Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2310512 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifeoluwakintan: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
Congratulations for your mum approval.

Please i need advise on how to process this application for my parents.

Thank you.

Amakaota:
Hi guys,

My mum's application got approved today. Wanted to share the timeline to encourage someone.

Docs submitted were, 6 months bank statement of hubby, I and our joint account.
Invitation letter, we stated that we were sponsoring her and she was coming to see her grandkids.
My Birth certificate.
I and hubby's pr cards.
Letter from her employer stating that she has 2 month leave starting January 20th.
Flight itinerary.
The application was simple and straight to the point, she has no travel history too.

Application was submitted Nov 4th. Biometrics request was same day.
Biometrics was done Nov 12th.
Jan 13th, we got request letter for host source of income and we sent that of I and hubby. We didn't include it initially cos hubby felt our account statement was enough.
Jan 17th, acknowledgment of receipt of sources of income and correspondence letter 2 hours later.
Jan 18th, PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifeoluwakintan: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
If it is same day connecting flight, he doesn't need a UK visa.

Newmum0615:
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this on. I want to book my dad's flight from Nigeria to Canada and I am seeing a good price for my dates with British Airways, does anyone know if he will need UK visa if he is not connecting to a different airport in the UK. I don't want to enter one chance abeg.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifeoluwakintan: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
Regarding foodstuff, BA is friendly and accommodating in that regards.
You can carry foodstuff comfortably without issues.

Newmum0615:
Thank you. Do you know if they allow foodstuff in checked in luggage?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifeoluwakintan: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hello Bigfido,

Could you please guide me on the best way to submit an application on behalf of my parents.
They are pensioners.
I would like them to visit my family and I.
Which application should it be supervisa or what?
They only intend to visit for 3 weeks max hence i don't see the need for Supervisa.
What do you think?
Do i need their statement of account?
Thank you for your feedback.

bigfido:

I am a PR. Docs submitted
letter of invitation
letter explaining her purpose of visit and where she would be going to during her visit
her statement of account which didn't have any money tangible in it.. I think she had 120k or so
a letter stating she is a homemaker/ she doesn't work
virgin passport
birth certificate showing she is my mum
my PR card

That's all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifeoluwakintan: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Could someone please share a sample of the invitation letter?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Anu
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
Thank you!
ifeoluwakintan:
Regarding foodstuff, BA is friendly and accommodating in that regards.
You can carry foodstuff comfortably without issues.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zambezi2020: 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

Paper submission and Biometrics: 5th December 2019
Linking paper to online account: 10th December 2019
BVL mail: 15th January 2020 (after 5weeks, 6days of submission)
Approval mail/update: 20th January 2020
Passport Dispatch mail: 21st January 2020
Passport receipt at vfs: 21st January 2020
Passport "ready for collection mail: 21st January 2020(after 6 weeks, 5 days of Submission)

Documents submitted:
Documents were submitted with descriptive headings with attachments labelled accordingly.( I learnt this from one post in the first 30 pages of this thread, God bless d poster)
Attachment 1: Purpose of visit
Letter of invite from cousin in Canada plus PR card and Utility Bill
Attachment 2: Proof of work in Nigeria
i)Letter of introduction from workplace showing total emolument and other vital details
ii)Leave Advice
iii)Employment letter
iv) Confirmation Letter
v) Appraisal letter
vi) work ID card copy
Attachment 3: Itinerary
i)Flight Bookings (no payment made)
ii) Hotel bookings (no payment made)
Attachment 4: Sufficient fund proof
i) 7 months payslip
ii) Bank account statements plus cover letter
iii) tax Clearance cert
Attachment 5: ties to Nigeria
i) picture of family members plus parents
ii) apartment rental receipt
iii) utility Bills
iv) car receipt plus insurance, proof of ownership, drivers licence)
Attachment 6: past travels
i) past visas photocopy
ii) past entry/exit stamps
Attachment 7: Intl passport description of new and old passports , I.e. travels on new and old passports
Attachment 8: Others
My CV
My academic certificates
I read all 300+ pages and I learnt that it's better to "over submit" documents than "under submit" hence the CV and certificate inclusion.

