Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318048 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (1098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youngbilly1: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,
I would like to apply for Australian, Uk or Canadian visit Visa from Nigeria but my country of residence is Singapore. I am on a student visa which needs to be renewed every year. The problem is the requirements for foreigners applying for these countries are difficult for none residence. I was advised to apply from my home country because if my student visa is less than 6 months I am not eligible to apply visas to other countries.

My question is.
Is it possible to fly to Nigeria for a week and apply or stay back in Singapore apply for visa and bio-metrics then when my visa is approved I can fly back to Nigeria to get the visa sticker on my passport?

thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2019
What do you suggest I do?
Candybright:

You may not be able to meet up with the tour as the time you have left is quite short
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ttmacoy: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2019
Not saying it's fair, but to them the brother can go and visit her in Nigeria if the need to visit is so strong. You have to understand that years and years of abuse by our people has gotten us to this point. Can you imagine how many people have used same reason to get a visa and overstay or disappear once they travel?

geotherm:

Unfortunately my sister was denied based on travel history and purpose of visit. Is coming to see her brother who she has not seen for more than 4 years not enough reason. And why travel history? Yes she has not traveled to any other country and so. Does everyone not have first time of travel. It made totally no sense to me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hello, to answer your question I submitted both our passport today. A letter of authority would only be required if hubby is unable to pick up his passport once it's ready by himself. Also I was told I didnt need to pay anything....so what exactly is the charge for again?
Ozzz:
My people, help me with my questions below
thanks so much for all assistance from here cool

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mim1031: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
I’m sincerely getting tired of waiting, it’s 64 days today and They haven’t started eligibility review on my application. I called the guys in London and the Indian guys that spoke with me insisted I should provide my tracking number which I don’t have. They said I should have gotten one when I submitted my application online. Good people, is it true that they provide tracking number for every application before processing
I’m starting to think something is wrong with my application. I sent a mail to IRCC and I was advised to contact London office
It’s 11 days past the processing days, is this a common occurrence ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by peetah: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
mim1031:
I’m sincerely getting tired of waiting, it’s 64 days today and They haven’t started eligibility review on my application. I called the guys in London and the Indian guys that spoke with me insisted I should provide my tracking number which I don’t have. They said I should have gotten one when I submitted my application online. Good people, is it true that they provide tracking number for every application before processing
I’m starting to think something is wrong with my application. I sent a mail to IRCC and I was advised to contact London office
Hi mim1031, I think they need you to provide them with you UCI number (unique client identification) and application number (usually starts with V ). which email and phone number you contact them on? I also am waiting for their response on my application and travel date is drawing really close.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kk2003: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Am 75 days already and counting, paper based, Biometric same day. I have tracked tire, event i planned for is today. I have given up. They should return my passport for me o.

I don't know about online. The day i submitted, i got an email with my tracking number.

mim1031:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mim1031: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
peetah:
Hi mim1031, I think they need you to provide them with you UCI number (unique client identification) and application number (usually starts with V ). which email and phone number you contact them on? I also am waiting for their response on my application and travel date is drawing really close.
They didn’t accept the above, all they wanted was the tracking number

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mim1031: 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
kk2003:
Am 75 days already and counting, paper based, Biometric same day. I have tracked tire, event i planned for is today. I have given up. They should return my passport for me o.

I don't know about online. The day i submitted, i got an email with my tracking number.

Funny enough, I can’t find their mail in my inbox anymore. Not that I was stupid enough to delete it but it miraculously disappeared
Holiday is planned for 16th, I may as well give up at this point
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
75 days too long Ooo even a friend submitted October eligibility review have started ....just wondering
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please can someone give an advise on possible questions they might ask me at POE.
This is my second time going.
My first time i was not asked any question apart from if this was my first time.

