?
may
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jayne07(f): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
folmus:

I have said it repeatedly: family visit visas will take the grace to be granted. I am not saying it's impossible. If you reapply again with hotel booking, nothing will change. they will give new generic reasons not mentioned before.

what then would you advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gg4real: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
Work on your family ties

Jayne07:

what then would you advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
Jayne07:

but they do approve visa to those with no travel history

Yes they do but probably on a very good and convincing profile

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pareeHot: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
Dedzstar789:
Long Post Alert! Please excuse any grammatical errors.

I promised that I was going to tell you guys my story but decided to wait until I got into Canada! Because the way bad belle is set up ehn.. my testimony had to have been complete before I posted my story. Before I start, I must say mine is a story of grace and never giving up and knowing God almighty has my back and trusting in my faith. I have to say this because God is the only person that made this happen for me.

Anyways, from my last post you will see that I have what many call a great profile. I’ve been travelling abroad since I was inside my mother’s womb and am currently on my 6th or 7th passport. I have previous visas from major first world countries - The UK, US, Schegen territories and even went to boarding school in Canada. I have two degrees both of which were gotten from the UK. I’ve been to plenty countries including the UAE, South Africa, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Ukraine, Turkey, France, The Netherlands, Italy etc. I have my own business that’s doing okay (okay because na buhari economy we dey) and I have very capable sponsors as parents! My mum’s passport is a world map and my Father’s bank statements can carry me anywhere. So imagine my surprise that in February 2019 when I applied to visit Canada alongside my mum, I was denied based on financial assets and family ties in and out of Canada while my mum’s visa was granted. I was shocked to my bone marrow but my mum contacted someone who works at the Canadian high commission Lagos and he then explained that the mistake I made was use my father as my sponsor (apparently Canada frowns upon adults being sponsored by other adults unless it’s your spouse.. take note of this guys). I decided to immediately reapply and this time I over documented (check previous post for all documents I submitted). I was pretty confident at this point that I was going to get the VISA so imagine my shock once again when I was denied based on the same financial assets and family ties in and out of Canada. This time I was beyond angry! What more did these people want? I kept looking back at my life and started wondering when I started getting visa denials? Me? Then I started blaming my mother for travelling to and from the US a few months before giving birth to me because this wahala made no sense to me! How? The VO said they weren’t confident I wouldn’t return and I’m like HOW WONT I RETURN? I returned after school, I have never overstayed a VISA ever in my life, I’m a tax paying Nigerian for God’s sake! Anyways. I let it go cause I thought maybe this isn’t what God wants for me.

About 3 days after I got my second denial, I couldn’t sleep. My mind was tossing and turning and I was just all over the place wondering whether I should get an immigration lawyer involved or not, this is when God stepped in. I remembered a friend who told me she wrote to British embassy after a denial and they gave her a VISA so I decided that I was going to write an email to the Canadian high commission in London (they handled my application) and give them a real piece of my angry mind.

I typed up a VERY LONG email where I accused them of not paying due diligence to my application. I asked them to explain why I was denied without giving me generic reasons such as the ones they stated in my denial. I again explained my travel history, my education, my business and everything I have. I explained that how can they said I have no family ties in Nigeria when my father is saying he’s sponsoring me and will remain back home? What about my business that was profitable? All they had to do was google my business and they’ll see we are legitimate! Plus I had provided proof of ongoing business with major Nigerian and international brands? Also, I asked that is it cause I have no children and am divorced that I am being profiled as someone who won’t come back? It made no sense to me as my travel history and my education abroad could show that I had no interest in running away from Nigeria. If I didn’t run away then? Why would I run away now? Anyways. The email was long, angry and I basically told them they are doing a terrible job at selecting genuine visitors. When I was done typing, I prayed over it for a while. Finished praying and read through it again, made several corrections and then sent the email to all the email addresses I could find online for the London high commission.

