Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2310619 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tizu(m): 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
My younger brother , 47 a trained welder, working with our state ministry of Works wants to travel to Canada. He has a recent Virgin passport with no travel history.
What Visa type should he apply for and what documents should he prepare for.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Tizu:
My younger brother , 47 a trained welder, working with our state ministry of Works wants to travel to Canada. He has a recent Virgin passport with no travel history.
What Visa type should he apply for and what documents should he prepare for.
Thanks.

Firstly ,what is main motive for canada travel as a tourist,to visit friend and family or study or conference or work .what specifically is the main travel reason? Then you can be advice on what visa category needed to apply and what are is chances
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tizu(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2020
Echinedu1:

Firstly ,what is main motive for canada travel as a tourist,to visit friend and family or study or conference or work .what specifically is the main travel reason? Then you can be advice on what visa category needed to apply and what are is chances

Thank you.
it is for work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:54am On Jan 27, 2020
Tizu:

Thank you.
it is for work.

Then who is inviting him for work and if he has nobody then he need to look at the Canada work skill program
economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- Federal Skilled Trades Program,
- Canadian Experience Class,
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
this are good channel to immigrate to Canada and a trained welder with right qualification will be useful in Canada and so many resource and material in nairaland and ways to do things urself without any agent

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jewel80(f): 3:07am On Jan 27, 2020
Please what address should I address my letters to? I am applying online though
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2020
Jewel80:
Please what address should I address my letters to? I am applying online though

Canadian High Commission
4 Anifowoshe street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 10:56am On Jan 27, 2020
We applied for a Canadian tourist visa,and was submitted on paper on the 7th of January 2020,on the same day we had biometrics..how long did it take you to get AOR from the Canadian office..because we haven’t received any email nor AOR till now! Gurus in he house pls tell me what happened?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zambezi2020: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
Mabadejesunday:

Congrats bro.

I’m about to submit a visit visa app to attend a cousin’s wedding. He gave me wedding invitation already. His elder brother also gave me invitation letter stating that he will provide housing and food for me. Please how did you respond to the questions below:

1- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident? (IRCC defines this as spouse or common law partner or children

2- Considering that I have a letter from the elder brother to provide housing and food, how do I respond to the question- Do you depend on someone for financial support?

Please I will appreciate opinion from other gurus in the house as well.

Sorry I am just replying to your question, I have been busy .
For Question 1:
What the VO wants to know is if you have a partner/wife or children that are citizens or PR of Canada.
If none, the answer is no...your cousin is not your child/partner ( by IRCC definition)
Q2:
If your cousin/his brother is sponsoring you or footing your bill towards the travel/while you'd be with them, then it means you are dependent on him for financial support for the trip.

Please Note:
The invite letter from your cousin must show if you are sponsoring yourself or if he is sponsoring you, also
feeding, accommodation, moving around...and how you are related to him...

That's d much I know, other knowledgeable members can chip in one or two things. All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zambezi2020: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
dyce101:

Congratulations

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
tellalexander:
We applied for a Canadian tourist visa,and was submitted on paper on the 7th of January 2020,on the same day we had biometrics..how long did it take you to get AOR from the Canadian office..because we haven’t received any email nor AOR till now! Gurus in he house pls tell me what happened?

AOR is an acronym that stands for the term “Acknowledgment Of Receipt”. An AOR indicates that the Canadian consulate, embassy, or high commission, has received your application for permanent residency and has issued a case file number for the application submitted..and you submitted for a tourist visa so AOR is not for you ...if you want to see more update and progress on your paper application ,Link Your paper based application to your Online account.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thank you..I am a little bit confused,I just tried to link my paper application to an online application and I saw this while trying to create an account.We are 4 that applied as a family,should I fill in only one applicant name and create the account,or I fill in everyone’s name,or I create different account differently for each and everyone of us..Confused! Pls gurus in the house help me

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2020
tellalexander:
Thank you..I am a little bit confused,I just tried to link my paper application to an online application and I saw this while trying to create an account.We are 4 that applied as a family,should I fill in only one applicant name and create the account,or I fill in everyone’s name,or I create different account differently for each and everyone of us..Confused! Pls gurus in the house help me

Fill in the main applicant name only since it a family application other family member will show up in the application account online ..that good enough

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
gboy2050:
My wife's paper application as been on process since October 2019, today makes it 88days..I am thinking of recalling back the application since it has passed the average processing time, she needs to travel to Dubai next month, how soon can she get the passport back after stopping the application and what are the process in doing so.your swift response will be appreciated.
Thanks .

Someone should please help with the above ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2020
We applied for a Canada visitor visa(family) on the 7th of January,paper based application and biometric on the same day till now I have not recieved any mail from IRCC about our application been processed,what happened? And I tried linking my paper based to online account,it was successful but on my profile it was showing;No data available. What is wrong or what happened! Gurus in the house pls explain to me? Why do you think IRCC didn’t send me a mail??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
what date is the proposed trip?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by caseynewnn: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2020
Temas:

The attached does not really give an insight to whether or not a decision will be made soon. my Mum Application portal shows same. though no "GHost" update yet. Our mums application has same timeline.
Hello Temas,please i DM you.please accept.Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gboy2050: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
tellalexander:
what date is the proposed trip?

December 15th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 11:03pm On Jan 27, 2020
caseynewnn:

Hello Temas,please i DM you.please accept.Thank you

Done.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by caseynewnn: 12:36am On Jan 28, 2020
Temas:

Done.

please check your email.Thanx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:48am On Jan 28, 2020
tellalexander:
We applied for a Canada visitor visa(family) on the 7th of January,paper based application and biometric on the same day till now I have not recieved any mail from IRCC about our application been processed,what happened? And I tried linking my paper based to online account,it was successful but on my profile it was showing;No data available. What is wrong or what happened! Gurus in the house pls explain to me? Why do you think IRCC didn’t send me a mail??

