Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324413 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
Any Oct/Nov update BVL ,Approval and so on

@favoredgal

How far your application what new
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by favoredgal: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
jj17cv:
Any Oct/Nov update BVL ,Approval and so on

@favoredgal

How far your application what new

they responded to my email to be patient

noticed that eligibility started the day after

though my plans have changed, no longer plan to go to canada any time soon... i am considering withdrawing the application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Angie32: 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
@jj17cv sup! How bout your friend? Any news on BVL and PPR?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
@favoredgal

That is good news don't withdraw your application before this month runs out you will receive good News. This Cic too slow on application process

@Angie32

He said the eligibility reviews and background check still run know update yet since Nov 4 what about urs any news
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by makylove101: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
@favored gal, I would hate to think so. It didnt happen in my own case so am thinking that might not be it. But who knows.
favoredgal:
i noticed a lot of us with long application days that are still pending or recently denied have kids that were born in the US in common, maybe they think we are applying for canada as a hedge against the US denial/ renewal / fight against birth tourism.

Or the US has marked our names on their system for administrative questioning and Canada wants no part of the drama
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbemzow: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hello house, Update on my application
I just tracked my application now at the Vfs site and the passport is ready for pick up, I will rush there on Monday and update us on the outcome, other October applicants should track their applications.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cocobabe(f): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
Am sorry this may sound stupid but i have to ask
I recently started the visa application process for myself and my family however i cant find where to fill out forms for hubby and the kids.

Ive scanned a ton of documents but am i to upload them all together on the page where i am asked to upload? how do i fill and upload the various forms for my hubby and kids.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
@Gbemzow
Apart from BVL you don't receive final decision until you track your package for ready for pick up
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goldosa: 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
i will be willing to assist you, whatsapp on 7039502037
cocobabe:
Am sorry this may sound stupid but i have to ask
I recently started the visa application process for myself and my family however i cant find where to fill out forms for hubby and the kids.

Ive scanned a ton of documents but am i to upload them all together on the page where i am asked to upload? how do i fill and upload the various forms for my hubby and kids.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbemzow: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
@Jj17cv It is a paper application, I didn't receive any other update

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 1:10am On Nov 23, 2019
I will like to state this here and let's have our facts:

If you are denied Visa and you think you have solid documents and reasons to be given the visa, order for GCMS immediately and that will help you to seek for reconsideration or to appeal within a time frame of 60days.It better to have a copy of your GCMS and engage a lawyer who can advice. It is also better to apply for reconsideration of your application before apply.

If an analysis of your GCMS shows you cannot appeal or go for reconsideration then before reapplying, get each item corrected and state same item by item in your LOE.

If you have other countries rejection see a way to turn it to acceptance before applying for canada visa. These countries are having alot in common these days except Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2019
@henryvic,
You are very right, these countries UK, Canada, USA, am sure they share "intelligence".
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2019
@henyvic

Have you hear from cic after your BVL dropped
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 7:35am On Nov 23, 2019
I got a call from Vsf on Thursday telling me to bring my family information form, the guy that called me sked where I stay and I told him Osun State, he then sent me a mail where I should scan and send to them .
Please, is there any reason for this request because I have long submitted my application since 28th of October
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2019
@gboy2050
That must be paper route application right ...CIC demand for it either the form is missing or You don't fill it at all just make sure you sign befor scanning you have to do that ASAP .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2019
@Jj17cv

It was a paper route application, I guess the family info was missing as I filled all necessary part and I remembered submitting it too.
Thanks for the info, I signed and scanned back to the mail yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nasohian: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2019
Thanks
Please for point 3 clarification,is passport submitted same time biometric is done or you will be informed when to drop passport on a later date?
The day to drop is it flexible or fixed?
Can the passport be dropped at VFS by someone else or must be by applicant?
Ozzz:

@nasohian, you need to read this thread all answers are there. However
1. Currently processing time is 69days
2. Biometrics invite will come within 24 to 48hrs after submission, the earlier you do it the faster your application is attended to.
3.At biometrics collection and if your application is approved for stamping. Other times, you are with your passport.
4.15 days averagely but if fast, 8days.
Note: this is for online application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2019
makylove101:
To add to what @Ozz suggested. Is your daughter in school/creche? if yes, then also attach school fees receipts. Add tax clearance certificates. If you have insurance, health cards, pension statements etc. Then add that as well. Basically you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you will be back to Nigeria after your holiday especially since you are travelling with the whole family. Long story cut short, you need sufficient home ties. My personal opinion.

