Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2310858 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
I had a UCI number the last time I applied. Do I continue to use the number especially now that I am not doing a new biometrics?
Should I write the new number on my new application form?

I urgently need response. Thanks for your reply in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
Transmission Fees/SMS fees for Applicants on Renewal:

Please this is a heads up for some who may be renewing their Canadian Visit Visa soon and are unaware of this fees:

If you are applying for renewal and have done bio-metrics before which is still under 10yrs,you are not expected to go for another bio-metric until the first one expires within 10yrs ...it means you are not required to pay for any bio-metric fees again.

However in place of that,you are expected to pay N8190 for transmission fees and sms text fees. So when you received passport request for your renewal application please be sure to arm yourself with that fees while going to drop off your passport.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
babs4all:
I had a UCI number the last time applied. Do I continue to use the number especially now that I am not doing a new biometrics?
Should I write the new number on my new application form?

I urgently need response. Thanks for your reply in advance

Your UCI number is for life...continue using the old UCI...even if you application was rejected in first application but you have a UCI number that number remains your number even if you apply for student visa,work visa and PR visa..it still remains your UCI..the only thing that will always change is your application number.

Peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Predera: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
Good day good people, I appreciate everyone for their contribution in this forum. Please can someone put me through cos am a little bit confused. I submitted paper application for TRV on 20/12/2019 I also received AOR same day but I just got a message from the embassy acknowledging that my biometrics is still valid, I tried to link my paper application to an online account but it says No Information even when I tracked it with the tracking Id provided, it's the same thing I get. I don't know if my application is moving forward. Please someone should advice me cos am worried
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Predera:
Good day good people, I appreciate everyone for their contribution in this forum. Please can someone put me through cos am a little bit confused. I submitted paper application for TRV on 20/12/2019 I also received AOR same day but I just got a message from the embassy acknowledging that my biometrics is still valid, I tried to link my paper application to an online account but it says No Information even when I tracked it with the tracking Id provided, it's the same thing I get. I don't know if my application is moving forward. Please someone should advice me cos am worried

if you have done bometrics before...lest than 3yrs ago,,then it is still valid for the next 7yrs or 10yrs as the case may be...That tracking ID never works don't bother yourself...don't worry yourself,your application is still within the processing time so just wait..they will always get back to you as it progresses.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
abayomitsn:
How can I convince CIC that my fiancé will go back after her visit. Am a PR and will finance the trip,
We want to do visiting now since we ain't ready for marriage until later this year.
What do we need to do, write , provide in the visitors visa application

Red flag all over this.. Fiance you said? Again you are financing the trip. Your best bet, go back home and put ring on that finger; then go through the spouse sponsorship program. she will be here within 14 months if you have a good Job here.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2020
Temas:

Red flag all over this.. Fiance you said? Again you are financing the trip. Your best bet, go back home and put ring on that finger; then go through the spouse sponsorship program. she will be here within 14 months if you have a good Job here.

Very correct! She will be denied again
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
@Lusco,

please if any forum member goes by that handle name,i understand you want to reach out to me via email...sadly i dont respond to emails.Ask any question bugging you here and be sure i will respond to that. We all here to learn from questions and answers and others may benefit from responses given here.

Thanks and Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by approvedxxx: 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
PLEASE HOW DOES CANADA RENEWAL OF VISA WORKS, MY MUM WAS DENIED VISA EVEN AFTER SHE HAS TRAVELED BEFORE TO CANADA...
gentleiphy:

Please this is a heads up for some who may be renewing their Canadian Visit Visa soon and are unaware of this fees:

If you are applying for renewal and have done bio-metrics before which is still under 10yrs,you are not expected to go for another bio-metric until the first one expires within 10yrs ...it means you are not required to pay for any bio-metric fees again.

However in place of that,you are expected to pay N8190 for transmission fees and sms text fees. So when you received passport request for your renewal application please be sure to arm yourself with that fees while going to drop off your passport.

Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
approvedxxx:
PLEASE HOW DOES CANADA RENEWAL OF VISA WORKS, MY MUM WAS DENIED VISA EVEN AFTER SHE HAS TRAVELED BEFORE TO CANADA...

Check what you submitted in this denied application as against the previous application when visa was granted you will see why she was denied. It is rare to see parents who have visited Canada before being denied visa except the application has some defaults or some missing document either from the kids in Canada or from her own end.

My mom has visited Canada before and even had to overstay her 6 months allowable with 3 days because of circumstances beyond her control, i took her to the airport and explained to CBSA why she could not fly that day even though she was expected to leave..CBSA advised on what to do and asked that when she wants to renew her visa we should make sure to attach an explanation letter to why that has to happen without which she may be denied.To renew i did exactly what they asked and attached her changed flight ticket to the application.My mom submitted her passport today 28th Jan for visa to be affixed.

So my point is go back and check all what was submitted and you will find out why she was denied. However you can reapply again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
gentleiphy:

Check what you submitted in this denied application as against the previous application when visa was granted you will see why she was denied. It is rare to see parents who have visited Canada before being denied visa except the application has some defaults or some missing document either from the kids in Canada or from her own end.

