Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325964 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omotapeju: 8:57am On Jan 14, 2020
Good morning Guys,

You are doing a great job here, i am a Nigerian student currently in a film production school in south Africa on a 3 years study permit for a year program . i will love to travel to canada for visit and also use the opportunity to check for any film and entertainment production school while on vacation for possibly consideration after my program in south africa.

I have a registered company here in south Africa and can source for fund to cover my trip, i will love to know
1)can i apply from south africa

Please i am a novice and i will appreciate if you can give me the information that will aid my visa collection.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abeniagbon(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2020
Can someone apply for visit visa to Canada without without travel history and with 900K acct balance . Just asking
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 9:25am On Jan 14, 2020
@abeniagbon

That amount is too low without travel history don't waste ur visa fees try Dubia or South African first ......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 10:29am On Jan 14, 2020
what u will get is Not Financially stable
abeniagbon:
Can someone apply for visit visa to Canada without without travel history and with 900K acct balance . Just asking
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2020
Candybright:

That is it. Since you've paid, send a web form informing them of the mistake. If not, your application will be a very fast one and of course a refusal. They no dey play with that 2b question o especially if it's U.S refusal

The web form is it an updated imm5257 form that has been corrected ?
Where do I send or direct it to please see attachment of different cic emails

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:41am On Jan 14, 2020
yomisley:

The web form is it an updated imm5257 form that has been corrected ?
Where do I send or direct it to please see attachment of different cic emails
Just go to their website and search webform London of its London that's handling your application. Or just Google it
Fill with correct UCI and application number cos thats what will make them easily locate your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2020
I just got this email now from cic. “We sent you a message about your application to your account.

To read your message:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
3. Scroll down to the Messages about your application section.
4. Click on the Subject of the new message to read it.

I saw start again can I start again and upload necessary document and information that was omitted. It’s was an oversight Please advice house I don’t know what to do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abeniagbon(m): 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
pufframmy:
what u will get is Not Financially stable

If I have 4million Maura statement
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
abeniagbon:

If I have 4million Maura statement

Canada place an important weight on travel history in accessing your visit visa application ,especially if your travel reason is not for family visit ...you have not visited even Ghana or uk or usa or any eu and you wake up and decide Canada is your tourist destination ,you are highly likely to be refused even with 50 million in your account

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Maymai:

Please can you tell me how long it took for you to receive the passport after you got the request letter and sent it in?

Thank you

from my own experience my father submitted is passport on Monday and was told to come back after 2 weeks but by Thursday night ..i have a ghost update from cic and l check his online application and i see the line for Document Status with document counterfoil ..so i track the application on vfs website and it passport status updated ..so l contact the vfs on Friday morning and l was told the passport is available for collection and it was picked up on Friday and visa issued

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yomisley: 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Is it this same address I will get captured. 4 Anifowoshe St., Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
yomisley:
Is it this same address I will get captured. 4 Anifowoshe St., Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria?

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

With effect from 02 November 2019, prior appointment is mandatory for biometric enrolment at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Nigeria.

Lagos
Address
Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

but you can go there if space available maybe they allow you but i did all online and book time and date and l get the bio metric appointment along
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
We submitted on the 23rd of December, received it on the 13th, yesterday via courier. The delay was probably due to the holidays in between and also courier distance from Lagos to Calabar.
Maymai:

Please can you tell me how long it took for you to receive the passport after you got the request letter and sent it in?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by safetyman: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Echinedu1:

Canada place an important weight on travel history in accessing your visit visa application ,especially if your travel reason is not for family visit ...you have not visited even Ghana or uk or usa or any eu and you wake up and decide Canada is your tourist destination ,you are highly likely to be refused even with 50 million in your account

Talk what you know ..not what you don't know. You can travel for the first time and get a VISA. You can also travel to the 7 continents and still be refused a visa. Everything depends on your paper work, purpose and genuine reason for the trip.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
safetyman:

Talk what you know ..not what you don't know. You can travel for the first time and get a VISA. You can also travel to the 7 continents and still be refused a visa. Everything depends on your paper work, purpose and genuine reason for the trip.

Well,if you have no travel experience CANADA will refuse your TOURIST VISA...usa,uk or eu may give you visa but CANADA WILL REFUSE YOUR TOURIST VISA,am not talking about family visit ,or business or student visa...TOURIST VISA I MEAN..so read my comment again for better understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
abeniagbon:
Yes you can apply but your chance to get the visa is very slim because you don't have travel history and
again your account balance is low.

You can give it a try, we never know
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:01am On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=safetyman post=85773144]Hi Guys,

Just a quick one. If i have a US B2 Visa & given an admission to study in Canada. Will canadian Inmmigration grant me student visa? P.S: I'm currently in US. I would appreciate responses to enable me pay my tuition. thanks[/quote
They will give it to you if you can convince them through your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abeniagbon(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

Yes you can apply but your chance to get the visa is very slim because you don't have travel history and
again your account balance is low.