And I intend to stay at least 2 months before coming back.
I will be glad if anyone can give me suggestions.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
geotherm:

Unfortunately my sister was denied based on travel history and purpose of visit. Is coming to see her brother who she has not seen for more than 4 years not enough reason. And why travel history? Yes she has not traveled to any other country and so. Does everyone not have first time of travel. It made totally no sense to me.
Sorry about the refusal. Canadians and their love for purpose of visit sha. However i believe they have issues with her ties in Nigeria which may not be strong enough to discourage her from staying back with you in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
Waleabimbola:

I think someone has already answered your question. And its very well good to know that they don't charge for passport delivery for TRV sticking on passport. About picking up passport for others, they can always give you the authorization.........which I advise is the best to do.

Congrats!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
youngbilly1:
Hi Nairalanders,
I would like to apply for Australian, Uk or Canadian visit Visa from Nigeria but my country of residence is Singapore. I am on a student visa which needs to be renewed every year. The problem is the requirements for foreigners applying for these countries are difficult for none residence. I was advised to apply from my home country because if my student visa is less than 6 months I am not eligible to apply visas to other countries.

My question is.
Is it possible to fly to Nigeria for a week and apply or stay back in Singapore apply for visa and bio-metrics then when my visa is approved I can fly back to Nigeria to get the visa sticker on my passport?

thanks

I have actually applied for Visa to Canada while studying outside Nigeria. From my experience, a Visa is not a right to stay in a country. As you are a student, your Study Permit which shows the duration of your studies should be the key. I am not particularly sure about the 6 months duration you mentioned (you might have to check that out).

In summary, your study permit should be fine to apply for any of those visas from outside Nigeria.

Goodluck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Heledy:
Please can someone give an advise on possible questions they might ask me at POE.
This is my second time going.
My first time i was not asked any question apart from if this was my first time.

And I intend to stay at least 2 months before coming back.
I will be glad if anyone can give me suggestions.
Thanks
what is your purpose of visit? what do you do? where did you stay the last time you visited? how long would you be staying this time? why staying so long this time around? do you have family in Canada? would you be staying with them or a hotel? etc...............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ugoarthur: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2019
hello good evening all ..

Please am getting so worried I applied for UK visa over 2 months 2 weeks now and I haven’t heard anything from them . I did that through an agent please what should I do ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ugoarthur: 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please good evening all ..

I need an advice I applied for UK visiting visa for over two months two weeks now yet I haven’t heard anything from them . Am worried everybody says it doesn’t take this long . What should I do the agent keep telling me to wait
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youngbilly1: 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Rijo02:

I have actually applied for Visa to Canada while studying outside Nigeria. From my experience, a Visa is not a right to stay in a country. As you are a student, your Study Permit which shows the duration of your studies should be the key. I am not particularly sure about the 6 months duration you mentioned (you might have to check that out).

In summary, your study permit should be fine to apply for any of those visas from outside Nigeria.

Goodluck!

Yes i can apply from Singapore where i'm currently studying. I have applied for other countries before been given a visa easily but Canada, UK, Australia are quite difficult, once the study permit validity is less than 6 month, i will have to wait the next year to apply for a 1 year renewal. Another issues is that they treat Nigerian applicants differently as high risk country i.e bank statement needs to have more than enough and they don't accept Nigerian bank statement. Same goes to the US embassy in Singapore which i applied and was rejected. That's why i choose to apply from my home country.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ozzz:

My people, our flight ticket, booking ticket including my brothers grad. have all elapsed during the processing time grin So obviously morale was low. I decided I wasn't even going to write them (IRCC) or complain to them, anything that happens, let it happen, but somehow i was just positive.
I was surprised to see double ghost updates yesterday evening. Infact I still dey fear cos.. my online cic account still showing processing for eligibility and background checks, but for final decision, showing approved.
Congrats. The visa office that handled your application is on the BVL letter. Background checks might run until after passport submission and final verification.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
makylove101:

(we are both bankers)
And when looking up people's experience I get frustrated when they do not give out a lot of details, lol. So I hope this helps someone the same way yours helped me. Thank you all!
Congratulations. Its been really really really long since i heard good news from the banking sector with regards to Canada/US visa applications. Thanks for the detailed document list.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
youngbilly1:

Yes i can apply from Singapore where i'm currently studying. I have applied for other countries before been given a visa easily but Canada, UK, Australia are quite difficult, once the study permit validity is less than 6 month, i will have to wait the next year to apply for a 1 year renewal. Another issues is that they treat Nigerian applicants differently as high risk country i.e bank statement needs to have more than enough and they don't accept Nigerian bank statement. Same goes to the US embassy in Singapore which i applied and was rejected. That's why i choose to apply from my home country.

