Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2318858 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (1099) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 5:04am On Nov 07, 2019
@cheapfone
So how many days now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:08am On Nov 07, 2019
From the recent trend, Online Applications seem more efficient in processing time and effective in terms of approvals, as compared to paper from mid year 2019, so if you are considering applying , you may want to try this route. (Please this is all my personal opinion, and can be wrong)

Documents submitted for Visit visa (online application)
Family/group application (3 people)
Primary Applicant:
*Travel history (shenghen, Valid US visa, S.A, etc)
*All border and visa stamps scanned in last 10yrs.
*Passport biopage
*forms filled, (family info IMM5645, use of fam rep. Imm5713,) since he has never been denied the optional form wasn't needed.
*Marriage certificate
*Digital photo according to requirements
*Purpose of travel( accomodation and flight booking 2weeks, Note: this two should complement each other, the day you land should be the day your accomodation booking starts, and the day you plan to check out should be your return or take off date. book return ticket oo, and you don't have to pay for these, they are dummy bookings)
*proof of relationship (my siblings birth certificate )
*Invitation letter (From my sibling, basically a letter of explanation inviting us to his graduation, attached with this is his study permit, transcript, school letter of completion, passport biopage)
*Proof of Funds (Note: in the invitation letter it was stated the primary applicant will sponsor us all) Bank letter showing no debts and funds are readily available, 6months Bank statement, 4months pay slip, letter of introduction from employer, treasury bills)
*Additional docs( one landed property, Family picture colour scanned labeling our names with a pen)
Spouse:
*Required forms were filled
*Credentials and id card scanned
*travel history (UK, West Africa)
*Visa and border stamps all scanned of last 10yrs
*Digital photo
Myself:
*Travel history (UK only grin)
*Digital photo
*Supporting docs, (personal landed property, credentials, birth certificate
Shikena.... cool

i was the representative, but dad was the primary applicant and sponsor, so mum and I didn't submit any account statement or proof of funds. The marriage certificate ties parents together and my birth certificate is the link to their union, My ties to naija seemed to be featherweight as compared to ties to canada and this is not good so I submitted my personal landed property. No letter of explanation was submitted from any of us, just my siblings invitation.

Hope this helps some one out there just as I got help here too.... my prayer is all those that applied here be favoured , Amen..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 8:00am On Nov 07, 2019
Hiya...yeah i know it's not for submission but they wanted to sight it. They practically insist you make a copy here. Maybe it's just different in Abuja. As for copies of passport, I totally forgot about that. Didn't think I would need to make copies this time.
Lol @no pishure...dont mind me jare
Ozzz:
Did you submit BVL ? BVL is not for submission oo, it's for our personal records.
it's the passport request letter that you submit...
As for copies of passport, you should have used the ones you took back after biometrics wink

As for hello, nairaland no get pisho grin , lol.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 8:04am On Nov 07, 2019
Hahaha...I'de rather bombard them with documents o! Trust me there are still some I forgot to mention like tax clearance certificates and my son's bank statement..crazy I know!
Ozzz:
Thankyou thankyou, my mind has calmed small grin
As for the visa office, I saw London on the letter.

Noted @background checks
I will share with the house documents submitted, funnily it's probably 1/4 of Makylove101's list grin

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2019
Hey, apparently I submitted @Lagos grin, so we couldn't have met as I initially thought undecided, Noted about BVL, it wasn't required here.

makylove101:
Hiya...yeah i know it's not for submission but they wanted to sight it. They practically insist you make a copy here. Maybe it's just different in Abuja. As for copies of passport, I totally forgot about that. Didn't think I would need to make copies this time.
Lol @no pishure...dont mind me jare
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:35am On Nov 07, 2019
grin chai, maybe you should raise CSE grin grin grin

makylove101:
Hahaha...I'de rather bombard them with documents o! Trust me there are still some I forgot to mention like tax clearance certificates and my son's bank statement..crazy I know!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cheapfone: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2019
jj17cv:
@cheapfone
So how many days now

