Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318706 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by worldman(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
Help how do I start my process of relocating to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BiggestAmaju: 1:40am On Nov 04, 2019
Candybright:

You should reapply immediately and explain yourself. I know somone that had same issue and she put in another application the next day and was approved after few weeks, less than one month. Don't ignore, you must respond to clear yourself. BtW, what country rejected you?

Will it be an issue if I shift the training from January to April? I am concerned about processing time and the training will be repeated in April. The previous refusal was still Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 7:46am On Nov 04, 2019
BVL received for online application made 21st August. Biometrics 22nd August. BVL November 3. How long more to wait?
This is for my sister's visiting visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2019
@geotherm
Anytime soon keeping checking ur mail sometimes BVL & PPR drop together wish ur sister good luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Guys any updates on BVL? August AOR’s
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TMorse: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please I just need a little information about my canadian visit visa. I submitted my application 29th September, and my proposed travel date is November 19. Does anybody have an experience or thinks there is a possibility my application would be processed before my travel date, and if not what generally happens if my application was processed after my indicated travel dates (can the visa still be issued?)

I would appreciate any feedback from you guys on this.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
TMorse:
Hello Guys,

Please I just need a little information about my canadian visit visa. I submitted my application 29th September, and my proposed travel date is November 19. Does anybody have an experience or thinks there is a possibility my application would be processed before my travel date, and if not what generally happens if my application was processed after my indicated travel dates (can the visa still be issued?)

Thanks
Not all applications are processed before the proposed travel date. Yes Visas can be issued even after the proposed travel date has passed.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:46am On Nov 05, 2019
My fellow Nairalanders, good morning!

Family application visiting visa approved( I hope it means we were granted visa)

Day 49

Visa Office unknown !!! (maybe London, yet to confirm)

Online application

Application submission - Sept 17th
Biomeric collection letter - Sept 19th
Biometric done & Completed - Sept 23rd
Ghost update - Oct 17th ( since no update, thanking for my patience.)
Eligibility started - Oct 31st
BVL or Correspondence letter- Nov 04 (ghost update)
Original Passport Req. letter- Nov 04 (ghost update)

My people, our flight ticket, booking ticket including my brothers grad. have all elapsed during the processing time grin So obviously morale was low. I decided I wasn't even going to write them (IRCC) or complain to them, anything that happens, let it happen, but somehow i was just positive.
I was surprised to see double ghost updates yesterday evening. Infact I still dey fear cos.. my online cic account still showing processing for eligibility and background checks, but for final decision, showing approved.

Elders please is this Goodnews?

Secondly, how much am I to pay to submit 3 passports ?

Can I, the authorised representative of the application submit and collect passports on behalf of my parents ?

what's the duration of time to get back passports ?

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Waleabimbola(m): 3:13am On Nov 05, 2019
[quote author=Ozzz post=83748559]My fellow Nairalanders, good morning!

Family application visiting visa approved( I hope it means we were granted visa)

Day 49

Online application

My people, our flight ticket, booking ticket including my brothers grad. have all elapsed during the processing time grin So obviously morale was low. I decided I wasn't even going to write them (IRCC) or complain to them, anything that happens, let it happen, but somehow i was just positive.
I was surprised to see double ghost updates yesterday evening. Infact I still dey fear cos.. my online cic account still showing processing for eligibility and background checks, but for final decision, showing approved.

Can I, the authorised representative of the application submit and collect passports on behalf of my parents ?

what's the duration of time to get back passports ?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Waleabimbola(m): 3:38am On Nov 05, 2019
Waleabimbola:

Hello everyone,
Please I invited a friend of mine and his family to visit me in Canada for Christmas.

He submitted his application online on the 13th September and did biometrics few days after.
He got Biometric Verification letter today(4th November)
Please what is the success rate after getting BVL?
I mean do they still refuse TRV after sending BVL?
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 4:18am On Nov 05, 2019
TMorse:
Hello Guys,

Thanks

Wow congratulations September already. I am still waiting for next mail after BVL for my sister.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 5:40am On Nov 05, 2019
Original passport request letter should follow maybe today, just be positive.