Check back within 24 to 48 hours
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abayomitsn: 5:05am On Jan 28, 2020
How can I convince CIC that my fiancé will go back after her visit. Am a PR and will finance the trip,
We want to do visiting now since we ain't ready for marriage until later this year.
What do we need to do, write , provide in the visitors visa application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 6:30am On Jan 28, 2020
tellalexander:
Please, did you book an appointment or you just walked in to submit your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 8:40am On Jan 28, 2020
Good morning to everyone and the gurus in the house!! Is been long I had from Ozzy on this forum or you’re already in Toronto Canada!

Well I got biometric validity on the 15 of this month and today mark 60 days of my waiting after submission! Gurus in the house! What next for me? Am at final stage of my application or still waiting for another mail update!! Please I’d appreciate everyone help!
Thanks!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TimTim01: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2020
Good morning house, I summited my application to vfs on 23 of this month along wit my biometric. and I want to track my application now but I don't get it please help me out.Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by owo2019: 11:06am On Jan 28, 2020
Dear house,
I apply online on 16/11/2019.
Biometric on 20/11/2019.
Confirmation letter for biometric the same day.
Almost 72 days no response from them.
Please what can I do now.
It has exceeded they time line.
Please assist me on what to do right now.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2020
TimTim01:
Good morning house, I summited my application to vfs on 23 of this month along wit my biometric. and I want to track my application now but I don't get it please help me out.Thanks.
Did you just walk in to submit or you booked an appointment?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
we booked am appointment
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dyce101(m): 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
tellalexander:
we booked am appointment

Is it visit visa application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
The new processing time is 80 days

owo2019:
Dear house,
I apply online on 16/11/2019.
Biometric on 20/11/2019.
Confirmation letter for biometric the same day.
Almost 72 days no response from them.
Please what can I do now.
It has exceeded they time line.
Please assist me on what to do right now.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mamsvee: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Good day house, my friend is applying for Canada temporary visit,and one of the documents to prove she would return is to have a flight ticket departing Canada, she would have done travel itinerary but she is staying with her brother. Is she suppose to buy her flight ticket before leaving? Or how does she prove this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Remicynt:
Hi everyone in this great platform. My husband and I are seeking for greener pastures. We r on the express entry route but we d scores are blowing up and we have really tried on IELTS. We just want to seek other means. I need sincere answers as I have questions to ask about this visitors Visa. 1. Do we need travel experience to apply fr this visa as we have no travel history at the moment 2. Can we get a work permit with this visa. 3 can we continue our pr application process while on this and also after the visa has been approved 4 what are the benefits of visitors Visa eg are we going to benefit from health insurance and some little benefits before pr comes. We want to try this route cs the only option now is gettn an employment or have an experience in Canada dat will go a long way in boosting our crs scores as we don't have any relative whatsoever. Plz I will like this questions to be answered as it will give us an headway in our plans. Thanks in advance.

I appreciate your honest question and i will do as much as possible to respond to you in a very direct and honest way.

First,I want you to remove the thought of working with visit visa if you apply and get approved.It will not work out for you,Canada is not like many countries like the US where you can work under the table as a visitor,the rules are tight here regarding the type of visit visa you are here with. With Visit Visa you have limitations to what you can access or do...for starters no landlord will rent you an accommodation with visit visa in your arms,no employer will hire you without social insurance number and you can not access any medicals as a visitor...meaning you have a hard time if you chose to remain here as an illegal visitor who has over stayed his visa.Secondly you cant apply for work or change of visa status while on a visitors visa.

secondly,I will advise you to look into provincial nomination program from different provinces..yes you may not have qualified for the federal scheme due to age,education level or work experience but you can leverage on PNP which has more relaxed means to get you into Canada..i know what people are told back home is for them to come in and apply for asylum..i always discourage that because it has 99% chance of being rejected and you see yourself back in Nigeria worse than you started.Truth is a lot of Nigerians on asylum claim dont tell you guys the real stories of what they pass through here with air of uncertainty,they make you believe all is fine and you should also come that way but sooner than you land here than you realize they misled you into diving into this ocean of uncertainty only then will your eyes clear.I guess you guys read everyday of Nigerians given deportation order regardless that some have stayed here for 7yrs to 13yrs...one thing Canada does well is,,they are never in a hurry,Canada can take 13yrs to finish your asylum claim and case and then the result is often negative. But your friends when they want to tell you,they say they already got their PR status which is false..what they got was right to temporarily stay while their hearing is on going but because they are allowed to work,have access to put their kids in school,they tell you they already got PR. Canada will teach you patience..they are never in a hurry.

On your question about Health Insurance...how do you get health insurance on a visitors visa.. i leave that for you to research and answer yourself.

I know some here will ask how true are all what i said...I have been here long to know and a Canadian citizen.

i hope this helped you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Mamsvee:
Good day house, my friend is applying for Canada temporary visit,and one of the documents to prove she would return is to have a flight ticket departing Canada, she would have done travel itinerary but she is staying with her brother. Is she suppose to buy her flight ticket before leaving? Or how does she prove this?

flight tickets are not proof that you friend will return..flight ticket bookings are mere formalities and is not part of what the case officer is looking out for.

If your friend wants to book a flight to add to his application...he or she should go online to any airline of choice..make the reservation and choose"hold reservation to pay later"..he will get ticket reservation number and code which after 24hrs without payment it cancels out automatically.But then you have a reservation to attach to your application.

Ethiopian Airline is your best bet on this.

Best of luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 9ger, bosslady101, Ashirioluwa and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.