59days today
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:09am On Nov 07, 2019
@cheapfone
Not due yet What stage your application now eligibility or background check
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by owo12: 11:14am On Nov 07, 2019
Hello everyone,
I intend to apply for visa. I dont know which visa to apply for between tourist and conference . I worked as sales executive earn 270k per month, i have Building property and land married with 4 kids. I traveled to UK five times on family visit visa and Saudi Arabia once. Now which option will I apply for. The conference intend to attend is coming up by 13/02/2020. But the time duration for processing is 72 days incase i didn't meet up with the conference day . This Is why i think I should apply for tourist. My salary account ia 3.2m now. Please kindly advice me and any suggestions.
Please I need your response all in the house
Thank all
I need your advice everybody in the house
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2019
NothingDoMe:
what is your purpose of visit? what do you do? where did you stay the last time you visited? how long would you be staying this time? why staying so long this time around? do you have family in Canada? would you be staying with them or a hotel? etc...............

Thanks so much..
So let me package myself then..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uwosom: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hi Ozzz, please did you apply as a dependent child? or how were you able to apply with your parents?

Thanks

Ozzz:
From the recent trend, Online Applications seem more efficient in processing time and effective in terms of approvals, as compared to paper from mid year 2019, so if you are considering applying , you may want to try this route. (Please this is all my personal opinion, and can be wrong)

Documents submitted for Visit visa (online application)
Family/group application (3 people)
Primary Applicant:
*Travel history (shenghen, Valid US visa, S.A, etc)
*All border and visa stamps scanned in last 10yrs.
*Passport biopage
*forms filled, (family info IMM5645, use of fam rep. Imm5713,) since he has never been denied the optional form wasn't needed.
*Marriage certificate
*Digital photo according to requirements
*Purpose of travel( accomodation and flight booking 2weeks, Note: this two should complement each other, the day you land should be the day your accomodation booking starts, and the day you plan to check out should be your return or take off date. book return ticket oo, and you don't have to pay for these, they are dummy bookings)
*proof of relationship (my siblings birth certificate )
*Invitation letter (From my sibling, basically a letter of explanation inviting us to his graduation, attached with this is his study permit, transcript, school letter of completion, passport biopage)
*Proof of Funds (Note: in the invitation letter it was stated the primary applicant will sponsor us all) Bank letter showing no debts and funds are readily available, 6months Bank statement, 4months pay slip, letter of introduction from employer, treasury bills)
*Additional docs( one landed property, Family picture colour scanned labeling our names with a pen)
Spouse:
*Credentials and id card scanned
*travel history (UK, West Africa)
*Digital photo
Myself:
*Travel history (UK only grin)
*Digital photo
*Supporting docs, (personal landed property, credentials, birth certificate
Shikena.... cool

i was the representative, but dad was the primary applicant and sponsor, so mum and I didn't submit any account statement or proof of funds. The marriage certificate ties parents together and my birth certificate is the link to their union, My ties to naija seemed to be featherweight as compared to ties to canada and this is not good so I submitted my personal landed property. No letter of explanation was submitted from any of us, just my siblings invitation.

Hope this helps some one out there just as I got help here too.... my prayer is all those that applied here be favoured , Amen..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

thanks to @Nothingdome for sharing the above link.

that tool above helps you apply as a group adding people, so that the application goes as a bundle.

As for applying as a dependent, there was no where stated , the only thing that could show I was dependent was dad sponsoring and probably same residential address shikena.

hope this helps @Uwosom

Uwosom:
Hi Ozzz, please did you apply as a dependent child? or how were you able to apply with your parents?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enishit: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ozzz:
Thanks so much Maky, can you imagine, I also submitted today, so that's how we probably passed ourselves grin without knowing.

I submitted all 3 passports, and yes no payment( for online application)

Let me share the requirements so that others people won't worry and search the whole internet like I did....