My mom has visited Canada before and even had to overstay her 6 months allowable with 3 days because of circumstances beyond her control, i took her to the airport and explained to CBSA why she could not fly that day even though she was expected to leave..CBSA advised on what to do and asked that when she wants to renew her visa we should make sure to attach an explanation letter to why that has to happen without which she may be denied.To renew i did exactly what they asked and attached her changed flight ticket to the application.My mom submitted her passport today 28th Jan for visa to be affixed.

So my point is go back and check all what was submitted and you will find out why she was denied. However you can reapply again.

I suspected an overstay or a defect in previous visa usage as reason for the denial.

Learnt something new but quite risky from @the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
OmoBendel24:

I suspected an overstay or a defect in previous visa usage as reason for the denial.

Learnt something new but quite risky from @the bolded.

The bolded is not risky, it clearly tells the authority that the overstay was not intentional reason you came to the office to report and seek their advise which they gave and its on record you voluntarily came because you did not want them to see her as intentionally overstaying. Transparency and honesty is what Canada thrives on.They will forgive you for coming out truthful than falsify any thing...they see it as misrepresentation and a failure of integrity test.

we learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
gentleiphy:

The bolded is not risky, it clearly tells the authority that the overstay was not intentional reason you came to the office to report and seek their advise which they gave and its on record you voluntarily came because you did not want them to see her as intentionally overstaying. Transparency and honesty is what Canada thrives on.They will forgive you for coming out truthful than falsify any thing...they see it as misrepresentation and a failure of integrity test.

we learn everyday
Oh, you went to CBSA before the overstay you mean? Thought you did the explanation on her way out having had the 3 days overstay.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
OmoBendel24:
Oh, you went to CBSA before the overstay you mean? Thought you did the explanation on her way out having had the 3 days overstay.

Nope, went to CBSA the night she was to leave Canada,i took her for the CBSA to see for themselves that she could not fly that night and next flight available for re- booking was in the next three days...CBSA even called the airline to do the re booking right there in their office and got confirmation that flight was re booked. Mind you her visa was not expired as at that day..only issue was she had 6 months allowable to stay and that day was 6 months on the dot..midnight of same day makes it overstay above the 6 months...so that was why i took her to CBSA to see for themselves and that solved the wahala that would have come from renewing her next visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adigun98(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hello there,i I see you're doing doing a great job here thanks for the information you've been giving it's been an eye opener. I plan on coming to Canada on a visit visa but honestly I don't plan on coming back,please is there anything I can possibly do about that like a visa change or anything please your advice is need
Thank you
God bless ...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adigun98(m): 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
gentleiphy:

Nope, went to CBSA the night she was to leave Canada,i took her for the CBSA to see for themselves that she could not fly that night and next flight available for re- booking was in the next three days...CBSA even called the airline to do the re booking right there in their office and got confirmation that flight was re booked. Mind you her visa was not expired as at that day..only issue was she had 6 months allowable to stay and that day was 6 months on the dot..midnight of same day makes it overstay above the 6 months...so that was why i took her to CBSA to see for themselves and that solved the wahala that would have come from renewing her next visa.

Hello there,i I see you're doing doing a great job here thanks for the information you've been giving it's been an eye opener. I plan on coming to Canada on a visit visa but honestly I don't plan on coming back,please is there anything I can possibly do about that like a visa change or anything please your advice is need

Thank you

God bless ...
(
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tellalexander: 12:22am On Jan 29, 2020
I thought someone told me here that visit visa don’t get AOR..that it’s only permanent residence visa..but you said you submitted ur paper based application on 20/12/2019 and you got an AOR from IRCC on the same day..I applied on paper since 7th of January and till now I haven’t recieved a mail nor AOR from IRCC..I am very confused..Gurus in the house pls put me through..what’s going on? I need different comments pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 4:32am On Jan 29, 2020
adigun98:

Thank you

God bless ...
(

i already answered to this same question..just patiently scroll up to my responses....a lady asked this same question .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by francobay(m): 10:55am On Jan 29, 2020
Hi ,
Pls. I Applied for a tourist visa as a family with wife and my sons ages 5 and 11.I and kids were given a refusal but a final decision is still yet to be reached for my wife because are application states "under processing" and I'm confused on what's happening below is the timeline

Application Date = Nov 4th, 2019
Biometric Done = Nov 19th, 2019
Refusal Date = Jan 17th, 2019

The refusal was based on 'purpose of visit' We applied online in Nigeria and also did the biometric in Nigeria but our refusal came from Canadian Embassy in London, UK.

Pls.can gurus in the house help on out ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by francobay(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2020
Sorry refusal date was 17th Jan.2020.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2020
francobay:
Hi ,
Pls. I Applied for a tourist visa as a family with wife and my sons ages 5 and 11.I and kids were given a refusal but a final decision is still yet to be reached for my wife because are application states "under processing" and I'm confused on what's happening below is the timeline

Application Date = Nov 4th, 2019
Biometric Done = Nov 19th, 2019
Refusal Date = Jan 17th, 2019

The refusal was based on 'purpose of visit' We applied online in Nigeria and also did the biometric in Nigeria but our refusal came from Canadian Embassy in London, UK.