Well, that is sad to hear of all the conditions (esp. bank statements). Since you already know the solution, just try and work with it.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
yes it's possible to fly back

but you will also consider economics....

Also staying back in Switzerland and using online application, but you need to verify if the websites are country specific, if yes, try digging for Nigeria's website.

then for passport submission, I believe it can be couriered, its just biometrics am not quite sure where you should do it.

These are just my thoughts ....

youngbilly1:
Hi Nairalanders,

My question is.

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thanks so much Maky, can you imagine, I also submitted today, so that's how we probably passed ourselves grin without knowing.

I submitted all 3 passports, and yes no payment( for online application)

Let me share the requirements so that other people won't worry and search the whole internet like I did....

Docs required for passport submission

*Passport request letter
*Consent form
*application print out reciept issued after biometrics collection, attached with photocopy of passport biopage
*Passport document

A yellow print out reciept will be issued to be used for collection.

makylove101:
Hello, to answer your question I submitted both our passport today. A letter of authority would only be required if hubby is unable to pick up his passport once it's ready by himself. Also I was told I didnt need to pay anything....so what exactly is the charge for again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Tracking number is issued on a rectangular print out reciept in blue fade only. you get this after biometrics.

But your case seems like it's UCI they need, check your mails.

mim1031:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thank you so much! Really?...odd though cause I am surrounded by bankers that keep getting these good news, lol . Maybe we are not on nairaland as much.
NothingDoMe:
Congratulations. Its been really really really long since i heard good news from the banking sector with regards to Canada/US visa applications. Thanks for the detailed document list.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Aww it would have been nice to say hello. Thanks for updating on the requirements. It wasnt fun going back and forth cause I didnt make copies of the BVL and passport, lol.
Ozzz:
Thanks so much Maky, can you imagine, I also submitted today, so that's how we probably passed ourselves grin without knowing.

I submitted all 3 passports, and yes no payment( for online application)

Let me share the requirements so that others people won't worry and search the whole internet like I did....

Docs required for passport submission

*Passport request letter
*Consent form
*application print out reciept issued after biometrics collection, attached with photocopy of passport biopage
Passport document

A yellow print out reciept will be issued to be used for collection.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
Thankyou thankyou, my mind has calmed small grin
As for the visa office, I saw London on the letter.

Noted @background checks
I will share with the house documents submitted, funnily it's probably 1/4 of Makylove101's list grin

NothingDoMe:
Congrats. The visa office that handled your application is on the BVL letter. Background checks might run until after passport submission and final verification.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Did you submit BVL ? BVL is not for submission oo, it's for our personal records.
it's the passport request letter that you submit...
As for copies of passport, you should have used the ones you took back after biometrics wink

As for hello, nairaland no get pisho grin , lol.

makylove101:
Aww it would have been nice to say hello. Thanks for updating on the requirements. It wasnt fun going back and forth cause I didnt make copies of the BVL and passport, lol.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cheapfone: 3:09am On Nov 07, 2019
pls can someone help me with the number to call
and the website to track. thanks alot submitted since September
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youngbilly1: 4:05am On Nov 07, 2019
Rijo02:

Well, that is sad to hear of all the conditions (esp. bank statements). Since you already know the solution, just try and work with it.

All the best!

thanks Rijo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by youngbilly1: 4:08am On Nov 07, 2019
Ozzz:
yes it's possible to fly back

but you will also consider economics....

Also staying back in Switzerland and using online application, but you need to verify if the websites are country specific, if yes, try digging for Nigeria's website.

then for passport submission, I believe it can be couriered, its just biometrics am not quite sure where you should do it.

These are just my thoughts ....

I will see what i can do. Thanks Ozzz. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (1098) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.