Docs required for passport submission

*Passport request letter
*Consent form
*application print out reciept issued after biometrics collection, attached with photocopy of passport biopage
Passport document

A yellow print out reciept will be issued to be used for collection.

Is it a new development not to pay because I submitted my passport on the 2nd of October and paid 10k for passport transmission to the embassy. This is an online application. This is in lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uwosom: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
O wow..Thank you. I always thought only dependent children (22 and below) could apply with parents.

Thanks again.

Ozzz:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

thanks to @Nothingdome for sharing the above link.

that tool above helps you apply as a group adding people, so that the application goes as a bundle.

As for applying as a dependent, there was no where stated , the only thing that could show I was dependent was dad sponsoring and probably same residential address shikena.

hope this helps @Uwosom

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Sorry about the refusal. Canadians and their love for purpose of visit sha. However i believe they have issues with her ties in Nigeria which may not be strong enough to discourage her from staying back with you in Canada.

Well i think this one is not home ties otherwise they would have stated it. She has three kids and her husband that are not coming with her. She is fully employed as an accountant -Federal job. She added leave letter. The reasons they gave is purpose of visit and travel history.

After much thought i think we didn't do justice with purpose of travel.

1. No itenery submitted or flight booking made
2. The only reason we gave was to visit for Christmas.
3. My brothers graduation is coming next April, i think she can use that as purpose of visit and this time we will be more specific by including itenery.
4. I thought I was already a guru in the house having helped many people but my inbility to help my sister is a humbling experience.
5. I appreciate this forum, it makes me more current on documents to submit.
6. I am waiting for her GCMS before looking for next step.
7. Her job and family are waiting for her so she has no reason to stay behind after visit, and I will
strongly oppose such attempt because it is not the right way at all.

Thanks again Nairalanders for your relentless support and empathy.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hotstepper(f): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
That she has a job and family back home does not mean she wont stay from their own perspective cuz alot of people has done it. Also, how attractive is her salary? They put all these into consideration plus ofcourse depending on who is handling the application .

So, do another application as you said with and be more detailed . Good luck

geotherm:

Well i think this one is not home ties otherwise they would have stated it. She has three kids and her husband that are not coming with her. She is fully employed as an accountant -Federal job. She added leave letter. The reasons they gave is purpose of visit and travel history.

After much thought i think we didn't do justice with purpose of travel.

1. No itenery submitted or flight booking made
2. The only reason we gave was to visit for Christmas.
3. My brothers graduation is coming next April, i think she can use that as purpose of visit and this time we will be more specific by including itenery.
4. I thought I was already a guru in the house having helped many people but my inbility to help my sister is a humbling experience.
5. I appreciate this forum, it makes me more current on documents to submit.
6. I am waiting for her GCMS before looking for next step.
7. Her job and family are waiting for her so she has no reason to stay behind after visit, and I will
strongly oppose such attempt because it is not the right way at all.

Thanks again Nairalanders for your relentless support and empathy.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
Guys any October AOR started eligibility review?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hi Ozzz congratulations on your visa... just wanted to ask if you are sure your eligibility review started on Oct 31st or you noticed it on that day?
Ozzz:
My fellow Nairalanders, good morning!

Family application visiting visa approved( I hope it means we were granted visa)

Day 49

Visa Office unknown !!! (maybe London, yet to confirm)

Online application

Application submission - Sept 17th
Biomeric collection letter - Sept 19th
Biometric done & Completed - Sept 23rd
Ghost update - Oct 17th ( since no update, thanking for my patience.)
Eligibility started - Oct 31st
BVL or Correspondence letter- Nov 04 (ghost update)
Original Passport Req. letter- Nov 04 (ghost update)

My people, our flight ticket, booking ticket including my brothers grad. have all elapsed during the processing time grin So obviously morale was low. I decided I wasn't even going to write them (IRCC) or complain to them, anything that happens, let it happen, but somehow i was just positive.
I was surprised to see double ghost updates yesterday evening. Infact I still dey fear cos.. my online cic account still showing processing for eligibility and background checks, but for final decision, showing approved.