Total no of days for Submission and visa approval is 48 days.
I hope this helps someone.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
you do other good with this info you share keep it up
make Enjoy your stay in canada
Zambezi2020:
Hello everyone,

Passport "ready for collection mail: 21st January 2020(after 6 weeks, 5 days of Submission)

Documents submitted:
Documents were submitted with descriptive headings with attachments labelled accordingly.( I learnt this from one post in the first 30 pages of this thread, God bless d poster)
i)Letter of introduction from workplace showing total emolument and other vital details
ii)Leave Advice
iii)Employment letter
iv) Confirmation Letter
v) Appraisal letter
vi) work ID card copy
i) 7 months payslip
iii) tax Clearance cert
iii) utility Bills
i) past visas photocopy
Attachment 7: Intl passport description of new and old passports , I.e. travels on new and old passports
My CV
My academic certificates
I read all 300+ pages and I learnt that it's better to "over submit" documents than "under submit" hence the CV and certificate inclusion.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
Best advice is to order GCMS.

Maybe your application was not compelling enough. Did you submit:
1. Purpose of visit: Detailed travel Itenery of your activities during your stay in Canada to take care of purpose of visit. Flight summary - booked flight, specified dates corresponding to your leave. Did ypur invitation letter clearly state date of entry and return, where you are going to stay, or do you have hotel booked. If you will be hosted by your cousin, did they attach financial documents staring they will host you and take of you?

2. Home ties: is your job high paying enogh to make you return? Do you have properties in Nigeria (land and house)? Are you married or/and have kids waiting for you in Nigeria? Their birth certificate and support letter from spouse will suffice. It looks like your family ties is in Canada is stronger than ones in Nigeria. You have to prove otherwise.

3.Write a solid explanation letter explaining each document. Remember Leave letter on its own is not an explanation of your purpose of visit neither is invitation letter. You have to show a table of itenery of your day to day activities and cost while you are in Canada. Whoever is inviting you must have invitation satisfying the following as stated on IRCC Website:

You must include this information about the person you are inviting:

complete name,

date of birth,

address and telephone number,

your relationship to the person,

the purpose of the trip,

how long the person plans to stay in Canada,

where the person will stay, and how he or she will pay for things, and

when the person plans to leave Canada.

You must include this information about yourself:

complete name,

date of birth,

address and telephone number in Canada,

job title,

whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,

a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as

a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,

a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or

a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,

Boller:
Hello House,
I got a final decision letter today and my visa was refused.
What did you think I did wrong or I did not do. I submitted my application on Dec 23, Biometric same day. I include the following in my application. My employment letter. My leave letter for April 2020, My salary account with 2.3m and another account with 7m, invitation letter from my cousin with 3 of his paycheques. my marriage Certificate. Then I have a valid US visa to be expired in Sep, 2020. And I have travelled to Saudi 2016 and US 2018.

Here is the content of the letter. What do you think I should do next?

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
+
+
+
+
+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,
IRCC Nairobi
High Commission of Canada to Kenya
www.cic.gc.ca

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mosky47: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 6:50am On Jan 24, 2020
Good day, I applied for TRV is 2017 but was refused. Do I have to pay for another biometrics? I want to reapply now as I will be visiting the US in June.
Also, for paper route application, is it walk in and submit or prior appointment must be made?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Africankel(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2020
babs4all:
Good day, I applied for TRV is 2017 but was refused. Do I have to pay for another biometrics? I want to reapply now as I will be visiting the US in June.
Also, for paper route application, is it walk in and submit or prior appointment must be made?

Your biometrics is valid for 10 years. You don't have to pay for biometrics till 2027.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
I just checked processing time 80 days that's on the high side. What month are they in now, in terms of decision made?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hello house. If an applicant applies for TRV through the online method instead of the paper based system, does he need to attach his passport photograph according to the specifications or does he wait to be called for biometrics? Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2020
My wife's paper application as been on process since October 2019, today makes it 88days..I am thinking of recalling back the application since it has passed the average processing time, she needs to travel to Dubai next month, how soon can she get the passport back after stopping the application and what are the process in doing so.your swift response will be appreciated.
Thanks .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ishowleck: 7:14am On Jan 25, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders...