You can give it a try, we never know

Adding Ghana and Abu Dhabi to travel history hope this could help with statement of 3million and lot of vacation centre paid for with in country flight schedule, I guess with this could help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2020
@abeniagbon
This ppl like travel history a lot I notice if you can trave to 6 to 7 countries in next 8months you will be fine like Uk ,Dubia ,france,Singapore ,Ghana ,south Africa once u get schengen visa u get easy turkey visa ....even USA go grant u once USA grant u Canada na easy going build ur travel history first don't think about the money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maymai: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
Echinedu1:

from my own experience my father submitted is passport on Monday and was told to come back after 2 weeks but by Thursday night ..i have a ghost update from cic and l check his online application and i see the line for Document Status with document counterfoil ..so i track the application on vfs website and it passport status updated ..so l contact the vfs on Friday morning and l was told the passport is available for collection and it was picked up on Friday and visa issued

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maymai: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Newmum0615:
We submitted on the 23rd of December, received it on the 13th, yesterday via courier. The delay was probably due to the holidays in between and also courier distance from Lagos to Calabar.

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2020
Maymai:

Thank you
I submitted on 10th January and still waiting. Tracking says passport is being processed at the embassy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
safetyman:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one. If i have a US B2 Visa & given an admission to study in Canada. Will canadian Inmmigration grant me student visa? P.S: I'm currently in US. I would appreciate responses to enable me pay my tuition. thanks

If I understood your question correctly - Do you want to know if you can apply for a Canadian study permit from the US while on B2 or you just want to say that you already have a B2 in your passport but haven't traveled with it? If it is the former, you can't do that as B2 doesn't give you "right of residence" in the US. Whereas if you just have a B2 visa without having traveled to the US, my guess is that it depends on the VO's discretion. While it doesn't prove a travel history (as you haven't gone for the journey and returned), a VO can use that to prove that you (your application) can be "trusted" since the US had given you a visa.

All of the above are just my views!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by safetyman: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Rijo02:

If I understood your question correctly - Do you want to know if you can apply for a Canadian study permit from the US while on B2 or you just want to say that you already have a B2 in your passport but haven't traveled with it? If it is the former, you can't do that as B2 doesn't give you "right of residence" in the US. Whereas if you just have a B2 visa without having traveled to the US, my guess is that it depends on the VO's discretion. While it doesn't prove a travel history (as you haven't gone for the journey and returned), a VO can use that to prove that you (your application) can be "trusted" since the US had given you a visa.

All of the above are just my views!!!

I dont have to tell the canada VO of my current location. If the student visa is approved that means i'd return to 9ja & leave from here right?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aisha90: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Good evening my good people.Please what can be used to show proof of relationship for a friend.This is part of the dicunents required for the online application. I chose "visit" as purpose of travel because i will be staying with my friend and she will be writing an invitation letter as well.Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 3:26am On Jan 16, 2020
safetyman:

I dont have to tell the canada VO of my current location. If the student visa is approved that means i'd return to 9ja & leave from here right?

Canada and usa share visa applicant data base information,so you need to tell the truth about your location because the canada vo already know you are in the usa and you can apply in the usa and if ur visa is approved you can fly directly to canada.. i know a man that apply from usa on a b1/b2 visa and his canada application was granted and he came directly to canada fron usa and return to nigeria from canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 3:29am On Jan 16, 2020
Aisha90:
Good evening my good people.Please what can be used to show proof of relationship for a friend.This is part of the dicunents required for the online application. I chose "visit" as purpose of travel because i will be staying with my friend and she will be writing an invitation letter as well.Thank you

A Photo of u together with a letter explaining ur friendship ..when u met and where and how long you been friends that good enough
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 5:42am On Jan 16, 2020
Please question:
Bro has a history of arrest due to some serious misunderstanding. Someone took him to court. He was charged to court and the case was dismissed because the accuser refused to show up to court.

Now I know that the question will show up in the application when I start his application. I am wondering if I should lie about it since the case was dismissed and closed like I said.

Do the VOs actually verify this police charge thing? In Nigeria, we do a lot of things on paper not online. How can this be detected?
I mean he can go and do a police check certificate and submit with his application to be on a safer side right?

Would like to read people's thought about this please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2020
Jewel80:
Please question:
Bro has a history of arrest due to some serious misunderstanding. Someone took him to court. He was charged to court and the case was dismissed because the accuser refused to show up to court.

Now I know that the question will show up in the application when I start his application. I am wondering if I should lie about it since the case was dismissed and closed like I said.

Do the VOs actually verify this police charge thing? In Nigeria, we do a lot of things on paper not online. How can this be detected?
I mean he can go and do a police check certificate and submit with his application to be on a safer side right?

Would like to read people's thought about this please.
It depends on the type of questions asked. Normally you answer yes to any criminal related question only if you have been convicted of any crime.

Be that as it may, I think you should paste specific questions being asked here for us to analyze. Personally speaking, I don’t think there’s any cause for alarm since he wasn’t convicted. This is my personal opinion without any prejudice.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by safetyman: 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Cool. thank you
Echinedu1:

Canada and usa share visa applicant data base information,so you need to tell the truth about your location because the canada vo already know you are in the usa and you can apply in the usa and if ur visa is approved you can fly directly to canada.. i know a man that apply from usa on a b1/b2 visa and his canada application was granted and he came directly to canada fron usa and return to nigeria from canada

That's what i want to know if its possible. thanks bro
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
safetyman:

Still from my experience applying for a study permit from the US, you have to show evidence of residence from the country you are applying from. In my case, I showed my I-20. I don't have the knowledge (and also don't believe) that b1/b2 can be used as such too!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Rijo02: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
Echinedu1:

Anybody can apply for a visa only from anywhere. Are you saying he can apply as a resident in the US? Did you imply that the person you know that was in the US with b1/b2 visa applied as a resident of the US or the person applied online and the application was treated like every other Nigerian applying from Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.