Waleabimbola:

Hello everyone,
Please I invited a friend of mine and his family to visit me in Canada for Christmas.

He submitted his application online on the 13th September and did biometrics few days after.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2019
@Ozzz
Congratulations what kind of family package brother and sis package ...or husband and wife package
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cheapfone: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2019
did biometrics 9th sept, still waiting
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2019
Thanks
My parents and i .

Please do you have any answers to my questions listed ?

jj17cv:
@Ozzz
Congratulations what kind of family package brother and sis package ...or husband and wife package
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2019
@Ozzz
I think submission of passport don't need payment unlease you want to couria your passport but just incase take 60k alonge with u for both family just incase

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kk2003: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Am still waiting submitted and did Bio-metric 22 Aug, nothing yet. Been tracking, still showing "being processed at the Canada Visa Office". I am weak, conference commenced already.

congrats

Waleabimbola:

Hello everyone,

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2019
My people, help me with my questions below
thanks so much for all assistance from here cool

Ozzz:
My fellow Nairalanders, good morning!

Day 49

Online application

what's the duration of time to get back passports after submission ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
geotherm:
BVL received for online application made 21st August. Biometrics 22nd August. BVL November 3. How long more to wait?
This is for my sister's visiting visa

Unfortunately my sister was denied based on travel history and purpose of visit. Is coming to see her brother who she has not seen for more than 4 years not enough reason. And why travel history? Yes she has not traveled to any other country and so. Does everyone not have first time of travel. It made totally no sense to me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
I’m so sorry about that! They can be crazy you know ...
geotherm:

Unfortunately my sister was denied based on travel history and purpose of visit. Is coming to see her brother who she has not seen for more than 4 years not enough reason. And why travel history? Yes she has not traveled to any other country and so. Does everyone not have first time of travel. It made totally no sense to me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
@geotherm
Sorry for the delay she need to travel to other places first Canada hardly grant virgin passport

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
jj17cv:
@geotherm
Sorry for the delay she need to travel to other places first Canada hardly grant virgin passport

Will going to Dubai count as Travel history?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Yea that is good idea and don't let her apply immediately after the trips
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello house,

I have been a member of this thread for a while but I hardly ever comment except when I asked a question a few months ago. It has been of immense help to me and I promised myself that I will update once it's concluded whatever the outcome. I just got a passport request for hubby and I today and couldn't be happier. It is a family application and we intend to visit Canada during the Christmas season (hubby, I and son). Our son doesnt need a visit.

Documents submitted: 22/09/19
Biometrics request letter: 24/09/19
Biometrics done: 25/09/19
BVL: 4/11/19
PPR: 5/11/19

Documents submitted:
1. Intro letter from office for both of us (we are both bankers)
2. Six months payslip for both of us
3. Six months salary bank statement for both of us(with about N600k balance)
4. My USD six months bank statement ($1300)
5. Pension statement for both of us
6. Money market statement (2.1m as balance)
7. Our CV
8. Three landed documents and our property document
9. HMO cards for hubby, I and Son (HMO for my son and I is platinum hence covers health emergencies abroad. I pay more but the benefits outweighs the cost)
10. Marriage certificate
11. Change of name documents
12. Birth certificate for our son
13. Receipts from the US hospital and report showing we are not owing them
14. Salary insurance certificate for both of us
15. Life insurance certificate for hubby
16. Home insurance certificate for our house
17. Home content insurance certificate
18. Copy of previous visas, stamps and valid visa(I have been to the UK, Dubia and US while hubby has been to Dubia and US). Our US visa is expiring April 2020.
19. Picture of hubby, I and son in front of our home
20. A detailed LOE from hubby and I. (Mine stating that HMO for my son and I covered international trips and that I do not currently need any medical attention)
21. Travel itinerary (stating where we will be visiting with estimated cost)
22. Flight itinerary from an agent
23. Hotel booking from booking.com

I told myself that I would be as detailed as possible especially since people like @Jayfierce @nothingdome and some I can't remember made this process a lot easier with their attention to details. And when looking up people's experience I get frustrated when they do not give out a lot of details, lol. So I hope this helps someone the same way yours helped me. Thank you all!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Congratulations @Makylove101,

yes oo, twale to @nothingdome and all

That's about 45days of processing, very quick like mine 49 days.

please do you have any idea if one can do transfer or card payment to submit passports or it's cash?