I need someone to advise me on this pls.
I'm planning to apply for a Visitation visa to Canada through an agency here in Nigeria, with the hope of working when I get to Canada. I asked the agent and he told me the main issue is the visa, that once the visa is been granted the work permit is minimal (i.e nothing to worry about). And from what I've been reading here I'm a bit confused, so I need someone to help me put more light.

Is it possible to get a work permit with a visiting visa either when someone gets to Canada or before going to Canada?

I'm a graphics designer and I work for myself..A registered business with a business account.

I'm looking forward to get the best response from anyone with the experience...

Thank you in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 7:28am On Jan 25, 2020
ishowleck:
Good morning Nairalanders...

I need someone to advise me on this pls.
I'm planning to apply for a Visitation visa to Canada through an agency here in Nigeria, with the hope of working when I get to Canada. I asked the agent and he told me the main issue is the visa, that once the visa is been granted the work permit is minimal (i.e nothing to worry about). And from what I've been reading here I'm a bit confused, so I need someone to help me put more light.

Is it possible to get a work permit with a visiting visa either when someone gets to Canada or before going to Canada?

I'm a graphics designer and I work for myself..A registered business with a business account.

I'm looking forward to get the best response from anyone with the experience...

Thank you in advance.

Let not the agent decieve you ..you cannot work with a visit visa in canada unless you claim aslyum which is now even more difficult but as a graphic designer please look at the canada federal skill worker program it can be of great benefit to you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ishowleck: 7:51am On Jan 25, 2020
Echinedu1:

Let not the agent decieve you ..you cannot work with a visit visa in canada unless you claim aslyum which is now even more difficult but as a graphic designer please look at the canada federal skill worker program it can be of great benefit to you.

Thank you so much for this, God bless you.
In other words do you mean a work permit can not be issued on visiting visa?

���
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abbyode(m): 8:04am On Jan 25, 2020
ishowleck:

Thank you so much for this, God bless you.
In other words do you mean a work permit can not be issued on visiting visa?

���
It’s tough!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
Has anyone received IP2= "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." a day after submitting an application. Though it refused before?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by harry41: 1:51am On Jan 26, 2020
Hello Everyone, please I intend to apply for a super visa for my mum. I have been reading the requirements online that I have to submit to sponsor her. I don’t understand the low income cut off part. What do I need to submit for that and other documents required for this process? Many thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 6:53am On Jan 26, 2020
My mum has previously been denied Visa to enter U.S. She has been denied 3 times. How much details should I include in her application to visit Canada. Should I focus on her reason for denial on the 3rd recent refusal? Or all of them? The other two was a long time ago and we don't know reason for refusal for those ones. Also, aside the reason for refusal, what other detail should I include? Thanks guys!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mabadejesunday(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Zambezi2020:
Hello everyone,

Documents submitted:
ii)Leave Advice
iii)Employment letter
iv) Confirmation Letter
v) Appraisal letter
vi) work ID card copy
i) 7 months payslip
iii) tax Clearance cert
iii) utility Bills
i) past visas photocopy
My CV
My academic certificates

Congrats bro.

I’m about to submit a visit visa app to attend a cousin’s wedding. He gave me wedding invitation already. His elder brother also gave me invitation letter stating that he will provide housing and food for me. Please how did you respond to the questions below:

1- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident? (IRCC defines this as spouse or common law partner or children

2- Considering that I have a letter from the elder brother to provide housing and food, how do I respond to the question- Do you depend on someone for financial support?

Please I will appreciate opinion from other gurus in the house as well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Boller: 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
Thanks so much for your time and information. What do you mean by order GCMS?

quote author=geotherm post=86045138]Best advice is to order GCMS.