Hi@makylove101, thanks for the contribution.
No, I have yet to enroll her in a school as I plan to do that next year January. Will add d receipt when next I apply again.
For other documents you mentioned above, I will definitely add them too.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2019
makylove101:
@favored gal, I would hate to think so. It didnt happen in my own case so am thinking that might not be it. But who knows.
Yes it didn’t happen to you because you did the right thing. You sent the receipts of your US medical bills and got a medical insurance for your intended Canada visit.
Anyone who has an American child about 8 years and below and is applying from Nigeria should do the same to avoid rejection. It’s better to err on the side of caution.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2019
smiley[quote author=Ozzz post=84264099]@Kenny
First of, purpose of visit, financial ish, and family ties are all inter related. The fact that you are going for "vacation" with whole family without an invitation from a family member or friend over there makes your application mostly dependent on the strength of your families ties to nigeria. Assuming you had an invitation letter from family or friend in canada it would reduce the load or ties expected of you from Nigeria

Hell @Ozzz, thank you so much.... Your feedback is very detailed and I want to say God bless you and your family abundantly.

I have taken note of all you said above and will be well prepared when next I apply again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2019
smiley[quote author=Ozzz post=84264099]@Kenny
First of, purpose of visit, financial ish, and family ties are all inter related. The fact that you are going for "vacation" with whole family without an invitation from a family member or friend over there makes your application mostly dependent on the strength of your families ties to nigeria. Assuming you had an invitation letter from family or friend in canada it would reduce the load or ties expected of you from Nigeria

Hello@Ozzz, thank you so much.... Your feedback is very detailed and I want to say God bless you and your family abundantly.

I have taken note of all you said above and will be well prepared when next I apply again.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2019
kennyliza:

Hello @ty01, to answer your questions:-

1. I read you ticked yes about your husband’s refusal, but did you also tick yes for yourself as being denied a US visa in the past?-Yes, I did as I stated in d form that I have been denied uk and usa visa before

2. Did you include reasonable hospital bills for your daughter’s birth. Recall she’s still very young so they expect your bills should be accessible and may want assurance you didn’t take free medical treatment form their neighbour (US)- NO, I did not include the payment receipts and No we did not access their free medical treatment as paid in cash full

1. Good that you ticked yes.
2. Including payment receipts is the evidence that you have in your possession to prove that you did not access their free medical treatment. Recall I said ‘reasonable hospital bill’. If the amount on the receipt is too low, it may be deemed a part of it was paid from US tax payers fund.

In my opinion, your application is good and you stand a good chance of being granted the visa. My overall advise is that you should include a detailed cover note in your next application. State the reasons for your past refusals. UK will always state it, hence there’s no excuse that you don’t know it. Not that Canada does not have access to this info; you stating it upfront gives an indication of an open and transparent applicant. Also include copies of your US receipt. Give an indication of how much you paid and tell them the ones you attached are those you can find. Please get the gcms notes before you reapply.

All the best and come back to encourage others when you get the visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:17am On Nov 23, 2019
@ty01

My friend is worry how long this ppl are going to do this eligibility review the application since on the 4th of Nov
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ty01: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2019
jj17cv:
@ty01

My friend is worry how long this ppl are going to do this eligibility review the application since on the 4th of Nov
Please tell your friend to take it easy and learn from me. I used to check my account about 10 times a day and refresh email almost 5 minutes before now. Two days ago, my wife said I was just rolling up and down on the bed and talking about the Canada application in my sleep. After that episode, I told myself I would not let it bother me again, Habba, Canada na heaven ni??!!!. If they like they should eat it. Just that I would love to travel for Christmas, even if it’s Dubai.