Pls.can gurus in the house help on out ?
Kindly list documents submitted. You should also apply for GCMS.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by francobay(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Documents submitted
Passport data page (whole family)
Visa entry and exit stamps
Travel history - france,south africa,Tanzania and Ghana
Wife's travel history - Dubai, SA and Tanzania.
Kids- SA and Tanzania (traveled as a family.
CAC document( both us are self employed)
Family photographs
School results for kids
Admission letter of kids to( pry and sec.sch)
Birth cert. (Whole family)
Property Documents.(survey,deed of agreement and approved building plan)
Bank statement for me(600k) and wife(1.2M)
Company bank statement - 30M

Just wondering why they are holding on for a final decision to be made for wifey since i the principal applicant was refused....?

Appreciate your swift response..cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
Good morning to everyone and the gurus in the house!! Is been long I had from Ozzy on this forum or you’re already in Toronto Canada!

Well I got biometric validity on the 15 of this month and today mark 60 days of my waiting after submission! Gurus in the house! What next for me? Am at final stage of my application or still waiting for another mail update!! Please I’d appreciate everyone help!
Thanks!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by micluv111: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ruben225571:
Good morning to everyone and the gurus in the house!! Is been long I had from Ozzy on this forum or you’re already in Toronto Canada!

Well I got biometric validity on the 15 of this month and today mark 60 days of my waiting after submission! Gurus in the house! What next for me? Am at final stage of my application or still waiting for another mail update!! Please I’d appreciate everyone help!
Thanks!!!

You mean you already got correspondent letter of biometrics since jan 15, decision is already been made on your application and I'm scared of the outcome.

On a normal ground, after biometric validity dropped passport request msg follows or both msgs dropped at the same time.

Well just be positive
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentleiphy: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
francobay:

Documents submitted
Passport data page (whole family)
Visa entry and exit stamps
Travel history - france,south africa,Tanzania and Ghana
Wife's travel history - Dubai, SA and Tanzania.
Kids- SA and Tanzania (traveled as a family.
CAC document( both us are self employed)
Family photographs
School results for kids
Admission letter of kids to( pry and sec.sch)
Birth cert. (Whole family)
Property Documents.(survey,deed of agreement and approved building plan)
Bank statement for me(600k) and wife(1.2M)
Company bank statement - 30M

Just wondering why they are holding on for a final decision to be made for wifey since i the principal applicant was refused....?

Appreciate your swift response..cheers!

If i may ask,what was the reason behind including kids results and admission letter?was it requested for on the checklist?A for your wife,you cant pre-empt rather you have to wait to until they are done,nobody here can answer you to why hers is delaying because none here is a case officer,we only try to answer to the questions people have had experiences with.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 6:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
gentleiphy:

If you are applying for renewal and have done

Best of luck

Thanks for this info.

Please do you know if it is allowed to submit and later retrieve passport on behalf of someone else after one receives notice to submit passport for approval? If yes what are the requirements? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Newmum0615:
Thank you!

Just thought to mention that there are some food items that are not allowed into Canada, meat and meat products, dairy and dairy products etc.... in case you are not aware. They may end up being thrown away by the immigration officers in Canada if they are declared/ the bag is checked

You can check the cic website for more details
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
ishowleck:

Thank you so much for this, God bless you.
In other words do you mean a work permit can not be issued on visiting visa?

���

No, please see link below.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=172&top=17
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2020
Newww:
Hi newmum,

You can get someone to submit for him and pay for courier.
In my case, i submitted for my mum and filled in my address for courier at vfs as i was not allowed to pick it up on her behalf. Upon delivery of the passport, the UPS delivery person collected the slip given at vfs.

However, i think there is an age limit that enables pick-up for a parent, my mum was not up to the age so i did not pursue that route.

Hi,
Could you please guide me on how to submit passport on someone’s behalf? I checked the vfs website but could not find any information regarding that. I read something about a consent form, i did not see it on the vfs website as well. Would much appreciate if you could please list the items to provide including fees to be paid when submitting on behalf of someone. For the courier service to return the passport, do you know how much it costs and the duration? Sorry for the trouble

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newmum0615: 4:18am On Jan 30, 2020
Yeah, I am well aware of that. Thanks.
jpepper:

Just thought to mention that there are some food items that are not allowed into Canada, meat and meat products, dairy and dairy products etc.... in case you are not aware. They may end up being thrown away by the immigration officers in Canada if they are declared/ the bag is checked

You can check the cic website for more details
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nekdr: 6:33am On Jan 30, 2020
Pls I need some assistance applying for my mom visting Visa and I noticed they is an imm5257 form they are asking for different from the application form this one is about declaration if in the military and other organization. Please did anyone get to submit this form. Thanks for the reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olawumi2005(m), lakeside3020(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.