3 days later I got a response from them saying they had received my email and the contents were noted and that my application was under re review. At this point I praised God because I knew a door had been open to me and that he was going to intervene. I didn’t hear back from them for another 3 weeks.. but when I did, it was an original passport request. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I didn’t reapply, all I did was trust God to fight for me and stated my case and they gave me a TRV!

I submitted my passport on the 3rd of May and picked it up on the 30th of May (that whole wait is another long story that doesn’t need sharing).

It is now June 4th and I am writing this long epistle from Toronto, Canada. I’m here for a few weeks before I return back to Lagos to face the Naija grind! At this point all I can do is thank God almighty because he gave me a testimony! A great gift and I’m beyond happy that my story ended like this.

My story is peculiar and different and I’m sure there are people who might want to try what I did after a denial. One thing I will advise is before you accuse them of anything make sure your profile is strong enough (before you end up shouting yourself in the foot) and make sure your spirit, mind and soul have the backing of Christ. I knew God wanted me to send that email which is why I sent it. It’s important to also know your rights and be educated about things before doing anything. Also never give up! In everything you do, never give up! God rewards your diligence and I pray he will see each and everyone through their applications!
check your DM sir

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EPIJOE: 1:11am On Jul 04, 2019
HI EVERYONE, PLEASE I APPLIED FOR A TOURIST VISA 10TH JUNE AND DID MY BIOMETRICS 14TH OF JUNE WITH PAPER APPLICATION, I GOT AN EMAIL 1ST JULY 3 DAYS AGO STATING MY BIOMETRICS INFORMATION IS VALID TILL 2029, PLS GURUS IN THE HOUSE WHAT THOSE THIS MEAN? DOES T MEANS A DECISION HAD BEEN TAKEN ALREADY? PLS I NEED ADVICE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 3:45am On Jul 04, 2019
EPIJOE:
HI EVERYONE, PLEASE I APPLIED FOR A TOURIST VISA 10TH JUNE AND DID MY BIOMETRICS 14TH OF JUNE WITH PAPER APPLICATION, I GOT AN EMAIL 1ST JULY 3 DAYS AGO STATING MY BIOMETRICS INFORMATION IS VALID TILL 2029, PLS GURUS IN THE HOUSE WHAT THOSE THIS MEAN? DOES T MEANS A DECISION HAD BEEN TAKEN ALREADY? PLS I NEED ADVICE.

Just wondering.....
Paper route biometrics is done same day of application submission.

It means that Canada won't take your biometrics until it's 2029 for TRV. A decision hasn't been taken. You will be notified soon.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kentz3: 5:28am On Jul 04, 2019
SimpleDimples:

You will receive a biometrics request letter in your account.

Just be patient
tenks recieved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkman(m): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2019
pls what should I do house.
I submitted my online application since Apiri 14th for a programme taking place in 2weeks. since then, no reply of any. what line of action should I take.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2019
Are you recently refused?

kkman:
I submitted my online application since Apiri 14th for a programme taking place in 2weeks. since then, no reply of any. what line of action should I take.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkman(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2019
No
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2019
Any Successful Application Please Share light and also the others got response thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Cic seems not to be responding to visitors visa. It’s really tiring why they ll just decide to keep someone on suspense. Processing time is exceeded and I am scared to email them o.
pufframmy:
Any Successful Application Please Share light and also the others got response thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2019
Has there been any update of any sort on your account?
kkman:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
i Submitted my Application on June 26 Again also get message on 27 my Application was updated and i didnt see whatsoever they update maybe dey update my IUC with the Previous one well Finger Cross for best of Luck
oriazowan:
Cic seems not to be responding to visitors visa. It’s really tiring why they ll just decide to keep someone on suspense. Processing time is exceeded and I am scared to email them o.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
EPIJOE:
From what I read here those who got this message received their decision some days later.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
NothingDoMe:
From what I read here those who got this message received their decision some days later.
You are right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: trollx, OTIK and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.