Also, I read its N14,200, is this still so?
is this per passport or per application ?

makylove101:
Hello house,

I have been a member of this thread for a while but I hardly ever comment except when I asked a question a few months ago. It has been of immense help to me and I promised myself that I will update once it's concluded whatever the outcome. I just got a passport request for hubby and I today and couldn't be happier. It is a family application and we intend to visit Canada during the Christmas season (hubby, I and son). Our son doesnt need a visit.

I told myself that I would be as detailed as possible especially since people like @Jayfierce @nothingdome and some I can't remember made this process a lot easier with their attention to details. And when looking up people's experience I get frustrated when they do not give out a lot of details, lol. So I hope this helps someone the same way yours helped me. Thank you all!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thank you so much and congratulations to you too! I really have no idea as to the cost. I intend to look into it before proceeding to submit.
Ozzz:
Congratulations @Makylove101,

yes oo, twale to @nothingdome and all

That's about 45days of processing, very quick like mine 49 days.

please do you have any idea if one can do transfer or card payment to submit passports or it's cash?

Also, I read its N14,200, is this still so?
is this per passport or per application ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
makylove101:
Thank you so much and congratulations to you too! I really have no idea as to the cost. I intend to look into it before proceeding to submit.

You can do a transfer and send the transaction receipt with your passport. That's what i did
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
I forgot to add;
Employment letters
Confirmation letters
Promotion letters
School fees receipt from our son's school
Office ID cards
makylove101:
Hello house,

Documents submitted:
1. Intro letter from office for both of us (we are both bankers)
2. Six months payslip for both of us
3. Six months salary bank statement for both of us(with about N600k balance)
4. My USD six months bank statement ($1300)
5. Pension statement for both of us
6. Money market statement (2.1m as balance)
7. Our CV
8. Three landed documents and our property document
9. HMO cards for hubby, I and Son (HMO for my son and I is platinum hence covers health emergencies abroad. I pay more but the benefits outweighs the cost)
10. Marriage certificate
11. Change of name documents
12. Birth certificate for our son
13. Receipts from the US hospital and report showing we are not owing them
14. Salary insurance certificate for both of us
15. Life insurance certificate for hubby
16. Home insurance certificate for our house
17. Home content insurance certificate
18. Copy of previous visas, stamps and valid visa(I have been to the UK, Dubia and US while hubby has been to Dubia and US). Our US visa is expiring April 2020.
19. Picture of hubby, I and son in front of our home
20. A detailed LOE from hubby and I. (Mine stating that HMO for my son and I covered international trips and that I do not currently need any medical attention)
21. Travel itinerary (stating where we will be visiting with estimated cost)
22. Flight itinerary from an agent
23. Hotel booking from booking.com

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pointednose: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Congrats to you and your family.

Please what was your reason for visit?

Thanks
makylove101:
I forgot to add;
Employment letters
Confirmation letters
Promotion letters
School fees receipt from our son's school
Office ID cards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
Thank you. Reason is tourism/holiday
pointednose:
Congrats to you and your family.

Please what was your reason for visit?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 8:46am On Nov 06, 2019
Good Morning Happy people!

Please I submitted application last week, Biometrics is on Friday this week, I want to travel on a short tour. The tour Event is starting 15th of December and the Tour company sent me an invitation.

But will the Embassy be able to review my application before the intended travel date I don’t want to a situation where by the event would have expire and use that opportunity to refuse me.

Please house kindly advice me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2019
yomisley:
Good Morning Happy people!

Please I submitted application last week, Biometrics is on Friday this week, I want to travel on a short tour. The tour Event is starting 15th of December and the Tour company sent me an invitation.

But will the Embassy be able to review my application before the intended travel date I don’t want to a situation where by the event would have expire and use that opportunity to refuse me.

Please house kindly advice me.
You may not be able to meet up with the tour as the time you have left is quite short

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Calmlolly and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.