To be honest I’m no longer optimistic about the application again sef. I didn’t include school receipt and health insurance card in the uploaded documents.

Fingers crossed, I’ll update the house anyhow it goes. Thanks again bro for always following up.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2019
ty01:

Please tell your friend to take it easy and learn from me. I used to check my account about 10 times a day and refresh email almost 5 minutes before now. Two days ago, my wife said I was just rolling up and down on the bed and talking about the Canada application in my sleep. After that episode, I told myself I would not let it bother me again, Habba, Canada na heaven ni??!!!. If they like they should eat it. Just that I would love to travel for Christmas, even if it’s Dubai.

To be honest I’m no longer optimistic about the application again sef. I didn’t include school receipt and health insurance card in the uploaded documents.

Fingers crossed, I’ll update the house anyhow it goes. Thanks again bro for always following up.

@ty01
grin cheesy grin, I like your style. I am hopeful nextweek won't pass you by. I don't know u sef like cold grin, as winter no be here ooo...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzz: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2019
jj17cv:
@ty01

It's December maximum

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hello, pls how did you go about the health authority confirmation? What did you do? Kindly help by responding. Thanks

uote author=Abubuyaya post=84219611]Awwww....bless you Ozzz for taking the time to look this through with me. I see the thought process you've shared and I'm giving them good consideration.

I applied for TRV since Sept 05 to have a baby. Got ADR last week to pay my bills upfront and upload health authority's confirmation that we've done so. Submitted on Thurs.

Had gone far with the TRV before a stroke of luck, changed it all and put us back on EE pool with good score, and then ITA. We're ready to submit and just wondered if having both applications violate any IRCC rules.

A decision can't be far away. Will wait a little longer and then take a decision

Thanks again

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennyliza: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
ty01:

1. Good that you ticked yes.
2. Including payment receipts is the evidence that you have in your possession to prove that you did not access their free medical treatment. Recall I said ‘reasonable hospital bill’. If the amount on the receipt is too low, it may be deemed a part of it was paid from US tax payers fund.

In my opinion, your application is good and you stand a good chance of being granted the visa. My overall advise is that you should include a detailed cover note in your next application. State the reasons for your past refusals. UK will always state it, hence there’s no excuse that you don’t know it. Not that Canada does not have access to this info; you stating it upfront gives an indication of an open and transparent applicant. Also include copies of your US receipt. Give an indication of how much you paid and tell them the ones you attached are those you can find. Please get the gcms notes before you reapply.

All the best and come back to encourage others when you get the visa.

Hi @ty01, thank you for the suggestions, have taken note and will definitely add all d documents in my next application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awani007(m): 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2019
[quote author=Lessonnn post=77438043][/quote]Bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by henryvic: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hi @jj17cv it came out the next day and successful.It for a friend coming in as a business investor
jj17cv:
@henyvic

Have you hear from cic after your BVL dropped

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Franeby: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
Hello everyone, pls i have a question.. so my agent filled my application(which i now know i should have done myself). I joined Nairaland not too long ago.

Heres my dilenma. I asked her recently to forward me d soft copy of the application so i can go through it and then i observed where they asked if uve ever been denied a visa or entry into any country before, she filled no. but in my case in 2008/9, i applied for a student visa to the US. upon my interview, d consular asked me to go get some documentation i didnt have at the time from my school and reapply but i never went back to the embassy because by the time, i got the info, my life had progressed here in Nigeria so i was no longer intrested.

I applied for my Canadian visa, August 7th, got a mail October 30th asking me to make formal payment arrangement with a canadian health authority and revert, which i have done and waiting for their reply.

Realising this error in my application- pls what do u advise i do? i will really appreciate your response..

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: our9ja, cletz991(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.