Maybe your application was not compelling enough. Did you submit:
1. Purpose of visit: Detailed travel Itenery of your activities during your stay in Canada to take care of purpose of visit. Flight summary - booked flight, specified dates corresponding to your leave. Did ypur invitation letter clearly state date of entry and return, where you are going to stay, or do you have hotel booked. If you will be hosted by your cousin, did they attach financial documents staring they will host you and take of you?

2. Home ties: is your job high paying enogh to make you return? Do you have properties in Nigeria (land and house)? Are you married or/and have kids waiting for you in Nigeria? Their birth certificate and support letter from spouse will suffice. It looks like your family ties is in Canada is stronger than ones in Nigeria. You have to prove otherwise.

3.Write a solid explanation letter explaining each document. Remember Leave letter on its own is not an explanation of your purpose of visit neither is invitation letter. You have to show a table of itenery of your day to day activities and cost while you are in Canada. Whoever is inviting you must have invitation satisfying the following as stated on IRCC Website:

You must include this information about the person you are inviting:

complete name,

date of birth,

address and telephone number,

your relationship to the person,

the purpose of the trip,

how long the person plans to stay in Canada,

where the person will stay, and how he or she will pay for things, and

when the person plans to leave Canada.

You must include this information about yourself:

complete name,

date of birth,

address and telephone number in Canada,

job title,

whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,

a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as

a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,

a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or

a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
[quote author=Boller post=86124095]Thanks so much for your time and information. What do you mean by order GCMS?

it is access to information act that enables you to see more detailed info on how they arrived at the decision to deny your application. You will see visa officer's note and recommendation. For more info -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
Mabadejesunday:

Congrats bro.

I’m about to submit a visit visa app to attend a cousin’s wedding. He gave me wedding invitation already. His elder brother also gave me invitation letter stating that he will provide housing and food for me. Please how did you respond to the questions below:

1- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident? (IRCC defines this as spouse or common law partner or children. No, based on the info you gave, you don't have a family member.

2- Considering that I have a letter from the elder brother to provide housing and food, how do I respond to the question- Do you depend on someone for financial support? Do you have a job in Nigeria or do you depend on your invitee for financial support like monthly stipend etc. It is a straightforward question

Please I will appreciate opinion from other gurus in the house as well.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
Apply for GCMS - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

You need to know the reason rather than applying without knowing the actual reasons for denial.

Jewel80:
My mum has previously been denied Visa to enter U.S. She has been denied 3 times. How much details should I include in her application to visit Canada. Should I focus on her reason for denial on the 3rd recent refusal? Or all of them? The other two was a long time ago and we don't know reason for refusal for those ones. Also, aside the reason for refusal, what other detail should I include? Thanks guys!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2020
geotherm:
Apply for GCMS - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

You need to know the reason rather than applying without knowing the actual reasons for denial.

Gcms will not show reason for usa visa refuse ..it about canada application so if you never apply canada visa previously it impossible to order gcms note without a case number because of usa refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jewel80:

Just state she was refuse usa visa 3 times..that good enough,the canada visa will see it on the system but focus more why she want to come to canada for a visit and attach neccessary proof of financial and tie to home country

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
Sorry about that, it was a mix up, I thought she was denied Canadian visa 3x.

Echinedu1:

Gcms will not show reason for usa visa refuse ..it about canada application so if you never apply canada visa previously it impossible to order gcms note without a case number because of usa refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
Awesome, thanks!
Echinedu1:

Just state she was refuse usa visa 3 times..that good enough,the canada visa will see it on the system but focus more why she want to come to canada for a visit and attach neccessary proof of financial and tie to home country
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dyce101(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Zambezi2020:
Hello everyone,

Documents submitted:
ii)Leave Advice
iii)Employment letter
iv) Confirmation Letter
v) Appraisal letter
vi) work ID card copy
i) 7 months payslip
iii) tax Clearance cert
iii) utility Bills
i) past visas photocopy
My CV
My academic certificates

Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Kelvinarsenal, Lynoverse(m), fisayo02(m), Ephenzy, Honora24 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.