Elders please is this Goodnews?

Secondly, how much am I to pay to submit 3 passports ?

Can I, the authorised representative of the application submit and collect passports on behalf of my parents ?

what's the duration of time to get back passports ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
@Angie32
eligibility started with a friend of mine submission October 12 without any update mail he just notice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
Enishit:

Is it a new development not to pay because I submitted my passport on the 2nd of October and paid 10k for passport transmission to the embassy. This is an online application. This is in lagos

Honestly I can't tell, what I know is my experience, I had to ask if I should pay at Stirling bank inside VFS, but the man on duty said no.

Although from November 2nd, they updated things but I am not aware if this was one of them.

How much was your online application fee? Mine was $470
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
Enishit:

true cos I know there was payment somewhere. I guess they've scraped it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Angie32:
Hi Ozzz congratulations on your visa... just wanted to ask if you are sure your eligibility review started on Oct 31st or you noticed it on that day?

Thanks Angie,
First of all, I personally noticed from this forum that updates on the dashboard in relation to the milestone the VO have gotten to, isn't consistent.

That being said, in my case, I checked on oct 30th, nothing changed, but on oct 31st, the write up under review of eligibility changed without any update... this is why I felt it started that day...

But another angle to it is from Oct 31st to 4th Nov, looks short to process the application "i guess", so maybe eligibility started when I had a ghost update on my mail on oct 17th, but it didn't reflect on the dashboard...

Anything is possible

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enishit: 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=Ozzz post=83831555]

Honestly I can't tell, what I know is my experience, I had to ask if I should pay at Stirling bank inside VFS, but the man on duty said no.

Although from November 2nd, they updated things but I am not aware if this was one of them.

How much was your online application fee? Mine was $470

I paid $100 (Canada dollar) I did biometric last year May so did not have to pay for another one. Thou my application was a renewer so I really don’t know.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Enishit:

Good day house just to update got back my passport on the 15th via UPS so it took roughly 8 working days.

@Enishit
where you given upto 4years visit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2019
Oh wow! Do you know your friends purpose of visit?
jj17cv:
@Angie32
eligibility started with a friend of mine submission October 12 without any update mail he just notice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2019
And in what day did he discover this?
Angie32:
Oh wow! Do you know your friends purpose of visit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by favoredgal: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2019
Hi guys,

how do you know if eligibility has started.

Pls see screenshot. i submitted 93 days ago.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2019
@favoredgirl your eligibility review has not started.. when did you submit?
favoredgal:
Hi guys,

how do you know if eligibility has started.

Pls see screenshot. i submitted 93 days ago.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2019
Wow! Thank you for the response. That was really fast! I am hoping for the best tho... mind if I ask what time you received the passport request and BVL and the interval between BVL and passport request?
Ozzz:

Thanks Angie,
First of all, I personally noticed from this forum that updates on the dashboard in relation to the milestone the VO have gotten to, isn't consistent.

That being said, in my case, I checked on oct 30th, nothing changed, but on oct 31st, the write up under review of eligibility changed without any update... this is why I felt it started that day...

But another angle to it is from Oct 31st to 4th Nov, looks short to process the application "i guess", so maybe eligibility started when I had a ghost update on my mail on oct 17th, but it didn't reflect on the dashboard...

Anything is possible
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by favoredgal: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Angie32:
@favoredgirl your eligibility review has not started.. when did you submit?

93 days ago
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enick: 11:53am On Nov 08, 2019
You need to send them a mail or call them. 93 days is obviously too long and way passed the stipulated date for visa application process.

favoredgal:

93 days ago

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cheapfone: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2019
pls help a brother with the website for tracking and also the number to call.

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (1099) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: maziemeka2024 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.